Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #91
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...great pix!!! Wow, lots of activities for the kids to do at AKL...
I know.......... Community Hall was so nice - I think DS enjoyed it more than going to the parks!! They had TONS of stuff to do in there, they had computers, games, crafts, xbox, tons of stuff - then they did games at the pool too. I'm so excited to stay at Kidani............. I can hardly wait!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #92
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

...no doubt..
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #93
heathers4um
DIS Veteran

hi Wendypooh - loved your TR and the pics! We just bought at OKW and addonitis has already set in for AK - I am hoping to tour a Kidana unit while there to hook DBF in, even though the ink on the papers isnt even dry yet. I say from now to Nov is enough time to want to expand!

"While Eeyore frets ...and Piglet hesitates...and Rabbit calculates...and Owl pontificates...Pooh just is. "
Old 06-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #94
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Loved it What a cute family So glad you had fun and that you loved the villa so much! I can't wait to try Kidani.
I agree that SWW are tons of fun - but crowds can get sooo crazy

I seriously might just see you in July, Bestie!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #95
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathers4um View Post
hi Wendypooh - loved your TR and the pics! We just bought at OKW and addonitis has already set in for AK - I am hoping to tour a Kidana unit while there to hook DBF in, even though the ink on the papers isnt even dry yet. I say from now to Nov is enough time to want to expand!
Well, I can feel your pain - we are suffing addonitis badly right now!!! LOL
Seriously though, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE AKL - if you tour Kidani - be careful - it is certain to suck you in!!! Good Luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Loved it What a cute family So glad you had fun and that you loved the villa so much! I can't wait to try Kidani.
I agree that SWW are tons of fun - but crowds can get sooo crazy

I seriously might just see you in July, Bestie!
AWWW - thank Sweetie!! I really hope you guys can make it in July - I'd love it!!! Me and my Bestie - drinking hairball margaritas, swimming with the critters............. LOL Keep me posted!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #96
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

The SWW pic link is in the other post!!! Again, Thanks for reading everyone!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #97
DisGal520
surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
The SWW pic link is in the other post!!! Again, Thanks for reading everyone!!!

hi - the photo site is asking for a password
Old 06-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #98
tink,too
DIS Veteran

I hope you enjoy SSR in July - it's our home resort and we love that we can just walk over to DTD to enjoy a meal and an adult beverage or two, then take the boat home.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #99
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing the great pictures! Kidani looks amazing! Can anyone hang out at Kidani, or just DVC members? Glad you had such a great time, and your family is adorable...love the pic of the three of you outside
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #100
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Hi Wendy!!!

I just found this thread, I haven't had time to get on and read much since we returned!! I have a LOT of reading to do to get to the end of this!!!

I just looked at your DISign thread and I see their stacking up already!! Tough to be so good and popular isn't it??? I'm going to start making my list for our DCL trip next year!!

Well, so far it seems you had a magical time, and I can't wait to read more and catch up!!

David

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
Old 06-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #101
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
I know.......... Community Hall was so nice - I think DS enjoyed it more than going to the parks!! They had TONS of stuff to do in there, they had computers, games, crafts, xbox, tons of stuff - then they did games at the pool too. I'm so excited to stay at Kidani............. I can hardly wait!!!
That's what I am afraid of if I tell DS4 they have video games in there too. He wanted us to bring his Xbox with us last time.

I am glad that you liked Kidani. We will be trying it out for the first time in November.

Congrats on your new trip.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #102
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Wendy, thanks for sharing and I loved reading along to your TR. Glad you had a wonderful time and the pics were great!

Have fun in July...

Brandi

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #103
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGal520 View Post
hi - the photo site is asking for a password
OOPS - let me fix that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
I hope you enjoy SSR in July - it's our home resort and we love that we can just walk over to DTD to enjoy a meal and an adult beverage or two, then take the boat home.
I'm sure we'll enjoy it!! I know DS is excited to be so close to DTD (the lego store....... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Thanks for sharing the great pictures! Kidani looks amazing! Can anyone hang out at Kidani, or just DVC members? Glad you had such a great time, and your family is adorable...love the pic of the three of you outside
Thanks!! As for "hanging out" over at Kidani, well, I'm sure you can go over and look around - unless you are staying there though, you really can't DO stuff, like the pool or whatever - but, if you just want to go look around - I'd say go ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
Hi Wendy!!!

I just found this thread, I haven't had time to get on and read much since we returned!! I have a LOT of reading to do to get to the end of this!!!

I just looked at your DISign thread and I see their stacking up already!! Tough to be so good and popular isn't it??? I'm going to start making my list for our DCL trip next year!!

Well, so far it seems you had a magical time, and I can't wait to read more and catch up!!

David
HEY!!!!! How are you guys??!!! Good I hope!! We had an awesome time - loved it all!! Going back to SSR in July (a spur of the moment kind of trip) and then back to Kidani in Dec. - I can hardly wait - I completely fell in LOVE with it when we went over there!!! It's Beautiful! And yeah, I've already got a stack of designs waiting for me................ LOL Anyway - glad you are reading my TR - where's YOURS by the way?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
That's what I am afraid of if I tell DS4 they have video games in there too. He wanted us to bring his Xbox with us last time.

I am glad that you liked Kidani. We will be trying it out for the first time in November.

Congrats on your new trip.
LOL - I hear ya............ DS wanted to bring his too............. UMMM NO - it's vacation!!! Anyway - you will LOVE Kidani - it is amazing - literally we walked into the room and my mouth fell open.......... the entire place is VERY VERY quiet and cozy - not the hustle and bustle at Jambo - I hope you enjoy it as much - I'm excited about SSR - but I can barely wait for Kidani!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Wendy, thanks for sharing and I loved reading along to your TR. Glad you had a wonderful time and the pics were great!

Have fun in July...

Brandi
Thanks Sweetie -
Old 06-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #104
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Thanks for a great TR!!! Can't wait to see/read the one for July. Love the pictures of Kidani, but I just can't get over my love of Jambo house. DH really really wants to stay at Kidani one of these trips so I'll probably end up giving in at some point.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
Old 06-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #105
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Thanks for a great TR!!! Can't wait to see/read the one for July. Love the pictures of Kidani, but I just can't get over my love of Jambo house. DH really really wants to stay at Kidani one of these trips so I'll probably end up giving in at some point.
Thanks!!! You know, we LOVE Jambo house too - it's where we always stayed - DH loves it. So, that is why we bought DVC there, but, when we went over to Kidani........... OMG - it's amazing!! We still LOVE the lodge, but the room layout over at Kidani is just SO much better - plus the 2nd bath in the 1br is beyond nice. I think you should try it out....... I know we can hardly wait!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: