Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #106
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

Hey, I was reading your TR earlier this afternoon but didn't comment. Then this evening we had an experience of "weird luck" involving both of our cars, a pizza dinner, picking up one of our sons from a party and a refund on the pizza. Long story but after it all happened I thought, "This is weird luck!" Anyway, I'm enjoying your report and wanted to give you a shout out.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #107
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I've wondered about seeing Turtle Talk. It seems pretty cool, but I was afraid my BF and I would look kind of out of place!

I agree with you about the line theme and then the ride. I think I enjoyed the queue more than the ride! haha

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #108
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Gotta love the feeling of just being able to walk to a park in the morning like that.

Turtle Talk is really cute. I've done it a couple of times and Crush really knew how to work the crowd. It's fun to watch Crush with the kids, but I love it when he talks with the parents. The interactions are priceless. Last time I was there, he was picking on a couple of adults and saying "Yeah, you didn't think I could see you back there, did ya?" Again, it was the last show of the night so I don't know if it's always like that, but I thought it was a hoot.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #109
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haha, when I know someone is posting Nemo pics, I squint as I scrowl down just in case there's a shark in the pictures.

When we waited for Crush, Weird and I sat on the floor farthest away from the door just to rest our feet and to let my blood circulate properly again. It was kind of relaxing. In the past, my mom probably would've yelled at me not to sit on the floor, and that would've been stressful! But I told myself it was a good place to rest this time and the wait wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. On my feet, it would've been torturous!

Yes, Monsters Inc is better! Crush has a freaky blue whale! Haha. And there's the interaction with the adults in Monsters that CAN be hilarious depending on the audience.
Haha... I'll try to remeber to put a warning if I have any scary sea creatures in my post. For this trip - the only sea creature I encountered was Panic... so you should be safe

Monster's Inc. is on my "must show DH" list for September. Crush isn't. I think it would be much better if/when we have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocath View Post
Hey, I was reading your TR earlier this afternoon but didn't comment. Then this evening we had an experience of "weird luck" involving both of our cars, a pizza dinner, picking up one of our sons from a party and a refund on the pizza. Long story but after it all happened I thought, "This is weird luck!" Anyway, I'm enjoying your report and wanted to give you a shout out.
Welcome. That sounds like quite a story! Things like that just leave you scratching your head don't they? I feel like weird luck is my M.O. in life. We just had another instance of weird luck that involved our sun-poarch being invaded by hundreds of ants at 10pm!

Thanks for the shout-out and for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I've wondered about seeing Turtle Talk. It seems pretty cool, but I was afraid my BF and I would look kind of out of place!

I agree with you about the line theme and then the ride. I think I enjoyed the queue more than the ride! haha
I was worried about feeling out of place too, but since they separate the adults and children, no one knows you don't have a kid up in the front - so it's not weird at all It's very cute. Definitely worth a look if you haven't done it yet!

I do too. The line is so serene and beach-y and calm. The ride is not at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Gotta love the feeling of just being able to walk to a park in the morning like that.

Turtle Talk is really cute. I've done it a couple of times and Crush really knew how to work the crowd. It's fun to watch Crush with the kids, but I love it when he talks with the parents. The interactions are priceless. Last time I was there, he was picking on a couple of adults and saying "Yeah, you didn't think I could see you back there, did ya?" Again, it was the last show of the night so I don't know if it's always like that, but I thought it was a hoot.
Yeah, it was so nice. I was totally looking into switching our December reservations to the Boardwalk or Beach club because it's so nice to just walk... but I was much much to late.

The animation and interaction with Crush was awesome. Both Panic and I commented on how seamless and great it was. Our show was totally kid-oriented. I'm thinking that next time I go on it - I'll try to go during EMH, like we did for Monsters to see if that makes a difference...
Old 07-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #110
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 1 - Becoming a member of club cool

After Crush, we decided to head to Innoventions

We wandered around for a bit, and looked for the Sum of all Thrills

I've never done it, but Panic and her DBF (who works for Raytheon) did it in January, and she keeps talking about how cool it was, so I was excited to try it.

But the line was over an hour, so we passed. Funny but since we're going so much this year, we really had no tolerance for waiting in line for stuff - we keep saying "we'll do it next time".

Next, we headed to TT, but it was down (or they weren't letting people into line, but the ride seemed to be running) and Mission Space's line was 40 minutes. But we weren’t in the mood to wait.

So we decided to check out Spaceship Earth. That wait was like 20 minutes, and though it’s better with the updates, I just can’t justify waiting for that one… so we decided to head into Club Cool instead.

Panic had never been to Club Cool, so I of course was faced with a moral dilemma. Do and warn my only sister about the supreme grossness that is Beverly, or say nothing and laugh ruthlessly when she partakes?

After much deliberation, I decided that since I had to be with her for several more hours, plus on the plane to Atlanta, and you know seeing that she’s in alliance with Hades and all, I warned her about Beverly.

Did I loose out on my photo op for good? She went for the Japanese one instead.

Cheers!

Did you like it?

Mission accomplished. It’s not nearly as gross as Beverly – but not good by any means. We finished our trip to club cool off with Kinley and the Ginger Ale from Germany. Much better!

After Club Cool, it was about 11:30, so decided to head to the WS to find some food.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #111
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

hahaha I love it when the little kids raise their hand to ask a question and then they make some random comment. It's like they're so anxious and then have no clue what to say.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #112
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

I loves Club Cool! It's just too cool! Haha!

I think Beverly is really intended to be a pallet cleanser....but I digress it's there to taste. I think it'd work just fine if you were eating dinner and wanted a food taste gone.

Your lucky your sister went with you. I'd never get my brother to do that!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #113
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Even though I <3 Panic, I was slightly hoping you'd trick her with the Beverly just because I imagine you'd take a picture of your face after you "laugh ruthlessly."

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 07-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #114
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I would have to agree and decide not to trick your sister - plane rides can be SO long sometimes

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #115
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I was hoping you would trick her... just because I love seeing those pics! But you were probably smart in not doing it I tricked my BF into trying it one time, and then I felt so bad, that I took a sip too. That stuff really is disgusting!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 07-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #116
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
hahaha I love it when the little kids raise their hand to ask a question and then they make some random comment. It's like they're so anxious and then have no clue what to say.
I agree. It just made my heart melt. There were a lot of little little ones on our showing. And they were just raising their hands because thats what people were doing.... and then they had no clue what to say. Crush handled it really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
I loves Club Cool! It's just too cool! Haha!

I think Beverly is really intended to be a pallet cleanser....but I digress it's there to taste. I think it'd work just fine if you were eating dinner and wanted a food taste gone.

Your lucky your sister went with you. I'd never get my brother to do that!
Club Cool is one of those fun spots that I try to go to every time. It's a good break!

It makes sense if it's a pallette cleanser. I thought it might also be used in cocktails - kind of like tonic water - and that also made sense. But to drink it straight up out of a dixie cup is just bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Even though I <3 Panic, I was slightly hoping you'd trick her with the Beverly just because I imagine you'd take a picture of your face after you "laugh ruthlessly."
That's a great idea... I'll have to plot who my next victim...I mean guest... will be, and point a camera at them, while someone else points the camera at me... That won't be obvious at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I would have to agree and decide not to trick your sister - plane rides can be SO long sometimes
She may be younger than me, but she can totally kick my butt. and she lets me know it! That would have been the longest plane ride ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I was hoping you would trick her... just because I love seeing those pics! But you were probably smart in not doing it I tricked my BF into trying it one time, and then I felt so bad, that I took a sip too. That stuff really is disgusting!
What's so funny, is after we left, she started talking about how she wished she had tried it , and that we'll need to go there back in December so she can try it. It amazed her that something could be worse than the Japanese one she tried!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #117
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3- part 4 - Margaritas in Mexico!

We headed to the WS in search of smaller crowds and yummy foods. After a short debate as to which way we should start, we headed to Mexico.

Upon arrival we immediately discovered our first goal – the crowds were much smaller here. Our second goal wasn’t far out of reach either, we were drawn to the delicious smells of la Cava del Tequila.

However, we decided that we weren’t quite hungry yet, so we checked out the ride. Very glad we did, because it was walk-on and we had a whole boat to ourselves! those are our kind of lines!

Dude, seriously there's not a line let's gooooooooooo!

I love the last room with the fireworks. I could just sit there all day! But the Character voices are really annoying and not spaced out enough.

After our trip through beautiful Mexico, we decided that the guacamole at the Cava del Tequila smelled too good to resist, so we stopped in for a Margarita and some guac.

Although my initial goal was a blood orange margarita, we decided to split the flight of margaritas to be adventurous and have a little variety. The flight included “double shot” size portions of Passion Fruit, Prickly Pear, Avocado, Cucumber, and Jalapeno margaritas.

(P.S. Isn’t the chair creepy?)

The avocado and jalapeno were good - the others not so much. The cucumber one tasted like pickle juice to me, Just weird!

The guacamole was good, but it’s served with these weird puff chip thingies that were strange.

We were able to ask for and get extra regular chips. It was good, but I wasn’t as impressed with it as I was on our previous visit. But, I’ll most likely be back!

So we wandered around the pavilion for a while, and then headed out to Norway.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #118
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Yes! The fireworks on the ride are great! I forgot about them until you mentioned it. Weird and I love watching fireworks together; I forgot why that started. Even the fake ones in that room was a fun experience.

Mmm, GUACAMOLE. I can eat mounds of guacamole. The only bad thing is that avocados can get to be so expensive! One of my favorite breakfasts is made by smushing and smearing avocado with a little bit of sea salt on a toasted sesame bagel. My mom read about it in a magazine and told me about it since I can't eat cream cheese due to the intolerance to lactose. I was so upset by that because we used to have bagels and cream cheese on most Saturdays. The avocado is definitely better though! Although I have to say that I'd love to have a sesame bagel with cream cheese, lox, tomato, red onions, and capers ...

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 07-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #119
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

I'm stealing your Avacado idea Rachel! That sounds so yummy!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #120
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

I love your TRs!! They are hilarious. I started with your wedding which was so beautiful!! Then went to the honeymoon and now this one. They are so hilarious. I love the pictures.

I see you are from Milwaukee. I am from Sheboygan. It is cool to see someone on here so close. Keep the pictures coming!!!

My Dream Disney Wedding in Wisconsin PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post37093756

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: