Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #151
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteau_chick View Post
I am subbing I read all ten pages this morning. We will be there Dec. 11th-18th. I hope you get to go. Are you on the Dis Botiquers board? I post there sometimes. I laughed about your zebra. My three year old Grace said to me the other day, "Momma you have zebra panties. I gonna buy you some elefant panties." Gee thanks Grace............... I can't wait to hear more about your trip plans and I hope you get to go.
Thanks so much for joining. No, I don't post on the boutiquers. That is for sewers, right? I can't really sew, but I have looked there a few times.
Sometimes I feel like my underwear would fit an elephant. LOL!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #152
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Dr Update~

Skip went to his family Dr. on Friday. He asked him about the possiblity of bursitis, and he said, yes it very well could be, but the only way to know is to start injections and see if it helps. BUT, he won't do that because he is worried about messing with his hip after his hip replacemtn, so he said he needed to talk to the Hip Dr. about that....and he is on vacation till the 15th of August. (this guy seems to always be on vacation)
He has an appointment with a general surgeon as well on the 10th of Aug. So hopefully we are getting closer to some sort of an answer.
On the good side, his family Dr gave him muscle relaxers. I also suggested to Skip to put on icy hot at night. Yesterday he was walking with no cane!!! and very little limp, so something helped! I was so excited. And so was he!
I haven't talked to him today much, only about 5 seconds and he was sitting, so I didn't remember to ask how he was today. But hopefully we are on to something!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #153
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I never did post pictures from the big day of the dance recital, so I thought I would offically post a few from that day now!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #154
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Back to the 2007 trip!

We went March 4th to the 8th. We had only 4 park days. Since we only had 4, and I wanted to do MK twice, we opted out of MGM that trip. I had never been impressed in the past with it, and really wanted to see AK again.
We flew out of Toledo airport on Allegiant into Sandford, and rented a car.
We stayed at Pop Century!

We got in early evening and head over to MK for the EMH's. We rode alot of rides, an, d rode DUMBO!!!ate at Comic Rays and stayed till 1:30 AM. It was great!

We hit the beds hard and planned on sleeping in the next day till Claire got up and then off to Epcot!

Last edited by jenseib; 08-01-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #155
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

On March 5th, our sleeping in plans were overturned by a little girl who woke up around 8 AM crying.."I want to see Mickey Mouse" over and over! So we got up and ready and heaed out to Epcot.
At that time, I had did some research on Dis, but still had so much to learn..and one thing I wasn't sure about was...Is Mickey even at Epcot regularly? Thank goodness he was.
We entered and ask a CM where we could possibly find him and she pointed us in the way. This was before the character meeting spot they have now, but it was basically in the same building, but kind off the beaten path to the side of the building...and....ABSOLUTELY NO line!!!!!

We also saw Goofy, Minnie, Chip & Dale, and Pluto. All was good!

We spent a good protion of the morning and afternoon there and had lots of fun.

Now Claire needs alot of sleep, so by mid afternoon she looked like a Zombie!

She got to the point of just sitting in the stroller and not wanting to get out, but refusing to fall asleep as well.
We saw Aurora and for the most part all the pics taken with her, Claire looks so spaced out. LOL!

So we decided to pack up and go for a monrail ride and see if that would coax her to sleep. It didn't, but it was a nice ride.
We had late ADR's at Alfredos in Italy (it closed not to long after that, I beleive) and tried to see if we could get in sooner, but it was booked up. So we walked around and waited.
She got a second wind and was fine at dinner at really pigged out on the food.

We called it a night after that. I had hoped to make it to illumiations, but we were just too dang tired!

Last edited by jenseib; 08-01-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #156
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Edit from 1999 trip!!!!

Sometimes I just amaze my self how I forget important things!! LOL! I forgot to add, but just edited in the 199 post, but for those who already read that part....I did FINALLY ride Dumbo! It was so nice too. It was just something that I had to do in my lifetime and was so happy to accomplish it. Now of course it's not the best ride in the park, but when you want to go on something for 25 years, it's really special to do it.
We also rode it in 2007, but I was quite pooh sized then. They put the 3 of us in one car. Well, I should've requested 2, because just DH an Iin htere was tight, with Claire in the mix...VERY tight. So even though I enjoyed riding it with my DD, it was uncomfortable most of the ride.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #157
stephielela
DIS Veteran

glad to hear that skip is feeling a bit better at least! i will keep my fingers crossed for continued improvement!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #158
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Joining in your trip report! Hope DH improves now and you get to go in December after all. We are taking our first ever WDW vacation Nov. 30-Dec10. Can't wait!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #159
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Subbing.... Hi Jen!!!!!!!

I need some sleep but will be back to catch up!!!!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #160
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Subbing.... Hi Jen!!!!!!!

I need some sleep but will be back to catch up!!!!
thanks for joining! Take your time. I have no real plans going yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Joining in your trip report! Hope DH improves now and you get to go in December after all. We are taking our first ever WDW vacation Nov. 30-Dec10. Can't wait!
Thanks for joining. I sure hope we can make this happen. If you have any questions let me know. I bet you are super excited!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #161
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

March 6th, 2007 was a busy day.
We had an early ADR for Chef Mickey's, which meant we had to get Claire up early. The lack of sleep was catching up to her.

We had thought about just going to MK right from there, but then decided to go back to the room for some reason. Claire fell asleep on the way back, so her and Skip took a nap, while I went on ahead with plans to come back later and meet them.

After they woke, Skip brought her over and we met up and went about our day. The whole trip had been a bit chilly, but this day was warming up a bit more than the others.

This trip, it was also pretty crowded, so we just did what we could. I don't remember exactly what rides we rode this day, but I know one attraction was the Country Bears at Skip's insistance. Claire liked it, Skip liked it, I.... thought it was pretty dumb! LOL! But this is one thing Skip remembers from a childhood trip so I have to be the nice wife and go.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #162
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen!

I've been following along and sure hope they can find something to help Skip and you can get back to Disney this year!

I'm enjoying the walk down memory lane for you!

It just occurred to me that we were at Disney in March 07, and low and behold, we were in the Magic Kingdom the same day as you! Wasn't it just a beautiful day to be in the Magic Kingdom???? This is from that very afternoon:

mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #163
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What a small world!
I remember the first night we got there we were wearing our winter coats because it was so chilly. But each day it warmed a little more, and I wore shorts everyday. I was in FL and a littel bit of a cold leg wasn't stopping me. LOL! I did wear a shirtshirt most days though too.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #164
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a small world!
I remember the first night we got there we were wearing our winter coats because it was so chilly. But each day it warmed a little more, and I wore shorts everyday. I was in FL and a littel bit of a cold leg wasn't stopping me. LOL! I did wear a shirtshirt most days though too.
Yes, I remember the day before we were at Animal Kingdom. We got there at rope drop, and my husband had to spend the first HOUR shopping for a jacket since he hadn't packed one as instructed.... Fortunately it was a fairly slow traffic day at that park and we still got a lot done......

I remember the kids tried to swim at the hotel pool, and man..... that just didn't pan out.

It was PERFECT weather for me. Any day I can do Disney in a sweatshirt is a good day!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #165
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Yes we ended up doing a sweatshirt shop too, as when Skip brought Claire over he didn't bring sweatshirts with him either and the evenign got a little too cold for all of us.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: