Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #91
goofystitchfan
SSR Owners

Funny, I had thought of the mini kits of goodies too..... I leave soon and definitely have to make some sort of decision. I already did some door magnets so I have some sort of start anyway.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #92
withrow13
Mouseketeer

bump

Awesome thread! No craftiness here, but looking forward to the fun of planning a thoughtful FE.
withrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #93
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Bump,
I bought my first FE gift item today! I plan on about 1 a month for the next year unless I find great deals of course.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #94
ppan77
DIS Veteran

Need some ideas too!!!
Dh Me DS6 DD4

ppan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #95
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdulaney View Post
Speaking of kicking yourself.... my Target had the Toy Story dry erase boards w/ marker. I bought one for us.... but then thought it would be a great FE gift. So I went back to Target, but now they only have the "Dora the Explorer" version. Shucks!!!

Ginny
I saw some Disney themed ones at Party City the other day. I think they were 99 cents each. In a pinch they would be a good place to find items, since they stock all kinds of goody bag items.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #96
goofystitchfan
SSR Owners

Just back from the Disney Store at the mall here and purchases some of the reusable bags (like the grocery store) for $1.49. Great gift alone or put some extras in it! All my store had however was Princesses so I'm still on the hunt for one for the boys!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #97
DisneyDreamer09
Earning My Ears

Yes. How soon will I know how many to buy for on our March Dream cruise? Should I just start randomly purchasing things blindly, or wait until a few weeks before our cruise?

Me (26) DH (26)
DisneyDreamer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #98
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdulaney View Post
Speaking of kicking yourself.... my Target had the Toy Story dry erase boards w/ marker. I bought one for us.... but then thought it would be a great FE gift. So I went back to Target, but now they only have the "Dora the Explorer" version. Shucks!!!

Ginny
Target now has the Phineas and Ferb dry erase boards and journals in the $1 section.

Disneyland Aug/03
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt Western w/my honey
Disneyland Paris Sept/13 w/my honey; Mar/14

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #99
verygfy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
SPOILER ALERT - If you are on the Magic on October 30, 2010 and don't want to know what you are getting...turn back now!

Using some suggestions from this thread, I "made" these for my FE gifts from VistaPrint:

Postcards for the special postmark at Castaway Cay:

Back:

I used the same image to make magnets for each stateroom and business cards with a tip chart on the back.

I am also making some magnetic bookmarks with the same image, once I get my order from ArtsCow.

I just did the same thing for our 4 night wonder this past week. Really wish I had seen yours before I ordered mine. I love how you put the ports and dates on the back side.
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #100
AmyHernandez
Earning My Ears

I was able to get Star Wars dry erase boards, writing pads, and Darth vader and C3P0 stress balls at Target yesterday too - all in the $1 section.

Amy
AmyHernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #101
wld4mky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by verygfy View Post
I just did the same thing for our 4 night wonder this past week. Really wish I had seen yours before I ordered mine. I love how you put the ports and dates on the back side.
Wow Very nice . you have a lucky group
wld4mky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #102
verygfy
DIS Veteran

We just got back from our cruise and I had a chance to pull out all of our great FE and thought this might help some looking for ideas. These are the great gifts we received. Some were crafty like the fabulous scrapbook & magnets. Our slippers were fantastic too, I don't know how Embasams got the stamp on them but we also received many FE that were not crafty.

We got things like pirate necklaces, glow sticks for pirate night, rubber ducky for bath time that DD enjoyed during her bath time since we did not pack any bath toys for her. Diving sticks, sand molds, loads of silly bands, playing cards and games such as gold fish. A brain bender puzzle that my DS has played with all day, word searches. Mini flashlights for reading books on the car ride home. Mini cruise survival kits with wipes, hand sanitizer, tissues, and mini magnet clip which we put on the inside of our door for notes (for DH for when he woke from his naps) . And of course the fabulous CD

Pens, bubbles (which we did not blow on the ship, but DD can't wait to use tomorrow), sand molds, bracelets for the kids and loads of candies and tattoos and stickers.

We gave out postcards for the adults and a magnet, both I had printed with Vista Print. For the boys we gave out cars beach balls, and the girls received princess beach balls that I picked up at the Dollar Store.

We had so much fun with the FE and can't wait to do it again, we loved everything we got.
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #103
goofystitchfan
SSR Owners

THanks for sharing! It is great to see what others receive and give additional ideas.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #104
wld4mky
DIS Veteran

Wow , thanks for sharing. I love the scrapbook idea.
wld4mky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #105
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

FE gifts for kids

Yesterday at Costco I found a package of 60 mini-decks of Disney themed playing cards for $7.99. All kinds of games -- Old Maid, War, Rummy, Go Fish, Memory Match.

They were in the trick-or-treating/candy section.

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: