Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #16
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Good job on getting your pictures posted!! Love them. On the food allergies I think I would call now and then again reinforce it again when you get there. Better to be safe than sorry.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #17
Tikestoublie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Hello! We will be arriving as your trip is ending on the 24th! This is our first trip.

LOVE your pictures! Can't wait for the rest of your report!

How fun. You should have a blast.

And thanks. Will get more up soon...I swear.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
Tikestoublie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Good job on getting your pictures posted!! Love them. On the food allergies I think I would call now and then again reinforce it again when you get there. Better to be safe than sorry.

Yeah, I just need to be able to take time to call them again. Big worries are the treats and whether they have hidden nuts. Ate coffee cake like that once - not something to repeat. And then whether they share cooking oil.

Will make an effort to get on to them tomorrow.

Now, for my tentative dining schedule. This is hard because I am normally one to just go with the flow and when finally hungry just pick something. This trip however I actually wanted to enjoy some of the foods I had never experienced. I absolutely French Onion and Baked Potato Soup, and after everyone's pictures of them I started to realize that maybe this trip I just indulge my stomach along with the rest of.

So, this is what it looks like.

Monday 19 July

Breakfast – Airport
Lunch – CS Whatever we find
Dinner – Tortilla Joes??

Tuesday 20 July (Magic Morning)

Breakfast – Park CS
Lunch – Carnation Café 3:30
Dinner – House of Blues??

Wednesday 21 July

Breakfast – PCH Character Meal 9am
Lunch – CS Somewhere
Dinner – Ariel’s 6pm (WOC Meal)

Thursday 22 July (Magic Morning)

Breakfast – Park CS
Lunch – Café Orleans 1pm
Dinner – WCT 8pm (WOC Meal)

Friday 23 July

Breakfast – Park CS/Compass DTD
Lunch – Blue Bayou 2pm
Dinner – Park??

Saturday 24 July (Magic Morning) Check out Day

Breakfast – CS Somewhere
Lunch – CS Park
Dinner – Airport/Portland

Still a bit rough and subject to change, but needed some kind of plan. Now that they have the park schedule for our dates posted I will work on laying out what things we want to see and how to make it all fit. Some moments I swear I need a whole different degree just to plan a vacation.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #19
kaoden39
Hugs

May I recommend getting breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace? They serve a good breakfast.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #20
Tikestoublie
Mouseketeer

Actually, was wondering about that. Unable to sleep and stuck in my ubber planning mode I have been going through the menus to see where I might find food all 3 of us can eat I have started this!

Food Info:

Blue Bayou –
Monte Cristo 22.00
Dessert Crème Brule

Café Orleans –
French Onion Soup 8.00
Pomme Frites 5.00
Beignets – 7.00

Carnation Café –
Chef Salad 11.00
Croissant Chicken Club 11.00
Smoked Turkey 10.00
1/2 Sand & Soup 10.00
Baked Potato Soup – 6.00

Plaza Inn Character Breakfast –

Counter Services Meals:

Bengal Barbecue (Adventure Land)
Chicken/Beef Skewer 4.00
Mickey Pretzel w/Cheese 4.00

French Market (New Orleans)
Citrus Chicken w/tatos 13.00
Garden Salad 4.00

Harbour Galley (Critter Country)
Bread Bowl w/Cheddar Broccoli 9.00

Hungry Bear (Critter Country)
Burgers w/Fries 8.00 – 9.00
Onion Rings 4.00
Funnel Cake 6.00

Plaza Inn (Main St)
Fried Chicken Meal 14.00
Chicken Alfredo 13.00

Rancho del Zocalo (Frontierland)
Enchilada Platter 10.00
Carne Asada/Enchilada 12.00
Soft Tacos 10.00
Kids Burrito or Taco Meal 7.00

Red Rockett’s Pizza Port (Tomorrowland)
Spaghetti w/Meatballs 9.00
Chicken Pasta 9.00
Large Pizza Slice 6.00 – 7.00

River Belle Terrace (Frontierland)
(Breakfast)
Mark Twain - Eggs, Tatos, Meat, Biscuit 8.00
Steamboat – Pancakes, Eggs, Meat 8.00
Pancakes solo 5.50
Tatos 3.00
(Lunch/Dinner)
Roast or Turkey Meal 13.00

Tomorrowland Terrace (Tomorrowland)
Burgers 8.00 – 9.00
Turkey Club Sandwich 8.50
Kid’s Turkey Wrap Meal 6.00

Village Haus (Fantasyland)
Burgers 8.00 – 9.00
Pizza 8.00
Turkey Club 8.50

Quick Snacks:

Blue Ribbon Bakery (Main St)
~Breakfast/Lunch/Snacks~
Sandwich Ham/Turkey 8.50
Chocolate Croissant 3.00

Coke Corner (Main St)
Hot Dog 6.00
Pretzel w/Cheese 4.00

Tiki Juice Bar (Adventureland)
Dole Whip 3.00

Troubadour Tavern (Fantasyland)
Bratwurst 7.00
Baked Tatos 6.50

California Adventure Dining:

Downtown Disney Dining:

Grand California Dining:

Chicken Quesadilla 12.00
Sticky Spare Ribs 11.00

Storyteller’s Lunch 11:30 – 2 Weekends 11:30 – 5
Spare Ribs 9.00
Chicken Quesadilla 9.00
Dinner 5 – 10pm
Buffet 30.00
Chicken in Red Wine 20.00

Still have more places to add but hoping it will give me a bit of a cheat sheet to look at in our room. Can be so hard to find places that have food I can eat, and that my horribly picky mother will eat.

If only they had curry somewhere, then at least DD and I would be set.

Really hoping they get WOC sorted out and am eagerly awaiting the first round of victims..er, I mean guests...who give us feedback. Comparing the two so far I am thinking AG is going to be best for me. The chicken meal doesn't sound too bad. Had a look at the picnic meal but from what I can tell I would be going hungry.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #21
kaoden39
Hugs

I am part of the first wave. We are down there in 10 days. I think it is going to be crazy.

And your menu and price list you made, I do that stuff, I never use them but i do make them. It's amazing what a person does when they are anxious and excited.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #22
Tikestoublie
Mouseketeer

How exciting! That you have only 10 days that is. Not sure about the first wave of WOC. Hopefully you have enough days there that with a little flexibility it will be smooth sailing. Definitely look froward to hearing how it went.

And good to hear I not the only one who passes the time making insane lists. I do it with the knowledge it may not get used there. But, so far it has helped build a mental inventory of places not pre-scheduled to try, and helps me explain to mom what the options are.

Now....am I correct that I can cancel PS if need be on short notice? Hoping that will not be needed but having that flexibility is handy. Already have their number saved in the mobile.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #23
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikestoublie View Post
How exciting! That you have only 10 days that is. Not sure about the first wave of WOC. Hopefully you have enough days there that with a little flexibility it will be smooth sailing. Definitely look froward to hearing how it went.

And good to hear I not the only one who passes the time making insane lists. I do it with the knowledge it may not get used there. But, so far it has helped build a mental inventory of places not pre-scheduled to try, and helps me explain to mom what the options are.

Now....am I correct that I can cancel PS if need be on short notice? Hoping that will not be needed but having that flexibility is handy. Already have their number saved in the mobile.
Oh yeah, as far as I know you can cancel them the day of. I haven't waited that long but if you don't just no show it should be okay.

I am excited that I am going to be there in 10 days but honestly I never would have scheduled for that time had I known about WoC. But, whats done is done and we are going to be there in the parks in 10 days.

I love to think about the places that I want to eat and then I always want to eat at my favorite place because of the location, the Hungry Bear is so nice because it is shady and a great place to sit and watch the world go by.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #24
Tikestoublie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I love to think about the places that I want to eat and then I always want to eat at my favorite place because of the location, the Hungry Bear is so nice because it is shady and a great place to sit and watch the world go by.
That is good to know. It is on my list and am guessing if July is like June was in '08 we will need a shady spot to hang out and eat. And I do love burgers.

Hear you about different travel plans if knew about WOC. I remember over the last year watching the building when we visited and being excited to see it. But having read all the posts on this and the mad house it sounds like it will be...um no.

Still, it just one part of the whole place and no matter I am certain you and the family will have an incredible vacation.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #25
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
That is good to know. It is on my list and am guessing if July is like June was in '08 we will need a shady spot to hang out and eat. And I do love burgers.

Hear you about different travel plans if knew about WOC. I remember over the last year watching the building when we visited and being excited to see it. But having read all the posts on this and the mad house it sounds like it will be...um no.

Still, it just one part of the whole place and no matter I am certain you and the family will have an incredible vacation.
Thanks. If you want to read it we have a crazy pre-trip going on, the link is in my signature.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #26
Tikestoublie
Mouseketeer

Joining the party. Going to take a bit to catch up. Good thing I don't sleep.

Quite a family you got going for the trip. Sounds wonderful. Not sure I could do it. One of my best times was actually last Feb when I got to spend an entire day solo! No one to slow me down. But, I actually do like having the company.

Shall see how much of the PTR I can get through tonight. Extremely excited. And of course will be eagerly awaiting the TR when you get back.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #27
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Joining the party. Going to take a bit to catch up. Good thing I don't sleep.

Quite a family you got going for the trip. Sounds wonderful. Not sure I could do it. One of my best times was actually last Feb when I got to spend an entire day solo! No one to slow me down. But, I actually do like having the company.

Shall see how much of the PTR I can get through tonight. Extremely excited. And of course will be eagerly awaiting the TR when you get back.
So am I.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #28
Tikestoublie
Mouseketeer

Too many things, not enough time.

So, apparently I am not so good at updating this. Been too busy reading all the other trip reports on here. So, figured I would post an update - if nothing else so I have something to reflect on.

Currently trying to make a list of the must-see shows and activities and how to make sure we can fit them all in with our meal ressies as well. Somehow thought this would be easier.

So far I know the will arrive Monday morning at LB and get a car for the day. This allows us to stop by a grocery store for some provisions on the way to the hotel.

So: Monday

7am Flight to Long Beach arriving at 930am
10am Grab a car. Find store on way.
12pm Check in to hotel. If room not ready store stuff and head to park.
2pm Mom goes to take a nap. I will have been up for a day and a half at this stage.
730pm PS at Tortilla Jo's. Have bday certificate but found out it expires 2 days before we get there. So may switch to HOB (have coupon thanks to help here!!)
9pm Back to park. Maybe fire works or 2nd F! show.

More days and details to follow as I can work them out. Must...stop...procrastinating!

The questions I have are:

A simple, non-freeway route between LB airport and GCH/DLH with a grocery store along the way.

Anyone know where the car rental place is in DTD as I will drop the car off that night or in the morning.

Any have the bday certificate for Patina and have it expire and still be able to use it? Know it a long shot, but with Dr appt and other stuff no way to come earlier.

Has Stitch been spotted recently in the parks? Had scheduled breakfast at PCH but switched to Goofy's as have heard food and experience is better there.

Ok, that it for now. Thanks for reading and any info you can give.

Cheers
Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #29
kaoden39
Hugs

I can answer one of the questions. Sort of, Stitch if he is going to be seem in a park it will be in DCA. And I will be in the park next week so I will know if he is hanging out in the park.

I plan on visiting DTD so if I happen to spot the car rental place which I think is closer to the DLH I can let you know on that too.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #30
Tikestoublie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can answer one of the questions. Sort of, Stitch if he is going to be seem in a park it will be in DCA. And I will be in the park next week so I will know if he is hanging out in the park.

I plan on visiting DTD so if I happen to spot the car rental place which I think is closer to the DLH I can let you know on that too.
Thanks for that. Both my DD and I LOVE Stitch. Would kidnap him if they would let me.

And if you spot the rental place - awesome. Trying to be prepared since will have to squeeze in returning it somehow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: