Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

Celebrating 2 year Anniversary at GF and doing MNSSHP!! October 11-16 TR DAY 1

Hello Everyone

Welcome to my TR!!!My name is Christina and I am a Disney FANatic. I love everything and all things Disney. I will give you a little intro about my husband and I before I get into our wonderful trip!

Like I said my name is Christina, I am 28 years old. I am an interior designer, I love wine, Bichon Frise's, reading, shopping, decorating my home, entertaining, dinner with friends, being with family and LOVE to travel esp. to Disney...

My DH his name is Geancarlo:, he is 29 years old, he is an architect, he loves wine, zombie films, sports, movies, drawing, architecture, and Traveling

A picture of us!!!

We met in 1999 in HS and have been together ever since, we got engaged in 2006 and married in WDW on October 4, 2008. Here are some pictures of the wedding, if you would like to read on our experience you can check it out here
Happy Reading or Enjoy viewing the pictures!!

For our first anniversary trip we took a cruise on Royal Caribbean, we had such a great time but this year I wanted to come back to the place I love being. We decided to go from the 3rd-8th of October so we can be in Disney the day of our anniversary, but friends of ours were getting married 10-10-10 in Key Largo. So we opted to go to Key Largo first then drive right on up to WDW the day after the wedding.

Stay tuned for day 1
(uploading photos of trip)

Last edited by DisneyFairy19; 10-26-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

Ok Here we go with Day 1 of our vacation!

October 10

We got up in the morning and finished packing our bags for our trip. We needed to make sure we had everything ready because from Key Largo we would drive straight to Orlando the next day.
I was running around our room making sure I had everything such as Halloween costumes, tickets, etc. I think I looked in my planner 5-6 times making sure it was in there.

Finally bags are fully packed and we are ready to hit the road

Gean brought all bags downstairs ready to pack them in the car..

Gean packing up the car and he asking me why I am taking pics of him packing the car..lol

So bags are packed and I am waiting in the car for Gean to finish what he had to do in the garage. So Gean gets in starts the car and the car doesnít start. Are you kidding me? We waited a few seconds and the car still didnít start. Gean calls his dad and his dad comes over and takes a look at the car. Here I am thinking why couldnít the car do this when I have to go to work and not when I am going on vacation. lol

So what happened was when Gean turned the car on he pushed the key far back for too long and somehow the gas pump or whatever over flowed with gas or what not and thatís what caused the car to not start. Great- Lets hit the road now.

We got on the road and we were hungry so we stopped at JuiceBlendz to grab something to eat on the way

I got a tuna melt

Gean got a delicious chicken wrap

After we picked up our food we needed to run my car through a car wash, we just didnít have time to manually wash the car that week before our trip.

After the car wash it was about 12:30. It takes about an hour and half to get to Key Largo so we hit I75 and got on the FL Turnpike South to Key West

The weather was absolutely beautiful, we were so happy for our friends that will have great weather for their outdoor wedding

Gean acting silly and doing the Jersey Shore ĎFist pumpingí we were excited to be on vacation

We ended up driving with the windows down because the South Florida weather was hot but just beautiful and a great day for the beach

After driving for about an hour and 15 we finally came to our destination of our hotel. The Hilton Key Largo Resort.

By the time we checked in and got our luggage it was around 2 and the wedding starts at 3pm. They upgraded our room to the canopy ocean view but that was going to take a half an hour. I didnít have time to wait, so we told them Thank you but we have a wedding in an hour and its not on property and to just give us the room that was assigned to us.

We got our room and we saw Geanís friends downstairs. We chatted with them for a little bit and headed to our room.

Gean being a good husband by ironing my dress while I get ready, he was keeping up with this fantasy football.

Up Next: A beautiful Key Largo wedding!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
DisneyFairy19

cont. day 1

so after getting dressed and being all dolled up. We left to the location of where they were getting married. The grooms father has a beautiful weekend home in Key Largo off the water so they got married in the backyard.

Our friends are very non traditional people, they had cocktail hour before the ceremony and they both walked around and greeted their guests

The sign in table- Their guest book and pen was the Cinderella Coach so I joked with them saying 'I am taking the pen, I love it'

Here is the groom coming to greet us

The beautiful Candy Station

They got married on the jacuzzi, it had a platform on there. The decor and set up was really breathtaking

Some of the guys and groomsmen from my wedding. I love these guys we all went to high school together and they are a trip

The beautiful decor I was able to take one home. Although I gave the orchid to one of the guys since he wanted to give it to his mom.. What a sweetheart
The table was filled with starfish and seashells

The wedding was tropical with a cuban flare, so they asked their guests to dress in the typical cuban attire The Guayabera. So we got the shirt for Gean and a matching dress for me.

My guys, I was the only girl at the table since they are all single..

Here we are wearing our Guayaberas lol

This is typical behavior of the guys. Always goofing off

They had such GREAT food for cocktail
This is tostones or Green plantains with chicken or shrimp

You can see the beautiful bride in her cocktail attire.

Across the pool is their cabana so they had the bar set up underneath it. THey served all types of beverages, especially Mojitos

Last edited by DisneyFairy19; 10-28-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: