Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #61
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemoms View Post
I think you posted, but what was the price for the dessert? And with that you got special seats to see wishes?
Wishes Dessert Party posted price is $25.99ea (10 & older) and $13.99ea (age 3-9). The DVC price is $21.99 for 10 & older. Not sure for ages 3-9. Of course you add 6.5% tax to the total. You get an assigned table on the terrace of the Noodle Station in Tomorrowland. The number of tables are limited in order to keep the crowd down and make it even more special.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 06-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #62
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettaboo View Post
Loved this report..we are heading to OKW in July in a 2bedroom! We/ have 6 people but 3 are kids...do you have any pics of the second bedroom

Do you think the wishes party was worth it??
The Wishes Dessert Party was worth it for us. The desserts were fantastic, not having to fight the crowds for the fireworks display and having Tinkerbell fly right over the top of you made it very nice indeed.

This pic is a bit grainy but it is the 2nd BR in a dedicated 2BR at OKW...

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #63
minniemoms
There's no place like Disney

Who did you book this thru? Ahead of time? Did you go thru DVC? is that where you got on the DDP.
Looked and saw that if you go in Sept. you DDP is free? Is that really for all in your party?
Too late to change now

Old 06-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #64
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

What a great trip report. I really enjoyed it. In the final analysis what is your feeling about DDP vs TIW?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #65
Nettaboo
DIS Veteran

thanks!! for the picture!
Old 06-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #66
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemoms View Post
Who did you book this thru? Ahead of time? Did you go thru DVC? is that where you got on the DDP.
Looked and saw that if you go in Sept. you DDP is free? Is that really for all in your party?
Too late to change now
The Wishes Dessert Party can be reserved by calling 407-WDW-DINE. I wouldn't wait too late to book it. I called DVC to add the DP to our trip. The DDP free offers cannot be done with a DVC stay. Those are for cash bookings only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VrBchJ View Post
What a great trip report. I really enjoyed it. In the final analysis what is your feeling about DDP vs TIW?
Thanks for the comment. We decided to do the DDP this time since our adult children were with us. That way if we split up, they had their meals taken care of without us there. We are going to use the TIW instead of the DDP on our next trip after Thanksgiving when it is just DW and I. DDP vs TIW, IMO, depends on your eating habits. If you don't care about appetizers or adult beverages and like desserts with every meal, then the DDP is for you. If you prefer appetizers over desserts, want to split an entree or imbibe in a libation from time to time, I think the TIW is better. We shall see this fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettaboo View Post
thanks!! for the picture!
You are more than welcome.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #67
Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran

Smile

Enjoyed every word & piccie! Thanks!

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Old 06-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #68
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Ku Tiki View Post
Enjoyed every word & piccie! Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #69
silmarg
SIL

Hey Bill!

How ya doin'. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the trip report! You are makin me jealous with your trip to WDW.

Are you ready for some football?

The date for our next trip has been moving around, but it sounds like i will be there during the Kickoff weekend. I will wear my Saints gear in WDW - esp on Sept 9 when we beat the Vikings - again!

For this trip we are staying at Pop (as we had a "bounce back" the free dining
offer from last year... so we pay $80 for a room and get ~$135 in "free" dining - that is hard to beat). We will do the final day or two in a DVC... but are saving the points for a stay in the Grand Cal in February.

I have some comments re: your thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
We purchased the dining plan and if we had stayed at OKW that first night, we would have had to purchase that extra day on the plan for all 5 of us and not been able to use it.
Not sure if you know, but you dont have to use 1TS, 1CS and 1snack each day. You could've stayed in OKW the first day and used the additional meal allotments on a different day (or use the additional TS at a signature restaurant).

That said, I love the Dining Plan when its free (this will likely be my last trip with that benefit as we plan to use DVC more often), but when it comes to paying for the DP vs TIW, I tend to favor the TIW. Then again my facts are different than yours - I have a DD that is 11. To pay $42 for her DP is just plain nuts.

And BTW, you and DW will love Victoria & Alberts. I went there w DW on our 1st anniversay (many years ago) and it was fantastic.

Quote:
We have not seen Muppet 3D or Toy Story Mania before and we did not have enough time this trip.
YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ON YOU STORY MANIA! OMG! Best attraction in WDW. You MUST do it in Nov.

Quote:
I've met lots of nice folks and even chatted with a fellow DVCer from New York that flew down to New Orleans and we met at the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game earlier this year.
Awe schucks!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - 2BR Kidani Savannah / BLT Studio
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean
Old 06-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #70
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
Hey Bill!

How ya doin'. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the trip report! You are makin me jealous with your trip to WDW.

Are you ready for some football?

The date for our next trip has been moving around, but it sounds like i will be there during the Kickoff weekend. I will wear my Saints gear in WDW - esp on Sept 9 when we beat the Vikings - again!

For this trip we are staying at Pop (as we had a "bounce back" the free dining
offer from last year... so we pay $80 for a room and get ~$135 in "free" dining - that is hard to beat). We will do the final day or two in a DVC... but are saving the points for a stay in the Grand Cal in February.

I have some comments re: your thread...

Not sure if you know, but you dont have to use 1TS, 1CS and 1snack each day. You could've stayed in OKW the first day and used the additional meal allotments on a different day (or use the additional TS at a signature restaurant).

That said, I love the Dining Plan when its free (this will likely be my last trip with that benefit as we plan to use DVC more often), but when it comes to paying for the DP vs TIW, I tend to favor the TIW. Then again my facts are different than yours - I have a DD that is 11. To pay $42 for her DP is just plain nuts.

And BTW, you and DW will love Victoria & Alberts. I went there w DW on our 1st anniversay (many years ago) and it was fantastic.

YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ON YOU STORY MANIA! OMG! Best attraction in WDW. You MUST do it in Nov.
Thanks for the kind words. I didn't realize how time consuming posting a TR could be until I did this one, especially with lots of pictures. It was fun though and if anybody has been able to garnish any information, I consider it just "paying forward" all the advice and tips I have received here on the DISboards.

We thought about doing a signature restaurant using 2 TS credits as you mentioned but we already had our ADR's for the other nights. It was convenient to eat at OKW's Olivia's restaurant right after we arrived and their food is pretty good too. Sounds like you have a fantastic deal with free dining and low rates at POP. We tried the DDP this time but I believe DW and I will use TIW from now on. DDP is not a bad deal if your eating habits fit with the plan (i.e. dessert at every meal) but we like appetizers and a dessert only every once in a while so the TIW will be better for us.

We already have our ADR's for our Nov/Dec trip.
Sunday is Jiko at AKV
Monday starts out with the Backstage Magic tour (7 hrs long) followed by ADR at Victoria & Albert's at GF
Tuesday is Crystal Palace at MK to be followed by MVMCP
Wednesday is Tutto Italia at EP to be followed by the Candlelight Processional
Thursday is Kouzzina at BWV
Friday is Bistro de Paris at EP

Are you starting to see a pattern of how we plan our trips yet? We also plan on visiting each resort to see their Christmas decorations and I suppose at sometime we will actually ride something at one of the parks! We will definately hit TSM though. It is due to be down in August for a short time to add features from the Toy Story 3 movie.

Too bad your fall trip doesn't end on September 9th so y'all could swing by New Orleans on the way home and attend the season opener. Just a slight diversion, right? DS1 moved to Huntsville, AL two months ago to start a new job and has already asked off in order to come back home and for us to go to the game! If that game is anywhere close to as exciting as the one we saw last year (and hopefully with the same results!), then it will be a blast. The Saints are having a private ceremony Wednesday, 6/16/10 to pass out their SB rings. That will be a fantastic party...during AND afterwards!! You know how much those Louisiana Cajuns and us south Mississippi wanna-be Cajuns love to party!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #71
mousiemom
adam lambert lover!

yes, hi neighbor! we are all in oil land right? you will absolutely LOVE the osborne lights. we are going the exact same week yall are in dec. that is the best week to go btw. i love going to disney looking at all of the decorations and wearing a jacket and gloves!!!

[]75-DL/80-WDW/97-WDW/99-DISNEYMOON-ASM/02-DD 1ST TRIP-ASM/04-ASM/05-POP/06-POP/1/07-POP/5/07-POR/8/07-SSR/12/07-POP/1/08-POP/6/08-DL-HOJO/9/08-POP/12/08-ASM/2/09-POP/5/09-POP/9/09-POP/12/09-POP/5/10-POP/12/10-POP/11/11-POPBC12/11-POP-11/12POP 4/13/POP-11/13Offsite-4/14/POP-11/14
Old 06-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #72
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousiemom View Post
yes, hi neighbor! we are all in oil land right? you will absolutely LOVE the osborne lights. we are going the exact same week yall are in dec. that is the best week to go btw. i love going to disney looking at all of the decorations and wearing a jacket and gloves!!!
We'll meet you at the Hardees on the Loxley exit off I-10 and we'll caravan down to WDW!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #73
mousiemom
adam lambert lover!

i know where that is!! we will be leaving early that morning but be looking for a black sienna van with disney stuff all on the back!!

[]75-DL/80-WDW/97-WDW/99-DISNEYMOON-ASM/02-DD 1ST TRIP-ASM/04-ASM/05-POP/06-POP/1/07-POP/5/07-POR/8/07-SSR/12/07-POP/1/08-POP/6/08-DL-HOJO/9/08-POP/12/08-ASM/2/09-POP/5/09-POP/9/09-POP/12/09-POP/5/10-POP/12/10-POP/11/11-POPBC12/11-POP-11/12POP 4/13/POP-11/13Offsite-4/14/POP-11/14
Old 06-18-2010, 03:19 AM   #74
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Hi Loved the TR great job. I really appreciated the cost comparison for the dining plan. UMMM can't say as I'm a Saints fan though as I'm from Indy...hehe congrat's.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #75
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper* View Post
Hi Loved the TR great job. I really appreciated the cost comparison for the dining plan. UMMM can't say as I'm a Saints fan though as I'm from Indy...hehe congrat's.
Hi Colts fan! Thanks for the kind words about the TR. I have to admit that if the Saints were to lose to anyone, I was glad it would have been to Peyton and the Colts....but naturally I am glad it worked out the way it did. How about another meeting in Dallas for Super Bowl XLV?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: