Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #16
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
I haven't made a room request yet. That's funny that you asked that though, cause tonight at work I was thinking about posting that as my next update. I'm kinda leaning towards the 90s section but only because I saw a pic of one of the rooms and on the wall, it had a picture of different things from that decade including "The Little Mermaid" in one corner. Since AJ is such a big fan, I thought that would be pretty cool if that was in the room. But with the refurb that picture may not be in there anymore. The only other request is that I wanted a lakeview room since my fiance is a smoker and most of DSAs at POP seem to be on the lakeview side. Other than that, does anyone have any suggestions for room requests other than the preferred rooms? I also figure that by the time we go, most of the rooms will be refurbed so I probably won't have to make a request for that either.
Did you book a preferred room? I did not. I worry though with my mom. I just don't want to be too far away from the main building and the buses. I am like you though, probably won't have to request for a refurbed room... seems like most are getting done pretty quickly. I think I will watch how it is going and closer to when we are checking in, I might request if it looks like that would be a good idea.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #17
vikkil70
Mouseketeer
 
vikkil70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 155

My boys are 4 and 5 and are very excited. The boys and I are starting to drive DH crazy with all the Disney talk. LOL. I made them countdown calenders so at night before bed they cross off another day. When they do that my oldest always has to tell me how many days left.

Your girls are beautiful! Truly little miracles!

Good luck with your new camera. We just got a new camera after Christmas and I think I'm finally getting used to it. Now I'm on the hunt for a little camcorder.
vikkil70 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #18
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran
 
flamestarrdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,414

I apologize for not posting an update today. I had a very exhausting night at work last night and have been too exhausted to do much of anything. I work 3rd shift and always on the night before I am off, I end up working the hardest. I will definitely be posting an update tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a good week.

Quick question for the experienced Disers, I remember reading about a car service that included a grocery stop in its transportation to WDW. Does anyone know which one that is? We are coming in via amtrak so no ME for us. I am thinking about ordering our small amount of groceries from Garden Grocer but since we have to use a car service anyway, it might be nice to stop at an actual grocery store instead of ordering. Thanks in advance for the info.
__________________
Me 36 DH 36 DD 16 DD 16 Grandma Daisuki

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by flamestarrdust; 06-08-2010 at 12:43 AM.
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #19
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

I understand being exhausted from work. Get some rest so you can plan some more and then tell us all about it.

I did have to laugh though...I was looking at my ticker, yours and vikkil70.

2 months 1wk, then 2 months 2w then finally 2 months 3wks... and all at Pop. What sections are we all hoping to stay in?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran
 
flamestarrdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,414

So for the new update, I thought I'd elaborate about why I picked Cape May Cafe for our first night dinner. It wasn't my first choice and is actually a replacement for my first choice. On my past two visits to WDW, my first night dinner was at Fulton's Crab House. It kind of became a tradition to eat there and spend the first day/night hanging out at DTD. I love the crab, the watermelon martinis and the oysters that come with jalapeno ice slush. I have never had a bad dining experience there. It is one of my favorite restaurants. However, in the past, I wasn't footing the bill for most things that we did on those trips and the kids didn't join us. My friend, who I went with, paid for most of the trip. So now that I am paying for this trip and the kids are coming, Fulton's is a bit out of our price range. So I found Cape May Cafe's Clambake dinner buffet that now includes crab legs hoping it would be a nice alternative. Plus, Cape May is a part of the DDP, where Fulton's is not. I really wish it would be, even as a signature restaurant where you have to use 2 TS credits and not just one. Though, I am thinking since we will be at DTD for the first part of that arrival day (planning to eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich or WPE), I may go over to Fulton's and get dessert or appetizers and drinks. It just feels wrong to not go to Fulton's at all while we're there. Especially since it's been 4 yrs since I last went. The one upside to going to Cape May for dinner is I haven't even been to the BW area. I had planned on going there during my last trip. I even made a reservation at Big River Grille and Brewing Works for lunch on our arrival day. However, both our planes got delayed so instead we just split a sandwich from E of S. It worked out better since we were having a big dinner at Fulton's. So I have a question for anyone who might have tried both. If you have tried both Fulton's and Cape May Cafe Dinner, what is your opinion on both? I am really hoping to love Cape May but still feel a little unsure.

Next: A few more purchase pics...
__________________
Me 36 DH 36 DD 16 DD 16 Grandma Daisuki

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #21
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran
 
flamestarrdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,414

So here are some of my trip purchases. There are a bit more but my camera battery died and it took me a while to find the charger. I will try to post some more later this week.


My Mickey Mouse Beach Towel (we already have a few beach towels, most of them being Disney towels. But I just couldn't resist this one when I saw it)



A pair of shorts I got for the girls on clearance (turns out they only fit AJ so I will have to get Haylee different ones but it works out because them are more AJ's style anyway)


Some fake crocs I found on clearance for the girls to wear. AJ's are pink and Haylee's are red.


Some games for us to play on the train ride and also for our Disney theme nights to celebrate our countdown.




__________________
Me 36 DH 36 DD 16 DD 16 Grandma Daisuki

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran
 
flamestarrdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Did you book a preferred room? I did not. I worry though with my mom. I just don't want to be too far away from the main building and the buses. I am like you though, probably won't have to request for a refurbed room... seems like most are getting done pretty quickly. I think I will watch how it is going and closer to when we are checking in, I might request if it looks like that would be a good idea.
I didn't book a preferred room either. I read something somewhere about the actual distance between all the different sections of the resort and it not being that much different. I'll have to see if I can find it again and post it so you can see it, too. I just remember that it was all about the same as far as distance goes.
__________________
Me 36 DH 36 DD 16 DD 16 Grandma Daisuki

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran
 
flamestarrdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,414

I found the POP distance from sections info. Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3567

It can also be at the The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2207254
__________________
Me 36 DH 36 DD 16 DD 16 Grandma Daisuki

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #24
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
So for the new update, I thought I'd elaborate about why I picked Cape May Cafe for our first night dinner. It wasn't my first choice and is actually a replacement for my first choice. On my past two visits to WDW, my first night dinner was at Fulton's Crab House. It kind of became a tradition to eat there and spend the first day/night hanging out at DTD. I love the crab, the watermelon martinis and the oysters that come with jalapeno ice slush. I have never had a bad dining experience there. It is one of my favorite restaurants. However, in the past, I wasn't footing the bill for most things that we did on those trips and the kids didn't join us. My friend, who I went with, paid for most of the trip. So now that I am paying for this trip and the kids are coming, Fulton's is a bit out of our price range. So I found Cape May Cafe's Clambake dinner buffet that now includes crab legs hoping it would be a nice alternative. Plus, Cape May is a part of the DDP, where Fulton's is not. I really wish it would be, even as a signature restaurant where you have to use 2 TS credits and not just one. Though, I am thinking since we will be at DTD for the first part of that arrival day (planning to eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich or WPE), I may go over to Fulton's and get dessert or appetizers and drinks. It just feels wrong to not go to Fulton's at all while we're there. Especially since it's been 4 yrs since I last went. The one upside to going to Cape May for dinner is I haven't even been to the BW area. I had planned on going there during my last trip. I even made a reservation at Big River Grille and Brewing Works for lunch on our arrival day. However, both our planes got delayed so instead we just split a sandwich from E of S. It worked out better since we were having a big dinner at Fulton's. So I have a question for anyone who might have tried both. If you have tried both Fulton's and Cape May Cafe Dinner, what is your opinion on both? I am really hoping to love Cape May but still feel a little unsure.

Next: A few more purchase pics...
I have never been to either place, but the both sound wonderful!!! I think that since you haven't been to BW area (I haven't either) that Cape May will be a nice way to draw you there.

I think that more DTD restaurants need to be on the ddp. I want to try more of them, Fulton's being one of them.

Now though, Cape May sounds like something I should try. MMM... I haven't had dinner yet and it all sounds so good.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #25
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post

My Mickey Mouse Beach Towel (we already have a few beach towels, most of them being Disney towels. But I just couldn't resist this one when I saw it)


Oh no, now you have reminded me that I need towels too. What a pain it was last trip when there were towels for us at the pool. I love your new towel. Do you mind me asking where you found it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
Some fake crocs I found on clearance for the girls to wear. AJ's are pink and Haylee's are red.
How cute!!! I love AJ's. Those are the ones with the straps, right? Too cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
Some games for us to play on the train ride and also for our Disney theme nights to celebrate our countdown.




I need to find some similar things for our plane ride. It can't be too bulky though since, well...not a lot of space. Where did you find these? You seem to have a knack for finding cool stuff for your trip. I am just not coming across too much. Hope you don't mind me asking where you get your stuff. Course, since I live in the middle of nowhere it might be that there won't be a store close enough...
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #26
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
I didn't book a preferred room either. I read something somewhere about the actual distance between all the different sections of the resort and it not being that much different. I'll have to see if I can find it again and post it so you can see it, too. I just remember that it was all about the same as far as distance goes.
I read that too. Thanks for reposting it though. It helped me to feel like I wasn't being overly frugal. I just want it to be a good place for my mom. I am thinking of requesting 70's section. Maybe that won't be too far away?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #27
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran
 
flamestarrdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Oh no, now you have reminded me that I need towels too. What a pain it was last trip when there were towels for us at the pool. I love your new towel. Do you mind me asking where you found it?



How cute!!! I love AJ's. Those are the ones with the straps, right? Too cute.



I need to find some similar things for our plane ride. It can't be too bulky though since, well...not a lot of space. Where did you find these? You seem to have a knack for finding cool stuff for your trip. I am just not coming across too much. Hope you don't mind me asking where you get your stuff. Course, since I live in the middle of nowhere it might be that there won't be a store close enough...

I got the towel and the 2 big games from Wal-Mart. And the little games came from Family Dollar and were $1 dollar each. The bigger games were clearanced for $2 each and I think the towel was $7. The pink shoes with the straps are AJs and I got both pairs of the shoes at Big Lots for $5 each plus an extra 20% off since the store is moving to a new location. They also had actual crocs and skechers cali gear in children's sizes. However, the girls aren't in kids' sizes anymore when it comes to their shoes. And the only shoes of that type at Big Lots were fakes. But they'll only be using them as summer shoes anyway so it's not such a big deal if they are fakes or not. Besides their feet are still growing so I figure getting them super expensive shoes other than sneakers doesn't make sense.
__________________
Me 36 DH 36 DD 16 DD 16 Grandma Daisuki

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #28
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran
 
flamestarrdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I read that too. Thanks for reposting it though. It helped me to feel like I wasn't being overly frugal. I just want it to be a good place for my mom. I am thinking of requesting 70's section. Maybe that won't be too far away?
Yeah, the 70s doesn't look as far away as the others. I would definitely stay away from the 90s. That seems like that be really far away from the food court and maybe a bit of a walk for your mom.
__________________
Me 36 DH 36 DD 16 DD 16 Grandma Daisuki

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #29
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran
 
flamestarrdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,414

After thinking about it and discussing with another DISer, I decided to update my ticker to where it actually should be. I was worried about changing it because it would move Mickey back to the beginning. But being as close as we are to leaving, I think as the other DISer mentioned, the ticker should move fast. Now the reason for the change is to the ticker is it was behind two days. First, after FD was released, I added an extra day to our trip so instead of arriving on the 22nd, we are now arriving on the 21st. I had wanted to arrive on the 20th but decided it was probably better to add 1 day instead of 2. The second reason I needed to updated the ticker was because we actually leave on the 20th since we are taking the train and it takes a whole night to get there. So now my ticker is updated and shows the actual time we are leaving. Yay for 2 months, 1 week and 5 days!!!
__________________
Me 36 DH 36 DD 16 DD 16 Grandma Daisuki

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #30
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
I got the towel and the 2 big games from Wal-Mart. And the little games came from Family Dollar and were $1 dollar each. The bigger games were clearanced for $2 each and I think the towel was $7. The pink shoes with the straps are AJs and I got both pairs of the shoes at Big Lots for $5 each plus an extra 20% off since the store is moving to a new location. They also had actual crocs and skechers cali gear in children's sizes. However, the girls aren't in kids' sizes anymore when it comes to their shoes. And the only shoes of that type at Big Lots were fakes. But they'll only be using them as summer shoes anyway so it's not such a big deal if they are fakes or not. Besides their feet are still growing so I figure getting them super expensive shoes other than sneakers doesn't make sense.
You really scored! I will have to make a trek to Walmart. I have looked a couple times, but not really found anything. I had not been looking for towels though. Thanks for the tips!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: