Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #16
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Friday - Part 1 - …and we're off

Okay we're back, I've finally dried off, so let's get this TR started!!

In lieu of using any vacation time for this trip, I flexed my hours during the week to make up for leaving at noon, adding an extra hour here and there. So Friday morning, I got up and got into to work around 5:30 (this means I left my house around 4:45, and was up around). I'm not a morning person at all, you needless to say I wasn't thrilled about being up so early.

I mean look - even the fox is still asleep

(we have a family of foxes living in our yard, I thought it was so cute to see one of the babies sleeping like that)

I always feel so silly bringing big bags into work. I don't know why - no one cares - I just feel like a dork.

I had my "purse" which was my DVC bag. I had all my clothes, books, cameras and other stuff in there.

And my 3 oz of liquid ina plastic bag

Then I had gigantor -which is what I call this duffle bag. It can fit anything, and still qualify and fit as a carryon. Once I fit both DH and my clothes for a week in this one bag. Nice, but HEAVY!

This was full of clothes I was giving to Panic.

The morning at work went pretty fast - no crises - which as a miracle in and of itself.

I got a text from Panic saying she was at the airport. I wasn't there, but I imagine she looked like this

At noon, I grabbed my luggage, and hopped in my friend Sheri's car -since she offered to take me to the airport. We decided to take in a quick lunch before she dropped me off - since we were still early.

The service was super slow, they were boarding all zones all rows when I got to my gate.

No worries, I was near the front of the plane, and the flight was NOT full. It was kind of weird, the guy next to me was assigned the middle seat, but no one was assigned the aisle. And he didn't move over until more than 1/2 way through the flight. That was so odd. He also started playing music on his computer - not with head phones. That was obnoxious to.

Also hilarious was the family in front of me. There was a little girl - about 6 I think. It was her first flight (and first time to Disney) and her parents were really coaching her about the flight. Explaining everything to her and making sure she was excited, not scared. They did a really good job…. Too good of a job even… Once we were in the air and almost landing they asked her if she was excited about Disney, but she just wanted to talk about the plane. It was pretty funny. I hope she eventually got excited about disney!

At some point in the flight, I took my camera out to take a picture of myself of the plane…

We landed (early even!) and I texted Panic to see where she was. She was on the ME already, so I was right behind her.

I got on the first ride of the trip, and grabbed my phone to take a pic, since it was already in my pocket…

Where's the big drop?

Check-in to the ME was a breeze - there was NO one there, and the people that were, were really blurry...

I had enough time to snap this picture

And they loaded me on a bus.

Soon we were on our way, taking in the lovely sights of the airport.

The movie started, and I put my phone away and reached for my camera….

Um…

Camera?

Where are you?
Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #17
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post

Um…

Camera?

Where are you?
Oh no.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #18
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Please tell us you found your camera!!

That story about the little girl on the airplane is too cute. I wonder why the guy didn't move - maybe he thought he couldn't and finally figured out he could

I loved your honeymoon TR and can't wait to get this show on the road!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
Panic Attack
^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post

I got a text from Panic saying she was at the airport. I wasn't there, but I imagine she looked like this

This is exactly how I look in the airport. Cartoon-y and lost.
Epic Mickey (aka Super Secret Warren Spector Game Project or Junction Point Studios Project #2). Reintroducing the mischievous side of the mouse's personality by arming him with paint and paint thinner to interact with the world.
Official Game Trailer
Behind the Scenes & Gameplay

Click here for a larger version
Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #20
beachgirl2000
Mouseketeer

Hahaha! Subscribing now -- I read your wedding trip report and loved it! So funny! I can't wait to hear about your newest adventures!!!!!!

(me) (son, 14) (hubby) (molly, 6)

Off Site (04/05) Off Site (10/10)
Off Site (05/06) Royal Pacific/Port Orleans (10/12)
Pop (05/08) Port Orleans FQ (08/14)
AKL (05/09)
Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #21
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Signing on for the fun! You had me laughing out loud on your last TR and I can't wait to see what you and your sister get into for this trip.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #22
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here Joanna! Can't wait to hear about your sisters trip as I plan for mine.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #23
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Oh no.....
Oh no is right. I was so mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Please tell us you found your camera!!

That story about the little girl on the airplane is too cute. I wonder why the guy didn't move - maybe he thought he couldn't and finally figured out he could

I loved your honeymoon TR and can't wait to get this show on the road!!
I would love to tell you I found my camera.... but my mommy taught me not to lie...

The girl was adorable! English wasn't the guy's first language - so maybe he just didn't understand.

Thank for reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic Attack View Post
This is exactly how I look in the airport. Cartoon-y and lost.
See... I knew it

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl2000 View Post
Hahaha! Subscribing now -- I read your wedding trip report and loved it! So funny! I can't wait to hear about your newest adventures!!!!!!
Welcome aboard! There were definitely adventures so stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Signing on for the fun! You had me laughing out loud on your last TR and I can't wait to see what you and your sister get into for this trip.
Welcome. This report will have significantly fewer trains in it

Next update is coming up shortly!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #24
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Friday - Part 1 - are we there yet?

Camera, Camera, where art thou?

I dumped my whole bag out searching for it. But it was gone.
It must have slipped out of my bag on the plane. I quickly called Panic who had already checked in and was walking into the room to see if she could help me track down some numbers.

She did, and I called, but no one answered, so I left messages. But by this point, I had given up all hope of recovering it…

Thank goodness I had downloaded all the pictures that morning!

It still has not been recovered, and I’m loosing hope.

Fortunately, I had a back-up that I'd brought for Panic…so I wasn't camera-less... But my nice Cannon was missing.

So I apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures – they’re either from my phone or my crappy $80 kodak.

So back on the ME….

We were driving towards Disney

I tried to get a pic of the sign… but this is what I ended up with – Donald’s Butt and a Toyota

Our first stop was POR - Riverside.

Then we stopped at the boardwalk.

Finally to the Beach Club.

I made to the villas and when I got to the room, and Panic was waiting. I got to the room and dumped out the bag, just to be sure I really did loose the camera. I did.

This is what Panic was describing - weird luck. I usually describe it as good bad luck. Like it's bad luck that I lost the camera, but good luck that I lost it at the beginning of the trip, so I didn't loose any pictures - and that I had a spare with me.

We scoped out the room (I'm spoiled because of the grand villa at BLT - this room was TINY in comparison) We had a great balcony. It was on an angle so it was bigger than a normal balcony and nice view.

After about the 5th time Panic proclaimed she was hungry – so we headed out in search of dinner…

Sorry all - I'm not sure why photobucket is being dumb. It's showing that all the pictures are resized - I don't know why some are big. Grrrr!

Last edited by not_Joanna_eggs; 06-22-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #25
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Oh, BOOOOOO! I cannot believe you lost your camera! That so stinks.

I like the way you look on the bright side, though. I guess that's the only thing to do in a situation where it just can't be helped, huh?

Glad you made it to the resort. Can't wait to see where you guys end up for lunch.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #26
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry that you really did lose your camera!! My daughter lost mine on an Easter egg hunt (she borrowed it after I had taken some photos of her and her son and put it in her pocket instead of back in the camera case). Luckily a nice man & his little daughter found it, looked at recent pics taken and found us from the photo I had taken of my daughter. That was truly a blessing because it had been a gift from my oldest son (it was his and he didn't have any money to buy me a Christmas present so he gave me his own camera.) I truly hope that someone is honest and turns it in to the airlines so you will get it back.

We have always stayed at the BWV renting points and love having the Boardwalk view. We wanted to try Beach Club on our next trip but we weren't partial to the room decor or location of the Villa's side. I would love to have a water view overlooking the lake or Stormalong Bay though.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #27
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I'm here Joanna! Can't wait to hear about your sisters trip as I plan for mine.
Welcome! I'm so jealous you're going to Harry Potter with your sisters! I have to wait until December boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Oh, BOOOOOO! I cannot believe you lost your camera! That so stinks.

I like the way you look on the bright side, though. I guess that's the only thing to do in a situation where it just can't be helped, huh?

Glad you made it to the resort. Can't wait to see where you guys end up for lunch.
I was so mad about the camera. I loved it so, I just couldn't believe it. I was super protective of the other one the whole trip. I try to just let things flow. No sense in getting mad over something that can't be changed. I felt really stupid though!

The next piece is coming shortly (I'm determined not to drag this one out like I did the Jan one!) So you'll find out soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I'm so sorry that you really did lose your camera!! My daughter lost mine on an Easter egg hunt (she borrowed it after I had taken some photos of her and her son and put it in her pocket instead of back in the camera case). Luckily a nice man & his little daughter found it, looked at recent pics taken and found us from the photo I had taken of my daughter. That was truly a blessing because it had been a gift from my oldest son (it was his and he didn't have any money to buy me a Christmas present so he gave me his own camera.) I truly hope that someone is honest and turns it in to the airlines so you will get it back.

We have always stayed at the BWV renting points and love having the Boardwalk view. We wanted to try Beach Club on our next trip but we weren't partial to the room decor or location of the Villa's side. I would love to have a water view overlooking the lake or Stormalong Bay though.
I keep hoping someone will feel bad that there are wedding pictures on there (I downloaded them - but didn't delete them) and turn it it... but I'm loosing faith. At least I didn't loose any pictures. So glad someone honest found your camera!

I love the BWV, we haven't stayed there in a while - but the view is great. I agree the Beach Club villas' decor is weird. The drapes were really strange. But the loaction was just great and I love the feel of the resort. Normally, I would have sprung for a view - but with only 2 nights, it didn't seem worth it - we were hardly in the room.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #28
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Friday - Part 3 - Hungry Hungry Villans and Power Rangers!

So where did we go for dinner?

Beaches and Cream! I couldn't stay at the BC and not get a No Way Jose!

It was about 7:00 (okay, it was 7:06 because I was joking with Panic that we were 6 minutes behind schedule, so we had to rush) I was expecting B&C to be crowded and figured we'd end up at the MK.

Wrong. There was plenty of room. I've never before been seated right away - and at a table to boot. Maybe the crowds wouldn't be as bad as I thought…

So.. hungry…can I eat the menu?

Maybe the mustard?

No… I think… I'm going to eat you if you don't stop taking pictures!

Then, she was suddenly compelled to take a senior portrait for the year book

(what is it about me that makes people want to pose like that? DH did the same pose in Jan!)

Fortunately, our food came pretty quickly, so Panic couldn't eat me.

She got a cheese burger - she was too hungry to wait for a picture.

I got a turkey sandwich.

I can't tell you why - but I also took a picture of the mayonnaise packets they gave us...

mmm… mayonnaise….

As we were finishing our sandwiches 3 teenage guys came in wearing power ranger t-shirts to make them look like the black, blue and red power rangers Panic and I so wanted to get pink and yellow ones and join them! It was quite funny!

Then we got a No Way Jose. Mmmm chocolate-peanut butter-y goodness.

I'm supposed to share with you?

That thing is huge - we were both starving and here's the Damage we were able to do to it…

Hopped up on sugar… we attempted to take a self - picture. It didn't work very well - but it's an awesome picture of the corner!

As we left, we walked by the pool

Then we headed to the bus stop - and caught a bus to...
Old 06-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #29
Panic Attack
^_^

Addendum

You take the weirdest pictures: the road, partial shots of resort signs, mayo packets !?!?!?!!?!?!?!

I'd also like to share that Joanna had a particularly difficult time the ENTIRE trip figuring out how to take a picture of ourselves. It never quite sunk in that she need to point the camera a US, the people she's trying to take a picture of... not off to the SIDE ^_^'

And the senior portrait pose was specifically done because your husband took the same pic on your last trip. You should link to it to show the comparison.

I was starving that day. I had only eaten a snack bag of Chex Mix on the plane (best snack food ever, btw). The burger was glorious. As was the ice cream ^_^
Epic Mickey (aka Super Secret Warren Spector Game Project or Junction Point Studios Project #2). Reintroducing the mischievous side of the mouse's personality by arming him with paint and paint thinner to interact with the world.
Official Game Trailer
Behind the Scenes & Gameplay

Click here for a larger version
Old 06-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #30
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Great update! I like the weird pics, btw! Keeps things interesting...

Love the senior portrait pose - we should totally start a "senior portrait pose" trend on the DIS boards. Like everyone should do it and post pics of ourselves doing it in front of the Epcot ball, the castle, the hat, you get the picture! It would be fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: