Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #1246
jgplimdesign
Under the spell of a very famous mouse. . .

Was sad to read your review. . . My husband and I have done Disney on two visits as vegetarians. . .our next trip will be as vegans. I've read some decent and hopeful reviews from some, so I was quite dismayed (as you were, AustinsMom068) by the uninspired offerings you encountered during your trip!
WDW visits: 1974 (age 4), 1976, 1980, 1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, October 2004, October 2005, October 2006, October 2007, March 2009, February/March 2010, October/November 2010, October/November 2011, October/November 2012, May 2013. December 2013
jgplimdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #1247
jgplimdesign
Under the spell of a very famous mouse. . .

Actually, while I'm here. . . can anyone comment on where and whether they were able to get vegan cheese on a pizza or flatbread in any of the park or resort restaurants?

I've seen it listed at times on a grand list of products that can be found on premises, but wonder how readily available it is. . .

Can't wait to see some responses! Hopeful.
WDW visits: 1974 (age 4), 1976, 1980, 1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, October 2004, October 2005, October 2006, October 2007, March 2009, February/March 2010, October/November 2010, October/November 2011, October/November 2012, May 2013. December 2013
jgplimdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #1248
danijake
Vegan Cupcake Baker Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgplimdesign View Post
Actually, while I'm here. . . can anyone comment on where and whether they were able to get vegan cheese on a pizza or flatbread in any of the park or resort restaurants?

I've seen it listed at times on a grand list of products that can be found on premises, but wonder how readily available it is. . .

Can't wait to see some responses! Hopeful.
I've had vegan pizza at Pop Century a few times. They use Tofutti sliced mozzarella, which isn't the best, but I was still happy to have pizza as an option.

DL Sept. 2013 (Off-Site) . WDW Jan. 2012 (Pop Century) . WDW Dec. 2008 (Off-Site) . WDW Oct. 2005 (Pop Century) . WDW Nov. 1990 (Off-Site)
danijake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #1249
Disneymom3304
Planning our next Disney Vacation...

They have vegan cheese at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom. Make sure you stop at the allergy booth too they have menus with different vegan options at select restaurants in the park and vegan snacks available for purchase.
Disneymom3304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #1250
danijake

Has anyone stayed at Art of Animation? What vegan options were available? I'm wondering if the chefs are able to make vegan waffles like they do at Pop Century.

DL Sept. 2013 (Off-Site) . WDW Jan. 2012 (Pop Century) . WDW Dec. 2008 (Off-Site) . WDW Oct. 2005 (Pop Century) . WDW Nov. 1990 (Off-Site)
Old 09-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #1251
wellesleyprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijake View Post
Has anyone stayed at Art of Animation? What vegan options were available? I'm wondering if the chefs are able to make vegan waffles like they do at Pop Century.
I'm glad to hear that Pop is able to do vegan waffles as we'll be staying there next month (I'm vegan and my dad is omni). Any other vegan dishes at Pop?

Also any vegans been to Biergarten? My dad wants to go but I'm not sure if there is anything I'll be able to eat.

So looking forward to Terra at Food and Wine any word on vegan food at the other booths?

Any vegans done MNSSHP? Are there enough treats we can eat or should I plan to switch out?

Last time I went I was gluten free and lacto-ovo and that was pretty easy, but it seems like dairy is the hardest to avoid.
March 1990- WDW Offsite ~ May 1994[/COLOR]- WDW Polynesian Resort ~ May 1999- WDW Coronado Springs Resort ~ April 2003- Offsite (EPCOT & MGM & Universal) ~ June 2005- WDW Yacht Club ~ March 2008- Pop Century at Easter ~ January 2010 Marathon Weekend Trip at All Star Sports (Full Marathon Finisher)~ May/June 2010 Contemporary ~ January 2011 POFQ (Goofy Challenge)~August/September 2012 WWoHP~ September/October 2012 ToT 10 Miler/ Food & Wine All Star Sports~ October 2013 Pop Century Father-Daughter Food & Wine trip

Planning: Summer/Fall 2015 Universal Diagon Alley Universal Trip; 2015/2016 RunDisney trip (All Star Sports or POFQ), May 2017 Birthday/Graduation Trip (AKL or AoA)
wellesleyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #1252
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

We haven't had much luck with vegan options - other than Terra, which is great - at F&W. I think one year they had some vegan falafel at Morrocco.

We usually do MNSSHP for the parade and other fun stuff, but skip the treats. They are standard candy bars mostly, and you can't really pick what you get or stand there reading the labels because they just toss a handful of mixed candy items into your bag.

TP
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #1253
danijake

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellesleyprincess View Post
I'm glad to hear that Pop is able to do vegan waffles as we'll be staying there next month (I'm vegan and my dad is omni). Any other vegan dishes at Pop?
The chefs at Pop were awesome last time I was there. They made me veggie lo mien, pizza with tofutti cheese, Mickey waffles with maple syrup and strawberries, and ice cream with cookies and fruit.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #1254
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

What about vegan AND gluten free at the POP?

Any input on vegan AND gluten free at BOG?

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #1255
TNtigerlilly
Earning My Ears

Alas I have stopped the lurking and joined! First post! I love you Disboards, I really do!
Has anyone been to Chefs de France recently?!
I am trying to decide which restaurant I want to reserve in Epcot.
We currently have ADRs for Chefs De France but the Vegan reviews I have read recently are less than mediocre! I don't want to go to such a terrific park to eat and walk away hungry.
We are deciding if we want to change it to Rose & Crown, Teppan Edo, Akershus, or one of the Italian Restaurants.

Any reviews, recommendations, or tips on which to choose are greatly appreciated!
TNtigerlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #1256
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

I'm a vegetarian and on my disney college program right now and I've been taking pictures of all my veggie meals. I don't have time to post any reviews at the moment but when I return in January I'll have quite a list of reviews for this thread. For now:

Best:
Sunshine Seasons Vegan Beef and Rice
Sunshine Seasons in general has a lot of great choices
Columbia Harbour House Lighthouse Sandwich
Yak and Yeti Tofu Noodles
Vegetarian Platter in Morocco is to die for.

Both of the meals at BOG were not really that impressive. The quinoa plate was not filling and the salad was definitely not my favorite thing. The salad is the same with the veggie quiche but the quiche is much better.

I had a tofu noodle bowl at Brown Derby and this was probably the one I was most annoyed with considering I paid a hefty price, but it was just not very good. I took half of it home and it was really gross reheated.

Prime Time has a good veggie lasagna but I actually preferred the Veggie Pattie Melt they made for me in place of it with a boca burger.

I did not like the veggie meal Shepherds Pie at Sci-Fi.

As I said I'll have more at a later point!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #1257
DaymanX
Mouseketeer

Chef TJ

Is Chef TJ still at 1900 Park Fare? If not, does anyone know if he's at a different resort restaurant?

We're going to have a night before and after our upcoming cruise on the Disney Fantasy, and we were thinking of making a special trip to WDW for a few vegan meals.

Thanks!
DaymanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #1258
11point5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
I'm a vegetarian and on my disney college program right now and I've been taking pictures of all my veggie meals. I don't have time to post any reviews at the moment but when I return in January I'll have quite a list of reviews for this thread. For now:

Best:
Sunshine Seasons Vegan Beef and Rice
Sunshine Seasons in general has a lot of great choices
Columbia Harbour House Lighthouse Sandwich
Yak and Yeti Tofu Noodles
Vegetarian Platter in Morocco is to die for.

Both of the meals at BOG were not really that impressive. The quinoa plate was not filling and the salad was definitely not my favorite thing. The salad is the same with the veggie quiche but the quiche is much better.

I had a tofu noodle bowl at Brown Derby and this was probably the one I was most annoyed with considering I paid a hefty price, but it was just not very good. I took half of it home and it was really gross reheated.

Prime Time has a good veggie lasagna but I actually preferred the Veggie Pattie Melt they made for me in place of it with a boca burger.

I did not like the veggie meal Shepherds Pie at Sci-Fi.

As I said I'll have more at a later point!
Thanks so much for posting this info!! I was a little iffy on my ADRs at Prime Time and Sci-Fi. Can't wait to see/read more of your college program food stuff when you have time to post it!
April 2000 - (POFQ) Second Daddy-Daughter Trip!
April 2007 - (AS Sports) High School Band Trip!
October 2012 - (ASMu) DBF's First Trip AND Our 3 Year Dating Anniversary!
February 2014 - (POR) Glass Slipper Challenge Trip!
March 2015 to March 2016 - Canadian Pavilion Cultural Rep Program!
11point5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #1259
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer

I just had the most amazing dinner at Portobello's!!! I eat vegan when in the U.S. And not cooking for myself&I will be doing a trip report when I get home but I thought I would let everyone here know if they are looking for ADR suggestions :-) I was on the reg disney dining plan and that made it really affordable! Spaghetti with tomato basil sauce, broccoli, onion, carrots, zucchini, roasted garlic, spinach, mushrooms and chili flakes :-) And a HUGE portion, way too much but I am carbing up for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler on sat so I think I'm ok :-)
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #1260
sanapunk
Kahtkateer
Me number one kite flier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijake View Post
While they were able to, I had to explain what i wanted very clearly to the chef. When I told him I was a vegan, he said he could make me an egg white omlette.

Plus the waffles are 3 little round waffles, not the nice big crunchy pop waffle! I'm going back November 1st to stay there for 2 nights, with no ADRs so I can experience what the food court has to offer. I'll try to report back!!

Who's the driver of the kaht that's made for you and me? V-A-R-L-E-Y B-A-W-B!!
sanapunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: