Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #46
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Oy, took me long enough to get here! I wanted to make sure I could devote enough time to catch up and read everything!

Gigantor is my kind of bag! Haha, that's so cool that it still fits as a carry-on. That's one reason why I like duffles more than luggage. It's easier to squeeze things on. Of course, I like that most luggage has wheels! I need me a combo deal, one of those duffles on wheels!

Haha, once the plane was in the air, I would've moved right on over if there was an empty spot! That must've been an odd situation!

I like your explanation of good bad luck! Stinks about the camera! It's true that it would've STUNK if you had had Disney pics on it and THEN lost it! I'd probably be more upset about that.

HAHA, I have to go back to Disney and do the senior portrait pose in honor of you!

Self-portraits are only good if you can see the surrounding environment, so good job with the pic at B&C!

I agree with you that there's not enough time to enjoy the posters at Philharmagic! I was so excited to see them especially since one particular poster was referenced in the 2nd Kingdom Keepers book, but we had to scurry on along. Not enough time to appreciate them! Haha, not that I'm complaining about the shorter wait time though!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 06-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #47
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ooh, the MSEP!!!! I am so excited to see that. Thanks for all the pictures! Sounds like a great night at the MK.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #48
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Oy, took me long enough to get here! I wanted to make sure I could devote enough time to catch up and read everything!

Gigantor is my kind of bag! Haha, that's so cool that it still fits as a carry-on. That's one reason why I like duffles more than luggage. It's easier to squeeze things on. Of course, I like that most luggage has wheels! I need me a combo deal, one of those duffles on wheels!

Haha, once the plane was in the air, I would've moved right on over if there was an empty spot! That must've been an odd situation!

I like your explanation of good bad luck! Stinks about the camera! It's true that it would've STUNK if you had had Disney pics on it and THEN lost it! I'd probably be more upset about that.

HAHA, I have to go back to Disney and do the senior portrait pose in honor of you!

Self-portraits are only good if you can see the surrounding environment, so good job with the pic at B&C!

I agree with you that there's not enough time to enjoy the posters at Philharmagic! I was so excited to see them especially since one particular poster was referenced in the 2nd Kingdom Keepers book, but we had to scurry on along. Not enough time to appreciate them! Haha, not that I'm complaining about the shorter wait time though!
Welcome! I was wondering when you'd pop by.

I'm trying to get to an update a day.... because... There's a strong possibility DH and I will be going back in September and again in October! Trying to suck every last bit out of our free APs!

I agree, I like duffels better, but gigantor doesn't have wheels, so it's HEAVY. I'm currently looking for a combo deal at TJ Maxx!

The guy on the plane was strange... but at least he eventually moved!

Yeha, I would have been a lot more upset about the camera if I'd lost pictures. The actual camera can be replaced. But no picture for my TR?? That would have been tragic

Yeah self pics are just so weird - no matter how hard you try they're always weird, and if you do get a decent one - you can't tell where you are!

I know, I feel dumb complaining about a short line - but those posters are just neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ooh, the MSEP!!!! I am so excited to see that. Thanks for all the pictures! Sounds like a great night at the MK.
The MSEP was fun. I think it's more fun if you remember it from back in the day... otherwise, it does look kind of dated.

It was a great night at the MK - and we're not done yet! The park isn't even closed yet, plus there's 3 hrs of EMH to go!

In other news, as I mentioned above, DH and I are seriously considering September and October weekend trips! We have some left-over DVC points, and our APs, so all we need to is get airfare. And there have been a few sales lately that have really cheap flights... SO... instead of taking our customary weekend trips around the state, we decided to do them in Disney this year!

This means probably no (or, only 1) trip in 2011... but I'm okay with that... I mean get it while it's cheap right?

So.... That's why I'm trying to haul butt on this one... so I can finish it before September!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #49
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Part 6 - Spinning out of control!

Next was Panic's choice - and she chose the tea cups.

I hate the tea cups. They give me a headache every time, and if I have my eyes open, I get sick. So not looking forward to this one. But it was her choice, and she's one of the only people I'd actually let convince me to go on them, so that's where we headed.
Panic got really excited.

Me, not so much.

I kindly asked Panic not to spin it too much… This was her response…

I was in trouble!

As the ride started, I closed my eyes grabbed my camera and this is what I got…

Then I turned the camera on myself…

After what seemed like 25 minutes of tortuous spinning, it was over.

We were both a little dizzy and headachy, so we decided to head to the TTA. I don't know why, but I love this ride. It's so relaxing .

Panic thought it was a little too relaxing.

I told her to watch out for the drop!

Then we saw blurry things…

Did I mention I didn't loose the crappy camera?

I took another picture of 1/2 of a sign…

Then Panic took the camera away from me because I take crappy pictures…

So she dazzled me with her skills

Aren't you impressed?

Okay, okay, so she can get a whole sign…. Big deal

Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #50
RachelNinja

Haha, love the commentary! I would never ever ever go on the tea cups again. I used to love spinning it as fast as I could, but I'm okay with bypassing those "25 minutes"!

Oh, and who cares about whole signs? We see whole signs all over DIS. Half signs are way more interesting. Showcases your artsy side, haha.

(WOOHOO for another possible trip!!!)

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #51
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha, love the commentary! I would never ever ever go on the tea cups again. I used to love spinning it as fast as I could, but I'm okay with bypassing those "25 minutes"!

Oh, and who cares about whole signs? We see whole signs all over DIS. Half signs are way more interesting. Showcases your artsy side, haha.

(WOOHOO for another possible trip!!!)
Yeah, the teacups are not my idea of a good time. But it made Panic happy, so whatever.

Yeah... Yeah... That's the ticket... "artistic" We'll go with that
Old 06-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #52
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Part 7 - More Spinning?

After the TTA, it was getting close to official park closing time, and the crowds were definately thinning. We decided to try out the Laugh Floor.

This was a new one for me. It was pretty funny and cute. I already told DH we'll have to go on it next time.

Very funny. They retold the story of Monsters Inc. and asked the guy who "played" Russel if he could dissapear and he ducked down. The monster's reaction was so funny!

It was about midnight now, and the park was officially closing (but we had 3 hrs. of EMH to go!) The crowd was mostly adults, so I think it would be a different experience if during the day - a lot of adults (mostly males) got picked on.

After Monster's Inc. We decided we could finally stomach Space Ranger Spin.

Panic, reporting for duty sir!

The ride started out all normal - then just as we were entering the first room, the ride stopped. We could spin, and shoot - we just weren’t moving forward. We scored a ton of points, but it wasn't the funnest ever. We'll have to go back in Dec. so Panic can experience the real thing.

The park was now officially closed, so the crowds had thinned out quite a bit, but there were still 3 hrs of EMH to be had.

We headed back to fantasy land and rode Winnie the Pooh. I'm sorry to anyone that likes this ride, but It's just not my cup o'tea. I much preferred Mr. Toad.

Then we headed to Peter Pan, and the line posted was 40 minutes. We figured this must be a fluke, since there was hardly anyone around, but it soon became clear that it wasn't so we ditched the ride.

Then we headed back through Frontierland to check is BTMRR was up and running yet - it wasn't. So we kept going to Adventureland, with the intentions of riding Aladdin's Magic Carpets and the Jungle Cruise. We stopped for a dole whip first.

Mmmmm….

After the Dole Whip, we decided that we were really tired (it was just after 2 am at this point - I'd been up for 22 hrs!), and didn't need to do Aladdin or the Jungle Cruise.

On the way out, we took some more pics of the castle. Cuz you can never have enough of those!

So we made our way back to main street, and stopped because the sign made me miss DH

We got on the bus, and headed to the hotel. Since this was our first time staying at the Beach Club, and we weren't paying attention, and the Bus Driver didn't really say anything, we accidently got off at the Yacht Club.

Oops.

At least it was an easy walk to the Beach Club. We got into the room, and we both fell asleep pretty fast.

Next up our first (and only) full day!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #53
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up again! Love how your pictures really tell the story! You're doing great.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #54
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

I've never done the Tea Cups... and I think I'm with you... it's not on my to do list anytime in the future!

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Girls Only Spring Break Trip POFQ w/DxDP Trip Report

Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #55
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

You both are have too much fun!! Love the pics on the tea cups

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #56
RachelNinja

Extra Magic Hours at night is something I would really love to experience! Mmm, and a late night Dole Whip Float would make it even better!

Aww, the pic of you with the train sign was cute and sad at the same time! When you and DH go back, you should take a pic again in that same spot!

Old 06-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #57
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
I'm all caught up again! Love how your pictures really tell the story! You're doing great.
Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Delta4Life View Post
I've never done the Tea Cups... and I think I'm with you... it's not on my to do list anytime in the future!
Yeah, I'll be passing up the tea cups in the future. DH said he'd go with Panic in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
You both are have too much fun!! Love the pics on the tea cups
We had a ton of fun! Panic was so excited about the tea cups. I had my eyes closed the whole time I'm amazed I got decent pictures!

Quote:
Extra Magic Hours at night is something I would really love to experience! Mmm, and a late night Dole Whip Float would make it even better!

Aww, the pic of you with the train sign was cute and sad at the same time! When you and DH go back, you should take a pic again in that same spot!
Usually we go in the off season, so the EMH are until like 7 or 9. 3 am was crazy - but it worked great for us.

When DH saw it, he was like "you can't be sad at the trains" I explained it was because I was missing him - then he got it. Boys

We'll definitely have to do a happy train pic!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #58
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 1 - Hulas and Tonga Toast!

The original plan was to make it for EMH at the AK. Since we were out until about 3 the night before, we quickly dismissed that plan.

We woke up around 9, and got dressed and ready by 10.

Panic had brought SPF 100 sun screen with her, so she was ready to face the heat.

I will crush you - you puny UV rays!

Bring on the sunshine!

We waited a while for the bus for a while, and I thought that the reflection of the trees in the water was pretty.

Our first mission? Tonga Toast!

So we hopped on the bus to the MK, and then on the Monorail to the Poly.

I had on my typical park shoes - black Privos. But they were just falling apart and not staying on my feet. It made it difficult to walk. Annoying.

We made our way to Captin Cook's and stopped to do a little hula…

Okay enough… hulas… more breakfast!

We headed to Captain Cook’s and got ourselves an order of Tonga Toast, bacon and potatoes. Mmmm.

I felt bad, after I ordered Panic told me she doesn’t like sourdough bread or warm bananas – oops. But she enjoyed it anyway – and those potatoes are tasty!

Last edited by not_Joanna_eggs; 07-18-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #59
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Then we saw blurry things. I love it!

Glad you enjoyed the Monsters show. It is pretty entertaining even if it is more geared toward kids. I think we had a guy as Randall (is it Randall or Russell?!) duck down once too.

I would like to do PM EMH sometime but we're always up so early! We'd have to completely change our plans. haha
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #60
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Tonga toast - looks delish!! We've never had it. Perhaps we need to break our fast at the Poly in December

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: