Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #331
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Register her as a 10 year old and you will have all adult credits, and you can use them instead of her. They will not allow you to buy extra adult meals. It will cost you more, but it is better than saying she is 2 when she obviously is not.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #332
CarpeLiberum
Where are we going, and what's with the handbasket?

Has anyone used the DDP and Magic bands with kids? I'm just wondering how you track the entitlements? Are they just printed on the receipt?
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #333
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeLiberum View Post
Has anyone used the DDP and Magic bands with kids? I'm just wondering how you track the entitlements? Are they just printed on the receipt?
Yes just like it was previous to MB.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #334
Halleysmom
Earning My Ears

Question for ordering a child's meal

We will be going to Disney in May on the regular dining plan. My 13 year old daughter is very picky and would actually prefer to order things off the kids menu. Can we buy her a childs meal when we are at a table service restaurant or will they not let us do that because of her age? We will just pay cash for it since it is a waste of a credit if we don't. She will be with 5 adults.
Halleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #335
DCDisney
On my way...

At most TS places she will be allowed to order a kids meal but they will serve a larger portion and charge an adult price. You will also have to pay for her drink and dessert so it won't save much money. They will also usually adapt adult entrees if she prefers that like ordering a steak without the sauce and fries instead of a fancier side.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #336
thebadger
Mouseketeer

Question Dining credit allowance

Hi we are booked up for October 2014 and we are on the DDP as 3 adults and 1 child.

We are staying at WDW for 14 nights or 15 days. What will our total allocation be for credits? By my math and if I have read it right we get credits from our first nights stay to the day we check out?

So all in we are entitled to (divided by 4) 56 breakfast credits, 56 snack credits and 56 evening meal credits or 14 credits per person to be used one per day or two if we are using it for character/signature dining.

Am I correct or completely wrong?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #337
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadger View Post
Hi we are booked up for October 2014 and we are on the DDP as 3 adults and 1 child.

We are staying at WDW for 14 nights or 15 days. What will our total allocation be for credits? By my math and if I have read it right we get credits from our first nights stay to the day we check out?

So all in we are entitled to (divided by 4) 56 breakfast credits, 56 snack credits and 56 evening meal credits or 14 credits per person to be used one per day or two if we are using it for character/signature dining.

Am I correct or completely wrong?
You are correct except it is divided as 56 table service meal credits (use for any meal), 56 quick meal credits ( use for any meal) and 56 snack credits.

All can be used whenever you like. You can do 3 sit down meals in a day if you like or use up all your snacks in one day if you like or whatever combo you desire.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #338
thebadger
Mouseketeer

Talking

Thanks @delmar411, I'm building a spreadsheet (sad i know but helping sp much with my planning) that we will be using 1 quick service meal for our breakfast each day (4 used in total) and all having one TS meal each per day ( 4 in total) thus allowing me to use 8 credits per person for when we do the dining with the princesses.

When ordering any food do I have to state if I am using the dining plan or not? For example on our first night we will arrive in Orlando about 4 pm. once we get to CBR we will just order some pizzas from the food court and pay for them using $$ rather than wasting our dining plan credits.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #339
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They may assume you want to use credits when you check out at the food court, so you should explain to the cashier that you want to charge them to the room and not use dining credits.

If you use a method of payment other than room charge then it won't matter.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #340
texasmomoftwo
Mouseketeer

Hi I know this has been discussed before, but wondering with the new magic bands if it still is same. My DD (9) and I will be going next month! We have regular dining. So, one TS and one CS each day. Do they lump them together now on the entitlements or does it specify child and adult? Thanks in advance.
texasmomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #341
Simba07
Mouseketeer

We were there last week with bands and there was no difference between child and adult credits.
Simba07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #342
texasmomoftwo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba07 View Post
We were there last week with bands and there was no difference between child and adult credits.
Thanks!
texasmomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #343
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba07 View Post
Thank you so much. There is just one place (CHH) where she woudl rather have something (Shrimp) off the regular menu. Will they just let you order 3 adult meals? and it just takes 3 CS credits? If we go there a few times i don't want to end up having to order kids meals for all 3 of us the last couple days.

Thanks for the info.

zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #344
DCDisney
On my way...

The credits aren't separate for QS but you can't order more adult meals than you have on your reservation at one time. So if your band shows 2 adults 1 child you can't order 3 shrimp meals. If you order a few meals here and there through the trip it doesn't count adult vs kids it's just on a per meal basis.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #345
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
The credits aren't separate for QS but you can't order more adult meals than you have on your reservation at one time. So if your band shows 2 adults 1 child you can't order 3 shrimp meals. If you order a few meals here and there through the trip it doesn't count adult vs kids it's just on a per meal basis.
This isn't true at all. My MIL was using up to 6 CS credits at a time on her trip a couple weeks ago even though it was just her and my SIL on the reservation. They hadn't used their credits for various reasons and were scrambling to use them up over just a couple days. It wasn't an issue at all.

Also even though all she had was adult credits, it wasn't a problem to order kids meals. And the band doesn't show anything. It's not a key card with anything written on it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: