Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #1156
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

I have another question-

Should we even bother with the Food and Wine Festival? I heard last year they had a booth serving Gardein or something like it, but we only eat that kind of stuff occasionally and I am not sure if it would be worth the price for a little taste of some Gardein...?

Any vegetarians spend any time over there? As of now I am assuming we will just skip it all together.

Countdown over Can't wait to get another trip on the calendar!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #1157
MellinMickey4333
Earning My Ears

I was wondering that myself, about the Food and Wine festival (during both Spring and Fall...we are lucky to hit both this year). Especially since I might now have to be gluten-free, too. I do occasionally cheat while on vacation, as DH and I are vegans for health reasons. But the dairy and gluten are killers for my tummy... and looking at the F&W stuff for the Flower fest this Spring, most items have either gluten or dairy. Mehhh.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #1158
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

Well, it doesn't cost you anything (other than the foods you buy). I am just back, and we went to Epcot last Thursday. In the Flower and Garden Festival building, the snack bar had a "vegan trio" that was very good (it had pita bread in it, though, so you might want to ask them to leave that out if you are gluten free). We also got the Frushi and the Watermelon salad as we were walking around, and both were very good.

TP
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #1159
cherylp3
Florida Resident

from what I know: The garden booth did not do well, bottom 4 of the booths.

The vegan trio has couscous. Only thing vegan and gf is the frushi ( don't eat the whip) and the salads (without cheese)

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #1160
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever View Post
I have another question-

Should we even bother with the Food and Wine Festival? I heard last year they had a booth serving Gardein or something like it, but we only eat that kind of stuff occasionally and I am not sure if it would be worth the price for a little taste of some Gardein...?

Any vegetarians spend any time over there? As of now I am assuming we will just skip it all together.
There isn't a lot of food for vegetarians at F&W. There was more last year because of the Gardein items at the Terra booth, both of which were so good DH and I had them at least three times the week we were there. Here is what we tried at last year's F&W festival:

Terra Booth: Trick’n Chick’n Curry w/ rice $3.75; Chili Colorado, house made chips, cashew cheese $3.75. Both of these were very tasty. We ate each of these dishes a few times during our stay.

South Africa: Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket (V) $3.25. We enjoyed this too.

Cheese: Trio of Artisan Cheeses: Beecher's Flagship Reserve Cheddar, La Bonne Vie Goat Brie and Rogue River Creamery Echo Mountain Blue Cheese – $4.50. DH had this and enjoyed it.

Poland: Zapiekanki-Toasted mushroom, onion, cheese bread w/ house made ketchup $3.00. Disappointing.

Ireland: Kerrygold® Cheese Selection: Irish Aged Cheddar, Dubliner and Cashel Blue with Apple Chutney and Brown Bread – $3.50. DH enjoyed this.

Greece: Greek Salad with Pita Bread (V)$3.00; Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey (V)$3.25; Spanakopita – $4.00. We enjoyed all of these. The Griddled Greek Cheese in particular is very tasty and different.

We also tried a few desserts and some wines, including a glass of Neige Bubble in Canada which has become a sort of F&W tradition for me for the last two years. DH enjoys the beer offerings at the festival.

If your only reason for going to F&W is for the food, that will limit your enjoyment since you won't have a lot of variety. If you like trying new wines, beers and desserts as well, you will find enough things to try to make it fun. We've been going to F&W every year for a few years now and we always enjoy ourselves, especially last year with the Gardein options.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #1161
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Thanks Lisa S. I guess it wouldn't hurt for us to check out the booths while we are in Epcot (not like we won't be in the world showcase anyway!). We aren't into wine, my husband does enjoy a good beer. I guess we'll see what they have to offer!

Countdown over Can't wait to get another trip on the calendar!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #1162
MellinMickey4333
Earning My Ears

Great! Thanks for the F&W updates!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #1163
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliserose View Post
Any opinions on O'Hana for a vegetarian? We have both breakfast and dinner ADRs. Thanks!
I ate vegan/gluten-free at Ohana and was stuffed!!!! They made me a dip trio, salad, tofu stir fry, bread, veggies, and dessert. It was awesome. I posted photos a few pages back. Breakfast was good too, they made a tofu stir fry and it rocked. Click this link for my post with photos.

We just stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside, and at the food court they made me a gluten free pasta dish that was great. The marinara sauce is vegan and gluten free (pesto has cheese in it) and you can add whatever veggies you want. You have to ask for the gluten-free pasta, but it is not a problem at all.

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #1164
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman
Well, it doesn't cost you anything (other than the foods you buy). I am just back, and we went to Epcot last Thursday. In the Flower and Garden Festival building, the snack bar had a "vegan trio" that was very good (it had pita bread in it, though, so you might want to ask them to leave that out if you are gluten free). We also got the Frushi and the Watermelon salad as we were walking around, and both were very good.

TP
Mmm yum.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #1165
Eliserose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
I ate vegan/gluten-free at Ohana and was stuffed!!!! They made me a dip trio, salad, tofu stir fry, bread, veggies, and dessert. It was awesome. I posted photos a few pages back. Breakfast was good too, they made a tofu stir fry and it rocked. Click this link for my post with photos.

We just stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside, and at the food court they made me a gluten free pasta dish that was great. The marinara sauce is vegan and gluten free (pesto has cheese in it) and you can add whatever veggies you want. You have to ask for the gluten-free pasta, but it is not a problem at all.
Great photos! Thanks. I also have a nut allergic daughter (and shellfish) and haven't tried O'Hana for that reason, but after great allergy reviews, we are going to try it.
Eliserose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #1166
jgplimdesign
Under the spell of a very famous mouse. . .

I just posted this elsewhere....but I might have better results on this thread... Does anyone know the probability of getting the quiche for dinner at Be Our Guest? I'm eager to try the dinner option of quinoa ratatouille...but my husband would probably prefer a different veg option and would enjoy the quiche... Just curious.....
WDW visits: 1974 (age 4), 1976, 1980, 1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, October 2004, October 2005, October 2006, October 2007, March 2009, February/March 2010, October/November 2010, October/November 2011, October/November 2012, May 2013. December 2013
jgplimdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #1167
lemonsours
Mouseketeer

Vegetable subosaurus at Restaurantosaurus in AK

So excited to be doing my first PTR/TR, will be posting more pics there. (Link is in signature)
October 2007 CSR

lemonsours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #1168
MellinMickey4333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgplimdesign
I just posted this elsewhere....but I might have better results on this thread... Does anyone know the probability of getting the quiche for dinner at Be Our Guest? I'm eager to try the dinner option of quinoa ratatouille...but my husband would probably prefer a different veg option and would enjoy the quiche... Just curious.....
I don't know about the quiche... but I DO know the quinoa ratatouille was delicious! Very moist and flavorful, and as it wasn't covered in cheese or any other heavy stuff I felt great (although full) afterwards!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #1169
krishouse
Mouseketeer

Veggie Burgers

Has anyone had the veggie burgers at Rosies, Scifi or other counter service lately?
We have not been since Jan/11 and we were not fans of the burgers that were available at that time.Just our opinions of course.
I miss the boca burgers! Just wishful thinking that they had brought them back.
Thanks everyone!
Kristin
Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #1170
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishouse View Post
Has anyone had the veggie burgers at Rosies, Scifi or other counter service lately?
We have not been since Jan/11 and we were not fans of the burgers that were available at that time.Just our opinions of course.
I miss the boca burgers! Just wishful thinking that they had brought them back.
Thanks everyone!
Kristin
I had a veggie burger at Rosie's in early December 2012, and I thought it was the best one on the whole WDW property.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: