Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #76
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 3 - Finding....um... Dinosaurs?

After Everest, we headed over to Nemo

We arrived just as the doors were opening, so we got nice seats up in front.

We had great seats, but we were sitting for quite a while. O that was a bit of a bummer… but I can't ever get DH to do this with me, so I was excited to see it fo he first time.

The show was great! I really liked it, very well done and the perfect length.

After Nemo, we headed through Dinoland USA…

This part of the park is so werid. It seems so disjointed with the rest of the park.

We were heading to Dinosaur! One of our faves.

This was the longest I’ve ever waited for this ride.

Yippee! There’s time travel in my future!

Panic : Um, you need to point the camera at us…
Me: I got this – oh yeah

OMG I think the dinosaurs are real…

When did they stop the little pre-pre-show with Bill Nye in this room? I miss that it was cute

This time, the ride stopped while we were in the last "time travel tunnel" It got pitch black. We reasoned that we got stuck in the space-time continuum for a bit because of the extra weight from our hitchhiker. But eventually we made it back safe and sound.

After Dinosaur, we headed back to Discovery Island.

We were a little hungry after this, so we got a jalapeno cheese and a regular pretzel since panic wasn't sure about the jalapeno cheese - even though she ended up liking it.

We sat in one of the lower areas by Flame Tree. I love these areas, they're so pretty, and people never know about them, so they're usually empty.

After our snack, we headed to the Exit -

See - I'm telling the truth!

We bid adieu to the Animal Kingdom and hopped on the bus to Disney Hollywood Studios!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #77
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Joining in
Lovin the Animal kingdom pics!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #78
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

The Finding Nemo Musical is awesome.

I didn't know they stopped the Bill Nye pre-show at Dinosaur! How odd.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #79
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

I agree with you that Dinoland seems disjointed from the park. I never really thought about that before now, but you are so right!

And when they stop doing the pre-show for Dinosaur, I wonder??? I won't miss it, though, because once I've seen it, now I'm just ready to get on with the ride!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #80
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I have never been to Dino-land - just seemed to carnival-ly to me (not a word I know but couldn't think of what else to call it) I would like to try riding Dinosaur next time though. Plus I have never seen the Nemo show - you have convinced me to try two new rides!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #81
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Joining in
Lovin the Animal kingdom pics!
Welcome! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
The Finding Nemo Musical is awesome.

I didn't know they stopped the Bill Nye pre-show at Dinosaur! How odd.
I was so impressed with The Finding Nemo Musical. I'm disappointed that I missed it until now.

I'm not sure if they've really stopped it, but I haven't seen it in my last 4 visits. Total bummer! Though, it's still one of my favorite rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
I agree with you that Dinoland seems disjointed from the park. I never really thought about that before now, but you are so right!

And when they stop doing the pre-show for Dinosaur, I wonder??? I won't miss it, though, because once I've seen it, now I'm just ready to get on with the ride!
Maybe because we usually start with Dinosaur then move on, I didn't notice it either, but going the other way, and walking though the park with the elaborate and gorgeous theming and then going to Cheez-o-land It was really obvious to me this time.

I have no idea if they for-real stopped it or if I just have awful timing, but I haven't seen it in the last 4 times I've ridden. I thought it was just because there was no line - but we were in that room for quite a while - and nothing.

I agree - I liked it because when it was over that meant it was time to ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I have never been to Dino-land - just seemed to carnival-ly to me (not a word I know but couldn't think of what else to call it) I would like to try riding Dinosaur next time though. Plus I have never seen the Nemo show - you have convinced me to try two new rides!
Carnival-ly is the perfect word! I'm all about inventing words! I've never gone into the main Dino-land midway stuff either - it's so un-Disney. It makes me mad. Dinosaur is one of my favorite rides at Disney, and Nemo was amazing - you should definitely try them both!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #82
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 4 - Rockin' in DHS

We had a totally un-eventful bus ride to DHS.

We arrived during the parade so the street was crazy crowded.

So we ducked into some shops to try to navigate through the crowd. We made our way to TSM to check the wait times (the board was blocked by the parade) It was 200 minutes, and the FPs were gone so we passed. Time was a premium on this trip, and we'll be back in December. I must say I like having the luxury of saying "I'll just catch it next time" and knowing that next time is just a few months away.

So we headed to Panic’s choice - the Animation Academy. The class was really crowded (well compared to January when there was us and one other family), They had people sitting on the floor and standing in the back. Plus the animator kept forgetting what character we were drawing and calling it different things. That was kind of funny. It wasn't as fun or personal as it was in January, but still really cool. We planned on going back.

Surprisingly, they both actually look like Eeyore.

Or as the animator said – Tigger… Actually they were horrible Tiggers now that I look at it

After the Animation Academy, the heat was really getting to me and I was just wilting. I suggested we go back to the hotel and hang out at the pool.

On our way out we decided to head to RnRc,

The wait was 90 minutes, but we hopped in the Single Rider line – and we were in and out in like 15 minutes.

Hells yeah!

I was in the car with a group of 3 13 year old boys. At the end of the ride they were giggling like girls. It was hilarious!

We decided we'd come back for ToT, possibly TSM, and
After RnRc, after dinner.

We headed back to the hotel to change and cool down before dinner.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #83
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 5 - Braving the Swan for Dinner

We got off the boat at the Yacht club an made our way to the Beach Club. On our way, we stopped by Hurricane Hannah's and got some drinks.

Panic got a Sun kissed Cocktail, and I got a poolside lemonade. Both were delicious and refreshing. And we headed to the room to enjoy them and cool off for a bit.

Soon, we headed for dinner. On the way, panic noted we forgot the rain ponchos, but we decided we'd be fine and kept going. We headed to the doc to catch the boat…

When I showed DH this picture – he was like “why did you take a picture of Panic fixing her wedgie” Haha… That’s not what she’s doing – I swear!

Soaking in the sun. But notice the dark clouds lurking

We were impatient and didn't want to wait for the boat, so we walked.

Along the way, we ran into this guy – Donald he’s not!

I generally refer to the swan and dolphin as the swolphin. So I get the two mixed up all the time. I originally headed to the Dolphin, but needed to be at the Swan.

Finally we reached our destination. Kimonos.

We wanted something light, and I always want to try the swolphin restaurants - but we're usually on the DDP, so we don't. This was a great opportunity to try it.

The place is really cute. Smaller than I pictured.

Their summer special drink was a sangria. It was yummy. They had a sangria special drink, which we got. It was yummy. Normally I'm not a sangria fan, but this was made with plum wine instead of regular wine, so it didn't feel so weird with fruit in it.

We got a Dragon Roll (house speciaity) a Bonsai Roll and a Spider Roll. Along with Salmon and Conch Nigiri.

We were still a little hungry, so we shared a bowl of red bean ice cream. It was pretty good.

We discussed whether we should go back to the hotel to grab the ponchos or just head to DHS; however, Mother Nature had other plans for us....
Old 07-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #84
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

TOTALLY agree that Dinoland doesn't really seem to go with the rest of AK! I've never really "got" Dinoland... just not my thing I guess, but I love the rest of AK!

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Girls Only Spring Break Trip POFQ w/DxDP Trip Report

Old 07-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #85
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Delta4Life View Post
TOTALLY agree that Dinoland doesn't really seem to go with the rest of AK! I've never really "got" Dinoland... just not my thing I guess, but I love the rest of AK!
I agree. I would love to see them do something else with that area, it's such a waste.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #86
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 6 - Braving the Storm

Just as we were finishing up, it started to POUR rain. Like standing under a waterfall kind of pouring. Why didn't we bring those ponchos?

So we set out to explore the Swan.

We waited about a hour, and then made a break for the dolphin. It was still storming out and we got pretty wet. We wandered around the Dolphin for a while, and tried to hop on a bus to anywhere else, but that wasn't working either.

I know there are worse problems to have, but we were trapped at the Swolphin and wanted out!

So we made a break for it. We walked from the Dolphin to the beach club and got soaking wet. Lovely.

As we approached the beach club, we were greeted by an angel from heaven. AKA a lifeguard handing out nice dry towels.

I found it hilarious that in a storm they station lifeguards at every door. I know it's to give them something to do, but it's just funny to me - like they're there to save someone from floating away in the rain.

So, dripping wet, we headed to the room. I stopped at the marketplace to pick up a bottle of wine, while panic went straight to the room. She was wearing a white top and regular shoes. While me in my new crocs and black top didn't have either of those problems.

I also picked up a container of cotton candy for my mom because she loves the goofy cotton candy. She says it's the best kind.

So I go to the register with my bottle of wine and cotton candy, and the CM looks at me warily and asks "you're not having these together are you?" I realized how weird my items looked together, and contemplated telling him it was a new cocktail concoction I'd made up, but decided against it. I said no, I was taking the cotton candy home. He laughed and said that was good, because he would have let me buy them if I had be having them together. (kidding of course)

So I made my way back up to our room, and Panic had changed into dry clothes. We cracked open the bottle of wine, and she tried on all the clothes I brought for her - taking just over 1/2 of them.

Afterwards, we finished the bottle of wine out on our balcony. It was shielded from the rain, so we didn't get wet, and the rain had cooled off the air quite a bit, so it was nice. It was still storming though, so we figured Fantasmic would be canceled.

Will I ever get to see Fantasmic again?

It was only about 8, so we weren't ready for sleep by any means... What to do?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #87
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

I knew the rain would be coming. Hoping you still enjoy the rest of the evening despite it.

The wine and cotton candy episode was great.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #88
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Well, pooh on the rain! I can't wait to see what you girls get into!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #89
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Nice installments! Yes 8 pm is WAY too early to sleep. What did you and your sis do??????
Old 07-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #90
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
I knew the rain would be coming. Hoping you still enjoy the rest of the evening despite it.

The wine and cotton candy episode was great.
Yeah we knew the rain was coming too. If we had just gone back for the ponchos in the first place, the night may have gone much differently.

I didn't really think about how weird I must have looked until the CM said something. Now whenever I ask for a glass of wine at home, DH asks if I want cotton candy with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Well, pooh on the rain! I can't wait to see what you girls get into!
Yeah... Pooh... that's what we were saying

The next installment is on it's way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Nice installments! Yes 8 pm is WAY too early to sleep. What did you and your sis do??????
Yeah, even after our late night the night before, it was still to early.

The next update will be up shortly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: