Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 AM   #196
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Flying United or United?

Movement on the DH front....small step forward....NOT!

DH has finally decided that he should fly United; and not United. I think he's decided on the Melbourne to Orlando route.

He is now deciding on whether he should fly out of Orlando via LA to SF; or fly out of Orlando via Charlotte to SF.
I believe that there is NOT quite 30 minutes difference between the two flights out of Orlando.....and it still comes down to a United flight or a United flight.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #197
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Well, I hope he makes a decision and books soon I wish I could book my airfare, but not yet. Hopefully soon, though

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #198
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
WARNING: This post may be considered offensive to some readers. No bean was hurt in the posting and no offensive is intended (at least NOT much ).

Whenever I visit the US, I end up completing a detox program. NOT one of my choosing; but one enforced on me by the coffee served in the US.

(Disclaimer: The exception to this rule is Cafe Corbas, Hayes Valley, San Francisco. http://www.hayesvalleyshop.com/stores/cafeCorbas.html

Most of the time, when I buy coffee anywhere in the US, more than half of the cup invariably ends up down a Chute like this.

NOT that I am particularly fond of it, but through experience, I've found that the McDonald's equivalent of coffee:

suddenly becomes palatable to my tastes after 2 days. And ordering a double decaf soy milk latte becomes (not) my brew of choice!
Don't get me wrong.....we do have this chain in Australia; but it is not somewhere that Aussies automagically go for their java pick-me-up in the morning.

So entrenched is coffee in Melbourne, that a good friend of mine moved their laundry out of their house; and installed the Magic Cafe instead.

Therefore, I am posting my favourite SHOTS so that when I get to WDW, I will be able to find 2 examples and only dream....(not).....

Latte

Capuccino

Both of which, I am happy to have with a lamington!

I hope to add at least 3 other types of coffee examples to this post. So, watch this space!

You really do write so well, so funny!

I am absolutely drooling over that coffee and particularly that lamington. We are about to head out for breakfast and I am so hungry now
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #199
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers View Post
You really do write so well, so funny!

I am absolutely drooling over that coffee and particularly that lamington. We are about to head out for breakfast and I am so hungry now
Thanks! How was breakfast?

I'm on the hunt for a good shot of a long black, short black, espresso and a marchiato. I'll have to work on it this week....

And Welcome to my NOT PTR....Hope you stop by again .

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 08-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #200
PrincessInOz
in

My NOT plans for a trip that has NOT been confirmed...(yet)

Did I mention that we are considering flying United or United?

Well, I went into the United website this morning (amongst others) and had a look at the flight options myself.

Our itinerary would look something like this:

Sat 23rd: Groundhog day
Depart MEL for MCO via SFO and I don't even want to know where else. It will be a surprise...NOT!
We will arrive in MCO on the same day that we depart Melbourne because we cross the international date line and go back in time.
Flying time will be something along the lines of 26 hours; and this is the leg of the trip that I am NOT looking forward to.

(It always amuses me that there is incontrovertible global proof that Australia is AHEAD of the rest of the world....at least timewise ).

DH still has to confirm accommodation but at this stage I am assuming that we will be checking into Coronado Springs Resort before crashing!

Sun 24th: Shh...don't tell Mickey, but I'm hoping to Mickey cheat with Harry day
Assuming we wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed, I am hoping to get down to Harry Potter World. Yes, I know that I'll be cheating on Mickey but this is Harry we are talking about. DH and I are big fans of the books and I think it would be fun to go see the "Hog"-world.

DH has not said that we shouldn't go; but then again, he hasn't said that we should not not go either...

At some point in the day, DH is going to have to head back to the resort and register for the conference.

And then I understand from DisneyFirefly's PTR that we have dinner plans back at Crystal Palace, MK for the night with her and LuvChefMic (and possibly her husband); and also plans to enjoy MNSSHP.

Mon 25th: Blissful Bites day
Firefly has graciously let me swipe the below from her PTR as I'm not as detailed as she has been for this trip planning (well, not much).
Her plans show the following:
Monday, October 25
Head over to Epcot to meet up with PrincessInOz and maybe LuvChefMic
F&W festival
Hop over to MK for EMH
Grab a late dinner at Casey's, if they're open

I guess I know what I'll be doing for the day; in between all the eating, I'll be hanging out with her and LuvChefMic (maybe or maybe not).

We already know (from other shameless posting elsewhere) that we will be heading to the Mountains for rides at MK and as many times on POTC and HM as we can possibly get on.
I think I might refrain from too many spin cycle washing riding on the teacups; but that will depend on what my tummy may or may not be feeling on the day.

Tue 26th: Go with the Wind day
The only not-plans I have for the day is dinner at Liberty Tree with Firefly and LuvChef Mic and attending MNSSHP again.

Firefly is spending the day as follows:
Tuesday, October 26
DHS in the morning
Lunch at Sci-Fi at 1:10
Head to MK whenever I'm done with DHS
Dinner at Liberty Tree with PrincessInOz and LuvChefMic at 5:20
MNSSHP!

I'd like to hang out with her in the morning....but might keep the afternoon free in case I feel like heading to AK, DTD or enjoying the resort a little.

Wed 27th: Departing for SF

Wow! That feels like a quick trip through the World! But I'm so looking forward to spending more time with LuvChefMic and Firefly; and also meeting Firefly face to face.

In between all of the above, I'm also hoping to catch up with Manntra!

Thu/Fri 28th - 29th: Catching up with my heart in SF

SF is a city that I could see myself living in....if it were NOT for the San Andreas fault. So, whenever I get the chance to visit, it takes me about a heartbeart to say YES, I'm going!
I know this city pretty well and I'm not sure what I'll do with my two days there yet, but I know there are lots of places that I can spend time....and may even decide to allocated whole chunks towards SHOPPING......How many days to Christmas??

All I need now, is to confirm flight arrangements!!

Last edited by PrincessInOz; 08-13-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #201
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Sun 24th: Shh...don't tell Mickey, but I'm hoping to Mickey cheat with Harry day
Assuming we wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed, I am hoping to get down to Harry Potter World. Yes, I know that I'll be cheating on Mickey but this is Harry we are talking about. DH and I are big fans of the books and I think it would be fun to go see the "Hog"-world.

DH has not said that we shouldn't go; but then again, he hasn't said that we should not not go either...
I really want to go to Universal, but I think Jacquie and Ian and I are going to try and do a day there when we go next November. I think I'd have more fun exploring it for the first time with someone else anyway

Quote:
I think I might refrain from too many spin cycle washing riding on the teacups; but that will depend on what my tummy may or may not be feeling on the day.
I'll hold your bag... I can't go on the teacups (or Mission: Space, for that matter). The teacups make me sick, and Mission: Space makes me claustrophobic AND sick. So yeah, I'll hold your bag

Quote:
I'd like to hang out with her in the morning....but might keep the afternoon free in case I feel like heading to AK, DTD or enjoying the resort a little.
Feel free! I'm not planning on hitting too much over there, and I'm sure you could join me for lunch at Sci-Fi if you wanted to I doubt they'd literally have a table for one But yeah, it's up to you I'm just going to spend the morning there and then go to MK after lunch.

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 08-14-2010, 04:43 AM   #202
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Love reading about all of your plans and NOT PLANS

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #203
manntra
DIS Veteran

Plans are not shaping up nicely
Do you rent a car when you arrive? Was wondering how you were planning on cheating on Mickey with Harry I am going to be doing that at some point in the future but will wait until another trip with some nieces/nephews. Looks really awesome over there I must say....
I think our plans are to go to MNSSHP on Tuesday.....I haven't purchased tickets yet but in my mind that is the plan Did I mention that a friend of mine is coming along with me? She lives in Washington DC and travels all the time...
Really looking forward to this trip....although I don't want to wish the rest of the summer away...

Tracy
Old 08-16-2010, 06:04 AM   #204
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I really want to go to Universal, but I think Jacquie and Ian and I are going to try and do a day there when we go next November. I think I'd have more fun exploring it for the first time with someone else anyway

Sounds like fun. Well, when we finally decide on United or United, and we can work out what we are doing or not doing, we can debate to Hog-what or not Hog-who-with somemore. If we decide to go, you could always join us

I'll hold your bag... I can't go on the teacups (or Mission: Space, for that matter). The teacups make me sick, and Mission: Space makes me claustrophobic AND sick. So yeah, I'll hold your bag

Thanks for the offer...but the teacups is always more fun with company. I could skip it this trip.

Feel free! I'm not planning on hitting too much over there, and I'm sure you could join me for lunch at Sci-Fi if you wanted to I doubt they'd literally have a table for one But yeah, it's up to you I'm just going to spend the morning there and then go to MK after lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Love reading about all of your plans and NOT PLANS
to my not PTR. Hope you stop by again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Plans are not shaping up nicely
Do you rent a car when you arrive? Was wondering how you were planning on cheating on Mickey with Harry I am going to be doing that at some point in the future but will wait until another trip with some nieces/nephews. Looks really awesome over there I must say....
I think our plans are to go to MNSSHP on Tuesday.....I haven't purchased tickets yet but in my mind that is the plan Did I mention that a friend of mine is coming along with me? She lives in Washington DC and travels all the time...
Really looking forward to this trip....although I don't want to wish the rest of the summer away...

Tracy
Hi Tracy! Hope you've been well. We aren't planning on renting a car and haven't worked out what we will exactly be doing on the Sunday. Its the only potential day that we could Mickey cheat with Harry. But DH has just been given further updates on the conference schedule and its looking like Sunday might have to be a day where he spends time closer to the conference base. We'll just have to see.

You did mention that a friend of yours was coming along....for your *ahem* special birthday. It would be great if we could catch up on the Tuesday...and I still need to get my tickets...after the airflight....and the accommodation....and the park tickets....

Still waiting on DH! And we're down to sixty something days

Old 08-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #205
DisneyFirefly

Maybe Ruthie will go on the teacups with you? I've never been able to do spinny things. Even the Tilt-A-Whirl makes me sick to my stomach

Me DF
Old 08-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #206
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Maybe Ruthie will go on the teacups with you? I've never been able to do spinny things. Even the Tilt-A-Whirl makes me sick to my stomach
Happy to see what happens on the day. Honestly, I really enjoy the teacups with my DS. As he will NOT be coming along, I might be just as happy to skip this ride.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #207
PrincessInOz
in

NOT another change of Plans post

Step 3 in my not PTR involves 'keeping up' with the other Dis-ers going in October. I've been diligently following a number of travellers that are all travelling around the same time of me and lurking around to see what else I might need to consider for my not PTR.

We're all down around the 60 - 70 day countdown mark!

Well, this week I noticed that all of a sudden there is flurry of activity in PTRs and an almost en-mass change of plans that seemed to have been locked in stone...(well maybe locked for 1 day)!

I figure that we're all getting close to that 45 day mark where for anyone booking a package we have to pay the balance of the funds and the tick, tick, ticking is doing something to the little grey cells. The upshot of all this mass electric connectivity energy is this seemingly global pursuit of "tweaking".

Or perhaps, as pointed out in Step 6 of this PTR, our salivatory glands have had enough of pre-tasting a particular meal and have sent "change of program" signals up to the grey mass, resulting in the "tweaking" of ADRs.

Me? I have no plans to change nor do I control the ADRs, kindly booked by Firefly....so this now becomes my NOT another change of Plans post.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #208
DisneyFirefly

Yeah, those two reservations are the only ones I never touched again You guys would throttle me

Me DF
Old 08-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #209
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Yeah, those two reservations are the only ones I never touched again You guys would throttle me

Old 08-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #210
PrincessInOz
in

Replies vs Views Straw Poll

Even before I made the leap to registering as a bona fide Dis-er member, I've always been intrigued by the statistics that the DisBoard makes available on the forums. The stats I'm specifically talking are available for every thread and involve the number of Replies and the number of Views that the thread has attracted.

I've been taking more notice of the counts lately....and would like some of you lurkers out there to post a response to this question.
What is it about a thread that makes you want to visit it frequently, thereby increasing the Views count?

And for those of you that fall in the Replies side, what is it about a thread that makes you post a response in the first instance? Why is it that some threads have a higher view:reply ratio than others and why is it that some threads just seem to go ballistic in the popularity stakes?
  • Do you take note of a catchy or not catchy thread name?
  • Do you take note of the Dis-name, if it is someone you know or not?
  • Do you open the thread and check the content before deciding to stick with it?
  • Does pictures or photos help?

Please come out of the woodwork to help with this straw poll!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: