Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #1546
mauigal
Yay! For the happiest place on earth!
 
mauigal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: sunny Los Angeles...
Posts: 490

.




No, we are flying in the day before and staying the night at Port Canaveral at the Residence Inn and using the shuttle to go over to the poirt the next morning. I found it was too long of a day to fly down that same day. And like I posted before, it never went smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, very good!!!
mauigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #1547
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

great deals! Jen
we went to JCP yesterday, I found 4 T's for Ashton for a total of $10. Wanted to pick up a few shirts for the kids we know we will be invited to bday parties but Danny was getting antsy...needed to go with out him.
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #1548
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
great deals! Jen
we went to JCP yesterday, I found 4 T's for Ashton for a total of $10. Wanted to pick up a few shirts for the kids we know we will be invited to bday parties but Danny was getting antsy...needed to go with out him.
I never even bring Skip with us to shop...pretty much anywhere. Yes it happens once in awhile if we stop on the spur of the moment, but then it's in to get something and out. He has no patience at all.
My dad is the same way.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #1549
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,601

Our second day on the ship will be April 1st.

This is the room that we will most likely be waking up in.











And just for comparison...The last cruise Skip and I took was NCL, in an inside cabin. We took this picture right before we got off the ship. The beds had been pushed back apart, but we had them together when we were sailing. This room was small!




We arrive in Nassau that morning around 9:30.

We have no set plans as of right now. Skip wants to take a taxi to Atlantis at some point and look around. So we'll probably get up slowly, get some breakfast and make our way over there.





We visited Atlantis Last trip, and I just thought it was soooo beautiful. I can't wait to ake some pictures of it this time around with a much better camera.



Here are a few pics I took of Atlantis last trip. They are scanned, and not the greatest, but this place is just gorgeous.
















Last edited by jenseib; 03-11-2011 at 08:24 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #1550
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,601

After ATlantis, I do want to do a little shopping. I don't tend to buy a lot of stuff, but I still like looking. maybe a t-shirt or something. If I do the talk the day before (I love going to port talks), and find out if there are any free items, I may go collect those. I did get some earings and totebags free on the last cruises.
After our shopping, we will probably head back to the ship. Get a bite to eat and see what we feel like. The ship is there till 6PM, so depending on time, we might venture back out or just hang at the pool. And see what Claire wants to do as well. She may want to check back into the kids club for awhile.
I do beleive this is pirate night as well. I have a pirate outfit for Claire to wear, and hats for Skip and I. I think the Villians show is this evening as well. I'm not sure if we'll go to it, or if we do, if we'll take Claire. She seems to be in a stage where the villians tend to scare her a lot. So she may not really even like this show at this time.
I think dinner is at 8:30 for the late seatin. I am hearing reports that the dinners are going EXTREMELY slow so far on the Maiden Voyage. I am going to try and ask our server to speed up things for us (I hear others have asked this in the past) We like to dinner, but not a 2 hour dinner. If we get a table to ourselves like I requested, I don't think they should have a problem with speeding things up.
After dinner...off to the pirate party. I have heard that they are possibly making this into 2 different shows. An early one that is very showy , kind of like fun for kids, and then a later party. In theory this is good, EXCEPT that those who have late seating, can't attend the early show thing. It will also conflict with some of the show times. Since there is still very little in the way of reports from the Maiden Voyage, I'll have to wait and see how this plays out.
I expect we will be exhausted after the party and fireworks, and most likely will head off to dreamland!

Last edited by jenseib; 02-03-2011 at 07:21 PM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #1551
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran
 
Kathy Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 5,245

Wow the room you'll be staying in looks so cool especially with the balcony! And yes your last room was TINY! Your pictures are beautiful I wish I was there right now. I was reading about the pirate party and that seems like it would be a lot of fun. I'm not even planning on taking a cruise but now you've got me looking at all the cruise stuff
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #1552
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Can't wait to hear all about your cruise when you get back. We are going to Key West, Freeport, and Nassau when we go in May. We are traveling on Carnival Triumph from New Orleans. Don't know if you remember (from my TR) we are celebrating our 25th and we have some friends joining us who are celebrating his 40th bday; all that celebrating should bring in a pretty bar tab (Danny and I were trying to figure what our $$ per day limit should be?!? I told him $25 and he laughed). We are looking forward to it! and an all adult trip...woohoo! Our room is suppose to be a nice size with a balconey (our last room was an inside, too! not quite as small as the picture you have pictured
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #1553
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Wow the room you'll be staying in looks so cool especially with the balcony! And yes your last room was TINY! Your pictures are beautiful I wish I was there right now. I was reading about the pirate party and that seems like it would be a lot of fun. I'm not even planning on taking a cruise but now you've got me looking at all the cruise stuff
I seem to be causing that reaction to a lot of people lately. Hopefully, once I cruise, and hopefully it's great, and I can convince some of you to give it a try too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #1554
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Can't wait to hear all about your cruise when you get back. We are going to Key West, Freeport, and Nassau when we go in May. We are traveling on Carnival Triumph from New Orleans. Don't know if you remember (from my TR) we are celebrating our 25th and we have some friends joining us who are celebrating his 40th bday; all that celebrating should bring in a pretty bar tab (Danny and I were trying to figure what our $$ per day limit should be?!? I told him $25 and he laughed). We are looking forward to it! and an all adult trip...woohoo! Our room is suppose to be a nice size with a balconey (our last room was an inside, too! not quite as small as the picture you have pictured
My sister did a Carnival several years ago and really enjoyed it. Have you looked at cruise critic at all? They have forums there and they have each line listed so you can review the line and ask questions about each ship there. A few years ago, I was reading about Carnival, Disney and NCL, since I had wanted to do a cruise for my 40th. I finally decided Disney was the best for us to take Claire on, but then Skip vetoed it and we went to WDW.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #1555
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My sister did a Carnival several years ago and really enjoyed it. Have you looked at cruise critic at all? They have forums there and they have each line listed so you can review the line and ask questions about each ship there. A few years ago, I was reading about Carnival, Disney and NCL, since I had wanted to do a cruise for my 40th. I finally decided Disney was the best for us to take Claire on, but then Skip vetoed it and we went to WDW.
No, I'll have to give it a look see and share with my friend (this is her first cruise). My parents cruise two -three times a year. Normally, Carnival or Norwegian; I believe they have been on just about all the major lines except Disney (they just went on the Triumph in Dec and last spring--so, for the most part they have been able to answer most of our questions). Disney would have to come out with an awesome deal before he booked OR mom would have to beg him if we ever decide to give it a try. We were talking about the Disney Alaska cruise in a few years.
Thanks!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #1556
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Those rooms look so nice. I've never cruised before, but I've heard the rooms are very small. That cruise picture from before was crazy small. I suppose they expect you to do other things than hang in your room all day.
Someday, I'm gonna do the Alaskan cruise, maybe for our 25th, ( in only 12 years!
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #1557
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Those rooms look so nice. I've never cruised before, but I've heard the rooms are very small. That cruise picture from before was crazy small. I suppose they expect you to do other things than hang in your room all day.
Someday, I'm gonna do the Alaskan cruise, maybe for our 25th, ( in only 12 years!
It was very small. and you should've seen the bathroom. The shower was so tiny. But it was fine for a few days, and we were really not in the room much at all.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #1558
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 3,359

Jen!!! I was ridiculously behind over here but have caught up again. You're booked! On the DREAM!! Woo hoo! The rest of your plans sound fabulous too.... I can't wait for your TR!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #1559
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Jen!!! I was ridiculously behind over here but have caught up again. You're booked! On the DREAM!! Woo hoo! The rest of your plans sound fabulous too.... I can't wait for your TR!
YES!!!! I can't wait. My ticker is moving so slow now though. I want to pack, but I just know everything will be wrinkled by the time we go, so I am holding off so far. LOL!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #1560
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

I love reading about your plans! Ahhhh, I want a cruise sooooo bad! I know it will happen...someday!

Atlantis looks amazing! Is it a hotel? I have only heard of it briefly - there is a waterpark there too, right?
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: