Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #91
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

66 more days and it will be my turn. Do you consider yourself an artist? I am reading between the lines (your door, flatties and picture commentations) your pictures show much artistry in them.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #92
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

More great photos.

Strange how we don't often visit the places on our doorstep. Italy must be only a 2 or 3 hour flight, but I've never been.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #93
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
66 more days and it will be my turn. Do you consider yourself an artist? I am reading between the lines (your door, flatties and picture commentations) your pictures show much artistry in them.
I do like to make things, not sure if I'd call it art though I appreciate your complements

Hope you have a fab time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
More great photos.

Strange how we don't often visit the places on our doorstep. Italy must be only a 2 or 3 hour flight, but I've never been.
Thanks, know we've never been to Italy - we'll definately go back though it was beautiful.
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #94
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Dinner, I think this is bruchetta

Tomato and mozerella salad

I'm not sure what this was

Soup

Ceasar salad

I think this was a curry dish

Chicken

Beef

Chicken strips and fries

Fish

Rocky road sundae

I think this was a crumble?

The next day we started with breakfast at Lumieres (this turned out to be our favourite spot for breakfast)

Waffles, french toast and bacon

It also came with a yummy cream

The port this day was La Spezia Italy - it's fairly close to Pisa and Florence is a bit futher. We stayed close by and went to Lerici and did the Lerici's Castle and Dinosaurs

We could see the ship from Lerici, this was taken on the way there - you can see the castle

A couple of our tours in Italy were by Trumpy Tours - this name made us laugh They gave our hand wipes which was nice.

We were dropped off near the coast and walked down to the harbour

It was pedestrianised and there was a pretty garden there

You could see the castle a little closer

DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Old 07-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #95
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Our guide was telling us about the area, I was interested to learn Mary Shelly and Lord Byron had stayed nearby

We walked along by the harbour

These flowers were so colourful

They had some nice boats for sale

We walked through the narrow streets, there were lots of different shops

Old 07-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #96
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

This church was at the top of the hill - it used to be a leprosy hospital

A marble bollard

The doors were very ornate

We were given some time to look at the shops before we met back at the harbour. We then set off up the hill towards the castle

This made me laugh

It was quite steep in places but not a very long walk

A random drain cover

Some flowers growing out the wall

There were some lovely views when we got around the corner

The top of the castle

Looks like someones sock fell on the floor and someone put it on the front door!

A shadow pic

Old 07-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #97
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

From up here you could see the ship in the distance but it was very hazy

You can just about make out the ship between the wall on the left and the land on the right

I thought the wall of the castle was pretty cool, it was a steep slope probably a little too steep to climb - there were loads of flowers growing out of it

A trash can!

Another shot of the ship

The ship is still there!

We climbed up a path and went inside the castle

There was a small gift shop with some dinosaur bits

It was a shame this was all in Italian but the photos were quite interesting

Apart from the walls and floors there wasn't much about the castle, they did have a chapel that was pretty much empty

The well worn steps that lead in - mind your step!

On the ceiling in one half of the room

This just covered a deep looking hole

Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #98
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

We then went up to the roof

I don't think a net will stop dinosaurs

They were flying the cross of St. George which is also the English flag

Looking down from the roof to the path we took into the castle

The tower of the castle

The walls were really thick in places

There were quite a few pigeons up there

An escape hatch?

They had some snacks, the cookies and cake tasted home made, we were able to help ourselves to snacks and drinks

The flatties liked it up there

DH on his iPhone!

There were various plants and herbs up here

I think I was trying to get a shot of a bee on the lavender

We spent quite a lot of time up there but it gave me a chance to get loads of picture - and eat plenty of snacks!

Old 07-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #99
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Then it was time for the tour. The guide from the castle couldn't speak English so our Italian/French speaking tour guide translated (she spoke English very well despite her not speaking it often, she mainly did French tours!)

He explained all about dinosaurs - how they moved, predator/prey basic stuff but great for the kids

Another plant growing out the building

They had some fossilised foot prints found nearby

I think Gav was hiding from some of the animals

Another hole!

Another shot with flash but I still couldn't see all the way down!

Old 07-13-2010, 02:37 AM   #100
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

More great photos, thanks. I'm not a great fan of anything dinosaur but the castle looked great .. can't believe how thick those walls were!

If you don't mind, I'm going to steal your idea of the Flatties for my cruise in 2 weeks. My partner was not able to get the time off work, so although I'll have fun with my mum, sister and niece, it won't be the same without him. I'll make him into a Flattie and he can come along then!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #101
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Such beautiful pictures!

Excursion looks like fun for the entire family.
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #102
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Great photos. I so wish I could do this cruise all over again.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #103
lucy0558
Mouseketeer

Thank you for taking the time to write this TR. It feels like I was there myself wtih all the lovely photographs. I agree with a previous poster that you definately have an artistic eye! Can't wait for the rest of your report.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #104
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Your photos are amazing!

I don't think I saw it posted but what type of camera did you use?

Keep it going!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #105
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
More great photos, thanks. I'm not a great fan of anything dinosaur but the castle looked great .. can't believe how thick those walls were!

If you don't mind, I'm going to steal your idea of the Flatties for my cruise in 2 weeks. My partner was not able to get the time off work, so although I'll have fun with my mum, sister and niece, it won't be the same without him. I'll make him into a Flattie and he can come along then!

Yeah the dinosaur thing was a bit random but at least it gives the place a purpose

Go for it I'm sure your partner will love it Are you doing a TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Such beautiful pictures!

Excursion looks like fun for the entire family.
Thanks.
I thought the kids did really well with all the walking and the information wasn't really geared towards kids but they behaved really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Great photos. I so wish I could do this cruise all over again.

Corinna
us too - maybe next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy0558 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to write this TR. It feels like I was there myself wtih all the lovely photographs. I agree with a previous poster that you definately have an artistic eye! Can't wait for the rest of your report.
Thanks, I'll do a bit more tonight - tomorrow night we're seeing TS3 (it's only been released in cinemas here today ) but I'll try and get a bit more up later in the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Your photos are amazing!

I don't think I saw it posted but what type of camera did you use?

Keep it going!
Thanks it's a Sony HX1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: