Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #136
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

You got some nice pictures in China. I especially like the last one of the water lillies. China is just one of those countries that I never seem to take enough pictures of. Even though it always looks so nice, I always seem to come back with 3 or 4 pictures from China and dozens of pictures from a bunch of the other countries. Maybe I'll try and see if I can get some more shots in next time I'm there.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #137
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Thanks for taking us on your journey to China! The pics are so lovely, esp the last one with the water lilies.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #138
beachgirl2000
Mouseketeer

I love your updates!!!!!

And I love the pictures of Epcot which is my favorite Park. Thanks for sharing -- and where can I get a bottle of that exotic water? I have been dying to try that!!!!

(me) (son, 14) (hubby) (molly, 6)

Off Site (04/05) Off Site (10/10)
Off Site (05/06) Royal Pacific/Port Orleans (10/12)
Pop (05/08) Port Orleans FQ (08/14)
AKL (05/09)
Old 07-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #139
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haha, for REAL with the bottle envy! Now it got to go to China!

Hey! I think you live across the street from me! My apartment has the stairs next to a store or something.

Oh wow, I didn't see those stone flowers. That would've brought back such memories because we used to have a really small one although not as bright and colorful
Howdy neighbor! You're smart - your apartment actually has access

I always look at those stone flowers. They're not crazy expensive, but they seem like an impractical souvenir. I don't want to pay for shipping and I'm sure it would break in my suitcase. Plus, they really wouldn't go in my house at all... I'm so jealous you had one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
The Chinese pavilion is so pretty. Unfortunately, we always seem to walk right past it. I'm determined on my next trip to really enjoy all of the pavilions!
I know what you mean. We always spend a ton of time in Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, and Japan... then we start to fade, and skim over the other countries. I really want to make an effort to go counter clockwise next time and really soak in the other countries.

China is one of our favorites I could just spend hours there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
You got some nice pictures in China. I especially like the last one of the water lillies. China is just one of those countries that I never seem to take enough pictures of. Even though it always looks so nice, I always seem to come back with 3 or 4 pictures from China and dozens of pictures from a bunch of the other countries. Maybe I'll try and see if I can get some more shots in next time I'm there.
I like the one of the lillies too. I'll give panic full credit on that one... I was distracted by an exotic bottle of water or something . I had it as my background on my computer for a little while. We have the opposite problem. We come back with dozens of pictures of China and none from the other ones... Maybe we should combine pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Thanks for taking us on your journey to China! The pics are so lovely, esp the last one with the water lilies.
Thanks! I think I read somewhere that China was the first pavilion to open. Maybe that's why it's so beautiful - they put all the detail into the first one? But I could just take pictures of it all day long! The details are just so so so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl2000 View Post
I love your updates!!!!!

And I love the pictures of Epcot which is my favorite Park. Thanks for sharing -- and where can I get a bottle of that exotic water? I have been dying to try that!!!!
Thanks for reading along! Epcot is DH's favorite park, (I don't know if I mentioned this, but mine is AK ) and a close second for me.

I think you have to travel to the exotic "African Outpost" sponsored by some little company, I personally have never heard of before, called Coca Cola to get that kind of water.... but wait we got ours in Norway.... um that's close to Africa right Either way, it's pretty exotic.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #140
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 7 - It's Raining, It's pouring... Japan is getting boring!

As we were walking past the totally exotic “African outpost” towards Germany, it started to rain…. Hoping it would pass quickly, and again, it had been like 15 minutes since we last ate... we hopped into Sommerfest for a pretzel.

These are so tasty – if you haven't had them, they're not at all like the other pretzels in the parks… mmmmm. I didn’t get a picture of it for you, but I did take one of the wall…’cuz…

um…yeah…can’t come up with a reason for that one…

After we enjoyed our pretzel, the rain was still coming down, just not as hard

Seeing the lull as an opportunity, we decided to make a break for it. Since Italy is mostly outside and, the stores are so small we figured they'd be crowded like in Germany, plus we were so not hungry anymore.... Originally we were going to just hop over to America, but seeing that the next show wasn’t for over an hour, and there isn't really much else to do at that pavilion... we were worried about being trapped with nothing to do – so we booked it to Japan.

We got there just before the skys opened up again, and we wandered around the store for quite a while.

The stuff is so cute in this store

We definitely made a good choice, because the rain was showing no signs of stopping

How cute is this alarm clock? I want!

More cuteness!

After about an hour and a half of being trapped in Japan, we had scoured every last inch of the store, and dare I say it... we were bored.

We contenplated making a break for it and heading to Morocco or France, but weren't really sure what we would do there for a long amount of time, and really, the rain wasn't letting up at all. Plus, our ME time approaching (well, we still had like 2 hrs). So, we sucked it up and bought $8 Disney ponchos even though we had nice (free) unused ones back at the Beach Club all usefully packed in our luggage.

Armed with our Ponchos we made the walk to the resort. Thanking the universe that we were at the Beach Club – because when we got there we were soaked. And I'm pretty sure the walk to the BC was closer than the walk to the front of the park. If we’d had to also had to ride a bus all wet and gross we’d have been even less happy.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #141
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Got to love the Disney Pancho collection we all get during our trips. I've headed out on days it doesn't look like rain with my panchos safely in the room....sigh... Wish they'd change the design every year so at least I get new souvenirs!

I like your pretzel comments. Looking forward to dinner at Boatwrights!

TK
Old 07-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #142
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Love all your WS pictures! I really need to spend more time there exploring. There's so much to see and we always just pass right by.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #143
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Sorry to hear about the rain troubles. That stinks that you left your ponchos in the room.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #144
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Got to love the Disney Pancho collection we all get during our trips. I've headed out on days it doesn't look like rain with my panchos safely in the room....sigh... Wish they'd change the design every year so at least I get new souvenirs!

I like your pretzel comments. Looking forward to dinner at Boatwrights!

TK
I agree. I'd be much less hesitant to fork over $8 each if they were at least a little unique! We kept talking about going back to China to get that panda umbrella - probally should have done that instead. Would have been a little more unique, and we got soaked anyway. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Love all your WS pictures! I really need to spend more time there exploring. There's so much to see and we always just pass right by.
We love just drinking and eating around the Showcase. When we go for a week, we try to schedule 2 Epcot days, one for FW and one for WS. I love it there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Sorry to hear about the rain troubles. That stinks that you left your ponchos in the room.
We felt kind of stupid being burned the second time leaving our ponchos, but oh well. At least we'll be back soon, so we weren't too bummed... just wet!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #145
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Want to know how cultured I am? I know that picture of the waves. Why? Because you can buy it in Pet Society on Facebook ...

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 07-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #146
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Want to know how cultured I am? I know that picture of the waves. Why? Because you can buy it in Pet Society on Facebook ...
He he.... I'm impressed for sure! You worldly Facebook user
Old 07-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #147
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - part 8 - Drying off and packing up

We made it to the Beach Club, and we were again saved from drowning by the lifeguards. We made our way directly to bell services and were greeted by a friendly CM who gladly took us back into the storeroom to find our stuff and get some dry clothes. I think we were amusing him with our commentary and discussion of clammin’ pants.

He gave us a bag for our wet clothes, and directed us to a bathroom so we could change. Poor sad wet clothes.

Unfortunately, Panic’s shoes were a casualty of the rain and she needed to buy something. I also needed to get a bag to carry the clothes that she didn’t take home, so we headed to the store. Panic got some clog-crocs which she wasn’t happy about. They only had an ugly brown color, but we walked over to the Yacht Club too, and they had flip flops, but no shoes. So she begrudgingly ended up with the clog crocs. At least they match her clammin’ pants.

There was a special if you spent $40 you could get a 2 piece luggage set for $15. So, I bought a set of earrings for my MIL that she requested, and we got the suitcases.

Then we sat in the lobby and re-organized all of our crap and struck up a conversation with the DVC CM. We had about 45 minutes until our ME, so we chatted with the CM for a while. It was a very strange hilarious conversation surrounding the Midwest and the “Big Butter” “Touchdown” Jesus that burned down in Ohio.

It was soon time to go out to the ME, so we finished situating our things and headed outside. And then déjà vue came over me - and not in a good way…
Old 07-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #148
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I like your sister's crocs. They look like little boat shoes and look most excellent with her clam diggers
Old 07-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #149
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

December PTR started

Hey all, if you're not sick of me yet, I started my December PTR

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post37489237
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #150
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I like your sister's crocs. They look like little boat shoes and look most excellent with her clam diggers
It's definitely a fashion statement, only an icon like Panic could pull off

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: