Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #736
matypuppy
Earning My Ears

CRT Vegan Breakfast

Has anyone had a vegan breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table lately? I went about six years ago as a vegetarian before I was a vegan so I am thinking there may not be many options since the healthy choice includes yogurt and the pastries have eggs.

If anyone has been as a vegan, please post any information. Thanks!
matypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #737
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienchen View Post
Just a quick question, I'm looking at having breakfast at some of the CS food courts and noticed most items come with a side of bacon or saussage, what's the veggie option?
At Pop it was a biscuit. I get breakfast sandwiches (they'll make you one fresh without the meat on it) and the normal side was potatoes; the other option was a biscuit. I wanted fruit so bad by about the fourth day, and WISH I could've had some grapes!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #738
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
At Pop it was a biscuit. I get breakfast sandwiches (they'll make you one fresh without the meat on it) and the normal side was potatoes; the other option was a biscuit. I wanted fruit so bad by about the fourth day, and WISH I could've had some grapes!
Looks like we're going to stay at POP next February

Hopefully I can get something else other than a biscuit, that would just be carb overload I'd be happy with one of those kids sized bags of grapes
We might just end up paying OOP for a fruit cup and a cinnamon roll or use a snack credit on it

I think unless we have breakfast away from the food court it's a waste of a CS credit, though the 'vegetable omelet' sounds good
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Rienchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #739
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at POP and ASmovies and both food courts were very helpful. I was able to sub for grapes with no issues with all breakfast items. They even went in the back to check and see if the yogurt in the parfait was vegetarian for me. They will even get a manager or chef out to help you if you need it.

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Disneyland Hotel-1, Paradise Pier-3
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #740
coltsfanatic
"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."

Location: 80 Miles from THE Ohio State University, but Florida real soon!

Question Misc.

So, with my ADR date nearing, I have a couple nitty-gritty questions.

1) Any experience at Coral Reef with vegan food? (Soups, pasta or salad, mainly-I'd like to keep it <$$.) Also, is it possible to just get a veggie burger, I've heard all of the TS do, but need confirmation?

2) Is the dark chocolate at Goofy's Candy Compnay dairy-free?

3) I've heard Typhoon Lagoon offers Amy's mac-n-cheese at Leaning Palms, but is it the vegan kind?

Thanks so much everyone!

Last edited by coltsfanatic; 10-18-2011 at 10:21 AM.
coltsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #741
eeyore81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfanatic View Post
So, with my ADR date nearing, I have a couple nitty-gritty questions.

1) Any experience at Coral Reef with vegan food? (Soups, pasta or salad, mainly-I'd like to keep it <$$.) Also, is it possible to just get a veggie burger, I've heard all of the TS do, but need confirmation?
We have eaten at Coral Reef two or three times as vegans. We have always had great meals. We have vegan noted on our ressie and contact special dining before we go. The chefs are so knowledgeable. I would think you could get a veggie burger but the food we have had has been so good, I wouldn't settle for a veggie burger.
eeyore81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #742
eeyore81
Mouseketeer

I need a little help with my January reservations. Anyone have a recommendation for a vegan breakfast TS. We have one breakfast at Boma but need one more TS meal. Thanks for any help!!!
eeyore81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #743
DaymanX
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore81 View Post
I need a little help with my January reservations. Anyone have a recommendation for a vegan breakfast TS. We have one breakfast at Boma but need one more TS meal. Thanks for any help!!!
What about Tusker House for breakfast?
DaymanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #744
DCDisney
On my way...

The Wave has some nice vegan options and more organic items than most places at WDW.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #745
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

We are in WDW - a quick report on our first few meals

We are having an amazing trip! Three vegans and three omnivores...

We arrived Sunday and had dinner at California Grill. Our server was Taz, and he was very gracious despite our special requests, and helped us time the meal so we could go out and watch Hallowishes from the walkway. We met with chef Kevin, and he started us with excellent salads, then served us the Vegan Unplugged, four small portions each of different dishes. One was a different green salad, one was two pieces of flatbread with tomatoes and carmelized onions, one was a roasted corn dish in a slightly spicy sauce over rice (really good!), the last was greens with pomegranate seeds and dried cherries. We loved everything.

Monday lunch at Le Cellier. Our server was Edward and he was charming and very helpful. Chef Paul did not seem thrilled at first to have three vegans to feed, but he made us an outstanding risotto with a variety of mushrooms and vegetables in a very tasty sauce. We also started this meal with a green salad, and finished with peach sorbet. Again, we loved it all.

Monday dinner at Rose and Crown - out on the patio so we could watch Illuminations. We soon discovered that all the tables near us were occupied by other people from Canada! Our server was Chris, a very pleasant and helpful Irish lad with a beautiful accent, and he sent out Chef John who cheerfully offered to make us some special meals. Did he ever! Once again, we started with green salads. He made me a vegetarian shepherd's pie, topped with cauliflower/potato mash and with a filling of vegetables in an incredibly good wine sauce, and more roasted veggies on the side. The other two vegans had two 'double fried' tomatoes (crusted with panko) served with roasted root vegetables and the same cauliflower-potato mash, with a sricha (?spelling) and orange sauce. We were all thrilled with it. Ali told Chef John she wanted to kiss him, and I gave him a big hug.

So our first three meals have all be outstanding. We are eating at Raglan Road today, and heading to the Halloween Party tonight. Tomorrow we are doing the Lunch with an Animal Expert at Sanaa. More reports to come.

Teresa
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #746
cherylp3
Florida Resident

Just announced on twitter, babycakes at dtd is adding waffles on certain days, the waffles are still in a beta phase - check their twitter to confirm that they are making them!

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #747
misschantal
Earning My Ears

I am so surprised that Disney hasn't added what restaurants have a vegetarian option.

I am Vegan and just returned from a successful trip. I think I did drive my family a little nuts and it does require alot of pre-planning.
misschantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #748
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
We are having an amazing trip! Three vegans and three omnivores...

We arrived Sunday and had dinner at California Grill. Our server was Taz, and he was very gracious despite our special requests, and helped us time the meal so we could go out and watch Hallowishes from the walkway. We met with chef Kevin, and he started us with excellent salads, then served us the Vegan Unplugged, four small portions each of different dishes. One was a different green salad, one was two pieces of flatbread with tomatoes and carmelized onions, one was a roasted corn dish in a slightly spicy sauce over rice (really good!), the last was greens with pomegranate seeds and dried cherries. We loved everything.

Monday lunch at Le Cellier. Our server was Edward and he was charming and very helpful. Chef Paul did not seem thrilled at first to have three vegans to feed, but he made us an outstanding risotto with a variety of mushrooms and vegetables in a very tasty sauce. We also started this meal with a green salad, and finished with peach sorbet. Again, we loved it all.

Monday dinner at Rose and Crown - out on the patio so we could watch Illuminations. We soon discovered that all the tables near us were occupied by other people from Canada! Our server was Chris, a very pleasant and helpful Irish lad with a beautiful accent, and he sent out Chef John who cheerfully offered to make us some special meals. Did he ever! Once again, we started with green salads. He made me a vegetarian shepherd's pie, topped with cauliflower/potato mash and with a filling of vegetables in an incredibly good wine sauce, and more roasted veggies on the side. The other two vegans had two 'double fried' tomatoes (crusted with panko) served with roasted root vegetables and the same cauliflower-potato mash, with a sricha (?spelling) and orange sauce. We were all thrilled with it. Ali told Chef John she wanted to kiss him, and I gave him a big hug.

So our first three meals have all be outstanding. We are eating at Raglan Road today, and heading to the Halloween Party tonight. Tomorrow we are doing the Lunch with an Animal Expert at Sanaa. More reports to come.

Teresa
Oooh, I can't wait to hear about your lunch at Sanaa!!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #749
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had a decent experience with vegan/vegetarian dining at Teppan Edo? I've wanted to take the kids to Benihana for ages, but we haven't made it out to one yet. I figure we can do Teppan Edo, since we are there anyway, but the You Tube videos have me quite concerned. They seem to be using the same utensils and flipping everything around together. I know that choosing to eat a vegan meal is different than having a life-threatening allergy, and that I can eat around the meat that may accidentally find its way into my food, but does the veggie food end up tasting like meat or shrimp? Also what veggies do they give you if you aren't eating meat? The YT vids all seem to have meat eaters, so I didn't get a sense of what veggies are mixed in or whether they have tofu or something.

I'd also love to hear any Epcot/BW area counter service recommendations for vegan food choices. I think I can find enough MK options, but I'm a little overwhelmed by Epcot and our hotel. Thanks!!!

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #750
cherylp3
Florida Resident

my friends went to teppan edo - unfortunately there was not many options. (most of the stuff is in animal broth) I'd recommend contacting the restaurant in advance

For epcot counter service I like sunshine seasons. There is also counter service at Electric Umbrella and United States. The Vegan Satori blog, has had luck at tangerine cafe.

The counter service at boardwalk and beach club is just premade stuff. (salad maybe veg. sushi) You may want to contact the disney dietary email and see what they say.

Which hotel are you at?

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: