Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #91
jblrn2b
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=saintstickets;37428511]Thanks. DS used the pool one day but we did not. The room was great! It was not one that had been refurbished but it was fine for us. Let us know how your trip goes.

Do you remember what bldg you were in? Will let you know how our trip goes!!! getting so excited.

When we come back we start right into pop warner . Can't wait for football season to start!!!! Drew Brees (sp) is one class act I have to say!!!! - From Patriot nation.

DVC Members September 2008!
Me, DH, DS 17, DS 11.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #92
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblrn2b View Post
Do you remember what bldg you were in? Will let you know how our trip goes!!! getting so excited.

When we come back we start right into pop warner . Can't wait for football season to start!!!! Drew Brees (sp) is one class act I have to say!!!! - From Patriot nation.
We were in room 6212 (building 62) and it is very convenient to the HH even though it is not designated as a HH booking.

I have to agree about Drew Brees. It is nice to see someone that reaches the apex of their profession in sports that still remains humble and honored. That is not always the case. Too bad I couldn't have been at WDW when he was there after the SB!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #93
jblrn2b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
We were in room 6212 (building 62) and it is very convenient to the HH even though it is not designated as a HH booking.

I requested that bldg lets see if I get it.

I have to agree about Drew Brees. It is nice to see someone that reaches the apex of their profession in sports that still remains humble and honored. That is not always the case. Too bad I couldn't have been at WDW when he was there after the SB!
Totally agree - very humble/likable.

DVC Members September 2008!
Me, DH, DS 17, DS 11.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #94
CooperPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the great trip report, I especially loved the info about the Dessert Party. Our last day there it will just be me my husband and our 4 year old and I think to have Tinker Bell fly over her, would just be the icing on the cake. DH and I will discuss it but I think it will be a definate for us. Thanks again.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #95
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperPrincesses View Post
Thanks so much for the great trip report, I especially loved the info about the Dessert Party. Our last day there it will just be me my husband and our 4 year old and I think to have Tinker Bell fly over her, would just be the icing on the cake. DH and I will discuss it but I think it will be a definate for us. Thanks again.
My pleasure Princess.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #96
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I know...I know...This has nothing to do with my Trip Report but I could not resist sharing a pic of one of our nation's finest guarding the 2010 Super Bowl Trophy! HooRah and WhoDat!!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #97
Bourquefam
BBQnDISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
This is my first trip report so be gentle!
Here's the background - DH (54), DW (46), DS (25), DD (22) & DD boyfriend (22).

This is our first trip to WDW in nearly 3 years. We purchased a small DVC contract at OKW in Nov, 2009 so this was our first "trip home". We live in south Mississippi and it is a 600 mile drive each way to WDW. Our DS recently moved to north Alabama so he flew in to meet us while the rest of us drove down. Since it is a 10 hour drive, we knew we would be arriving late. We purchased the dining plan and if we had stayed at OKW that first night, we would have had to purchase that extra day on the plan for all 5 of us and not been able to use it. Therefore, we stayed at the Buena Vista Suites on a deal found here on the DISboards. A 2 room suite for only $99/night (tax included). Hard to beat that deal!

We made it to the hotel, checked in and decided to eat at the Cheesecake Factory in Orlando. DS's twin brother lives out on the west coast and works at one while attending school. This was our first visit and it was very good. The menu is more like a booklet with so many items. Needless to say, the desserts are fantastic too. I would compare it to many of the better restaurants at WDW for the food but it is hard to beat the atmosphere at Mickey's place!

DS's flight arrived at 11:20 at MCO so we checked out and picked him up at the airport. No problems there except I suspect my Garmin GPS and the FL DOT are in collusion to send me through every toll booth around to collect those fares! We arrived at OKW after MORE tolls around 12:30.

Check-in is not until 4:00. We did the online check-in and I do not know if it made any difference, but our room was ready! DW and I are going to purchase AP's but we had purchased park tickets for the 3 "kids" through UndercoverTourist. The CM added them directly to the room key without a problem. As previously mentioned, we had purchased the DP (TS meal, CS meal and a snack) for our stay and those were added to each of our room keys as well. It took less than 10 minutes from arrival until we were headed to our room! I don't know about you but that is scary for me! That guy in Murphy's Law is a relative of mine so for something to go so easy is not the norm for me!!!
Hey Saintstickets!!! We just booked our 2011 trip for the week before Memorial Day weekend. We'll arrive May 20 and depart either the 27th or 28th. Memorial Day is the 30th next year, so we won't even be at the parks to worry about that weekend's crowds. Thing is, I'm wondering about crowd levels during the week prior? How busy is it? We've been during Easter break and summer break and both were really busy. Can we expect slightly better crowds (please!)? We've gone for our Mardi Gras break and that was really great weather and crowds, but the kids had to miss 3 days of school since they were only off on Monday and Tuesday.

Any feedback on crowds the weekend before and week before Memorial Day weekend would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, A~ (fellow Saints Fan- Who Dat?)
'09- Disneyland, Disneyland Hotel & Grand Californian
'10- WDW, Fort Wilderness, site 711!
'11- WDW, Beach Club & Universal, Royal Pacific CL
'12- Universal's Royal Pacific Resort Jurassic Kids Suite
'13- WDW, Boardwalk Inn & Polynesian CL

First and only trip report---Fort Wilderness 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2551901
Old 09-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #98
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourquefam View Post
Hey Saintstickets!!! We just booked our 2011 trip for the week before Memorial Day weekend. We'll arrive May 20 and depart either the 27th or 28th. Memorial Day is the 30th next year, so we won't even be at the parks to worry about that weekend's crowds. Thing is, I'm wondering about crowd levels during the week prior? How busy is it? We've been during Easter break and summer break and both were really busy. Can we expect slightly better crowds (please!)? We've gone for our Mardi Gras break and that was really great weather and crowds, but the kids had to miss 3 days of school since they were only off on Monday and Tuesday.

Any feedback on crowds the weekend before and week before Memorial Day weekend would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, A~ (fellow Saints Fan- Who Dat?)
We've been twice around Memorial Day weekend both before and after. According to the TouringPlans.com crowd calendar, the week before Memorial Day weekend will be crowd levels 5 or 6. However, from Friday 5/27 - Tuesday 5/31 the crowd level increases to 7, 8 or 9. There is a Star Wars weekend 5/20-5/22 & 5/27-5/29 and then Gay Days week starts Tuesday, 6/02/11. Compare those crowd levels to Easter weekend which is the maximum level 10. Starting in late June thru the end of August, the crowd levels rarely ever get below level 8.

With that said, crowd levels 5, 6 and even 7 are very manageable and I think you will be pleasantly surprised expecially comparing them to when you have been during Easter weekend. The more popular rides will still be better if you use FastPass but you can easily work your way around and rarely have more than a 30 minute wait for most rides. Get there early or stay late and you can miss most lines too.

Hope you have a great trip. We scheduled our trip after Thanksgiving to be in between Saints home games! WHO DAT!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: