Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Woo-hoo! I leave at 4 a.m. for my flight tommorrow!

Maybe it''s just wishful thinking, but I keep having this feeling that I should pick up some baby stuff for BOTH a boy and a girl while I'm there. I don't want to get ahead of myself. Haven't stated Lupron yet or Clomid, but still. It's very specific. Both a boy and girl, as in........twins!!!!!!!

OMG.....I would be so happy. Girls, you'd have to scrape me off the ceiling.

Gabbie
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #17
D&DDisney
Don't you get it?? You see the hat?? I'm Mrs. Nesbit!!!
I was in another swap

Welcome Rachael and gvillemama. Hope all goes well for you both!

Gabbie - I know what you mean about "scraping you off the ceiling". That would be so cool to hear the news from you - especially twins!!!
When I finally got pregnant after 9 years of trying I was just about dancing in the streets. My neighbors knew about our struggles so they were excited too.
And here it is 8 years of trying again and NOTHING!!! Really, I didn't want to space my children out 9 years apart. Some days I feel like I should just give up and move on to the next phase of my life. Then again...I don't think I can.
I'd hate to see Mama Pause even more than I hate seeing Aunt Flo.

"I really don't dislike Danica Patrick" ~JOCAmom
D&DDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #18
Kronk's girl
Mouseketeer

Welcome Andrea- all newcomers are welcome! I am excited to have new people in here that are early in the process. That is such an exciting time . I really hope everything goes quickly for both of you. We can't wait to have another success on this thread to celebrate!

And if anyone if is lurking on here- the more the merrier!

I guess it is a good time to repeat stories so people don't have to read all the way back-

My husband and I have been trying for about two years now. We don't have any kids and we are 29 and 30 (both just had birthdays!). Apparently there is nothing wrong with either of us, it's just not working. We are about to start our first round of clomid in a few days. This is our limit in the TTC process, so we'll see how this goes, and then see how much longer we want to wait or move onto researching adoption.

Wishing us all the best of luck in June!! This has got to be the month for someone right?
Kronk's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #19
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillemama View Post
My DH and I decided two months ago to start TTC! I am in my late 20s and he is in his early 30s. We have been married eight months and I have an almost 4 year old from my previous marriage. We have decided that the time is right to give Connor a baby brother or sister. Last time I got pregnant, it was totally unplanned so this is all to me. I stopped using my Nuva Ring in April and have been completely through one cycle since. So here it goes!

~Andrea
Of course! Welcome! Hope your stay here is a short one!
April 12 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break @ SSR; March/April 11 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break; May 10 - Mike & Eilis SSR, April 09 - Krick / Brady families Spring Break to SSR and the Disney Wonder; December 08 - Eilis & Mike's Disneymoon at SSR ; May 08 - SSR DFH & Me ; March 08 - DCL DFH, DSD & Me!!; September 07 - Labor Day Family Trip; More trips not enough room
esbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #20
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Morning and welcome to all our new people!

Gabbie ~ Totally know what you are talking about! When we were at WDW last week it took all of me not to buy a grandma and grandpa wdw cup for my parents! I didn't want to jinx anything! Have a wonderful trip this week! Looking foward to seeing what you write.

So cramps have started this am. Let's hope that this is a sign that AF will follow either later this evening or tomorrow. Sheesh! Nice I'm wishing for the witch to get here this time. I'm thinking that this cycle is going to be a doozy so I want to get it over with. As I said yesterday RN Tif said she wanted me to shed more before starting the GonalF. Oh well, a day or 3 delay isn't gonna be all that bad
April 12 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break @ SSR; March/April 11 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break; May 10 - Mike & Eilis SSR, April 09 - Krick / Brady families Spring Break to SSR and the Disney Wonder; December 08 - Eilis & Mike's Disneymoon at SSR ; May 08 - SSR DFH & Me ; March 08 - DCL DFH, DSD & Me!!; September 07 - Labor Day Family Trip; More trips not enough room
Old 06-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Welcome Andrea! I agree, it's nice to have new people here.

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
gvillemama
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for all the warm wishes. Best wishes to everyone on here as well.
gvillemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #23
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in - no news here. I took my last clomid last night so now I have to wait.

Esbrick - Good luck with the wicked witch!

I have fallen behind on the thread already and it is only on page 3! So I will say good luck to the newcomers and baby dust to everyone else!
MommaSnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
Kronk's girl
Mouseketeer

Morning Ladies-

Last night I went to pick up my clomid and when my pharmacist saw what it was he said "Oh, the miracle drug!" He proceeded to tell me that was how he and his wife got their twins when she was 34 and they had been trying for 7 years and had been told that they would never have a child. They did 9 rounds of clomid, and this was 29 years ago.

He also told me that at age 39 his wife had a "surprise!" (Yes, my pharmacist is a big talker, haha.)

But it's nice to hear a happy ending story. When I went to pay I could tell he checked my age (because even though I am 29, I look about 22), he then said "You are only 29! I think you might be in for more than you've bargained for!"

I have to admit I left feeling more hopeful- so this really can happen ladies! I hope it happens for all of us soon

Good luck this round MommaSnowWhite!

Last edited by Kronk's girl; 06-03-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #25
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

Right back at ya Kronk's girl!

I am crossing my fingers for all of us!
MommaSnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #26
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk's girl View Post
Morning Ladies-

Last night I went to pick up my clomid and when my pharmacist saw what it was he said "Oh, the miracle drug!" He proceeded to tell me that was how he and his wife got their twins when she was 34 and they had been trying for 7 years and had been told that they would never have a child. They did 9 rounds of clomid, and this was 29 years ago.

He also told me that at age 39 his wife had a "surprise!" (Yes, my pharmacist is a big talker, haha.)

But it's nice to hear a happy ending story. When I went to pay I could tell he checked my age (because even though I am 29, I look about 22), he then said "You are only 29! I think you might be in for more than you've bargained for!"

I have to admit I left feeling a more hopeful- so this really can happen ladies! I hope it happens for all of us soon

Good luck this round MommaSnowWhite!
AWESOME! I had the same thing happen when I was sitting at the pool speaking to a woman with twins. She shared her story with me and it was great to hear and see her success! Gave me so much hope too. When I told her what my dr. had suggested for us she told me she was going to suggest that I ask the dr to do what he suggested! I felt really good about that!

Pixie Dust Ladies!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #27
esbrick
DIS Veteran

I called RN Tiffiney at 2PM and told her that AF was late but I had a good feeling she was still coming. She said she would consult Dr. K and did. Dr. K told her he didn't think my lining was as thick as what they thought and that I can start the GonalF tomorrow. . .

Here i go ladies! Wish me luck! I apologize in advance for any nuttyness!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #28
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Eilis that makes me so excited for you!!!!! Good luck my friend!!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #29
esbrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
Eilis that makes me so excited for you!!!!! Good luck my friend!!
Thanks lady!

I'm hopeful, excited and nervous at the same time I'm ready though, thanks to all of you, and that's what's important!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
Kronk's girl
Mouseketeer

Wohoo! Good luck Esbrick!! I really have a good feeling about this month for this thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: