Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #91
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan71 View Post
Joining in also! I am another that has follwed over from Memoms TR. A fellow Georgia girl also! How exciting to stay at the Poly! Can't wait to hear all your plans. It will help while I wait for my next trip at the end of Feb! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Aw yay!!

Yay for Georgia girls!! lol!!!!
Aww, we will be kind of close in our trips! We are doing the 2nd week in February.

Thank you so much!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #92
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Okay, I finally have some trip news for the trip with my mom. While we were at the baby shower right before it started, she and I started talking about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! We love, love, love the movies and books. We are just so excited to see that part of Universal Islands. Well, my sister happened to walk up and asked what were we talking about. We told her and she rolled her eyes! Well, my mom looks at her and says, "I'm going, Heather's going, Hollie's going, if you want to go you can go....if not you can keep your butt at home!!" lol! Now, my sister always has to have the last word in and most of the reason for 99% or our arguments is when she says something smart or making fun of me or whatnot, I can't sit there and not say nothing. So, I have to keep telling myself to just ignore it and move on. I have gotten pretty good about it. She stands there and looks at my mom and says, well to make a long story short, "I am ticked off about it and if it were Heather who couldn't take off we would end up waiting to go. She would be just as mad as I am." I ever so graciously looked at her and said in my sweetest voice ever..."No I wouldn't sissy. I would be glad you and Shelby are going." Then I gave her the most beautiful smile ever....OKAY....well, it was sort of a nana nana ****oo smile but still! She walked up to us and my mom was telling her to dry it up and not be mad that they would go in the Spring. She points in my face and looks at my mom and said it again, I would be mad and the trip would be changed. Then she walks off! Oh the drama!!!! At my baby shower of course! So, she goes to the kitchen and proceeds to tell my 2 BFF's what is going on. I looked at my mom and said, "Why does she have to do this at my baby shower? Seriously!" Of course, my mom knew if it were reversed I would NOT be mad at all. So she gets up and takes my sister to the bathroom and told her to dry it up! She did and all was well.

But, then my mom said we would just wait and go next December. Thanks a lot sis!!!! So, we have now cancelled that trip unless she does get off later this year. At least the good thing about next year is we will have 2 rooms! Then also maybe the crowds will have died dow at Universal Islands for WWoHP! Whoa those lines are crazy long!!!!
Now, I am gonna post what baby shower pics I have!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #93
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Ugh. Drama at the baby shower!!!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #94
hlrababy

Now, I am gonna warn you! I don't have many pictures. These are the pictures my mom took, but once the shower really started and she was talking to everyone the camera got laid down. My friends took a few so once I get those I will post them.

Me and my 2 BFF's! They are the ones who threw me the shower. We have been friends since we were 6 years old so its been 27 years...wow yikes! lol

Here is me, my mom, and my sis

This is an old carousel horse my mom and dad had made about 20 years ago and we thought it would be cute behind the gift table!

Here is the pic I got of me and Dawn! She looks so cute!!

Now, these aren't from the shower of course, but here are pics of Gracie and Rusty playing. They are so funny!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #95
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Ugh. Drama at the baby shower!!!
I am telling you!! If its any kind of drama, I want it to be like I go into labor in front of everyone like on the movies!!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #96
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

Ugh boo for the drama! But it happens in all families!!!

Your pictures are soo cute! You look soo pretty. That carousel is beautiful!! DOnt ever give that away cause its gorgous!
DisneyFairy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #97
Tiffanova
Mouseketeer

Great pics! Love the Dachsies!!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #98
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

DRAMA!

What does dry it up mean? Is that a Southern term? I mean I think I get the drift, but if you could explain it....

Are your BFFs twins?
jordanyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #99
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
Ugh boo for the drama! But it happens in all families!!!

Your pictures are soo cute! You look soo pretty. That carousel is beautiful!! DOnt ever give that away cause its gorgous!
LOL!!

Awww, thank you so much!!
I know, she gave it to me I just have to find somewhere to put it where little ones won't climb up on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanova View Post
Great pics! Love the Dachsies!!
Awww, thanks!!!!! We love our little furbabies! :0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
DRAMA!

What does dry it up mean? Is that a Southern term? I mean I think I get the drift, but if you could explain it....

Are your BFFs twins?
LOL!! Yes, she started crying and that was when my mom told her to dry it up! lol!! When my mom says it, it means quit your crying before I give you something to cry about!!

They sure are! At one time people used to think we looked like triplets but I never could see it!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #100
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post

LOL!! Yes, she started crying and that was when my mom told her to dry it up! lol!! When my mom says it, it means quit your crying before I give you something to cry about!!

They sure are! At one time people used to think we looked like triplets but I never could see it!
I like the phrase dry it up...gonna have to use that one for sure....

I think you do look like sisters.
jordanyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #101
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
DRAMA!

What does dry it up mean? Is that a Southern term?
I never stopped to think that it may be a Southern term---Of course, I've lived in the South all my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
LOL!!

When my mom says it, it means quit your crying before I give you something to cry about!!
Exactly! And, of course, my daddy would always add that line right after Dry it up or I'll give you something to cry about! (This was usually said as we pulled into the parking lot of the church on Sunday morning. Then we'd get out all and go in like we were one big happy family! )

I believe I may have been guilty of saying the same thing to my own children.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #102
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Wow...DRAMA at the baby shower! Ugh! Sorry your trip is now on hold...

"Dry it up!" I've never heard that before, but I like it!

You and Dawn both look so cute in that pic!
Spartangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #103
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post

Exactly! And, of course, my daddy would always add that line right after Dry it up or I'll give you something to cry about! (This was usually said as we pulled into the parking lot of the church on Sunday morning. Then we'd get out all and go in like we were one big happy family! )

I believe I may have been guilty of saying the same thing to my own children.
And there was also, "If you fall and break your legs, don't come running to me!" - spoken to a child who was possibly jumping out of a tree onto a trampoline or something crazy.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #104
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

My favorite response when I was in trouble was: "But mama I really, really want to go out with my friends", to which she would reply, "And people in Hell want ice water!" Such a loving person she could be at times!

You look lovely in all your shower pictures! What a glow you have!!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #105
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the Drama. Just love family sometimes.

Great update! Can't wait to see Hannah!

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
GeminiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: