Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #31
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

Your girls are beautiful!! Looking forward to reading more of your TR!

Recently: 5/28-6/4 HOJO'S KIDS SUITE DISNEYLAND!
With Kids:
4/03 ASMO and Caribbean Beach Resort
4/05 HOJO's DL
4/07 Nick Hotel and WH
4-5/09 Nick Hotel and WH
6/10 WH
5-6/11 HOJO'S DL
6/12 Split stay: WH/AKV/Poly
5/29-6/12/13 WH 2 WEEKS!!

Before kids:
1986 WDW
1992 DL
BellaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #32
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - California Adventure pt. 2

We had lunch at ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney and then returned to CA. My older girls were busting at the seams to ride Tower of Terror! While I also really enjoy this ride, the anticipation right before you drop always freaks me out so much I wonder why I am riding it in the first place. But as soon as its finished you always want to ride it AGAIN!

We must have ran into Goofy on our way to the Animation Academy building..

This was the most time we'd ever spent in the Animation Academy bldg, and it was a great place to relax and mainly let the baby crawl around and get some exercise since she was on Day 3 of being in her stroller. DH and the older girls went to draw a picture of a Disney character and they all came back with very cute Mickey drawings. We also got some neat pictures in the building.

We ran into our old pal Stitch back out on Hollywood Blvd:

Monsters Inc. was up next and this is a ride that DH and I both are sentimental about. Monsters Inc. was the first Disney movie that DD1 really got into. We learned it by heart when she was around 2 years old, so it will always hold a soft spot for us.

We rode Soarin' again using our FPs from earlier and let the girls meet Mater and Lightening McQueen.

We called it a day at California Adventure and headed back to Disneyland.
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #33
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 3 -Disneyland

We arrived at Disneyland just in time for the Flag Retreat ceremony. Being a military family we are also very patriotic so this was fun for us to see.

We stopped in front of the castle for my favorite of all photos at Disneyland, CASTLE photos!

I especially love this one:

Anyone remember this one from last year?

Old 01-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Goofy's Kitchen

We booked our trip throgh Costco Travel and one of the perks was 4 vouchers for a character dining. We opted for Goofy's Kitchen since we had done Ariel's Grotto and Lilo and Stitch (now Mickey's Surf's Up or similar) on previous trips.

We took the Monorail from Disneyland into Downtown Disney and then made the short walk to the Disneyland Hotel. The food was the typical Disney buffet type stuff and we stocked up on the fresh fruits since they are usually what we lack while on trips and live on at home!

Our table was in a corner and we didn't get that much attention from our server if I recall but since it was a buffet we were not too upset. We missed a few of the characters walking around as well but Mulan and Minnie made up for that since they were both so great and interactive with the girls!

Mulan especially made sure to ask about their day, outfits, and was very impressed when DD1 told her she was Mulan for Halloween the year before.

Last edited by momto2nenas; 01-09-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #35
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Disneyland

After our dinner at Goofy's Kitchen we caught the Monorail back into Disneyland and hung out in Fantasyland for a little bit longer.

We rode the Teacups, King Arthur's Carousel, and then the Teacups again!

Disneyland is so amazing all lit up at night.

Day 3 was definately our best day so far. I was feeling so much better and that made it better for everyone else as well.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #36
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you are finishing your TR! I can not believe how grown up the girls look NOW as compared to last May! Unreal!

I started my PTR if you want to check it out.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #37
Bungle
DIS Veteran

Those are great pictures. Reading your trip report makes me look forward to visiting in may!

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #38
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

This is the first TR I've read and I'm glad I did! You've done an amazing job telling about your trip and with the pictures, i almost feel like I went with you! Great job, can't wait for more!
Disneyland - BW Anaheim October 2013 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim June/July 2013 First Solo Trip
Disneyland - DLH April/May 2013 Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's Christmas 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's October 2012 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's July 2012 First Disney Trip with Boyfriend
Disneyland - BW Stovall's & Anaheim Valentine's 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim December 2011 Brother/Sister Trip
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
14 Disneyland Trips between 1984-2010
Briarrose1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #39
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the fun trip report...it was kind of reminding me of our trip last May, but we got there right around the time you left, we also did the 5 for 3, stayed at the Fairfield, and I was getting over my illness when we got there too! In fact, since we flew all night from Alaska, I was EXHAUSTED and asked if we could check in early, which after they tried putting us in a 1st floor room (which I politely declined, not feeling comfortable with that idea) they ended up putting in a higher room and I got to rest for a while before heading to the park! Not the most exciting thing to do, but I really needed it, and since I don't sleep well on planes, and I was sick, I was very tired. Your girls are adorable, especially the way you dressed them!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #40
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - My 31st Birthday!

Well it's been exactly 1 year ago since this trip in May 2010... I just celebrated my 32nd birthday on the 18th so I figured now is a good time to finish up my Trip Report from my 31st birthday at Disneyland.

We'd just finished up our 3rd day but first full day at the parks. I was feeling 100% percent better and looking forward to our Magic Morning on our 4th day at the parks. Some little beauty was not ready to get up that early...

We got her up and everyone ready to wait at the gates for our Magic Morning....but it was raining.

But rain shouldn't stop anyone from having the best time at Disneyland! We went to Fantasyland and did all our favorites with time to spare before official park opening.

For the first time ever, we rode Finding Nemo subs. We were there for the grand opening in June '07 and not interested in 3 hour lines AT ALL. But during MM it was manageable. Will we ever ride it again...no. None of us really enjoyed it. It was cramped, stuffy, *stinky (hold the gas people for 11 minutes would ya?!) and just too slow. The kids enjoyed it at first but were getting bored by the end.

The rain let up and we were off to explore the rest of the park and another first for us was Thunder Ranch. So cute!

We took a quick ride on BTMRR (my big girls' #1 favorite in the park!) and then headed to Cafe Orleans for my birthday lunch.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #41
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 5

We had lunch at my favorite restaurant at Disneyland, Cafe Orleans. The food was great as usual, nothing tastes just like a CO Monte Cristo! But our server was seriously lacking in the hospitality department. It kinda put a damper on my birthday lunch when my husband had to ask more than once for the celebration beignets and then the server *so nicely* dropped them in front of me as he passed by.. BUT I wasn't there to celebrate with him. I was there with my beautiful family who makes everyday a celebration!

After lunch it was time for Critter Country. My DD#2 has loved the Pooh ride since she was 7 months old! Usually (like this visit!) we are lucky enough to get to ride it twice without having to get off, that makes her so happy. We saw some cute "critters" hanging around after the ride so we stopped for some pictures.

We made our way back to the hub to take some castle pics, stopping to ride a few favorite rides in between.

Last edited by momto2nenas; 05-20-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #42
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 4

Castle picc are always my favorite!

(p.s. we've since gotten better at the hand/heart pose... full hands make for a better picture. )

We hung out in front of the castle for quite awhile, resting our legs, letting the baby crawl around. DH said this is one of his favorite pictures from the trip:

Here are 2 of my favorites:

We strolled over to Coke Corner to refuel with everyone's favorite ice cream treats, cookies, and Vanilla Cokes.

Up next, we head over to California Adventure!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #43
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - California Adventure

Once we crossed over to CA we headed straight to A Bug's Land. We always enjoy all the rides here as a family.

We LOVE the smells and sounds on Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. The big girls tried to taste the drips from the watermelon this time to see if it was real watermelon juice...DD#1 determined it's just water..

We spent some more time exploring and then rode the ToT. Love and hate that ride at the same time! Everytime I get in the seat the anticipation of the drops overwhelms for about 5 seconds and then it's so fun! Even our middle girl loves this ride!

We had pulled a full park day this day with no afternoon break so we headed back to the room early. If I remember correctly, DH took the big girls to the pool for awhile and then we ended the day with a pizza party in our room compliments of the Fairfield Inn's Pizza Hut (I think they do this once per stay or it may have came with our Costco package?). It was the best pizza! I'm not usually a fan of Pizza Hut but this was so good and the perfect way to end a birthday!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #44
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Final Day

Our final day at Disneyland had arrived. We were so glad we had the 5 for 3 this time since our first 2 days were mostly sick days for me and we spent a limited time at the parks.

We were up early and at the gates 30 mins and led down Main Street for rope drop. We had Mickey's Toontown Madness passes for this morning and we were excited to go check it out........ However as we passed through Fantasyland we noticed how completely empty it was, and then we get to ToonTown and it was packed to the gills with a line to show your tickets to the CM. We made a command decision and turned around and went right back to Fantasyland and hopped on all our favorites with no lines.

Oh, and we had to stop for the Disneyland duck crossing.. seriously the cutest things we'd seen in the parks the whole 5 days! They even had their own CM attending to them!

DD#1 was old enough to fly her own Dumbo and was so excited about that!

And would you look at my Pretty Precious and her Papi!

We rode the Casey Jr. Circus train and then went back to ToonTown for the last 15 mins. or so of MTTMM.

Minnie was waiting for us on her front porch! She loved everyone's Minnie attire!

And we had fun exploring her cute little house.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #45
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

We had lunch reservations at Carnation Cafe and enjoyed our lunch. We got to talk with the famous Oscar for several minutes and he told us some neat stories about the good ole' days of Disneyland and about Walt Disney.

Some pictures as we made our way over to California Adventure:

The big girls wanted to go back to CA and ride Grizzly River Rapids and were hoping to meet the "bears". I don't remember who I asked but I was told exactly where the Brother Bears would be and at what time so we went to wait for them as a surprise. My girls were so excited!

We walked the wooded trail around the back way to GRR and that's where the baby and I sat and relaxed for awhile while the big girls and their Papi went to get wet!

DD#3 was so happy to be out of the stroller and crawling around. I just love the combo of the fluffy tutu and the hole in her sock...

Now since this trip was a year ago and I don't have my notes on hand I'm not sure what we did after this... we must have eaten dinner somewhere.. actually I think we went to White Water Snacks and ate or maybe Downtown Disney...?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: