Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #121
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LittleVols View Post
I'm late, but I'm here!! Enjoying your tales so far. We had monorail issues all week, too, especially towards the end of the week. LOVE the TH breakfast pics! We missed it this time and I was really sad.
Hi Julia! Welcome back and welcome to my TR! The monorail issues... Missing TH this trip sounds like a great reason to start planning the next trip.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #122
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Queenofallthings;36933731]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
First and foremost: Yahooooo! You have dates Q!!!!

Breakfast at TH was awesome and you definitely should give it a try if it fits into your plan. The girls' outfits were from Gymboree. They were really cute, but the girls wrecked them midday with a Mickey bar. We ended up swapping out shirts right before the GG.

Now, I have to start planning a quick August 2011 trip. [/QUOTE

We will definitely be eating there in August for sure!!!

I remember the first year we took Jasmine and she spilled blue powerade all over her outfit.... I can laugh now!

I was hoping you were going to say that!!! The plan as of right now is 2 weeks at AKL with my sis and her family and then Jasmine and I might stay on for another week at one of the value resorts with free dining!
OOooooh your plan for next year sounds awesome. As you firm things up we will start to look at some dates for us to come down for a visit.

I was kind of bummed that they wrecked their shirts. Had a top secret plan for Mary's girls and mine to match.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #123
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
Not a problem. I thought he was funny!

We do think alike. TH is awesome!
TH will be a staple for us going forward I think. Glad Joe didn't run you off. People don't know how to take him sometimes.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #124
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Great trip report so far! We were there about the same time (May 21st to May 30th at Jambo House).

We were at AK on Sun, 5/23, so you know I'll be searching for us in your pics.

The Tusker House breakfast looks fun. We went there for lunch that day and enjoyed it, but we may have to take the girls to breakfast there next time.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #125
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I just realized that I forgot to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LEANNE! Sometimes, I'm a little slow on the uptake.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #126
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
Great trip report so far! We were there about the same time (May 21st to May 30th at Jambo House).

We were at AK on Sun, 5/23, so you know I'll be searching for us in your pics.

The Tusker House breakfast looks fun. We went there for lunch that day and enjoyed it, but we may have to take the girls to breakfast there next time.
Hi there! Welcome to my TR! How cool that we were in the same places at the same time. If you see yourself, you have to let me know.

We had dinner at TH that night so I have some info coming on that too.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #127
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I just realized that I forgot to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LEANNE! Sometimes, I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Thanks Lisa! No worries.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #128
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

AK Day Part 2!

I apologize in advance for this update as I have more video than actual pics and instead of boring you with videos of my family, we will just talk about it and do it without pics. Hope that works!

So as we were leaving TH, we saw the CM's with the rope walking right in front of us and a huge crowd behind them. We quickly joined in the front of the parade and made our way over to KS.

There was no wait in line whatsoever. The line moved quickly and within a few minutes we were in our safari vehicle. Along the way I managed to take these:

Isn't this little baby rhino cute??

As we were nearing the end of our Safari, this ostrich came charging at our vehicle and attacked the front end. It was really funny. The CM said that was the first time she had ever seen that happen. Apparently, the ostrich had eggs and was trying to protect them. Nonetheless, it was entertaining.

After the safari, we started making our way over to Expedition Everest. On the way, we ran into Flik. The girls had never had their pic taken with Flik so we decided to stop. Flik was a lot of fun. Both girls had pig tails (or dog ears as they are called around here) and he had them hold them up like antennae.

As we were leaving that area, we saw Baloo and King Louie. The girls wanted to meet them as well, so as they did that, I ran off to EE to get us some fastpasses. Normally, Joe would have grabbed them and I would have headed to KS first but the breakfast kind of changed that plan. Nonetheless, we had a fastpass return time just shortly after 11am so it wasn't a big deal. While I was getting the FP's, here's what the others were up to...

There was still some time to spare before we could ride EE, so we decided to see if Josie would be able to ride Kali River Rapids. We got up there and it was no problem at all. She was tall enough (w/o the big kid shoes ). She loved it...me not so much. Josie and I got completely drenched from head to toe. I had my fingers crossed that it wouldn't be too bad, but it wasn't meant to be this time. As we were getting off, she started fussing that she wanted to do it again but I said no way.

After that, we headed over to the 10:30am FOW show. I had read Sarah's (wdwgirl03) review and decided we needed to check it out. The girls really enjoyed it and were very quiet and still throughout the show. The only noise they made was some laughter at the quirky jokes. After the show, it was finally time to go on EE.

We did a Rider Swap for this one. While Joe and Lindsey rode, Josie and I hung back. About the time they were coming off the ride, I ran into Presto (our friends son) and then my brother showed up. When Joe and Lindsey came off the ride I grabbed Lindsey, Presto, and my brother and we all rode EE together. It was a blast!

After EE, we walked over to Dinoland. We rode the Triceratops (this ended up being our longest wait of the day!!) and then James decided he needed to eat so we let him eat while we had an ice cream. This is the moment when the girls both DESTROYED their cute tops.

After everyone was refreshed, we headed over to the FOTLK. Along the way we ran into Dana (racefanof88) and her family. We stopped and chatted for a little bit, and then both went on to have more fun. Along the way to FOTLK, we decided there was plenty of time to see ITTBAB as there was only a 10 minute wait. We watched it together and finished it with about 30 minutes to spare. We made it over to FOTLK and waited in line for about 20 minutes before they let us in. It worked out well because we got in the second row very close to the show.

The girls were selected to be take part in the dancing toward the end of the show. They had a great time. This is one place where I wish I had gotten a pic or two. They really enjoyed it.

After the show, my girls decided they were hungry so we stopped by Pizzafari and got some eats and drinks. Everyone got pizza and we found a nice big cool table and just chilled out. It was another nice break.

After the break it was about time for the parade. We met Mary (MaryAZ) and her family in the exact location we watched it together last year. It's amazing to me how well our girls get along and how much they love each other for just the little bit of time they have spent together.

Here they are behind the tape line ready for the parade to begin.

Yay the parade is starting!

The parade was fun but afterwards, we had to say goodbye to my brother and Mary and Jeff. We were meeting back with Mary, Jeff and the girls later so it wasn't too bad.

We had a few hours to spare before the GG, so we decided that we had plenty of time to do some things we normally would skip. We tried to head over to the Jungle Trek but the parade was blocking our path. Poor Joe and I had to stop by the bar outside TH and have an adult beverage. We are so mistreated aren't we???

After a drink, which was very refreshing, we headed over and walked the path. We ended up doing both exploration trails and it was really kind of fun break. There wasn't hardly anyone back there so we took our time and enjoyed the mostly shady stroll. It was a great way to unwind and prepare to meet our friends for the GG!

Up Next: the Safari Celebration GG

Last edited by leamom2princesses; 06-09-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #129
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a fun update! I can't believe the ostrich attacked the safari truck. That's strange! We saw the little rhino on our safari too and he was the cutest thing.

It's been a couple of years since we've seen Flik but I love him. The pictures of the girls and their antennae are so cute. I really like it when a character goes out of the way to interact with the park goers.

I was glad to read that Josie was tall enough to ride Kali River Rapids and that she liked it. We skipped it this year because we simply didn't feel like walking around the park soaking wet.

Festival of the Lion King is one of our very favorite shows. I don't think I'll ever tire of it. Too bad you weren't able to get a few pictures of the girls participating.

The pictures of your girls and Mary's sitting together were so sweet. It's amazing how kids can form a friendship so quickly.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #130
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

That sounds like it was a wonderful day at AK. I love that park so much. We are animal people.

What a cute pic of the girls with Flik!

Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #131
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

What a great update. We also saw FOTLK this time too. Was really cute. The parade was great-thanks for saving us some seats. We did Kali but not get soaked. I knew one of my girls would wreck the shirts so I had them change later. Avery did wreck her zebra dress with a Mickey bar after the parade I am going to check out those trails in Dec. Man, seeing all the pics makes me miss it and you guys more.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #132
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww, a baby rhino! Very cute. I love the safari.

haha, awesome picture with Flik and the "antennae"!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #133
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

LOVE the Flik pictures!! They're sooooo cute!!! Looks like a fun day!!!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #134
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

What a great morning and you guys met up with so many friends; how fun!

We have yet to bring Ashton to see FOTLK that is one that will most definatley be on the list next go round (whenever that may be ).
The girls sound like they were having the time of their lives.

Love the Flik pictures and King Louis & Baloo your girls are precious!

Connie
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #135
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Catching up...

The girls look adorable with their leis on their heads. The show seems interesting but I think I would rather watch the traditional dancing at the end since you said it seems so much better.

Wow, those pictures are expensive! I am really looking forward to our breakfast at TH! The food looks so good.

What a great day at Ak! I am really looking forward to having some of the same experiences you have but perhaps not KRR.

Looking forward to reading about the GG.
September 2010 PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: