Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #181
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwood View Post
I was thinking of buying pirate eye patches as our FE gifts....good idea or bad? Thanks
I don't know the answer to that! I keep wavering about our FE gifts because it seems like so many people go to extremes, in a wonderful way. Mine feels lacking. Personally, I would appreciate your eye patches! My son loves pirates and costumes!

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #182
Kimdawn
Earning My Ears

Love all of these ideas! Keep em coming!
Kimdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #183
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwood
I was thinking of buying pirate eye patches as our FE gifts....good idea or bad? Thanks
We've received them in the past and personally I think they're a cute idea for kids but I have mixed feelings about them for the adults. We wouldn't wear them due to safety reasons of trying to walk around with one eye covered!! I wouldn't feel safe or comfortable! But I guess to each his or her own... just not a gift we would use. But the beauty of the FE is that the giver gets to decide what they want to give!
Good Luck with your decision!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #184
bethybobs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnsuch View Post
Personally, I would love it if some wonderful FEE person on our cruise shared a CD of Disney music (great memory of the cruise) or something like the excursion/cruise survival kit (super useful) or an item from their home town/state (meaningful).

Let's face it, any gift will be a fabulous, fun surprise to find!

Hugs and a big dating game kiss to the DIS'er who came up with the FEE idea!
I think a CD would be awesome too. We are going to be driving around after the cruise and it would be nice to play it and remember the great cruise times :D Also I imagine for those people driving home that would also be cool!!

Hmmm.... maybe I should make one
bethybobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #185
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwood View Post
I probably wouldn't use it, but my kids would like it. If I was going down that road I would personally do eye patches for the kids and something else for the adults.

Just my honest opinion, with means just about nothing. I'm sure there are plenty of adults who would like an eye patch. You can't please everyone!
'84, '92-Beach Club, '97-DTD Hotel, 2005-POP, 2008-AKL/Poly, 2009-CR MK view, 2010-AKV-Kidani 2 BR, March 2012-ASMo, Sept 2012-Bonnet Creek 4 BR Presidential, 2013-Disney Magic 4n Western, Disney Wonder 7n Bahamian

Last edited by Aggiegrl; 04-22-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Aggiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #186
jgura
Discruiser

Eye Patch and CD Gifts

We have received many FE eye patches. Unfortunately we do not use them and they do not come home w/ us. It's always the thought that counts though.

We enjoy the CD's, and again, some we listen to once, others we cannot get enough of. Make sure they work, we received a couple that would not play. Again, we enjoy the thoughtfulness.
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #187
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

I have ur family/adult gift, and smaller kid gift, but no idea for the Tweens/teens.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #188
atwood
Earning My Ears

I also thought about pirate tattoos
atwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #189
jswade99
Earning My Ears

carissa1970 - my daughter is almost 14. she would love fun colored pens, fingernail polish, fingernail stickers, hand sanitizer, lip gloss, lotion.. things like that.. now FE for tween boys, i have no idea!
jswade99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #190
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswade99 View Post
carissa1970 - my daughter is almost 14. she would love fun colored pens, fingernail polish, fingernail stickers, hand sanitizer, lip gloss, lotion.. things like that.. now FE for tween boys, i have no idea!
Thanks! That is very helpful!

Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #191
supercrossfox21
Mouseketeer

New to this whole FE thing. Couple of questions?

1, what is the average cost per stateroom? (it looks like there may be abt 40 cabins and I dont want to be cheap by any means but cant afford to spend a fortune either)

2. Can you do one gift for the whole stateroom, or just the kids?

3. When do you deliver them and is it time consuming? I just picture myself wondering up and down the decks trying to find the rooms and it taking hours?

4. can you do some cabins one night, then others the next, etc?

Thanks for all your help
supercrossfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 AM   #192
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Great ideas everyone!
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #193
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercrossfox21 View Post
New to this whole FE thing. Couple of questions?

1, what is the average cost per stateroom? (it looks like there may be abt 40 cabins and I dont want to be cheap by any means but cant afford to spend a fortune either)

2. Can you do one gift for the whole stateroom, or just the kids?

3. When do you deliver them and is it time consuming? I just picture myself wondering up and down the decks trying to find the rooms and it taking hours?

4. can you do some cabins one night, then others the next, etc?

Thanks for all your help
The cost varies on what you decided. Just make it comfortable for your budget.

I have done a cabin gift and then put in stickers or tattoos for the kids plus candy always works.

I usually pick one time and do several floors take a break and do some more. It is your choice there. Don't overdo or make it a chore for you or it won't be fun. The rooms are really easy to find and I usually have them divided by port and starboard and then when I go to that deck it is very easy to deliver.

Hope this helps. Just enjoy it. The cost does not matter. At least not to me. I have loved everything I have ever received.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #194
asemaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswade99 View Post
As a mother of an almost 12 year old boy I see your dilemma. It is hard. My son likes candy, candy and you guessed it: candy. A bowl with sprinkles for the icecream would be appreciated too. But face it: boys are hard to please. Maybe a keychain or an adressbook to keep in touch with all his new friends?
WDW 2012 POFQ
DCL Fantasy Western Carribean april 2012
asemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #195
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

As far as cost do what is comfortable for you. On our last cruise I did gifts for individuals and cabin gifts. (Hawaii for 14 days there was plenty of time.) Sometimes what you deliver depends on when you deliver (friends on my first Disney cruise did an a Bingo themed FE before a group Bingo meet) On our Hawaiian cruise I delivered a tissue packet holder (Disney Themed fabric) the first night so it could be used on the cruise, and luggage handle wraps (to help find your luggage in a large group) on the last sea day so they would be there for the sad act of packing to disembark.

Fe gifts are as personal as the people that give them and delivery is too.

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Bookwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: