Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #286
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81,195

Just found out from DisneyFirefly's PTR that due to a technical problem, she is NOT likely to be on-line as regularly as she has been . I'm sad as she (and franandaj ) has been my most regular poster on this thread and I hope that the technical problem gets sorted out (and quickly!).

So, I'm hoping that some of you visitors and lurkers out there might be persuaded to occassionally drop me a post from time to time for encouragement so that I may NOT lose focus on writing this TR.

(Ple...ea....se??)

__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #287
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK
 
DisneyFirefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,454

__________________

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #288
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81,195

I can NOT believe that I'm nearly ready for this trip!

Last night (Melbourne time), I called the WDW convention number that I got off DH's link. I'm still NOT overly planning this trip; but there were a few minor details that I needed to tie down and finish.....

Oh...who am I kidding???

I was driven NUTS by the fact that DH still hadn't organised anything for his tickets (and by extension....my ticket); and we had NOT heard anything about ME. So, the OCD in me busted out last night and made a little phone call.

1. Park Tickets

For DH: I purchased a 2 day after 2 pm Park Hopper ticket for him. This is a convention only ticket and the cost of this is $140. I also purchase a MNSSHP ticket for Tuesday 26th October (standard retail price) and he's now all set for park entry.

For me: I purchased a 4 day park hopper ticket. Convention special price is $250 and I found out from the CM that it includes a one visit WPF&M in this price. . This ticket will be linked to my KTTW on arrival.
I had previously purchased MNSSHP tickets for the 24th and the 26th; so now I'm all set for park entry as well!


2. Magical Express

I checked with the CM and our request for ME, including flight details, have definitely been entered into the system. As we are overseas, we will NOT be sent any ME documentation.....I had forgotten this little detail. We booked through an American TA for our May trip and she sent out the tags! Oh Well....I know for certain that we are booked in!


3. Disney Dining Plan

For DH: He's got some food included in the convention and would only need 2 dinners; so he does NOT need a DDP.


For Me: The CM told me that the convention system does NOT allow DDP to be added. Oh well, at least I will NOT be left hoping that this might possible...


So, aside from packing, I believe that all the logistics for this NOT NOT trip are now in place and completed!

__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:00 AM   #289
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK
 
DisneyFirefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,454

Yay for having things sorted out!
__________________

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:46 AM   #290
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81,195

Today, DH and I had a discussion about whether we want to go see Harry Potter or NOT. We are both mad keen Potty about Potter; so if we can wake up early enough we absolutely will try and make it HPW.

I'm hoping that someone will be able to tell me.....

1. What is the best way to get from WDW to HPW? Should we take a taxi or hire a car for the day?

2. How long do we need at HPW? We think we may have about 3 - 4 hours, depending on what time we wake up.

3. What are the MUST do's; aside from the rides?

TIA.

__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:48 AM   #291
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK
 
DisneyFirefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,454

I have no clue, but I'm curious about that, too! We're thinking about spending a day at IOA next year just to go to WWOHP. Oddly enough, I just re-read Deathly Hallows last night (yes, all in one night, it was boring here last night, not even a single alarm).

__________________

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:51 AM   #292
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81,195

Re-reading HP and the Deathly Hallows....just in time for Part 1 later in the year!
The trailers look amazing.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:01 AM   #293
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK
 
DisneyFirefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,454

They really do I can't wait The part I'm looking forward to the most, though, is going to be in the second part
__________________

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #294
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 21,603

I am so through with seeing the movies in the theaters. I find them too disappointing. I can't believe that Dobie was left out of all the movies but one. They will probably leave him out of the Deathly Hallows and his death is such a crtical turning point!

I understand they have to make changes to make the movies fit in a reasonable time frame, but I don't like the things that they cut!

However, on our trip (for which I am actually working on a PTR, soon to launch maybe by October 1st), we plan on staying at Universal two nights for front of the line passes to HP!

I'd say go for it and have a Butterbeer for me!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #295
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK
 
DisneyFirefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,454

I've actually heard that the reason that HPatDH is two movies is BECAUSE they didn't cut anything out. There was nothing they COULD cut, because as you said, everything is integral to the plot. My favorite part is when Neville kills Nagini. I so can't wait for that
__________________

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #296
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I am so through with seeing the movies in the theaters. I find them too disappointing. I can't believe that Dobie was left out of all the movies but one. They will probably leave him out of the Deathly Hallows and his death is such a crtical turning point!

I understand they have to make changes to make the movies fit in a reasonable time frame, but I don't like the things that they cut!

However, on our trip (for which I am actually working on a PTR, soon to launch maybe by October 1st), we plan on staying at Universal two nights for front of the line passes to HP!

I'd say go for it and have a Butterbeer for me!
I find the movies disappointing when you compare it to the books. Even Hollywood can NOT measure up to imagination. But I have to say that the last 2 movies in the franchise have NOT been too bad. And I have high expectations that because the last book is in 2 parts that there is NOT much that they can cut out.

I would like to be able to do FotLP to HP but we'll have to save this for another trip. I'm certainly looking forward to just seeing the place, taking in the ambience and have one or three Butterbeers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I've actually heard that the reason that HPatDH is two movies is BECAUSE they didn't cut anything out. There was nothing they COULD cut, because as you said, everything is integral to the plot. My favorite part is when Neville kills Nagini. I so can't wait for that
I agree; although I think that there will still be things that will be cut. So one of the interesting side-watches for HP7 Part 1 and 2 will be to see what does NOT make it to the big screen.

My favourite part is when Harry finds out which side Snape is actually on. I'm curious to see how that turns out on screen and what the young ones will look like. I'll have to wait for part 2 as well.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #297
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 21,603

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
My favourite part is when Harry finds out which side Snape is actually on. I'm curious to see how that turns out on screen and what the young ones will look like. I'll have to wait for part 2 as well.
I think that whole reveal was my favorite part too, the part when you find out that Lily's sister knows about the dementors from "that evil boy". The whole time you think, it's James and then you find out about her relationship with Snape and that he's "undercover". I also cried at the scene at the train in the end when they were all sending their kids off to Hogwarts.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #298
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I think that whole reveal was my favorite part too, the part when you find out that Lily's sister knows about the dementors from "that evil boy". The whole time you think, it's James and then you find out about her relationship with Snape and that he's "undercover". I also cried at the scene at the train in the end when they were all sending their kids off to Hogwarts.
Me too.

I was sorry to see the end of the series. I still feel like that there is something missing in life.....at least the last book will fill the void until middle of next year.

On another note, I took my son to see the Legend of the Guardians:Owls of Ga'hool today. We saw the first half and it was enjoyable. Unfortunately, the second half of the movie had been loaded upsidedown in the projector; so not only was the movie vertically challenging, but the sound was also backwards!! Someone else in the audience went to complain after 5 minutes. Unfortunately, they could NOT fix the screening; but offered us the option to go the the 3D movie that was about 5 minutes behinds where we were. My DS does NOT like 3D; so we asked for and got a refund instead.

It was pretty funny - but I do NOT know how the film ended. I'll need to read the book to find out
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:21 AM   #299
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 21,603

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Me too.

I was sorry to see the end of the series. I still feel like that there is something missing in life.....at least the last book will fill the void until middle of next year.

On another note, I took my son to see the Legend of the Guardians:Owls of Ga'hool today. We saw the first half and it was enjoyable. Unfortunately, the second half of the movie had been loaded upsidedown in the projector; so not only was the movie vertically challenging, but the sound was also backwards!! Someone else in the audience went to complain after 5 minutes. Unfortunately, they could NOT fix the screening; but offered us the option to go the the 3D movie that was about 5 minutes behinds where we were. My DS does NOT like 3D; so we asked for and got a refund instead.

It was pretty funny - but I do NOT know how the film ended. I'll need to read the book to find out


I'm sorry that you had a unfulfilled movie, but I can't believe that a theater had a problem like that in today's day and age! I'm sorry that you didn't get the end of it. It didn't look like that great of a movie to us, but who knows we don't even know the plot.
ill enjoy whatever time you can offer while I am bored with Fran in the hospital.

Actually I'm going to have spend a lot of time there and have a hell of a lot of mail to go through since we've been having so much fun for the last week!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:42 AM   #300
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post


I'm sorry that you had a unfulfilled movie, but I can't believe that a theater had a problem like that in today's day and age! I'm sorry that you didn't get the end of it. It didn't look like that great of a movie to us, but who knows we don't even know the plot.
ill enjoy whatever time you can offer while I am bored with Fran in the hospital.

Actually I'm going to have spend a lot of time there and have a hell of a lot of mail to go through since we've been having so much fun for the last week!
Hope things go successfully for Fran.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.