Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #61
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I love Panic's dress! I always see girls in simple summery dresses at Disney, and it usually looks so much cooler. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point where I'd wear a dress to a park!

Mmm, that's my kind of breakfast. I can never see how people order the entire Tonga Toast. It hurts my teeth thinking about it ... not that I've ever had it myself! But I think the potatoes and bacon would balance everything out to have sweet and savory! Yum.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #62
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Then we saw blurry things. I love it!

Glad you enjoyed the Monsters show. It is pretty entertaining even if it is more geared toward kids. I think we had a guy as Randall (is it Randall or Russell?!) duck down once too.

I would like to do PM EMH sometime but we're always up so early! We'd have to completely change our plans. haha
Hmm... you had me thinking... according to IMDB it's Randall. Maybe I'll have to watch it just to be sure I think the show is so dependent on the guests. It's very cute!

Evening EMH are great - but only in peak season. In low season, the evening EMHs aren't long enough to be super helpful. But we can never wake up for the early ones - so it's probably a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Tonga toast - looks delish!! We've never had it. Perhaps we need to break our fast at the Poly in December
Definitely, Poly breakfast is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I love Panic's dress! I always see girls in simple summery dresses at Disney, and it usually looks so much cooler. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point where I'd wear a dress to a park!

Mmm, that's my kind of breakfast. I can never see how people order the entire Tonga Toast. It hurts my teeth thinking about it ... not that I've ever had it myself! But I think the potatoes and bacon would balance everything out to have sweet and savory! Yum.
I know, I'm not brave enough to wear a dress either. Panic had some nice light cropped leggings she wore as well. I think that helped her feel more comfortable - less chance for a wardrobe malfunction!

Tonga Toast is yummy, but huge and really sweet. The first time DH and I got it, we made the mistake of each getting one - it was too much even for DH! Now we split one order of the toast and one order of potatoes though we each get our own order of bacon - 'cuz you can never have too much bacon! Even that is a lot of food!
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #63
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Yum, breakfast looks yummy!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #64
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Yum, breakfast looks yummy!
It was. I want some tonga toast now!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #65
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 2 - Spirit of the Yeti

Next Stop? The BouTiki to get some different shoes. I bought some Disney crock sandals, and got my 10% discount.

I had resisted crocks for years, and that week, I bought 3 pairs! They’re so comfy!!

I tossed my other shoes, and we made our way to the bus stop to catch a bus to the AK.

I know some people don’t like it, but Animal Kingdom is really one of my favorite parks. It’s so pretty!

The crowds weren’t as bad as at the MK, but it was still more crowded than I’m used to… Plus it was so hot!

We got to the AK around 11:30, so we had to wait until 1 to catch Nemo.

What to do with 2 hrs to kill at the AK?

So we headed to…

To go on…

EVEREST, of course!

We soaked in the sights along the way. Have I mentioned it’s my favorite park? So pretty!

Have I mentioned that I like this park?

So we headed to Everest. There was a 40 minute wait posted, but I don't think it took that long.

While in line, we finally saw the infamous sky writer. Except the Jesus stuff had dissipated, so the message was much less controversial.

These things kind of freaked me out.

We entered the indoor queue area. I like that this one is a “Museum”

OMG the Yeti is real?

We started looking at all the masks and other artifacts.

There’s a curse of the Yeti? I have a bad feeling about this…

Suddenly, the spirit of the Yeti took over me…

Um…. Snap out of it.

After regaining my composure and leaving the spirit of the Yeti behind, we boarded the train. I wanted to try to get a picture from the top, but I was so worried about loosing the camera that I decided not to.

I was really excited because they actually had the final yeti working. I mean not all the way swinging or anything, but they had the strobes on – so you could actually see it! This was the first time since 2005 that I actually saw the yeti.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #66
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Glad you saw the Yeti, how awesome!!

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Girls Only Spring Break Trip POFQ w/DxDP Trip Report

Old 06-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #67
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Cute Mickey Crocs. I NEED a pair of those. Well, need is not really the right word. Want. Want Badly. That's more like it!

I always liked the skywriter and his message. Glad you got to see it!

And yay for EE. I love that ride!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #68
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I love AK too! Did you say it was your favorite park?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #69
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Delta4Life View Post
Glad you saw the Yeti, how awesome!!
I was very excited about the Yeti! Hopefully It'll still have the strobes on it in December! It really adds something to the ride.

Quote:
Cute Mickey Crocs. I NEED a pair of those. Well, need is not really the right word. Want. Want Badly. That's more like it!

I always liked the skywriter and his message. Glad you got to see it!

And yay for EE. I love that ride!
Haha... I was in a NEED situation - I would have killed myself tripping on my shoes. In this case - want is much better! They're really cute and I'm happy I bought them, but the "thong" part is really thick and at the end of the night it started hurting my toes.

I was very glad to see the skywriter - i was feeling left out!

EE is one of my favorites too! It's so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I love AK too! Did you say it was your favorite park?
hmmmm... you're right... I'm not sure I did, so I'll say it again... AK is my favorite park
Old 06-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #70
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

There are so many different styles of crocs that I believe it's becoming more and more acceptable to own them! At least that's what I say ... I have 3 pairs, haha.

AK looks like a photographer's paradise! I think Weird will DEFINITELY love it there because we didn't go this past trip.

HAHA, the picture of the spirit of the Yeti taking over you is the BEST!!!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #71
Panic Attack
^_^

Panic's Fashion Tips

Quote:

The secret to wearing a dress to a park... or really anywhere... is to wear leggings under it. NOT ONLY does it prevent uncomfortable-ness, but you also look very cool and trendy. It was nice to wear the dress and get the breeze, and the leggings don't make it so hot and unbearable.

Another one to add to my business card. Fashion icon. hahaha!
Epic Mickey (aka Super Secret Warren Spector Game Project or Junction Point Studios Project #2). Reintroducing the mischievous side of the mouse's personality by arming him with paint and paint thinner to interact with the world.
Official Game Trailer
Behind the Scenes & Gameplay

Click here for a larger version
Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #72
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic Attack View Post
The secret to wearing a dress to a park... or really anywhere... is to wear leggings under it. NOT ONLY does it prevent uncomfortable-ness, but you also look very cool and trendy. It was nice to wear the dress and get the breeze, and the leggings don't make it so hot and unbearable.

Leggings - yes. That way when you are getting onto a ride, you don't flash someone! LOL!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #73
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are so many different styles of crocs that I believe it's becoming more and more acceptable to own them! At least that's what I say ... I have 3 pairs, haha.

AK looks like a photographer's paradise! I think Weird will DEFINITELY love it there because we didn't go this past trip.

HAHA, the picture of the spirit of the Yeti taking over you is the BEST!!!

I agree. I have 3 pairs now too! Crocs are becoming much more acceptable. The one pair I bought at the outlet before we left - I even get compliments on. They're not just the weird plastic clogs anymore!

AK is just so beautiful. I could just wander around all day. Someone with an artistic/photographic eye would definately enjoy.

When Panic and I saw that picture the first time we were laughing to hard we cried. I even laugh a bit now when I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic Attack View Post

Um - you can not be a fashion icon with clammin' pants in your closet. It's a rule somewhere.

Quote:
Leggings - yes. That way when you are getting onto a ride, you don't flash someone! LOL!
Leggings - preventing Brittany Spears moments since 1980!

Okay, so DH and I were going back and forth. It looked like we weren't going to be able to do both bonus trips on our remaining DVC points... and we (okay, I) vowed never to stay Value again after the Binky incident of '09 - and we really didn't think we could afford Deluxe, so then we were deciding if we should do just one trip... So, then today... I got an email with a 40% off pin code - good for the weekend in October we were looking at!

So, I took this as a sign that we have to do both trips - and DH agreed! So, we're booked at OKW over Labor Day weekend (pretty much all that was left studio wise), and we think we're going to book either the Boardwalk or Yacht Club for Halloween Weekend! I'm letting DH choose which resort - so we'll book that one tonight.

I seriously can't believe we're doing this, but we agreed that it made sense to milk those "free" APs for all we could.

So.... this means... 3 more TRs before the end of the year.

You all are going to be quite sick of my by time this is over
Old 07-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #74
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Hi. I saw a mention of your report in wdwgirl03's pre-trip, so I thought I'd come and check it out. I'm all caught up and loving the report so far. I love your humor. Looking forward to reading more!

Sorry to hear about your camera. Good thing you had a back-up!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #75
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Hi. I saw a mention of your report in wdwgirl03's pre-trip, so I thought I'd come and check it out. I'm all caught up and loving the report so far. I love your humor. Looking forward to reading more!

Sorry to hear about your camera. Good thing you had a back-up!
Thanks for stopping by! Gald you're enjoying it so far!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: