Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #166
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Your reports make me think I am there. Thanks!
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #167
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

I am totally enjoying your TR. I am grateful to hear about photobucket mobile. I just uploaded it to my droid. I guess I'll have to do a live trip report in July...and August
Old 06-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #168
Disney Khi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!
That is going to be stuck in my head all night!

Disney Khi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #169
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see the new fireworks!!
belle8306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #170
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Flying over Agrabah!
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #171
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

what a great report so far, loving all the pics! Looks like you two are having a great time

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #172
ADP

June 10th Recap -

Our day started at the Animal Kingdom. It wasn't too crowded this morning even after we left our character breakfast as the Tusker House. The Tusker House character breakfast is a high energy breakfast. There's a parade around the restaurant where children can participate with shakers and drums. If you look up the definition of 'loud' in the dictionary there's probably a picture of the Tusker House restaurnt in the description. Wow! However, I do love the food and buffet setup.

We saw 'It's Tough to be a Bug.' We both love the show, but everytime we go into the theater we see children under 5 or 6 sitting there crying or burrying their heads in their parents arms. I guess they did too good of a job creating this show. It's so realistic that it's frightening. Hopper maybe one of the best animatronic characters in all 4 parks.

We took a nice afternoon break in our room. We needed the rest. The heat and past couple of days were starting to wear on us a bit so the 3 hour rest was nice.

Our trip to Downtown Disney went well. We made stops at Goofy's, Earl of Sandwich, Team Mickey, and TrenD, and World of Disney. I picked up some boxes of Mickey-shaped rice krispy treats. Just a note...Disney does not ship food from Disney World to your home, or even to your resort. If you buy food don't expect to have it shipped. It's against Disney policy.

We took a bus from Downtown Disney to the Polynesian where we caught the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We dined at Cosmic Ray's. Nothing special; however, I was very surprised how slow the restaurant was at 7:00PM. In fact, the Magic Kingdom was not very crowded tonight. The Summer Nightastic fireworks are wonderful. For those of you who are coming this summer it's a real treat. They are great! We arrived back at AKV around 11:15.

One note about our dining plan experiences. We've used 2 TS, 2 QS, and 6 snack credits. We still have 2 TS, 2QS and 2 snack credits to use with 2 days to go. We check out on Saturday. We will be dining at Cape May and Mama Melrose. As for the QS credits that will be a day to day decision. Hopefully, we can get through all of them.

Tomorrow we are sleeping in. Once we get up and get moving we'll be heading to the pool. Later in the afternoon we have an ADR at the Cape May clam bake. Since we'll be near the boardwalk we'll probably either go to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios.

More to come!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #173
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
Wow, that is some bush! Where is my hedge trimmer?

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #174
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

HEY, You REALLY are sleeping in!! 9am and NO post yet?? I REALLY am enjoying your LIVE report!! Thank You, Joan

Last edited by Joan S.; 06-11-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Joan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #175
mejkjj97
DIS Veteran

Glad you are having a great trip. I am loving reading your report! thanks for the pics and all the updates!
, Oct' 11 AKV/BW, May '11 AKV,'10 BLT, '09- SSR, '08- Dolphin, '07- Off site Sheraton Vista Villages, '06- Beach Club, '03- Disneyland Paradise Pier, '01- Hard Rock Hotel, '00- Port Orleans Riverside, 1996- Carribean Beach, 1989- off site, 1986- off site

ME (40) DH (41) : DD (8) DD (4)
mejkjj97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #176
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan S. View Post
HEY, You REALLY are sleeping in!! 9am and NO post yet?? I REALLY am enjoying your LIVE report!! Thank You, Joan
Yea...Just woke-up about 30 minutes ago. We did sleep pretty hard this morning.

We are headed out to the pool in about 30 minutes. Another great morning weather-wise. We'll probably spend about a couple hours at the pool, then grab a small bite to eat. We just want to enjoy the resort today.

Tonight we are headed to the Beach Club for dinner. We have an ADR at the Cape May clam bake. Afterwards we'll probably head to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios for some night time fun.

More to come
Old 06-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #177
ADP

A great day at the Jambo House pool. The bottom of the pool is now blue instead of the old green. I like the blue look much better.

Change of plans. At the Kidani Village pool. We wanted to shoot water guns at each other.

Time for a refreshment.

The new Pembe savana off the Kidani Village pool. This is a Blue Crane.

Last edited by ADP; 06-11-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #178
ADP

Hey Everyone,

We will be off to the Beach Club in a few minutes for dinner at Cape May clam bake. Afterwards we will probably walk over to EPCOT and stroll around the World Showcase.

More photos to come.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #179
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

kidani village looks really lovely!!...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #180
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
Hey Everyone,

We will be off to the Beach Club in a few minutes for dinner at Cape May clam bake. Afterwards we will probably walk over to EPCOT and stroll around the World Showcase.

More photos to come.
I've done the Cape May breakfast a couple times, but never the Clam Bake, would love a review! Especially if you can do the Clam Bake if you don't eat seafood? Glad you are having such a great time! Keep those pics coming!
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: