Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #196
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by asemaria View Post

As a mother of an almost 12 year old boy I see your dilemma. It is hard. My son likes candy, candy and you guessed it: candy. A bowl with sprinkles for the icecream would be appreciated too. But face it: boys are hard to please. Maybe a keychain or an adressbook to keep in touch with all his new friends?
For tween/teen boys on my cruise last week, I did the ice cream thing. I found 2 pack ice cream bowls/spoons at Dollar Tree. I left them as a 2 pack and filled them with full size pack of M&Ms, peanuts, small pack of Oreo type cookies, small packets of nutella, and a few small pieces of other candy. It was a bit bulky but only had 3 in that age group. Hope it went over well :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #197
talfe
Earning My Ears

FE Ideas

Hi! I'd like to give a "Location Cheat Sheet" card set for the Disney Fantasy as my FE (It tells everyone where everything is (restrooms, pools, etc.). Does anyone have a set already made and posted somewhere (don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to)? Thanks!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #198
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talfe View Post
Hi! I'd like to give a "Location Cheat Sheet" card set for the Disney Fantasy as my FE (It tells everyone where everything is (restrooms, pools, etc.). Does anyone have a set already made and posted somewhere (don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to)? Thanks!!
There is one made, and I have to try to remember who did it. I have mine copied, laminated, and cut for our cruise already. Let me see if I can figure out where to get it...

Editing...it was posted by someone in my cruise Facebook group. Not sure if she posted it on here. Have you searched for it?
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #199
talfe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
There is one made, and I have to try to remember who did it. I have mine copied, laminated, and cut for our cruise already. Let me see if I can figure out where to get it...

Editing...it was posted by someone in my cruise Facebook group. Not sure if she posted it on here. Have you searched for it?
Thanks! I think we are in the same FB Cruise group! I will try to find it! Take care!

Edited to say-We ARE on the same cruise! I don't want to knowingly do the same gift someone else is doing, so I can find something else. Thanks for the referrals to other FB pages! Take care!

Last edited by talfe; 05-19-2013 at 08:33 PM.
talfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #200
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Ok, not to sound like an idiot...are the fb pages specific to certain cruises? I'd like to join one but obviously not someone else's....
Old 05-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #201
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post
Ok, not to sound like an idiot...are the fb pages specific to certain cruises? I'd like to join one but obviously not someone else's....
There is one just for Disney graphics, and one for Fish Extender ideas, and there is a specific one to our cruise as well. Look around and see what you can find!

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #202
Princess Denise
Mouseketeer

I used my Disney store email discount and bought a bunch of cute Disney reusable tote bags- they have so many! Villains, toy story, Rapunzel, lightening McQueen.... And many more! I also went to Michaels craft store and bought the Disney $1 tattoos (25 in each packet- you can split up if you want), I also bought the $1 glow stick cans at Michaels. They are things they can use and throw away- they don't have to worry about taking them home and finding room in their bag
Princess Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:27 AM   #203
supercrossfox21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen2 View Post
Hi, I'm in a FE for September cruise there are over 30 cabins. Mostly adults. The last time I did one there was only 8 cabins. I'm over welmed with this many.

There are a lot of requests for no candy. I said send it too my cabin.

I have a few things in mind. I not crafty at all..

One person one cruise they got a much of junk. They gave nice handmade items.
I play the game my name is Jimmie I take what you give me

Any ideas would be helpful.
TIA
I think we are on the same cruise. I joined a FE group (my first one) and I;m on google docs. I dont have facebook so I dont know if there is a seperate group for facebook or if its the same as google docs. I to am a little overwhelmed with such a large group. I want to be able to give a nice gift but with that many cabin, having a hard time thinking of something.
supercrossfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #204
Suger Mag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercrossfox21 View Post
I think we are on the same cruise. I joined a FE group (my first one) and I;m on google docs. I dont have facebook so I dont know if there is a seperate group for facebook or if its the same as google docs. I to am a little overwhelmed with such a large group. I want to be able to give a nice gift but with that many cabin, having a hard time thinking of something.
we also just hit the over 30 cabin mark in our FE exchange group (July 20 Fantasy).Personally I am doing 2 gifts because I am hanging 2 seperate FEs. We are doing a giftbag per cabin for each FE gift... kinda like a goody bag with something for everyone. I tried to do some things that were associated specifically from my hometown. So I don't totally spoil the surprise for any of my fellow FE I will be somewhat vague...

FE 1
A "small" general cabin gift (think hanging and good smells) from a well known local local business

Bookmarks ( 1 per each ) I had made from overnightprints.com that showcases a local attraction and tells a bit about our hometown

if there any ages 2-21 in the cabin I also included some light up fun (different types for the age groups).

I bought some baby safe bath squirts toys for the under 2

FE2
A craft gift for the cabin

A small wearable souvenir for each cruiser over 5 that we had made by some internet company (can't remember now)

small pirate themed toys for the kids
Magic Kingdom and River Country 1980 * Grand Floridian Grand Gathering/ Wonder Cruise 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas:40th B-day/ Food and Wine 2009 * Grand Californian Experimental Biology 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas:Thanksgiving 2011* 20th Anniversary Fantasy Cruise July 2013* Spring Break on the Wonder March 2014

Canada * England * Belgium * Netherlands * France * Denmark * Sweden * Norway * Austria * Hungary * Yugoslavia * Spain * Morocco * Egypt * Mexico * Germany * Caribbean
Suger Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:46 AM   #205
supercrossfox21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suger Mag View Post
we also just hit the over 30 cabin mark in our FE exchange group (July 20 Fantasy).Personally I am doing 2 gifts because I am hanging 2 seperate FEs. We are doing a giftbag per cabin for each FE gift... kinda like a goody bag with something for everyone. I tried to do some things that were associated specifically from my hometown. So I don't totally spoil the surprise for any of my fellow FE I will be somewhat vague...

FE 1
A "small" general cabin gift (think hanging and good smells) from a well known local local business

Bookmarks ( 1 per each ) I had made from overnightprints.com that showcases a local attraction and tells a bit about our hometown

if there any ages 2-21 in the cabin I also included some light up fun (different types for the age groups).

I bought some baby safe bath squirts toys for the under 2

FE2
A craft gift for the cabin

A small wearable souvenir for each cruiser over 5 that we had made by some internet company (can't remember now)

small pirate themed toys for the kids
Wow, I feel like such a slacker with the gift idea I was going to do. My wrist better hea; quickly so I can start making stuff. How to do you manage to pack everything? I am an overpacker and dont want to be fined for to heavy luggage and dont want to pay for another bag
supercrossfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #206
potts0601
Earning My Ears

Ok my kids are all into duct tape crafts, so I have started making duct tape bracelets... Do you think this would be a good FE gift for kids?? Of course I would use disney themed duct tape... Princesses, Mickey, Minnie, etc
potts0601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #207
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by potts0601 View Post
Ok my kids are all into duct tape crafts, so I have started making duct tape bracelets... Do you think this would be a good FE gift for kids?? Of course I would use disney themed duct tape... Princesses, Mickey, Minnie, etc
I think so! I've seen some of the things kids can make with duct tape and they're super cute!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #208
Carol G
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwood View Post
I was thinking of buying pirate eye patches as our FE gifts....good idea or bad? Thanks
I put them in for the boys and guys. They enjoyed them and wore them on pirate night (they were the less expensive ones that come in lg bags for party favors

Nov '06 First WDW/Disney Wonder Vacation

Dec '09 Disney Wonder
Carol G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #209
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

I am giving a cabin gift, I bought a tote bag with a Canada flag and put an assortment of magnets, playing cards, pens, stickers, and key chains all Canada themed.

For the kids 3-9 I bought a FarmVille plush inside has a card game like memory, old maid and go fish.

Stuck on the teens and babies!

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #210
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

I was feeling guilty because normally we've done handmade FE gifts but this time, I'm just not feeling up to that.

I went searching and found a couple of wedding websites that have wedding favours and found a very cute set of beach themed cookie cutters (there are 4 in a box - a dolphin, a palm tree, a shell and a starfish). They come in a clear plastic box with a ribbon tie.

I am going to give one for each stateroom and then a some laminated cookie recipes (my best ones for rolled sugar cookies, gingerbread and shortbread plus a recipe for hard icing and soft butter icing). Those I'll punch a hole into the corner and put a key ring into it (and I'll make a cover page with the cruise date and ship on it - maybe use some disney stickers to decorate as well).

I'm very happy with that idea - it will let people relive a few cruise memories while baking some sweet treats!
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: