Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #76
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

The party looks amazing! How sweet of them to plan that for you, it looks like it was definitely worth the wait! Your mom is so talented, the centerpieces are amazing. What a great surprise to have the White Rabbit come with the cake. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #77
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Your shower looks like it was wonderful! What a beautiful job everyone did on it -- I really love those centerpieces that your mom made, and you looked so cute! It was easy to see how much you were enjoying yourself.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #78
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Your shower looks so amazing! I can just imagine how excited you must have been, seeing as you are a huge Alice fan. Your family did a good job of surprising you and adding in those extras. Your mom also did a great job with the centrepieces!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #79
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

This is probably the most amazing bridal shower I've seen. Those centerpieces are beyond awesome--I love the flowers with eyes! just like the movie!!!
DCL Trip November 2006 Disney Wonder
WDW Trip November 2006 Coronado Springs Resort
WDW November 2007 Allstar Music Resort
WDW April 2008 Off Site at Friends House
WDW November 2008 Hilton Head Island Resort and Port Orleans Riverside
DCL November 2008 Disney Wonder
WDW Trip April 2009 Off Site (Champions Resort)
WDW Trip 2010 Royal Plaza Hotel DTD
http://chelseaandmax.livejournal.com

My DisBoards DCL Planning Journal
chelsrae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #80
curiouser
Keep believing, keep pretending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_Friend#1 View Post
What a great party! The centerpieces are awesome! Such a talented family.
Thank you, Heidi!! You are too sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcampbell View Post
What a fantastic surprise!! And btw your mom rocks at centerpieces!! They were so cute! I love the whole "golden afternoon" flowers. I <3 the white rabbit and your face was just priceless when he entered. Totally can't wait to see more. (oh, and I've decided that we are going to go to the HDDR on one of our next trips to WDW so thanks!)
The "golden afternoon" centerpiece was my favorite too. I thought they would start talking any moment. "Just what specie, or shall we say, genus, are you, my dear?" "Well, I suppose you could call me a genus... humanus.. Alice!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Wow! What a fabulous party! Is your mom a pro? Those centerpieces are adorable. How'd she put those together on vacation?!

Also, I must know where you got your dress—SO cute!
She's not a pro, she just has that crafty gene! She didn't pass it along to me, sadly. I can make friends with the Adobe Creative Suite, but put me in Michaels and I am like a lost sheep. She made the centerpieces at home and then my IL's drove down so they were able to transport them.

My dress is from Macy's. It's a Calvin Klein dress and it comes in a billion colors so if pink isn't your thing I am sure you can find a color that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
The centerpieces are amazing - what a lovely, lovely suprise. Food looks yummy! Your outfit was so cute and went with the theme perfectly.
Thank you! The food was yummy and there were tons of leftovers. I wish we had smuggled in take-out containers to keep some of the fruit and sandwiches. It's so awful seeing stuff go to waste, you know?

That's my tip for this entry: if you have a bridal tea smuggle in tupperware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
The party looks amazing! How sweet of them to plan that for you, it looks like it was definitely worth the wait! Your mom is so talented, the centerpieces are amazing. What a great surprise to have the White Rabbit come with the cake. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Looking forward to hearing more!
Thank you! I'll pass on the accolades to my mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
Your shower looks like it was wonderful! What a beautiful job everyone did on it -- I really love those centerpieces that your mom made, and you looked so cute! It was easy to see how much you were enjoying yourself.
Everyone did amazing and they were so good at hiding every thing from me! One guest did slip up the day before and mention about a tea party, but it still didn't ruin the surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Your shower looks so amazing! I can just imagine how excited you must have been, seeing as you are a huge Alice fan. Your family did a good job of surprising you and adding in those extras. Your mom also did a great job with the centrepieces!
Oh gosh yes, I could have just skipped the wedding and been happy with just the shower. It's probably a good thing I didn't know about it in advance because I am dorky enough to have worn an Alice dress (just kidding! maybe...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsrae85 View Post
This is probably the most amazing bridal shower I've seen. Those centerpieces are beyond awesome--I love the flowers with eyes! just like the movie!!!
Thank you! I just read your LJ bio and it is hysterical! I love the bit about eating overpriced cake. You are so funny!
curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #81
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I love your shower!! I am having a mad tea party too. I am so jealous I wanted to use the props and have a character but a little out of my budget. The centerpieces are amazing!!
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #82
bunny_pop
Mouseketeer

I just love the tea party! What a nice surprise bridal shower
Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #83
coconutprincess
DIS Veteran

What an amazing surprise! I just love the dress you wore! You mom did a fantastic job on those centerpieces. They were amazing! Your cake was beautiful!!!! What a wonderful shower! Talk about a dream come true!

Trips:
Grand Floridian (1980's) - Swan (1993)- Radisson Resort Parkway Band/Majorette Trip (1995) - Radisson Resort Parkway Band/Majorette Trip (1997) - Embassy Suites(1997) - OKW (2000) - Carribbean Beach (2001) - POR (2006) - POR (2009) - POR (2010) - WL (2011) - WL (2013)
coconutprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #84
Disney Bride To Be
Earning My Ears

Morgan... I am just tuning in! I have to say WOW. You have so many fun ideas, I am in the early stages of planning and after reading your TR I have so many more ideas. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the S'mores! Such a cute idea and fun. Your welcome bags are to die for. I esp. loved the mickey mouse ice cream bar name tags. such a wonderful idea.
How wonderful that your family was able to keep your shower a surprise. The party looked amazing. I cannot wait to read more...

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ----Walt Disney
Disney Bride To Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #85
DisneyCookie24
Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disney!

OMG, I LOVE everything so far! The HDD is such a great idea and those welcome bags are too cute. That's so nice of your family to surprise you with the bridal shower... how awesome.. I am definitely subscribing! I can't wait to hear more!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #86
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I had a lot of catching up to do!
Seeing your rehearsal dinner made me want to go to HDDR! In fact, I think I need to try it this trip.
And you are so smart for having it a couple days before the wedding! My DH got a bit drunk at our rehearsal and let's just say it was a good thing we had a late wedding the next day!

Your shower was amazing! It all just looked so perfect!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #87
ericapixiedust
Earning My Ears

And, OMG-you are totally adorable in that hot pink dress! You and the White Rabbit are competing for cuteness.

ericapixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #88
KR1343
Mouseketeer

Everything looked amazing! I love the bridal shower idea... so cute. The welcome bags, buttons and all you details are amazing Congrats!!
KR1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #89
LuluLovesDisney
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!
I guess Rainy Days are definitely a "turn on"!

I want one!! lol Seriously, this is an amazing shower! I cannot wait for more!!
LuluLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #90
BravaCentauri
Earning My Ears

You had the most gorgeous shower! Was it hard to wait till Florida instead of having one a couple months earlier? I love that cake! What a masterpiece! And please let me know if you open an Etsy store and sell your designed paper products and buttons. They are amazing!
BravaCentauri is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: