Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #121
cruiseletters
Mouseketeer

Your trip has been so amazing, thank you for taking the time to write a trip report. We will be going on the 10 day med cruise Sept. 8, 2010 and your photos have made us so excited about our upcoming trip.
cruiseletters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #122
jagmom
Mouseketeer

Oh, no! The trip can't be over already! It sounds like it was such an amazing trip and your pictures were breathtaking.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #123
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcatfish View Post
Thanks so much for writing this and for all the fabulous photos. I have loved it so much.

Mel
x
Thanks, Mel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseletters View Post
Your trip has been so amazing, thank you for taking the time to write a trip report. We will be going on the 10 day med cruise Sept. 8, 2010 and your photos have made us so excited about our upcoming trip.
Yay, you are going to love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom View Post
Oh, no! The trip can't be over already! It sounds like it was such an amazing trip and your pictures were breathtaking.
Thank you very much jagmom.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #124
CruisinEars
Engaged at WDW 8/23/95!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your report and seeing all of the pictures. Thanks for sharing your fabulous trip.

Number of Trips:
WDW=7
DL=7
DCL=1
CruisinEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:21 AM   #125
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Have really enjoyed your report and some gorgeous photos.

Your hotel in Barcelona looks so "rich" - might have to price that one up.

Thanks again

Last edited by eeyorefanuk; 06-21-2010 at 02:38 AM.
eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #126
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Have loved every minute of your adventures ..... and your photos are in a league of their own. What fantastic memories you have
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #127
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

I know my med cruise will be here before I know it (9/8) and I have been trying to plan clothing accordingly. Do you have advice on what to take? I was thinking two capri's, one brown cargo pants, one pair black leggings, several tops to match, two short dresses and one long dress and four pairs of shoes. Too much? not enough?
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #128
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinEars View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed reading your report and seeing all of the pictures. Thanks for sharing your fabulous trip.
Thanks for reading, Cruisinears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefanuk View Post
Have really enjoyed your report and some gorgeous photos.

Your hotel in Barcelona looks so "rich" - might have to price that one up.

Thanks again
It was very plush! We found a great special on Travelzoo. It was 97 Euros a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Have loved every minute of your adventures ..... and your photos are in a league of their own. What fantastic memories you have
Thank you, TotallyAngelic! Very nice of you to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
I know my med cruise will be here before I know it (9/8) and I have been trying to plan clothing accordingly. Do you have advice on what to take? I was thinking two capri's, one brown cargo pants, one pair black leggings, several tops to match, two short dresses and one long dress and four pairs of shoes. Too much? not enough?
September will be hot! Remember that when you are packing. You can't wear shorts in some places (i.e. the Vatican), but they would be nice to have when you can. That sounds about right as far as how much though. I did laundry once, on a port day when we were back early.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #129
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post
September will be hot! Remember that when you are packing. You can't wear shorts in some places (i.e. the Vatican), but they would be nice to have when you can. That sounds about right as far as how much though. I did laundry once, on a port day when we were back early.
I was wondering how hot it was going to be - I'll be sure to pack a couple pair of shorts - they don't take up too much room.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #130
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
I was wondering how hot it was going to be - I'll be sure to pack a couple pair of shorts - they don't take up too much room.
Good idea!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #131
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful trip report. I've taken many notes. The DCL Med cruise is definitely on our to do list! Thanks mainly to the wonderful trip reports from this year's cruisers. Are you going to do the Alaska cruise?

Thanks for taking me along as you reported about your trip.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #132
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Wow! What a fantastic trip report!!! We are booked for the Magic's Mediterranean cruise next August and I CANNOT WAIT!! Would you mind posting the name of the shuttle bus "Not to take"? I just want to make sure we DO NOT book that one!!!! Also, which hotel did you stay in prior to the cruise? Which of the 2 hotels did you prefer? Just wondering, as we've never been to Barcelona, and I want to make sure we stay someplace clean/nice. I don't minde spending more money for a place that I know is clean, safe and nice.

Thanks in advance! LOVED your trip report!!!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #133
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
What a wonderful trip report. I've taken many notes. The DCL Med cruise is definitely on our to do list! Thanks mainly to the wonderful trip reports from this year's cruisers. Are you going to do the Alaska cruise?

Thanks for taking me along as you reported about your trip.
We are! We have 5 cabins of friends and family booked on the May 31st sailing and this time we are taking dh and ds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
Wow! What a fantastic trip report!!! We are booked for the Magic's Mediterranean cruise next August and I CANNOT WAIT!! Would you mind posting the name of the shuttle bus "Not to take"? I just want to make sure we DO NOT book that one!!!! Also, which hotel did you stay in prior to the cruise? Which of the 2 hotels did you prefer? Just wondering, as we've never been to Barcelona, and I want to make sure we stay someplace clean/nice. I don't minde spending more money for a place that I know is clean, safe and nice.

Thanks in advance! LOVED your trip report!!!
I will! It was A2B transfers. We have read many good reviews, but our experience was a nightmare. I sent them an email and they apologized for it being a nightmare (their words) and promised to look into it. I never heard another word.

We stayed at Hotel Novotel Barcelona City the first night. I liked them both for different reasons. Avenida Palace was such a great location. Literally one block from Los Ramblas. Novotel was brand spanking new and very modern, plus the rooms slept 4.

I probably would give the edge to Avenida because of its location, but if you have a family of 4, you'll have to split up.

Edit: Since this report has been bumped a few times, I wanted to say that A2b transfers refunded all of our money (even for the transfer to the ship that was late but otherwise fine) about a year after. Long story how it came about, but they definitely made it right. They also told me they have changed managers and suppliers.

Last edited by Disneyfalcon; 01-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Disneyfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #134
Juls2989
Mouseketeer

Subbing
Juls2989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #135
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post
We are! We have 5 cabins of friends and family booked on the May 31st sailing and this time we are taking dh and ds!
Great. I'll get to read your trip report before we go on August 23rd.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: