Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #46
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

Esbrick - good luck!

Gabbie - are you ok?
MommaSnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #47
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

I'm fine. The first three days were fine. Then, it just went south. I got reallly hot and nearly collasped at Magic Kingdom. My leg bothered me after a while and my sinuses acted up almost the whole time. It was a successful trip, but a lot of it was really hard this time. I'm not going back in the summer again. Too hot for me.

On the bright side, I got loads of pics.

Gabbie
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #48
AJ12345
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Iím new here! Just thought Iíd introduce myself. My name is AJ. Iím 25. My husband & I have been married a few years and decided we wanted to start trying for a baby. We wanted to be settled into our new house and stable at work before trying, which we finally are. Well, we started a few months ago and nothing yet. Did all the preconception visits (genetic, ob, etc.) Now itís just a waiting game. Hereís to hoping!!!

I was wondering if anyone had used any of the OTC ovulation tests you get at the grocery store. Are certain brands better? What do you guys think?
AJ12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #49
skuttle
Counting the days until our next trip!

Hi everyone! This is my first visit on the new thread. D&D, thanks for the link!

So DH and I returned last night from our 10th anniversary trip...6 nights at GF and 4 nights on DCL. It was just wonderful. WDW was REALLY hot so we spent a lot of time swimming at the GF. The cruise, however, was our first and we cannot wait to go back! Castaway Cay alone is worth every penny!

So AF was supposed to arrive during our trip, but she never showed.

I took a HPT when we got in last night because it was CD41 by then, and I got a beautiful dark BFP right away! O! M! G!

I'm in complete shock and also a nervous wreck because I rode all of the thrill rides at WDW and even drank about 7 drinks over our vacation. I'm scared I've messed everything up! I quit "being good just in case" long ago...after 4 years of TTC I had had enough of that! But now I'm terrified I've ruined something!

This month makes 4 years that we've been TTC #2. We did tons of tests, meds, 3 rounds of clomid/IUI and only had 2 chemical pregnancies to show for it. In November we went to the RE for a consult and determined we would start injectibles. DH and I decided to take a break from the doctors, appointments, shots, etc until after our trip. So we haven't been actively trying since November...haven't been preventing either. I even finally agreed to pick up all of the baby stuff that was in the 3rd bedroom up in the attic a month or so ago.

And now this. I'm just in shock, and scared to death!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #50
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttle View Post
Hi everyone! This is my first visit on the new thread. D&D, thanks for the link!

So DH and I returned last night from our 10th anniversary trip...6 nights at GF and 4 nights on DCL. It was just wonderful. WDW was REALLY hot so we spent a lot of time swimming at the GF. The cruise, however, was our first and we cannot wait to go back! Castaway Cay alone is worth every penny!

I took a HPT when we got in last night because it was CD41 by then, and I got a beautiful dark BFP right away! O! M! G!

I'm in complete shock and also a nervous wreck because I rode all of the thrill rides at WDW and even drank about 7 drinks over our vacation. I'm scared I've messed everything up! I quit "being good just in case" long ago...after 4 years of TTC I had had enough of that! But now I'm terrified I've ruined something!

This month makes 4 years that we've been TTC #2. We did tons of tests, meds, 3 rounds of clomid/IUI and only had 2 chemical pregnancies to show for it. In November we went to the RE for a consult and determined we would start injectibles. DH and I decided to take a break from the doctors, appointments, shots, etc until after our trip. So we haven't been actively trying since November...haven't been preventing either. I even finally agreed to pick up all of the baby stuff that was in the 3rd bedroom up in the attic a month or so ago.

OMG OMG OMG!!!! That is the best news ever! I am in tears right now! I am so happy for you! Easy to say this to you but don't worry to much about the rides and the drinkies. How many times do we read about conceptions after a night of partying and all. OMG I am so happy for you!

We were just talking about Castaway Cay last night and how we can't wait to be there! It is a magical place! Hmmm talk about pixie dust! YOU GO GIRL!!!
April 12 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break @ SSR; March/April 11 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break; May 10 - Mike & Eilis SSR, April 09 - Krick / Brady families Spring Break to SSR and the Disney Wonder; December 08 - Eilis & Mike's Disneymoon at SSR ; May 08 - SSR DFH & Me ; March 08 - DCL DFH, DSD & Me!!; September 07 - Labor Day Family Trip; More trips not enough room
esbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #51
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ12345 View Post
Hi all! Iím new here! Just thought Iíd introduce myself. My name is AJ. Iím 25. My husband & I have been married a few years and decided we wanted to start trying for a baby. We wanted to be settled into our new house and stable at work before trying, which we finally are. Well, we started a few months ago and nothing yet. Did all the preconception visits (genetic, ob, etc.) Now itís just a waiting game. Hereís to hoping!!!

I was wondering if anyone had used any of the OTC ovulation tests you get at the grocery store. Are certain brands better? What do you guys think?
Hi AJ and Welcome! As we say here I hope your stay is a short one. The Clear Blue Easy Moniter is expensive but I think is fairly easy and a good one. You can also try ovulation pee stix or this website:http://www.babyhopes.com/ It has all you need at discounted prices. If you go on ebay you can also find ovulation pee stix & pregnancy tests at bulk prices which is what I did in the beginning.

Take care!
E
April 12 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break @ SSR; March/April 11 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break; May 10 - Mike & Eilis SSR, April 09 - Krick / Brady families Spring Break to SSR and the Disney Wonder; December 08 - Eilis & Mike's Disneymoon at SSR ; May 08 - SSR DFH & Me ; March 08 - DCL DFH, DSD & Me!!; September 07 - Labor Day Family Trip; More trips not enough room
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #52
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

skuttle -
So happy for you! Enjoy! I am sure everything will be fine. Just think about those women who don't know until they deliver.

AJ12345 - Welcome. I hope your stay here is short!
MommaSnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #53
Kronk's girl
Mouseketeer

AHHHHH!!! WAHOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS SKUTTLE! That is so exciting, I am so happy for you. This is a lucky thread!!! Wishing you ALL the best for a happy healthy 9 months! I can't believe it- this is such great news

- And welcome AJ, we hope your stay is short. Last year I ordered (in bulk) ovulation test strips and a few pregnancy tests from earlypregnancytests.com. They have worked well and have saved me a lot of money vs buying the packs of 2 or 3 in the drug store. I temped for the first year of trying and used the Ovulations strips and now I can pinpoint ovulation on my own (but I still use the OPK's because I just want that confirmation, haha). Good luck!
Kronk's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #54
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSnowwhite View Post
skuttle -
So happy for you! Enjoy! I am sure everything will be fine. Just think about those women who don't know until they deliver.

AJ12345 - Welcome. I hope your stay here is short!
Thank you for that and for the stream of coffee that just flew out my NOSE!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #55
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

Allison!! I am SO thrilled to see your news!!! Let us know after you've been to the doctor. I'm sure everything is fine. I've always heard that the rides were safe at the beginning. Best news I've heard in a while!

I'm doing well with our new little man, but it's been rough for others around here lately. A guy I grew up with and his wife were due maybe last week? but ended up with a stillborn. They are devastated, understandably so. Then, DH's brother and his wife had a miscarriage at about 8 weeks. She's not doing well with it. She had pretty moderate PPD with their first, so we've been pretty worried about her.
WDWAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #56
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm off to a slow start. My stuff isn't growing like it should be so I have to take another drug on top of the GonalF starting tonight. The Drug is called Menopur. I take it at night and then resume the GonalF shots in the morning and evening. Then in on Friday for another ultrasound and blood work.

Oh well. . . gotta go with the flow I guess. . .
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #57
AJ12345
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbrick View Post
Hi AJ and Welcome! As we say here I hope your stay is a short one. The Clear Blue Easy Moniter is expensive but I think is fairly easy and a good one. You can also try ovulation pee stix or this website:http://www.babyhopes.com/ It has all you need at discounted prices. If you go on ebay you can also find ovulation pee stix & pregnancy tests at bulk prices which is what I did in the beginning.

Take care!
E

Thanks so much for your advice! Because of you I spent the last hour reading throught the babyhopes website. LoL I ordered the PreSeed lubricant and 25 ovulation tests for $35. I almost bought 7 ovulation tests for $36 at CVS the other day. So glad I asked. Lots of helpful information on the site as well. Thanks so much!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #58
AJ12345
Mouseketeer

Quote:

congratulations!!!! We started trying before our vacation. My doctor told me it wouldn't matter that early on in regards to rides. She told me to go on everything!!! And as far as alcohol she told me, a few drinks here and there was fine. Just no binge drinking. So nothing to worry about. yay again!!! congrats!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #59
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ12345 View Post
Thanks so much for your advice! Because of you I spent the last hour reading throught the babyhopes website. LoL I ordered the PreSeed lubricant and 25 ovulation tests for $35. I almost bought 7 ovulation tests for $36 at CVS the other day. So glad I asked. Lots of helpful information on the site as well. Thanks so much!
Big advocate of PreSeed here! Great choice!

Glad I could help!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #60
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Quote:

OMG, OMG Skuttle! I am soooo happy for you!! I know how much you have been wanting this for so long and wish you a happy and healthy nine months.

Try not to worry too much about the drinks and rides. I was in a car accident 2 days after I found out I was pg with #2 (on the way to BRU no less!) and am currently 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl!
Pollito916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: