Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

8 Days! 2 Resorts! Friends joined us..lots of fun! updated 8/6! *COMPLETE*!!!

Welcome to my Trip Report! This was a trip full of firsts! Our first split stay, we had friends join us and it was their first visit, our kids finally faced their fears and rode big rides for the first time! It was a great time with great weather! May 14 - 21 2010

We are a DVC family of 6!

Wendy and Phil
Lauren 12
Ashley 9
Darren 8
Leah 6 months

The baby did not join us on this trip, she had a wonderful time at home with her Grammy!

We made this trip all about the big kids!

Coming up....Day 1 The kids had no idea we were going to WDW on May 14!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 08-06-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
supersuperwendy

Sub in if you're interested in our adventures!!

Planning..

We were excited to plan this trip with my best friend and her kids. We decided on the dates May 16-21 2010 at Kidani Village. We were using our DVC points for all of the accommodations so she only needed to buy her park passes and dining plan! This was their first visit!

Michelle, Nick (15), Jon (10) and Tina (6)

A few months after we started planning we decided to add a few days at the start of our trip for the 5 of us. Our kids really wanted to stay at Bay Lake Tower after seeing the model at SSR last year. At my 7 month window we were able to book a two bedroom standard view! THAT WAS A SURPRISE FOR THE KIDS....
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
supersuperwendy

Day 1

Day 1 May 14, 2010

May 14 started off like any other day in our house. I got up early to go drive my school bus and my husband got the kids off to school. The only thing different than usual was that my mother in law (Grammy) was at our house. She arrived from Michigan the night before! Our kids were so excited because they thought there was only 2 days left until WDW. I was home by 9 am and got all of the luggage ready. I went over the baby's routine and stuff with Grammy and we were all set to go!

May 14th was a half day for our school district so we booked an afternoon flight. At 11 am my husband picked Ashley and Darren up from school early. At 11:20 Lauren stepped off her bus and our ride to airport was out front waiting for us! That's when we yelled surprise and told them were were leaving that very minute! Ashley was going to be going to BBB with Tina later in the week so I had her put on her Minnie Mouse dress for the flight! (It was too puffy to fit in her suitcase)!

Our flight was on time and we were in the air before 3 pm!

We still hadn't revealed where we were going so they assumed Kidani! That was until we got to DME. We got in the line for BLT and Lauren started freaking out saying we were in the wrong line. That we weren't going to get to Kidani, that we were getting on the wrong bus. We kept telling her not to worry we were in the right line. As we approached the bus the driver asked "Which Resort?"! I tried to mouth the words Bay Lake Tower, but the kids saw me! Oh well...the secret was out!

Here we all are on Disney's Magical Express...well technically this was a DCL bus, but they were using it for DME...Everyone was SUPER EXCITED!

We arrived at The Contemporary Resort to check in. There was no wait and the CM was very friendly! It was after 4 pm so our room was ready!

Next up...The Beautiful and Wonderful Bay Lake Tower!
DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 06-03-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Great start Can't wait to hear how you liked BLT.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Great way to start your trip! Lauren looks so cute in her Minnie dress.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Can't wait to to hear all about BLT. I would love to stay there some day.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
supersuperwendy

Day 1 continues! BLT!

Our anticipation was building, I couldn't wait to see our room! We exited CR through their back doors by their pool and took the path to BLT. We entered by the south elevators and went up to the 2nd floor. We had a standard view booked and for once I didn't make any requests! I wanted to be surprised by the view and I'm glad because our view was terrific! Sadly I have no pics of view! We overlooked the courtyard and fountain with the pool off to the right!

The pics we took of the exterior in no way did BLT justice so this pic is complements of someone else!

We booked a 2 bedroom lock off. I wanted dedicated, but there were none available. It worked out fine though, the kids enjoyed having a kitchenette. I do agree with others who have said having the vanity in the kitchen is silly. Here's some pics Phil took with of the room!

We took a look around and quickly ditched our bags! When I was in high school we stayed at CR and I loved walking to The Magic Kingdom so that's what we did! Of course the kids wanted to take the monorail, but I overruled them! haha

Our first stop was City Hall. I was going to upgrade Ashley and Darren to DVC APs, but since we canceled our November trip that wasn't necessary so instead we upgraded them from 7 day hoppers to 8 days hoppers for a total of $6!! We didn't have a ton of time after that since we were going to The Wilderness Lodge for dinner at 8.

On our last trip TTA was still closed so we made a bee line for it!

I HATE the new soundtrack. We said the old one out loud as we rode it!

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow...your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring!"

Next up....Whispering Canyon and EMH at Epcot!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 06-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #8
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Great start Can't wait to hear how you liked BLT.
Thanks! I LOVED BLT and I'll go more in detail about why a little later!

Quote:
Great way to start your trip! Lauren looks so cute in her Minnie dress.
Thanks! That's actually Ashley! Lauren is a total tom-boy!

Quote:
Joining in. Can't wait to to hear all about BLT. I would love to stay there some day.
Stay There!!! You won't regret it!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
supersuperwendy

After TTA we started making our way to the park exit. We did make a quick stop at Buzz Lightyear since standby was 5 min! It was time for dinner and we were all STARVING! We had an 8 pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe so we left MK around 7:15. We took the resort boat launch and it became one of my favorite moments of the whole trip! The weather was PERFECT and the sun was starting to get low in the sky. The boat arrived right away and we were on our way to The Wilderness Lodge! The captain was very nice and knew all kinds of interesting facts about Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Here's some pics of our journey....

Stepping foot onto the WL property felt like deja vous or something! I've seen soooo many pictures of it over the years and it was wonderful to finally see it in person! This was a first for all of us! Everything about the resort is breathtaking in my opinion. We looked around for a little bit and were surprised to find a photopass photographer in the lobby! He snapped a few pictures on our way to the restaurant. We pre ordered the CD so we were trying to get as many photopass pics as possible!

We arrived at the podium 15 min early and were handed a pager and were told it would be a 15-20 wait. The hostess said the pager worked in the Mercantile so that's were we went! Lauren is a big pin collector so of course she wanted to see what they had in stock. We were in the store for no more than 3 minutes when the pager lit up! It was time to eat!!!!

It didn't take long to realize all 5 of us wanted the skillet! Our server was friendly, but not "fun" like some of the others we saw. Ashley was excited to learn "all you can drink" milkshakes were included in her dining plan! The food was pretty good and the kids really enjoyed it. Lauren tends to be a very picky eater, but she put a good dent in it!

I must admit, I'm very lazy about taking my camera out of my bag. Thank goodness Phil always has his cell phone with him! A lot of the above pictures were taken on his phone. The menu and skillet below are dark because his phone has no flash.

After dinner we took the WL bus to Epcot for EMH. We wanted to park hop as much as possible since Michelle's family had base passes and we wouldn't be hopping once they arrived. The bus took a LONG time to pick us up. It was already almost 10 by the time we reached Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth, Nemo and Living with the Land before leaving for the night. We decided to skip taking the bus to BLT. We weren't sure if we could reach it by monorail since MK was closed, but we tried anyway! We took the "tronorail" to the TTC and caught the resort monorail to CR. It was nice to visit the 4th floor of CR. We took the skybridge across to BLT! It was a WONDERFUL first day!

Next up...Day 2...Behind the Seeds!
DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 04-15-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #10
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

I don't blame you...I don't like the new soundtrack either for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Thats why when I go I play the old one on my mp3 player. I love the new Space Mountain though....definiately much darker and a bit scarier. I cant wait to read more about your trip report

Old 06-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDisneyAngelx View Post
I don't blame you...I don't like the new soundtrack either for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Thats why when I go I play the old one on my mp3 player. I love the new Space Mountain though....definiately much darker and a bit scarier. I cant wait to read more about your trip report
That's a great idea and I just might do that myself in the future! I'm hoping at some point they'll bring it back. The new one is boring and too quiet I think.

Space Mountain was great!!! It seemed faster for some reason! Maybe cause it was darker than before?
DVC Members since 2008

Old 06-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #12
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Subscribing

Old 06-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #13
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Great day! WL is so beautiful - a co-worker was there with his family for their first visit and stayed in the Villas side. They loved it (they felt tho that the villas side was remote from the rest of the Lodge but still enjoyed their stay.) I love seeing the pics taken from the boat ride over. I need to make reservations at Whispering Canyon so we can enjoy the food and atmosphere.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #15
supersuperwendy

Thanks for joining in everyone!!!

Quote:
Great day! WL is so beautiful - a co-worker was there with his family for their first visit and stayed in the Villas side. They loved it (they felt tho that the villas side was remote from the rest of the Lodge but still enjoyed their stay.) I love seeing the pics taken from the boat ride over. I need to make reservations at Whispering Canyon so we can enjoy the food and atmosphere.
I would love to stay at VWL!!! That boat ride has me wanting more! I'd love to wake up and take that boat to MK rope drop!!

Quote:
Found your trip report this evening and can't wait to read more! My sister and her family stayed at BLT in November and they too said it was spectacular!!!
BLT has my heart!
DVC Members since 2008

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: