Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #106
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsmith View Post
Yesterday at Costco I found a package of 60 mini-decks of Disney themed playing cards for $7.99. All kinds of games -- Old Maid, War, Rummy, Go Fish, Memory Match.

They were in the trick-or-treating/candy section.
I looked for those at BJ's a couple weeks ago and didn't find them.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #107
Elangen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdulaney View Post
Speaking of kicking yourself.... my Target had the Toy Story dry erase boards w/ marker. I bought one for us.... but then thought it would be a great FE gift. So I went back to Target, but now they only have the "Dora the Explorer" version. Shucks!!!

Ginny
Ou Target has Phineas and Ferb ones out right now for $1.00. Too big and bulky for me to bring accross country, but could be great for a local.
Elangen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #108
Elangen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Target now has the Phineas and Ferb dry erase boards and journals in the $1 section.
What she said. lol.
Elangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:54 AM   #109
MomOf2DisneyKids
Scrapbook mommy
Buttons.. if they aren't Mickey shaped, I can take them or leave them!
ooh, McDreamy !!!!
Kiefer Sutherland, anyone??

these are awesome ideas!! Thanks!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #110
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

On our recent cruise, we gave printed can coozies to all the adults, along with an alcohol mini and a few laminated cards of DCL drink recipes (see below). For the kids, I had totes printed, and included some small trinket items that I got after Christmas last year of Disney characters (girls gift pictured below). I used a design from the magnet thread and had them printed.

Some of the best stuff we received...
candy for the show
candy or prepackaged food items from home states/countries
bubbles
pirate goodies for pirate night
glow sticks
card games (Uno, Crazy 8's)
DD got a coloring book with crayons
CD of some great Disney music

The important thing is to have fun!

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #111
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

I made 175 of these. They actually went pretty quickly, but I was covered in glitter by the time I was done They are magnetic bookmarks.

I also gave everyone a postcard,

and magnet,

I had a few girly party favors leftover that were given to the girls, along with some Halloween pencils, stickers, and tattoos.

The last thing in my baggie was a small Halloween hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works, probably superfluous, since we had the "cleanest hands in the world" with handi-wipes at every meal.

We got some great stuff. Handmade bookmarks, coasters, a hand painted towel. An incredible handmade bag with our last name embroidered on one side and a Disney ship on the other. Candy, candy, candy (it was Halloween!), card games, tattoos, stickers, pencils, pens, crayons, and on and on!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #112
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
I made 175 of these. They actually went pretty quickly, but I was covered in glitter by the time I was done They are magnetic bookmarks.

I also gave everyone a postcard,

and magnet,

I had a few girly party favors leftover that were given to the girls, along with some Halloween pencils, stickers, and tattoos.

The last thing in my baggie was a small Halloween hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works, probably superfluous, since we had the "cleanest hands in the world" with handi-wipes at every meal.

We got some great stuff. Handmade bookmarks, coasters, a hand painted towel. An incredible handmade bag with our last name embroidered on one side and a Disney ship on the other. Candy, candy, candy (it was Halloween!), card games, tattoos, stickers, pencils, pens, crayons, and on and on!
Hi Jennifer - I loved your stuff. The bookmarks were very cool - something I never would have thought of. I agree we got a lot of really great stuff - it was so much fun coming back to the room to see what new surprises were waiting.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #113
True Romance
DIS Veteran

I have a question as to what you would prefer to receive as a gift. I am desperately trying to come up with ideas. I think I am going to try and make some pendents for the women/teen girls. What would you prefer to have on a pendent you receive? A picture of the ship, DCL logo, or Disney general like a Mikey profile/picture/silhouette? I want to make something someone would want to wear off the ship, at home as well.

Thanks for your input.
Disney Wonder 4.17.11 10 Hot Nights on the Mexican Riveria
Disney Wonder 2.12.12 Mexican Rivera
Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon 1.21.13
Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon 11.10.13-C2C
Tinkerbell 1/2 1.17.14
Avengers 1/2 11.16.14
True Romance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #114
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post

Your stuff was adorable. And by the way, the hand sanitizer? Not superfluous at all. I took it with us when we went off the ship and made my kids use it after picking up and petting the sea turtles at the Sea Turtle farm in Grand Cayman!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #115
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
Hi Jennifer - I loved your stuff. The bookmarks were very cool - something I never would have thought of. I agree we got a lot of really great stuff - it was so much fun coming back to the room to see what new surprises were waiting.
Thanks, they really were easy to make. The most tedious part was peeling the backing off the adhesive magnets.

Morgan LOVES her little red purse! She brought it with us to Key West. Unfortunately, her Mickey pendant came apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Your stuff was adorable. And by the way, the hand sanitizer? Not superfluous at all. I took it with us when we went off the ship and made my kids use it after picking up and petting the sea turtles at the Sea Turtle farm in Grand Cayman!
Oh good, I'm so glad it was useful!

Thanks everyone who played in our group. I had such a fun time getting stuff together and making things!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #116
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Romance View Post
I have a question as to what you would prefer to receive as a gift. I am desperately trying to come up with ideas. I think I am going to try and make some pendents for the women/teen girls. What would you prefer to have on a pendent you receive? A picture of the ship, DCL logo, or Disney general like a Mikey profile/picture/silhouette? I want to make something someone would want to wear off the ship, at home as well.

Thanks for your input.
Speaking for myself, any of those would be great! A little reminder of the cruise as opposed to a "general" Disney thing I think would be wonderful. Have fun!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #117
allardk46
Mouseketeer

I was at our local COSTCO this week (CT) and saw Princess and Cars playdo packs. I believe there were 16 in each for 14.99.

Another Idea for those who need one.

1989 - Disney Honeymoon, 4 Day Disney (Premier) cruise, 3 Days Offsite ** 1991 - 7 Days Caribbean Beach ** 1997 - 4 Days Yacht Club ** 2002 - 10 Days All Star Movies ** 2004 - 8 Days All Star Movies ** 2006 - 10 Days Caribbean Beach ** 2007 - 10 Days All Star Movies ** 2008 - 10 Days Boardwalk Villas ** 2009 - 7 Day Cruise Disney Magic / 7 days Boardwalk Villas**2010 10 Day All Star Movies with Dance Troupe**2011 7 Day Wilderness Lodge***2011 4 Days OKW, 5 Days on DCL Dream, 10 days Beach Club**2012 January 1/2 Marathon, OKW
allardk46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #118
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

I purchased these pens (personalized with what I wanted) from Discount Mugs (online). Typically bulk orders require a 250 minimum...these pens required only a 100 minimum order and were super inexpensive. At the time I ordered, we had around 85-90 folks in our exchange. Thankfully Discount Mugs sent about 120 pens so I had enough to give out to the later comers to our exchange!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #119
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
I purchased these pens (personalized with what I wanted) from Discount Mugs (online). Typically bulk orders require a 250 minimum...these pens required only a 100 minimum order and were super inexpensive. At the time I ordered, we had around 85-90 folks in our exchange. Thankfully Discount Mugs sent about 120 pens so I had enough to give out to the later comers to our exchange!
In another post, my Photobucket pictures were not showing up for everyone. Not sure if that is the case here also, so reposting the picture from Shutterfly. Hope this works!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #120
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great ideas. I will hope I come up with things people want to have.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
candizfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: