Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #271
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Madison Square Safeway in Winnipeg has the bonus airmiles until Thursday of this week.
Spend $100 get 150.

Last edited by KiKi Mouse; 10-02-2011 at 01:21 PM.
KiKi Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #272
BACON
Mouseketeer

Did any other gold collectors get an invite to a free wine tasting event? I tried to RSVP but apparently they reached capacity.
BACON is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #273
ado121
DIS Veteran

Where is it being held?
ado121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #274
BACON
Mouseketeer

I forgot to add that. It was for Winnipeg.
BACON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #275
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

I got that invite but didn't bother trying.

In the past whenever I recived an invite for something they already reached capacity. Except for once about 18 years ago Molson had a great offer for an arcade sized table hockey game and I was able to get one. I still have it and use it today.

On a side note I only need 500 more miles before I can book my flight to DW! Maybe I should convert my HBC rewards.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Stan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #276
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
After calling AM and United Airlines on several occasions I kept getting the same answer that only the same people that are canceling the flight can rebook. In other words my wife and DD14 are canceling so only my wife and DD14 can rebook. My DD16 and I can not use the tickets for a future flight.

It made no sense to me that I can fly to Orlando in 2011 but in 2012 if they change Stan Solos wife and my DD14 names on the tickets to Stan Solo and my DD16 it's a security risk.

I never did cancel the tickets because they were not willing to give me anything for them. Not the Airmiles, not the insurance fee I paid, not the taxes, not the fuel charge, NOTHING! When my wife and DD14 never showed up for the four flights UA sold three of them to people flying stand by. In the end I lost 8800 Airmiles plus all the crazy fees and taxes they throw on top of the "free" tickets.

My DD16 and I went without them and had the time of our lives! The trip could not have been any better! Everyone on the entire trip was so friendly except for the UA employee that we had to deal with in Winnipeg I think she hated her job and her life. In Orlando on the way home the UA employee asked if my wife and DD were going to make the flight. When I told her what happened she upgraded us to business class. Finely someone who showed some hart.

My DD and I already booked our second trip for next year! If I can raise the Airmiles...
oh no :O( Dince you are planning another trip for next year, you should have cancelled properly so that at least DW and DD can use the tickets then! What rotten luck otherwise. :O( I would be frustrated for sure!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #277
Stan Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy View Post
oh no :O( Dince you are planning another trip for next year, you should have cancelled properly so that at least DW and DD can use the tickets then! What rotten luck otherwise. :O( I would be frustrated for sure!
There was no ponit in canceling the tickets becuse both AM and United was not about to give me back anything. My DW and DD had to use their credits within six months and had to go to the US. My DW was thinking about going to Calgary to visit her brother but no she had to go with UA and they don't fly from Winnipeg to Calgary.

I was hoping for hope that once I canceled at the airport I would get something back. Instead I got the rudest person I had my entire trip (if not my entire summer) at the United Airways desk right here in Winnipeg.

In Orlando I was talking to the lady at the ticket counter and explained what happened. A little later she called me to the desk and told me she bumped us up to business class for our trip from Orlando to Chicago. I got a whole 2 inches of leg room. It was however the first time during this whole mess that I felt like someone cared for their customer.

I now see that when you book with Airmiles the cancelation insurance is called any reason insurance. When I book later this year I will have a question or two about this.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #278
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
I now see that when you book with Airmiles the cancelation insurance is called any reason insurance. When I book later this year I will have a question or two about this.
Their insurance policies changed about maybe June or July (not sure the exact date) as they switched providers. The new policy states that you can cancel for any reason but you only get a full refund if it's one of their 29 covered reasons for cancelation, otherwise the max you'll get is about 50%.

Hope this helps.

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #279
Stan Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk N Tink View Post
Their insurance policies changed about maybe June or July (not sure the exact date) as they switched providers. The new policy states that you can cancel for any reason but you only get a full refund if it's one of their 29 covered reasons for cancelation, otherwise the max you'll get is about 50%.

Hope this helps.
This is interesting. We booked in Febuary so I guess we were still on the old insurance plan even though we flew in Auguest. This is good to know for next year not that I can see us canceling this trip...unless DD(16 that will be 17) gets a good job and can't get the time off. Even then Stan Solo would realy be going solo.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #280
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

Changes coming to AirMiles!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/them-lose-t...170424257.html
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #281
Kat&Dom
DIS Veteran

Anyone know why Walt Disney Tickets for Children are in the Last Chance section for Air Miles? Are they going to stop offering the Walt Disney Tickets - I sure hope not because that is my main objective with Air Miles.
Kat&Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #282
fan1080
When you wish upon a star......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat&Dom View Post
Anyone know why Walt Disney Tickets for Children are in the Last Chance section for Air Miles? Are they going to stop offering the Walt Disney Tickets - I sure hope not because that is my main objective with Air Miles.
Tickets are still shown under the entertainment section too, but they are only showing base tickets available. Last chance has both base and "All-inclusive", so maybe they are just doing away with the all-inclusive option.

With the recent changes, and dimishing rewards, it's anyone's guess though. Disney tickets were one of our last options for airmiles as well, so I hope they don't get rid of them completely.

Airmiles is fast becoming unappealing.
Mar 1978 - Off Site (Grade 7, with my family), Sept 1989 - Off Site (Honeymoon), Feb 2006 - All Star Movies (First time to Disney for our 3 daughters), July 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2008 - Pop Century, Mar 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 Holiday Inn Express and Suites Universal
fan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #283
Jozymouse
Disney Character Fanatic

I usually buy my plane tickets with my airmiles to GO TO Disney so still worth it for me even if they were to cancel the Disney admission. I have also used airmiles for Legoland tickets, Universal Orlando etc, car rentals, hotel vouchers (for the Downtown Disney resorts). I LOVE airmiles no matter what
First trip to WDW in 1981, then..1983, 1986, 1988, 1989 (DLR), 1990, 1991, 1992 (WDW & DLR), 1993, 1994 (DLR), 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, Feb-Oct-Dec 2007, Feb 2008, Aug 2008 (DLR), July 2009, Oct 2009, Jan 2010 (DLR), March 2010, Sept 2010, Feb 2011,Aug 2011, May 2012 & Dec 2012, March 2014 (DLP), May 2014 SWW!
Jozymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #284
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

I'm collecting airmiles for park passes too. I hope that they don't get rid fo them either!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #285
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

I am brand new to airmiles and need some information on timing from experienced people.

In Ontario, what has been people's experience with when Metro base and bonus points get posted to your account? I'm also considering placing a couple of online orders to take advantage of the 10x bonus on until tomorrow, however also wondering about timing for these points as well.

Once you have accumulated enough points and placed an order, how fast has it been delivered?

I was considering saving for Universal Orlando park tickets but my window of opportunity for our upcoming trip may not allow enough time for this to happen.
AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: