Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #136
mandibc11
Living in Wonderland, married to the Mad Hatter, with everything as it SHOULD be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganRazzleDazzle View Post
Wow I never would've thought Boma would be so accomadating for Breakfast. Now I want to change my ADR's . I've been thinking of bumping my 1900 Park Fare, but I didn't know what to change it to. Now I think I know.
It really was fantastic - I mean, I love 1900 Park Fare, but really just for the atmosphere of the Grand Floridian and the Characters! The next breakfast I'm reviewing is Kouzzina, and I have to say, it's a toss up for me between Boma and Kouzzina for best breakfasts of the trip! Both were amazingly accommodating.
mandibc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #137
mandibc11
Living in Wonderland, married to the Mad Hatter, with everything as it SHOULD be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Boma never fails to deliver!! It's our one sit down this trip (THE HORRORS) for dinner. Can't wait!
Have you had Boma for dinner before? I would love to know what makes it different from other Buffets...would the food be similar to Tusker House's buffet? I'm not generally a buffet person, unless it comes to breakfast...but I'm very intriqued by Boma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegcentric View Post
Wow, that chef really knew what she was doing. I am now convinced that I would like to try Boma for breakfast one morning...I love quinoa but never thought to have it for breakfast before. This was awesome!
You definitely should!! We'll be going back every time. The chef mentioned that traditional African food is heavy on the vegetarian side, so they really go out of their way to accommodate people that eat plant-based diets!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #138
VeganRazzleDazzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandibc11 View Post
You definitely should!! We'll be going back every time. The chef mentioned that traditional African food is heavy on the vegetarian side, so they really go out of their way to accommodate people that eat plant-based diets!

I just changed our ADR's to include Boma for breakfast! I already have Kouzzina on there for breakfast. I'm super excited now! Over food, LOL!!!

Do you have any resort area Dinner suggestions on the Dining Plan?

I already have these:

D- Ohana
B- Kouzzina
L- Beaches and Cream
D- Sanaa
B- Crystal Palace
L- Main Street Bakery
D- Columbia Harbor House (been there twice so want something new...in or out of park)
B- Chef Mickey's
L- Wolfgang Puck Cafe
D- Ohana
D- Boma
B- Boma
L- 50's Prime Time Cafe
D- Mama Melrose Italiano

Jess(Me) Dave(DH) David(DS3)

Last edited by VeganRazzleDazzle; 06-10-2010 at 09:25 AM.
VeganRazzleDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #139
mandibc11

Quote:
I just changed our ADR's to include Boma for breakfast! I already have Kouzzina on there for breakfast. I'm super excited now! Over food, LOL!!!

Do you have any resort area Dinner suggestions on the Dining Plan?

I already have these:

D- Ohana
B- Kouzzina
L- Beaches and Cream
D- Sanaa
B- Crystal Palace
L- Main Street Bakery
D- Columbia Harbor House (been there twice so want something new...in or out of park)
B- Chef Mickey's
L- Wolfgang Puck Cafe
D- Ohana
D- Boma
B- Boma
L- 50's Prime Time Cafe
D- Mama Melrose Italiano
As far as restaurants in resorts, I've heard great things about the Vegan menu at Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. And even though it's 2 credits, our dinner at Jiko was phenomenal and they also offered a Vegan menu! We skipped breakfast one morning so we could do this, and just had leftovers out on the Boardwalk!

Have you looked at the menu for The Wave at Contemporary? It looks so delicious, and would be convenient to Magic Kingdom the evening you are there and want to try something besides Columbia Harbor House. I think we'll be trying that restaurant next time we're there!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #140
VeganRazzleDazzle
Mouseketeer

The Wave sounds good, and I was also interested to try Kona Cafe. Have you been there?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #141
bookworm0312
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Have you had Boma for dinner before? I would love to know what makes it different from other Buffets...would the food be similar to Tusker House's buffet?
Yes, I would definitely compare it to Tusker House. It's very good!!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #142
mandibc11

Yes - we really liked Kona Cafe. It was a last minute decision for us during our last day...before heading to the airport. We just walked in. Even with it being spur of the moment, the chef was able to make an Asian noodle dish with tofu for me. It was really good! The only thing I didn't care for too much was the atmosphere of the place - it's right off the lobby and pretty open to people walking by. But other than that, the food was great!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #143
mandibc11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm0312 View Post
Yes, I would definitely compare it to Tusker House. It's very good!!
Well then I'm definitely in! That food was incredible! Different from the normal Disney buffet for sure, and so many options for every type of eater!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #144
VeganRazzleDazzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes - we really liked Kona Cafe. It was a last minute decision for us during our last day...before heading to the airport. We just walked in. Even with it being spur of the moment, the chef was able to make an Asian noodle dish with tofu for me. It was really good! The only thing I didn't care for too much was the atmosphere of the place - it's right off the lobby and pretty open to people walking by. But other than that, the food was great!
Any chance they were able to make the Chocolate Fondue Vegan for you???? Sorry, I had to ask!

Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #145
mandibc11

Chocolate Fondue!! I didn't even know that existed there! We weren't on the dining plan any more, since it was our last day, so sadly, we didn't get any dessert. You will DEFINITELY have to report back to me on the fondue though!

But you know, the dessert I got at Ohana was fruit with a chocolate fondue dipping sauce...I'm sure it was the exact same thing - I mean what are they like, 20 feet apart? Surely they could go over to Ohana and grab you some chocolate at the least!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #146
VeganRazzleDazzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Chocolate Fondue!! I didn't even know that existed there! We weren't on the dining plan any more, since it was our last day, so sadly, we didn't get any dessert. You will DEFINITELY have to report back to me on the fondue though!

But you know, the dessert I got at Ohana was fruit with a chocolate fondue dipping sauce...I'm sure it was the exact same thing - I mean what are they like, 20 feet apart? Surely they could go over to Ohana and grab you some chocolate at the least!

I sure hope they can, and I'm going to make sure to ask prior to my meal to give them some extra time to figure it out!!

Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #147
mandibc11

A Tea Time Snack for the Hatter

As we were making our way to Expedition Everest for the second time that morning, Jeremy decided it was time for a nosh. He had been eyeing something in particular the entire day, and finally stopped at a little cart in Asia to pick himself up a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich!

It definitely looked delicious, filled with Cookis and Cream ice cream. He devoured it in only a few moments as we sat in the shade and cooled off from a morning spent bobbing and weaving in the crowds!

They had Strawberry Bars that I was tempted to get, but I decided I wanted to wait and save my appetite for our lunch at Tusker House!

Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #148
VeganRazzleDazzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Love your shirt!

P.S. I just added The Wave instead of my 2nd Ohana, but if Chef TJ isnt there the first Ohana night then I may have to change it last minute.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #149
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

I had to laugh that y'all went to Beaches and Cream to end your day on a sweeter note! We did the exact same thing! I'm going to have to agree on the Rice Dream...it's was just meh for me.

Boma is the BEST place for breakfast! Especially if you are rocking the Vegan lifestyle!! Quinoa is so good. I eat it regularly...even my husband enjoys it!! We found everyone at that restaurant to be so kind and willing to accommodate us in any way. We stayed at AKL our last trip and were able to eat at Boma three different times!!

lastly...I LOVE your Rescue Rangers tee!! Is that a Junk Food tee or did you find at Disney? I'm on the hunt now!!!

keep em' coming!!

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #150
mandibc11

Quote:
Love your shirt!

P.S. I just added The Wave instead of my 2nd Ohana, but if Chef TJ isnt there the first Ohana night then I may have to change it last minute.
Oh that's awesome! I say you call and ask for his schedule! From everything I've read, he's off on the weekends...I think it was just a fluke that I didn't get him when we went on a Monday! I'm excited you're going to try The Wave though - it really looks like they would be SUPER accommodating!

[QUOTE=lastly...I LOVE your Rescue Rangers tee!! Is that a Junk Food tee or did you find at Disney? I'm on the hunt now!!!

keep em' coming!![/QUOTE]

Thanks!! It's actually a Disney Couture tee - my lovely husband bought it for me for our 8 month anniversary! How cute is that?! There are so many Junk Food shirts that I love though - I just wish they weren't $30 a pop!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: