Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #76
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

...funny (and CUTE!) story....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #77
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your first saty at "home!" Do you have "addonitis" yet? You've got me in the mood to stay there too! We'll stay at AKV for the first time in December. "Home" is BWV and BLT for us. We've stayed at both of those and BCV and VWL so far. December will be our first visit to AKV.
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #78
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
.....Do you have "addonitis" yet? ....
...I heard that's PAINFUL....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #79
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

LOL - OMG you guys are too funny!!!! I've been BUSY with REAL LIFE -

and YES YES YES - we BOTH have addonitis - its bad too!!!! LOL

OK - some other FANTABULOUS NEWS before I continue with the TR - woke up this am - checked my email and had a confirm letter from WDW for the POLY from July 27 - Aug. 1 - OMG - I about had a fit............. I had NO CLUE we were going back - DH is a stinker!!! LOVE HIM!!! Nice surprise - huh!!!

So, I'm HAPPY HAPPY

OK - back to TR mode................
Old 06-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #80
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Day 5 - we had dinner ADR's at O'hana today, so we knew we wanted to go to Magic Kingdom at some point today! I wasn't feeling like heading out early, so DH and DS headed over to Animal Kingdom - they rode some rides but said it was VERY crowded and were back by lunchtime. We decided to go look at Kidani, it is gorgeous and we are so excited to stay there in Dec. - the lobby is much smaller than the lodge - well, everything seems to be on a smaller more intimate scale, from the store to the check -in area. It is very nice though. We went outside from off the lobby and saw some animals, a nice CM took our pic - then we went and checked out Sanaa - very nice - the CM's there were SO funny. Then we headed to the library and looked around and then went to the community hall, DS loved it - and played pool with some other kids in there - there are tons of activities going on in there - it was very neat. We went over to the DVC rep there and asked if any rooms were open to see - so she showed us the 1br - OMG OMG OMG - it was beyond imagination - SO much nicer than we expected and the lay out is a MILLION times better than at Jambo house - which I guess is to be expected since Kidana was built to be DVC and not converted. Anyway - it is gorgeous and we were SO happy to see it. It makes waiting till Dec. even harder! The entire place was gorgeous and very nice and quiet and comfy - I'm so glad it's our home resort. Then we headed back to the lodge and had lunch at Mara - I wasn't feeling very good so we just wanted to hang out and relax. Around 6:30 or so we headed to O'hana - it was amazing as always - this is one of our favorite meals. We had the best view of the castle - the food was all good, I didn't care for the pork - but everything else was delish! (DH did like it though) - He got a backscratcher too......... he enjoyed that, my drink was good, but I don't remember the name of it. After dinner, we decided to just head back to the lodge, I still wasn't feeling good. We took DS to the pool and we swam and played - it was fun! We had to rest up for the next day!!!

Kidani Viewing Area off Lobby

Kidani Window

Yours truely at Kidani

Stairs off lobby

DS in Community Hall

Comm. Hall

Comm. Hall

Comm. Hall

O'hana Parade

Our View from O'hana

Last edited by wendypooh; 04-07-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #81
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
LOL - OMG you guys are too funny!!!! I've been BUSY with REAL LIFE - ...
...well, YOU need to get your priorities straight...
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #82
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Great update - looking forward to seeing the pics.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #83
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
Great update - looking forward to seeing the pics.
Me too

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #84
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Me too
...was I not subtle enough??
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #85
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:

and YES YES YES - we BOTH have addonitis - its bad too!!!! LOL

OK - some other FANTABULOUS NEWS before I continue with the TR - woke up this am - checked my email and had a confirm letter from WDW for the POLY from July 27 - Aug. 1 - OMG - I about had a fit............. I had NO CLUE we were going back - DH is a stinker!!! LOVE HIM!!! Nice surprise - huh!!!

So, I'm HAPPY HAPPY

OK - back to TR mode................
What a fab surprise!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 06-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #86
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What do you mean, the dis isn't real life???

Congrats on your "surprise" trip to the Poly! We've stayed twice and it was pure magic I forgot to look at your signature...have you stayed at the Poly before?
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #87
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your TR wendypooh! Sounds like y'all had a great trip. I'm sorry about your lack of animal sightings But the pics of your views look great!

Quote:
... The bathroom is huge! I esp. like the tub - it was big enough for 2...

Quote:

Too cute!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #88
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
What do you mean, the dis isn't real life???

Congrats on your "surprise" trip to the Poly! We've stayed twice and it was pure magic I forgot to look at your signature...have you stayed at the Poly before?
Hey - Thanks - No, never stayed before, but always wanted too!!!! I'm surprised - believe me!!! DH is just starting to "be trained right" lol - seriously, we'd been talking about it - I mean going back in July - and I just thought we'd stay at the lodge again - as usual, then he did this! YAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I'm loving your TR wendypooh! Sounds like y'all had a great trip. I'm sorry about your lack of animal sightings But the pics of your views look great!

Too cute!
Hey - Glad to see you here!!! How was your trip? The one day we had all the giraffe it was NICE - and going back looking at the pics, the view was better than I thought - just wish we'd seen more animals I guess. Anyway - let me get those pics uploaded.............. and posted............. or Kim is gonna wear her tap finger out!!!! LOL
Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #89
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Days 7 & 8 - Star Wars Weekends - WOW
This was our first time at SWW - and it was fantastic. We LOVED it and will def. try to do it again! It was HOTTER than hot - but so much fun. The Studios was PACKED as you can imagine - we did get to see the opening show and it was great - we got a lot of charater pics/autographs - it was cool. So, immediately upon opening though, I went right over to get FP's for ToyStory - DH and DS went and rode ToT - WOW - I was in line and I was standing in front of one mans dream............... yep, a LOOOOONG line, anyway - got our FP's and we were all set. So, we messed around a little, doing usual stuff at the studios - till about 10 am - we saw that people were already lining up for the parade - so, we grabbed a spot on the pink half wall near the steps to Idol. It was an awesome spot - NO SHADE - so we burnt up, but it was worth it once the parade started - at 11:40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We took over 300 pics - so, I won't post them here, I'll give a link to them for those who want to see them. I will say it was FANTASTIC - better than we expected! After that, we just again did rides and saw characters - which were everywhere. We did our FP for TS and it was cute - NOT even close to being worth the line............... I mean it was OK but - I don't get the popularity of it........... newness I guess? I won't be waiting in lines like that again for it............. We ate lunch at the commissary - blah.......... but dinner at Sci - Fi was actually AWESOME - the Shrimp Pasta is outstanding - loved it!!! Anyway - we spent ALL day at the studios and loved every second of it - I'd reccomend anyone to go during SWW - if you like star wars - it was tons of fun!!!

The next day - we went back to the studios - DS wanted to get more pics - so we did that and then headed over to Epcot - spent the day there and loved it. Epcot is our Favorite.

Then on the last day - we went to MK - did all the usual stuff there - overall, we had a fantastic trip - it was a little more crowded than we expected, but managable. We LOVED the Villa - our first trip "home" was amazing - we cannot wait to head back in Dec. to enjoy Kidani - ** AND ** we are headed back in July - I just now actually changed our resv. from the Poly to SSR - using pts. / which we didn't realize we could use................ DUH - we're new - shoot us.......... so, we'll actually be at SSR from July 28 - Aug. 3!!!! WHOOP WHOOP

Thanks Everyone for following along.............. hope you enjoyed it!!!

I'll be sure to post a TR for July!!!

Wendy

http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/z...22%20-%202010/
Link to SWW pics!!

Last edited by wendypooh; 06-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #90
kimmar067

...great pix!!! Wow, lots of activities for the kids to do at AKL...
I've been BOO'ED!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: