Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Dine with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby

Has anyone had lunch with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby lately? I was wondering if the menu still included a lobster/corn bisque.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

We went on June 6.
"Zellwood Sweet Corn Bisque with Lobster and Corn Relish" was the soup included with our lunch.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Lady SnowElla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
We went on June 6.
"Zellwood Sweet Corn Bisque with Lobster and Corn Relish" was the soup included with our lunch.
We have reservations in one week. What was the rest of your menu? Would you mind sharing who your Imagineer was?

We are so excited!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks! We have one member in our party that wil cannot eat lobster so I will warn her.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #5
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady SnowElla View Post
We have reservations in one week. What was the rest of your menu? Would you mind sharing who your Imagineer was?

We are so excited!!!
The menu we had in October was everyone was served the bisque, a Cobb salad, then you had your choice of a steak, a chicken or fish (I don't remember which and I am at work at the moment) or the Thai noodle bowl. My wife had the steak which she really enjoyed and I loved the noodle bowl (but it is a bit "slurpy" so may not be the best dish to pick if you are sitting up next to the Imagineer... my bad ). Then you had a choice of the pineapple cake or the creme brulee. All of the food was very good. The Imagineer we had is a curator for some of the resorts and attractions. She also had a hand with something Frozen and had warned us back in October that the advertisements at that time was just the beginning and that it was going to be EVERYWHERE! (She didn't lie). Sure, it's not the sexiest Imagineer job there is, but she was very enjoyable to listen to and to talk with.

In general, this is something that would totally be worth doing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
Thanks! We have one member in our party that wil cannot eat lobster so I will warn her.
When they take her order she can let them know. They might bring out something special for her. My wife has allergies and whenever her allergies get in the way of a fixed menu item in WDW, they always offer her something different/special.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR
OhThePain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #6
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

We were there in February and had the lobster bisque. It was quite good! We started with the bisque, then the Cobb Salad. Entrée was a choice of steak, seafood stew, or the Thai noodle bowl. And dessert was a sampler trio of grapefruit cake, crème brulee, and chocolate mousse. Everything was delicious! If you're interested I wrote a blog post about my experience:

http://disneyinyourday.com/2014/03/1...-an-imagineer/
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
We had kids in our group and they mentioned they could do chicken noodle soup as well. At least one adult got that too.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #8
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Menu:
Zellwood sweet corn bisque with lobster and corn relish
Individual classic Cobb salad
Entree choice of one: Filet of beef, Noodle bowl with grilled chicken, or seafood cioppino
Dessert mini trio of grapefruit cake, creme brulee and chocolate sphere.

Our Imagineer was Erissa MacKaron, Creative Design services Manager.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #9
indyannamom
Earning My Ears

Anyone had experiences with Imagineer meals where kids were part of the group? Thoughts on that?
Old 07-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
BuzzinDownToDisney
DIS Veteran

Been frantically trying to get this ADR and it is BOG hard.

Contemporary: '82 & '86
Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 & 2004
Bay Lake Towers: 2014 & Beyond
BuzzinDownToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:45 AM   #11
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Never give up

I got for my two kids 3 weeks out! Everyone else at table booked 6 mos out, one had tried for years. You never know when someone will cancel so keep trying!

That said they loved it and DS said he would do it every trip. They were besides themselves when they walked, recognized and knew on sight who their Imagineer was - Mark Kohl. 25 years of DS going to parks and he said it was one of his highlights.

http://youtu.be/n-lUm5mzbhY
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 6x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 13x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:21 AM   #12
mgsquared
A big kid at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzinDownToDisney View Post
Been frantically trying to get this ADR and it is BOG hard.
We shouls start a club!
BOG feels easy at this point.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:02 AM   #13
pad406
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyannamom View Post
Anyone had experiences with Imagineer meals where kids were part of the group? Thoughts on that?
We did it when our kids were 10 & 8. They enjoyed the Imagineer part, not so much the food, and they are not at all fussy eaters. It wasn't that they hated it or anything, just not one of their highlights.

As to the interaction with the Imagineers (yes we were lucky and got 2, one was being trained in to do the lunches in future), they really enjoyed it. As a precaution we had brought their Nintendos and headphones so they could chill in a corner if they were bored, but they never came out of the bag.

I'm not sure which slant you're asking the question from? Do you want to bring your kids or worried about other's kids? If it's your own and you think that they will be interested, and if not can amuse themselves (quietly) in a corner, I'd say bring them. They'd probably need to be 7 or 8 at a min though

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: