Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #91
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 7 - Magical Stars and other delicious things!

As we sat on the balcony, we discussed what to do. Neither of us really wanted to brave the storm and go back to DHS - the boats were still grounded so we'd have to walk.

We discussed going to Downtown Disney, to either Disney Quest, La Noubia, or to a show of Toy Story 3 (it was opening weekend) but we decided that everyone would have those ideas. And we were kind of bummed about the storm, so we didn't want to deal with crowds.

We had wanted to check out Jellyrolls, and discussed going there, but the big clap of thunder meant we'd have to walk, and we were both enjoying finally being dry.

So what to do? Go to a bar of course! We decided to stay close, so that meant we'd have 3 choices.

Panic put on her “clammin' ” pants. They were these weird pants I gave her that weren’t shorts, weren’t capris and to top it off - they were corduroy. But they’re so comfy. We decided they must be clammin' pants.

We walked to Martha's Vineyard, but it looked pretty empty (read boring) and the menu didn't appeal to us, so we kept walking.

Our adventure took us to Yacht Club, where we happened upon the Crew Cup Lounge

It was packed, with families and adults alike. A bit more lively indeed. Plus, we were lucky enough to snag a seat with a meat view!

Why are we here?

I needed to have at least one magical star on the trip!

I think Panic got a margarita, but I’m not 100% sure.

We decided we were kind of hungry, so we ordered the spinach and cheese dip.

I’m not sure if we were just really hungry – but this was soooo good!

That was some gooey-spinach-y goodness right there.

We also got the lobster salad sliders – which were also yummy. But I totally forgot to take a picture - oops! There were 3 of them, plus chips.

This was a great place for a late night - (or in our case - early night) bite!

We hung out for a while and chatted and people watched and decided to head back.

We thought the canoe chairs and lobster pillows in the lobby were totally weird

We back to the room, it was finally a reasonable hour (11:30) so we headed to bed, bummed we missed out on park time and were hoping for sunshine for our Epcot day!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #92
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to EPCOT day. I'd say two swingin' sisters staying out 'till 11:30 was respectable
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #93
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Sounds like you still had fun despite the rain. Here's hoping for more sunshine at EPCOT.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #94
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great updates! So you guys did Eeyore at the Animation Academy. I am really tempted to start a thread called "post the character you drew" because my dad and I were talking the other day wondering how many different characters you could get.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #95
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Looking forward to EPCOT day. I'd say two swingin' sisters staying out 'till 11:30 was respectable
hmmm.... swingin' sisters... I think you just gave me an idea for a photo-op for december

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Sounds like you still had fun despite the rain. Here's hoping for more sunshine at EPCOT.
It was this really strange feeling - we didn't want to waste any time, but at the same time, we knew we'd be back. But the pressure was on to find something to do - that's a weird pressure to have in Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great updates! So you guys did Eeyore at the Animation Academy. I am really tempted to start a thread called "post the character you drew" because my dad and I were talking the other day wondering how many different characters you could get.
That's a great idea for a thread! Our annimator said that they have a giant book and they try to switch the character every time so people can go multiple times and not repeat. There are a ton of characters to choose from -it would be great to see all the different ones available.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #96
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Go ahead and make the Senior Portrait pose thread while you are at it! I'm just saying, I think you guys are onto a new trend here!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #97
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Wow, I've been away for a while! My church's summer retreat kept me away for 4 days, and then starting a summer job teaching a prep course for the NYC Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT) this past Monday has just taken a lot of my time. But I'm back to catch up on what I've missed!

I'm really intrigued by the concept of the Nemo show. When it first came out, I thought it'd be odd because of the puppets and the puppeteers. But then I realized that they do something similar for The Lion King on Broadway, and it's very easy to get lost in the story and forget HOW it's done.

Oh man, every single time someone gets a stuffed pretzel (either the jalapeno cheese or the cream cheese one), I drool. I want to try it so bad, but I know it'll give me a stomachache! AGHHH, I have to go with someone who likes it and gets it just so I can steal a piece instead of buying the whole pretzel and not being able to eat it.

My mom would've loved drawing Eeyore; that's her favorite! Weird and I drew ... um, what did we draw ... oh, angry Donald! Haha. I should really update my TR.

Mmmm, I'm so glad that Weird and I are going to get sushi this Saturday otherwise I'd be really upset looking at your pic and not having any myself! What did you think of the conch nigiri? I've had conch in chowder and fried, but I never imagined what it would be like that way.

Haha, I like the idea of the lifeguards' new job during a rain storm!

OY that's probably the best-looking spinach dip I've ever seen! HOW COULD YOU FORGET TO TAKE A PIC OF THE LOBSTER SALAD SLIDERS?!? AGHHH, I want to see them!!! Haha, I'm feeling a slight lobster craving because I saw an ad in the paper or something for lobster, and I started thinking about lobster rolls and lobster chowder.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #98
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Go ahead and make the Senior Portrait pose thread while you are at it! I'm just saying, I think you guys are onto a new trend here!
what did I tell you about encouraging us I just might have to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Wow, I've been away for a while! My church's summer retreat kept me away for 4 days, and then starting a summer job teaching a prep course for the NYC Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT) this past Monday has just taken a lot of my time. But I'm back to catch up on what I've missed!

I'm really intrigued by the concept of the Nemo show. When it first came out, I thought it'd be odd because of the puppets and the puppeteers. But then I realized that they do something similar for The Lion King on Broadway, and it's very easy to get lost in the story and forget HOW it's done.

Oh man, every single time someone gets a stuffed pretzel (either the jalapeno cheese or the cream cheese one), I drool. I want to try it so bad, but I know it'll give me a stomachache! AGHHH, I have to go with someone who likes it and gets it just so I can steal a piece instead of buying the whole pretzel and not being able to eat it.

My mom would've loved drawing Eeyore; that's her favorite! Weird and I drew ... um, what did we draw ... oh, angry Donald! Haha. I should really update my TR.

Mmmm, I'm so glad that Weird and I are going to get sushi this Saturday otherwise I'd be really upset looking at your pic and not having any myself! What did you think of the conch nigiri? I've had conch in chowder and fried, but I never imagined what it would be like that way.

Haha, I like the idea of the lifeguards' new job during a rain storm!

OY that's probably the best-looking spinach dip I've ever seen! HOW COULD YOU FORGET TO TAKE A PIC OF THE LOBSTER SALAD SLIDERS?!? AGHHH, I want to see them!!! Haha, I'm feeling a slight lobster craving because I saw an ad in the paper or something for lobster, and I started thinking about lobster rolls and lobster chowder.
I was wondering where you were hiding. Sounds like you're a busy bee... so I'll allow it this time

Have you seen the Lion King on Broadway? Nemo is very similar - Where the puppeteers really just blend into the show. I think it's very entrancing. Whereas the puppet in a show like Avenue Q where the puppeteers are just there I think is distracting - well for me at least.

The stuffed pretzels are so good. I hope someday you find someone who will eat the rest of it. I had to go dairy free for a few years - so I know how painful seeing all that cheese-y goodness and not being able to eat it is!

Yay for a sushi date! The conch nigiri was good. It's kind of a cross between clam and octopus - a very firm, somewhat chewy texture - but with the flavor that you're familiar with from other conch dishes. I'm a fan of nigiri like that - firmer - but I know some people aren't.

I profusely apologize for forgetting to take a picture of the lobster sliders. Please forgive me I totally understand your lobster craving, I was having one as well when we were down there - which is why we got those instead of the chicken ones. I was reading an article about a Maine Lobster bake in the magazine on the plane.

That spinach dip was crazy good. I've never seen spinach dip with the add ins like that - yummy!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #99
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 1 - Morning Mayhem

I was woken up at 7 by mousekeeping knocking at the door. I got up and shooed them away - we're sleeping. Then at 8, I was re-awaken by a different mousekeeper who I again shooed away. I kind of felt bad for the poor mousekeeper who knocked on the door at 8:30, because I almost bit her head off. I exasperatedly told her that she was the 3rd person I'd told we were leaving at 11. She apologized and hurried away.

There were not DND signs for the door, so I just took my chances, but there were no more knocks on the door. Unfortunately, the damage had been done, and both Panic and I were wide awake.

It was still before 9, so we packed up and went down to the market place to get some breakfast. I got a bagel, Panic got a child's sized french toast sticks.

We then headed back to the room

We went to gather up our stuff and head over to bell services to drop our luggage off.

We both looked at each other - do we need the umbrella or ponchos? Naw, it's nice and sunny!

So with that we headed to Epcot. I love staying at the Beach Club and being able to walk to the park!

We got there around 10, so WS wasn't open yet, so we headed to Future World
Old 07-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #100
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Bummer about missing your beauty sleep. What's with the no DND sign? Looking forward to EPCOT with you and your sister
Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #101
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Hi! I really enjoy your TRs, and I was glad to have found this one. It looks like you have had a great time so far. And how exciting that there will be even more TRs this year
Old 07-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #102
RachelNinja

In response to your comment:

Hehe, if you stop by my TR, you'll see another reason why I've been preoccupied and not on DIS.

Yup, I've seen LK on Broadway. I didn't think it'd be good because I knew how it was done, but once it started, it was so easily to see them as the characters. I thought that the character heads/masks on top of the actors' heads would be distracting, but I just accepted it for what it was and loved it!

I've seen the bit of Avenue Q on the Tony Awards, and it is so much more different. Aren't some actors just people whereas some have puppets? I do, however, like the song "What Do You Do with a BA in English?" because I have a BA in English, haha. When I first heard the song, I was at that stage where I had no clue what I was going to do with myself!

I think the conch nigiri might be more Weird's taste. He LOVES octopus so much. He has to eat the pieces for me. It's the texture that I don't like. It's not that I hate it; it's just that I'm scared to choke on chewy things, haha.

I think that if I were to make spinach dip from just a regular recipe, putting those add-ins will take it a step up! Gotta keep that idea in mind!

In response to your update:

The ONLY good thing about being woken up by mousekeeping when you're not planning on waking up yet is that it's better than being woken up by an alarm on a work day!

You know the one place I'd love to stay so that I could be very close to the parks? One of the buildings in China. Haha, there's a set of stairs that walked up in 2008 to pretend that that's where I lived. I took another pic again this past year. I'd like to live there and just be IN Epcot all the time!!!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Old 07-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #103
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Bummer about missing your beauty sleep. What's with the no DND sign? Looking forward to EPCOT with you and your sister
I couldn't figure out why there was no DND sign either. Only thing I could come up with is because it is DVC, and they don't come every day they don't provide one.

Oh well, it got us up earlier and gave us more time to enjoy Epcot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
Hi! I really enjoy your TRs, and I was glad to have found this one. It looks like you have had a great time so far. And how exciting that there will be even more TRs this year
Thanks for reading - Glad you're enjoying it! We had a great time on this little trip. Looking back on it, it's amazing all we packed into just 48 hrs! We have 4 more trips planned in the next 6 months (we're going back for our anniversary in January too - but there wasn't room for a ticker!) so there will be plenty of TRs coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
In response to your comment:

Hehe, if you stop by my TR, you'll see another reason why I've been preoccupied and not on DIS.

Yup, I've seen LK on Broadway. I didn't think it'd be good because I knew how it was done, but once it started, it was so easily to see them as the characters. I thought that the character heads/masks on top of the actors' heads would be distracting, but I just accepted it for what it was and loved it!

I've seen the bit of Avenue Q on the Tony Awards, and it is so much more different. Aren't some actors just people whereas some have puppets? I do, however, like the song "What Do You Do with a BA in English?" because I have a BA in English, haha. When I first heard the song, I was at that stage where I had no clue what I was going to do with myself!

I think the conch nigiri might be more Weird's taste. He LOVES octopus so much. He has to eat the pieces for me. It's the texture that I don't like. It's not that I hate it; it's just that I'm scared to choke on chewy things, haha.

I think that if I were to make spinach dip from just a regular recipe, putting those add-ins will take it a step up! Gotta keep that idea in mind!

In response to your update:

The ONLY good thing about being woken up by mousekeeping when you're not planning on waking up yet is that it's better than being woken up by an alarm on a work day!

You know the one place I'd love to stay so that I could be very close to the parks? One of the buildings in China. Haha, there's a set of stairs that walked up in 2008 to pretend that that's where I lived. I took another pic again this past year. I'd like to live there and just be IN Epcot all the time!!!
I posted in your TR too, but I'll say it again Congratulations! You're definately excused for falling behind

Yes, Avenue Q is set up like Sesame Street with some puppets and some real people. I think that's why the real people on the stage holding the puppets were really distracting to me. But in the Lion King and Nemo they aren't.

If you don't like the texture of octopus, you wouldn't like the conch, it's definately firm and chewy. I know what you mean about worrying about choking - the chewy stuff doesn't bother me, but the larger roe freaks me out because I'm convinced one will get caught in my throat.

We figured that it wasn't all bad being woken up - because it meant more time in Epcot - which was a bonus!

I would so love to live in the China Pavilion! It's one of my favorite pavilions, it's so pretty.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #104
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 2 - Nemo and a buzz

After Monster’s Inc. on Friday, we both wanted to check out Turtle Talk with Crush. She said, “we can go on the Nemo ride an it drops you off right there” I said “that’s fine, but you don’t have to go on the ride”

She said, “Yes, but you can go on the ride…”

Okay, point taken… so we headed to Nemo!

This ride is pretty cute. I find it disjointed that the line is serene and dark and peaceful, but the ride isn't - with all the talking and projections. I really like the line theming, but it’s weird with the ride.They should update the line too.

Here are some really bad pictures of the ride for you…

After we found Nemo, we headed into the area for Turtle talk, but they had just filled a show, so we walked around and waited a while. We played the little game - I think we got 6 out of 6... But that space is very lacking in things to do, so we ended up taking pictures...

Ahem...

Creepy self pic!

Finally, the doors opened and we walked into the room for Turtle Talk - another first for me.

The object Crush brought out was a buzz lightyear toy. So he had everyone explain what it was, and then he said "woah, dude, so I got a buzz" it was funny.

Then there was a little girl who had her hand raised to ask a question, and he called on her and she didn't know what to say, so she said "I love my mommy and daddy" it was super cute!

The verdict was that is was cute, but not added to the "must do" list. It's much more geared towards little kids than the Monsters Inc. one was (now, this could have been because we went to Monsters Inc. at 1am… I'm just saying…) but still really cute.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #105
RachelNinja

Haha, when I know someone is posting Nemo pics, I squint as I scrowl down just in case there's a shark in the pictures.

When we waited for Crush, Weird and I sat on the floor farthest away from the door just to rest our feet and to let my blood circulate properly again. It was kind of relaxing. In the past, my mom probably would've yelled at me not to sit on the floor, and that would've been stressful! But I told myself it was a good place to rest this time and the wait wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. On my feet, it would've been torturous!

Yes, Monsters Inc is better! Crush has a freaky blue whale! Haha. And there's the interaction with the adults in Monsters that CAN be hilarious depending on the audience.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: