Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
chitown_disneylovers
Mouseketeer

Yak and Yeti

Was awesome.

My favorite TS meal of the week. We had the fried green beans and the pot stickers for appetizers and the sweet and sour mahi mahi and short ribs for our entrees. FANTASTIC!

Great service too.

OH, and we had the wontons for desert. YUM.
chitown_disneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

my husband and I really enjoyed our meals too. We ate there 3 weeks ago and my husband was quite surprise how yummy the pot stickers and egg roll was. I order the fried wontons but was really thrilled with it but I love the mango pie that my husband got.
Thanks for sharing.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Our meals at Y&Y were easily some of the best in park meals we ever had @ Disney. We don't always go to AK on our trips, because we don't like the park all that much, but I will probably make it a point to go just so we can eat there.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
scdak
DIS Veteran

I was very pleased with our recent lunch at Yak and Yeti, I choose that restaurant based on the other 2 peoples food preferences (they enjoy everything), I thought it would be a wasted meal for me (picky) but the sweet and sour chicken was awesome, I even experimented with some of the appetizers we chose, and the desserts were great! Our server (can't remember the name right now) was great, any server that can keep my diet coke filled earns extra tips from me! I highly recommend this restaurant to others, esp if you like Asian type foods.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Yak and Yeti - Great Food, Great Service, Great Restaurant

Yak and Yeti is our favorite restaurant... Been their twice... The appetizers are delicious -- love it all... but the Thai Chili Wings were very, very good... the baby back ribs were the best I've ever had. And the Malaysian Seafood Curry entree was the best dish I've had out of 50 or so restaurant meals between our 2009 and 2010 trips. I asked them to make it extra spicy!

Malaysian Seafood Curry -- Mahi Mahi, Scallops, Little Neck Clams, Mussels, Shrimp, Zucchini, Roma Tomatoes, Red Curry Coconut Broth, Jasmine Rice.

Ribs

Thai Chili Wings
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
Tinkerbell2B
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=DisneyFamily123;39308600]Yak and Yeti is our favorite restaurant... Been their twice... The appetizers are delicious -- love it all... but the Thai Chili Wings were very, very good... the baby back ribs were the best I've ever had. And the Malaysian Seafood Curry entree was the best dish I've had out of 50 or so restaurant meals between our 2009 and 2010 trips. I asked them to make it extra spicy!

Thanks for the great pictures! I am glad Yak and Yeti is one of our choices for March!! Can't wait!!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
Merhlyn
Earning My Ears

I also went for diner this evening. I had a 5:45 pm reservation. We arrived about 10 minutes early and were seated on time.

I had the Lettuce cups which was excellent. I followed that up with the Bourbon Chicken which also was excellent. Ended up taking the New York Cheesecake which I had to take back to the resort with me as the portions given were very large.

I would recommend this to anyone going to the Animal Kingdom.

Michael
Merhlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I've always been interested to try Yak & Yeti, it sounds really good! Thanks for your review!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Thank you ! Yak & Yeti is now on our ADR list for AK - seems to beat RFC !
Old 05-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
Yak and Yeti is our favorite restaurant... Been their twice... The appetizers are delicious -- love it all... but the Thai Chili Wings were very, very good... the baby back ribs were the best I've ever had. And the Malaysian Seafood Curry entree was the best dish I've had out of 50 or so restaurant meals between our 2009 and 2010 trips. I asked them to make it extra spicy!

Malaysian Seafood Curry -- Mahi Mahi, Scallops, Little Neck Clams, Mussels, Shrimp, Zucchini, Roma Tomatoes, Red Curry Coconut Broth, Jasmine Rice.

Ribs

Thai Chili Wings
That looks yummy!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

We tried it last summer even after the mixed to negative reviews it was getting at the time....and LOVED itRFC has been replaced with Y&Y on our must-eat list while at AK. I'll be making ADRs for our Dec. 2011 trip as soon as my 180 days rolls around
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
Quin
DIS Veteran

We ate there for the first time two weeks ago. I think it may win the prize for our favorite meal of the entire trip, and that's saying a lot! DH had the Anandapur Duck and I had the chicken with tamarind BBQ sauce. This was the only meal of the entire trip where we both ordered the same thing for dessert, based on the recommendations of the DisBoarders: the fried wontons.

Even now, all I have to do is say "fried wontons" to DH and he gets this silly smile on his face. Beyond yummy!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Unfortunately after loving it last year we went last week and it was one of the worst meals of the trip. The tuna appetizer that I loved was tasteless. DS's mahi entree tasted like a TV dinner fish dish. I enjoyed the green beans but something got both my DH and DS sick later that afternoon.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #14
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

We also loved Yak n Yeti! We went last summer and the whole family absolutely loved their food.

We had, steak and shrimp, maple tamarind chicken, mahi mahi and crispy honey chicken - all delicious!

As for the fried wontons - I tried them to see if they were as good as everyone said - and they were better! Probably my favourite dish of the whole holiday!

Great service too - a must do for us in AK
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Unfortunately after loving it last year we went last week and it was one of the worst meals of the trip. The tuna appetizer that I loved was tasteless. DS's mahi entree tasted like a TV dinner fish dish. I enjoyed the green beans but something got both my DH and DS sick later that afternoon.
I hope they both felt better the next day.
Did they wash their hands with soap before eating ?
A good practice to follow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: