Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #691
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
Does anyone know where in the (Disney) World is Chef TJ working now?
I've read reports that he is at 1900 Park Fare now.

HunnyJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #692
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Thanks HunnyJar.
My second question: Has anyone done Wanyama Safari tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge? A "family style" dinner at Jiko is included with the experience. I wonder if they have Vegetarian option?

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #693
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
Thanks HunnyJar.
My second question: Has anyone done Wanyama Safari tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge? A "family style" dinner at Jiko is included with the experience. I wonder if they have Vegetarian option?
My husband and I are thinking about checking out the safari tour next year.. I haven't been to Jiko yet, but I do know that they have a vegetarian menu.. Here is a link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...vegetarian.pdf

And here's a link to the vegan menu..

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...menu-vegan.pdf

Hope this helps a little!

** Since they offer vegetarian and vegan dishes, I would venture that they would allow you to order something. I would call and talk with a CM about this when you sign up for the safari.

Last edited by HunnyJar; 09-27-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #694
Abra Cat
DIS Veteran

Can anyone recommend a better counter service vegetarian option at Animal Kingdom than veggie or cheese pizza at Pizzafari? I see that Restaurantosaurus has a Vegetable Subosaurus that sounds like it may be okay-- what do you think? Thanks in advance!

Pictures
from our December 2011 trip
Abra Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #695
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abra Cat View Post
Can anyone recommend a better counter service vegetarian option at Animal Kingdom than veggie or cheese pizza at Pizzafari? I see that Restaurantosaurus has a Vegetable Subosaurus that sounds like it may be okay-- what do you think? Thanks in advance!
I just had the veggie sandwich on 9-10 and it was actually pretty good! I can't remember the exact vegetables on the sandwich, but I do remember that is was tasty. The only thing I didn't like was the roll or bun that it was served on. It fell apart so quickly!

Another place I might recommend is Flame Tree BBQ. They have a fantastic fruit plate here. I don't eat the yogurt, but my kids do and they loved it. There is more than enough fruit and it was fresh and very good.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #696
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
There is a cart in Asia outside of Yak & Yeti not far from the tea place. We were there last December and my wife, the vegetarian, greatly enjoyed the spring rolls. The rolls were fresh, hot and with hot tea (it was December remember) we were full with 2 rolls each.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #697
Abra Cat
DIS Veteran

Thank you on the Flame Tree rec-- somehow I missed the fruit plate on the menu. It's funny that the park that's so committed to animal welfare has the fewest vegetarian options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyJar View Post
I just had the veggie sandwich on 9-10 and it was actually pretty good! I can't remember the exact vegetables on the sandwich, but I do remember that is was tasty. The only thing I didn't like was the roll or bun that it was served on. It fell apart so quickly!

Another place I might recommend is Flame Tree BBQ. They have a fantastic fruit plate here. I don't eat the yogurt, but my kids do and they loved it. There is more than enough fruit and it was fresh and very good.

Pictures
Old 09-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #698
Abra Cat
DIS Veteran

Oooh... that sounds really good-- thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
There is a cart in Asia outside of Yak & Yeti not far from the tea place. We were there last December and my wife, the vegetarian, greatly enjoyed the spring rolls. The rolls were fresh, hot and with hot tea (it was December remember) we were full with 2 rolls each.

Pictures
Old 09-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #699
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's funny that the park that's so committed to animal welfare has the fewest vegetarian options...
I find that so sad! I mentioned that very thing once when I was stopped by a CM to do a dining survey.

It used to be even worse before Tusker House became a TS with a lot of tasty options for vegetarians. It's pricey but it's so good!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #700
Abra Cat
DIS Veteran

Yes! We love Tusker House! We were just at WDW last week-- actually, we ate at TH one week ago today. So many options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
I find that so sad! I mentioned that very thing once when I was stopped by a CM to do a dining survey.

It used to be even worse before Tusker House became a TS with a lot of tasty options for vegetarians. It's pricey but it's so good!

Pictures
Old 09-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #701
Abra Cat
DIS Veteran

Oh, I just wanted to share a quick review of one vegetarian meal my daughter and I had while at WDW last week-- sorry if it's been recently mentioned, but I dip in and out of this thread. We ate at Kouzzina on our arrival night, and it was FANTASTIC. The chef came out and talked to us about our options, and we decided to order the oven-roasted vegetables dish from the menu, as well as the sides-sampler the chef recommended, and we shared both. The roasted veggie dish was very good, but the sides-sampler was amazing, and one serving could have easily satisfied us both. I'm trying to work another visit in on our December trip...

Pictures
Old 09-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #702
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you on the Flame Tree rec-- somehow I missed the fruit plate on the menu. It's funny that the park that's so committed to animal welfare has the fewest vegetarian options...
Here is a nice picture I found of the fruit plate and of Flame Tree.. I love fresh fruit and this was so refreshing and really a nice change from veggie burgers..

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...80&postcount=1

Old 09-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #703
Abra Cat
DIS Veteran

Yum-- that looks terrific! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyJar View Post
Here is a nice picture I found of the fruit plate and of Flame Tree.. I love fresh fruit and this was so refreshing and really a nice change from veggie burgers..

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...80&postcount=1

Pictures
Old 09-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #704
ILUVPOOH1
Adore the hundred acre wood

I was not able to read through each post (only through about pg 6) so sorry if this is a repeat
But please do not forget that BabyCakes NYC is now open in DTD!!!!! Totally vegan yummo desserts!!!! And the owner (I think) does a vegan "blog" on Allears so she always has great ideas on where to grab great vegan eats while in WDW!!!

Also, I know it has been mentioned, but totally bears repeating...Sanaa...awesome for veg and vegans!
4/95 1st trip to WDW ever! (offsite)ASMovies 3/00 Pop Century 11/03, 10/04, 10/05, 9/06, 12/06, 10/07Pop Century 5/08 (bought DVC!!)Saratoga Springs 10/08, 3/09, 10/09 OKW 3/10(solo trip), 6/10, 10/10 DH ME DS (16)
Our home away from home!
ILUVPOOH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #705
cherylp3
Florida Resident

Emily, the manager of babycakes at dtd does the vegan blog for allears. she is a friend of mine.

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: