Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #271
Li-sa
Mouseketeer

Vegetarian CS options

Hi,

I've noticed that quite a few CS meals come with a Caesar Salad. Does anyone know if the dressing is already on the salad, or whether you can ask for it to be left off, and whether it's vegetarian (i.e. no anchovies)?

If the CS desserts contain gelatine, can they provide an alternative such as ice cream instead?

TIA

Please visit my blog: We Don't Eat Anything With a Face
Li-sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #272
eeyore81
Mouseketeer

When we were at Pizza Planet we got the carrots from the kids meal in place of the salad. As for the dessert, almost every place had vegan cookies. A couple of places gave us apple slices/grapes in place of the dessert because they did not have the cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li-sa View Post
Hi,

I've noticed that quite a few CS meals come with a Caesar Salad. Does anyone know if the dressing is already on the salad, or whether you can ask for it to be left off, and whether it's vegetarian (i.e. no anchovies)?

If the CS desserts contain gelatine, can they provide an alternative such as ice cream instead?

TIA
eeyore81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #273
rkrose1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Nov 11, 2010 was a Thursday so that conflicts with the info that he is there Sat - Wed. Anybody know for sure?

Also, for those that got those wonderful special meals, did you call ahead of time to let them know you were dining there that night or did you just show up and ask about the vegetarian options on the buffet? That "tower" looks delicious!
Hello,

When I booked the ressie online, I marked the "allergy." I reminded the waitress when we were seated, and asked if someone could walk me through the buffet to let me know what I could have.

Chef TJ came out to show me the buffet, asked me a couple more questions, and surprised me with those wonderful dishes.

How nice!

11/11 BLT 11 days * 01/11 AKV 3 days * 11/10 BLT 9 days * 12/09 9 days CBR * 12/07 12 days CSR * 2001 ASM & multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 2000 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1999 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1998 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1997 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1996 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1995 Hotel Plaza Dr. * 9/89 2 wks off property * 11/83 1 wk off property * opening-1976 twice annually
rkrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #274
danyella522
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say we had a great time! Chef TJ was spectacular. I told him how is a celebrity in vegan world and he just laughed at me

We had chef Amy at V&A's who was very sweet. We gave her two options... move to Boston or deliver ;p

Ohana was not the same without Chef TJ. The food was okay but we only got one course. It was rice with some tempura and tofu. Oh and they brought out vegan ice cream with 3 raspberries on top for us to split. Gee thanks haha

AKL January 2010
Poly May 2010
BLT January 2011
danyella522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #275
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

I went in September to Ohana and was lucky enough to get Chef Julie! She hooked it up! She brought me salad free of the honey dressing, hummus & baba ganoush with pita chips, I had the noodles & steamed veggies(which I would've been fine filling up on - those noodles are to die for!) sweet&sour tofu, and she made me an ice cream sandwhich using rice dream, divvies, and a cherry on top smothered in chocolate syrup! Can;t wait for those noodles again in 2 weeks!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #276
steamboat_rachel
DisVeteren

I think Boma is the best place for vegetarian options, the wait staff was delightful and took us through the entire buffet saying what was vegitarian
steamboat_rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #277
danyella522
Mouseketeer

do they usually make special noodles for vegans? I thought the noodles were safe at Ohanas' and as I was forking some onto my plate the chef said 'you know those have egg powder on them right?' I said no... and he said he had no noodles available and all he could do was rice.

AKL January 2010
Poly May 2010
BLT January 2011
Old 01-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #278
itsalebeau
Mouseketeer

So, do y'all think Crystal Palace would be awful for breakfast (vegan-wise?). It just sounds so cool to get the the park early and dine there...
itsalebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 AM   #279
bicker
DIS Veteran

Can't say about breakfast, but Crystal Palace is one of our favorite dinner spots, as vegetarians.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #280
Eeyore's Pal
Trading pins since before there were rubber backs

We ate dinner at Crystal Palace this past weekend and had a great experience. The chef walked us through the line and was very specific about what was truly vegetarian -- very careful to point out those hidden non-vegetarian items like chicken/meat stock, gelatin, etc. I do not recall his name, but he was a soft-spoken gentleman from Columbia (South America).

We also ate at Mama Melrose on Monday evening and had a similar positive experience. Chef Julie (I don't know if it's the same one from Ohana?) came to the table and reviewed the entire menu, offering to adjust dishes to remove non-vegetarian ingredients and to substitute sauces or sides where necessary. We had a great dinner!

DVC Member ~ OKW Home ~ since 2000

OKW 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 08, 11; BWV 05, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11, 12; BCV 03, 04; AKL 02; FWCG 05; ASMu 99, 01, 07, 08; CSR 98; WL 98, 06; Disney Villas 94 ; Dolphin 06; DCL Wonder 06; Off Property 79, 80, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06

PinPics Name: eeyorespal
Eeyore's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #281
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Quote:
do they usually make special noodles for vegans? I thought the noodles were safe at Ohanas' and as I was forking some onto my plate the chef said 'you know those have egg powder on them right?' I said no... and he said he had no noodles available and all he could do was rice.
Chef Julie told me the noodles were totally vegan when I went in September. And I know at least 2 other chefs have said likewise to other vegans according to Dis Dining Reviews. Oh no! I'm so sad if they changed them! They were my favorite part of eating there!

Last edited by VeganCupcake; 01-21-2011 at 04:26 PM.
VeganCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #282
danyella522
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Chef Julie told me the noodles were totally vegan when I went in September. And I know at least 2 other chefs have said likewise to other vegans according to Dis Dining Reviews. Oh no! I'm so sad if they changed them! They were my favorite part of eating there!
I didn't catch the name of the chef we had but he really wasn't that friendly and acted as though we were causing a problem for him.
He could have had it wrong!

AKL January 2010
Poly May 2010
BLT January 2011
Old 01-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #283
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Quote:
I didn't catch the name of the chef we had but he really wasn't that friendly and acted as though we were causing a problem for him.
He could have had it wrong!
That really stinks that he made you feel like that! I'm going on friday(Chef Julie was working on Fridays when I was there in September so I'm really hoping I get her again) and I'm going to be very specific about the noodles that i so loved when we were there in September.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #284
danyella522
Mouseketeer

Let me know what she says! I'd be interested if it was true or not about the noodles. Good luck

AKL January 2010
Poly May 2010
BLT January 2011
Old 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #285
ls15
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

I am so excited that I am going to Disney for the first time since 1992. I am a vegan and I have celiac disease, so all my meals have to be gluten-free.

I made my reservations months ago (right on the day), and am wondering if anyone has any feedback based on vegan options. I read this thread many times before choosing. I may switch one or two if you suggest I do, although I am not sure if it will be too late.

The reason we are eating at Boatwright's the first two days is because I am doing the Princess Half Marathon on the Sunday, and I feel like I might eat safest (with my celiac) at my "home" restaurant. I might change these, though, after reading how good they are. I never, ever eat out so this is a "big step" for me.

Day 1 - Boatwright's Dinner
Day 2 - Boatwright's Dinner
Day 3 - no reservation
Day 4 - Boma brunch (very excited! Day after race celebration!)
Day 5 - California Grill Dinner
Day 6 - 50's Prime Time Lunch
Day 7 - Sanaa Dinner
Day 8 - 1900 Park Fare Dinner
Day 9 - Kouzzina Dinner
Day 10 - Boma Dinner
Day 11 - Tusker House Dinner

I really wanted to eat at Jiko, too, but it didn't fit in.
Any insight (are these good? bad? should I change something? what to note? what to order?) would be SO appreciated!

I am so excited! Thank you in advance.
ls15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: