Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #121
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Now that's my kind of snack I'm glad you told us which drinks were the most tasty. I was curious when I saw them all lined up.

Great installment!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #122
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Hooray for finding a ride without a line. I've never seen too big of a line for Gran Fiesta, but it's a fun little ride. I always enjoy it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #123
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

We meant to try some margaritas from there on our May trip, but didn't get the chance. It seems like a cool place, though! Next time, you'll have to try the blood orange one

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #124
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Yes! The fireworks on the ride are great! I forgot about them until you mentioned it. Weird and I love watching fireworks together; I forgot why that started. Even the fake ones in that room was a fun experience.

Mmm, GUACAMOLE. I can eat mounds of guacamole. The only bad thing is that avocados can get to be so expensive! One of my favorite breakfasts is made by smushing and smearing avocado with a little bit of sea salt on a toasted sesame bagel. My mom read about it in a magazine and told me about it since I can't eat cream cheese due to the intolerance to lactose. I was so upset by that because we used to have bagels and cream cheese on most Saturdays. The avocado is definitely better though! Although I have to say that I'd love to have a sesame bagel with cream cheese, lox, tomato, red onions, and capers ...
I love fireworks too. Unfortunately, DH doesn't exactly share my love of them. It's not like he hates them, but he's not like me where he could watch them for hours and hours.

Hmmm.... I have sesame bagels and avocados I might just need to try that tomorrow. Sounds yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
I'm stealing your Avacado idea Rachel! That sounds so yummy!
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl View Post
I love your TRs!! They are hilarious. I started with your wedding which was so beautiful!! Then went to the honeymoon and now this one. They are so hilarious. I love the pictures.

I see you are from Milwaukee. I am from Sheboygan. It is cool to see someone on here so close. Keep the pictures coming!!!
Hi! Thanks for reading, I really enjoy writing them, so I'm glad someone enjoys reading them.

My parents live in Kolher! Small world! It's always fun to "meet" people on the Dis from around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Now that's my kind of snack I'm glad you told us which drinks were the most tasty. I was curious when I saw them all lined up.

Great installment!
Yeah, anything with alcohol is my kind of snack

I'm not sure that I'd get the flight again, but it was fun to try them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Hooray for finding a ride without a line. I've never seen too big of a line for Gran Fiesta, but it's a fun little ride. I always enjoy it.
Yeah, I've never really seen a line either - except for when the Brazilian tour group descended on it right after we did in January - but that was definitely a weird occurrence. But it was a nice change of pace from future world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
We meant to try some margaritas from there on our May trip, but didn't get the chance. It seems like a cool place, though! Next time, you'll have to try the blood orange one
You definitely should try it. Way yummy. I tried the blood orange margarita in January... and I recommend it whole heartedly!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #125
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - part 5 - Lost in the Cloudberrys

Sufficiently snacked in Mexico, we decided to head out and move along to Norway!

First up?

Maelstrom

The wait was posted as 10 minutes, but I’m pretty sure it was a little longer.

I don’t mind being in this line, because I’m determined to find a hidden Mickey in this mural. We thought we saw some, but when I got home I referenced my hidden Mickey book and none of the ones we thought we saw were listed… but someday I will find one!

Next up?

I mean we hadn’t eaten in like 30 minutes!

Hungrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry?

One of Panic’s co-workers recommended we try a cloudberry horn. I was a bit leery, because I haven’t met a Norwegian pastry I liked (well, at least in Epcot, because in real Norway, I had some quite tasty ones). Schoolbread was just weird to me, and the sweet pretzel things were gross in my opinion.

I will eat you now!

It actually was quite delicious.

We also got a bottle of water to keep hydrated. In case you were wondering what this exotic treat looked like I was super thoughtful and took a picture for you

On the way out, I picked a fight with some dude, and it went terribly wrong

Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #126
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

The cloudberry horn looks good. I've never tried the bakery in Norway though since I always go to the one in France. Everything is just so good there I just can't get away from it (well, except for the occasional baklava in Morocco).
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #127
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Heh, heh! Yeah, I'd say you lost the battle in the last picture!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #128
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I've been a little bit leery of the Norway bakery. I'm a picky eater, and the things I've seen on here don't really appeal to me. So instead, I like to head to the French bakery! But I might have to try one of yours next time..looks good!

I love Maelstrom...sure it isn't the most exciting ride, but it definitely beats being in the heat

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 07-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #129
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

at that last picture. Sorry you lost the battle. LOL.

I saw that picture of the Maelstrom mural and starting looking for Hidden Mickeys. I suppose it would be kind of hard to see in just a picture but I know I read something about a hidden Mickey in there in the Hidden Magic book.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #130
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I haven't been on Malestrom in ages just because the line has been so unbelievably long! I wanted to ride it with Weird, but I guess that'll have to wait. Oh, and now that I've read Kingdom Keepers 3, I'm probably going to be scared of it!

Haha, the bottle of water does actually look exotic considering its location! That's not just any bottle of water. I think it's happier than my bottle of water here at home. Bottle envy.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #131
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
The cloudberry horn looks good. I've never tried the bakery in Norway though since I always go to the one in France. Everything is just so good there I just can't get away from it (well, except for the occasional baklava in Morocco).
I was impressed with the horn. We always start in Mexico and go clockwise.... I've usually eaten waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much by the time I get to France... but it's on my list. Must start in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Heh, heh! Yeah, I'd say you lost the battle in the last picture!
I never really noticed that statue before. What exactly do they expect you to do with it - i mean besides be impaled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I've been a little bit leery of the Norway bakery. I'm a picky eater, and the things I've seen on here don't really appeal to me. So instead, I like to head to the French bakery! But I might have to try one of yours next time..looks good!

I love Maelstrom...sure it isn't the most exciting ride, but it definitely beats being in the heat
I'm not picky at all - I'm quite an adventurous eater - but I'm just not a fan of the bakery in Norway. But the cloudberry horn was tasty. I really need to start the other way and get to the tasty French bakery.

I really like Maelstrom too... not sure what it is... must be the trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
at that last picture. Sorry you lost the battle. LOL.

I saw that picture of the Maelstrom mural and starting looking for Hidden Mickeys. I suppose it would be kind of hard to see in just a picture but I know I read something about a hidden Mickey in there in the Hidden Magic book.
Yeah it was brutal... Thank goodness we were in disney and the wounds healed magically.

Haha... DH asked me if I found a hidden mickey in the mural and took a picture of it... It was kind of random to take that picture. The hidden mickey book I have has several instances of hidden mickeys in the mural... I just never remember to bring the book with me

Quote:
I haven't been on Malestrom in ages just because the line has been so unbelievably long! I wanted to ride it with Weird, but I guess that'll have to wait. Oh, and now that I've read Kingdom Keepers 3, I'm probably going to be scared of it!

Haha, the bottle of water does actually look exotic considering its location! That's not just any bottle of water. I think it's happier than my bottle of water here at home. Bottle envy.
Yeah, the line is really weird, it's either like an hour or 5 minutes. You and Weird will have lots of chances over the years to ride Malestrom. Can't do it all at once - no reason to go back then

Haha.... bottle envy. I just imagine your bottle at home staring at the picture, and "condensating" to form a tear
Old 07-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #132
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
haha Rachel, I just got to that part in KK3 last night!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #133
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - part 6 - Pretty as China

After recovering from my mortal wound, we headed to China.

This pavilion is so pretty!

My apartment is the top one

And the details are just so beautiful. When DH and I first decided on a Disney wedding we looked long and hard at the China pavilion. It’s just gorgeous, but you have to have your ceremony before 8am, and well we’re just not morning people. But looking at it makes me wish I would have insisted we get pictures there…. Even though I love our France an Italy pictures…okay enough random tangent… back to pictures of China…

Panic was also really taken by its beauty and took a ton of pictures

I was getting bored, so I took a picture of her taking the pictures…

Notice the ominious looking clouds rolling in

Oh adorable umbrella – will we need you?

We popped in the shops and looked around for a while.

The shops in China. So many little things to ogle.

Especially the stone flowers. I want one of these so bad – just not very practical!

I always see the pictures of the “terracotta warriors” but I didn’t know where they were. So we found them.

There was a musician playing in the main pavilion, so we listened for a bit. And stared at the ceiling for a while.

We slowly bid the beautifulness farewell…

Old 07-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #134
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Haha, for REAL with the bottle envy! Now it got to go to China!

Hey! I think you live across the street from me! My apartment has the stairs next to a store or something.

Oh wow, I didn't see those stone flowers. That would've brought back such memories because we used to have a really small one although not as bright and colorful

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 07-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #135
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

The Chinese pavilion is so pretty. Unfortunately, we always seem to walk right past it. I'm determined on my next trip to really enjoy all of the pavilions!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: