Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #136
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

One of the things I included was a business card with a Mickey & Minnie image on the front, "Enjoy your cruise from the XX family" and a tip chart on the back.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #137
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety
**If you're in my FE group, don't read this possible spoiler!**

Anyone have suggestions for a graphic designer? I can do just about anything on a computer, but I'm not as confident in my crafting to make some of these creative FE gifts I've seen.

I was thinking about giving the adults a CD that would include fun borders and other elements that they could use on their own photos from the trip (like a digital scrapbooking package). Do you think that would work? Or would that be too "digital" for some people??
WISH you were on MY cruise cuz I would absolutely FLIP over that!! LOL!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #138
kmitchel
DIS Veteran

I just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and if someone would create a card with a small magnet on the top to fit in the device you are supposed to put your KTTW card in to make the lights work, would be wonderful! I HATED having to take out my key from the lanyard! If a small card had a magnet on it, we could have stuck it to the back of the door when we were in the room and taken it out and stuck it to the bathroom door when we left the room.

Just a thought.
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #139
BAT
Mouseketeer

Exactly what type of card would do that?
BAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #140
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT
On another thread, DISers are stating any type of hotel room key or even business cards. Have yet to try as I sail next month. I am taking an old RCCL card to use.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #141
BethA
DIS Veteran

Any card will work We saved the one from country inn
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #142
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmitchel View Post
I just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and if someone would create a card with a small magnet on the top to fit in the device you are supposed to put your KTTW card in to make the lights work, would be wonderful! I HATED having to take out my key from the lanyard! If a small card had a magnet on it, we could have stuck it to the back of the door when we were in the room and taken it out and stuck it to the bathroom door when we left the room.

Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
Any card will work We saved the one from country inn
I have a stack of used Disney Gift Cards. They have the magnetic strip. I would think they would work too. Embellish them a bit if you want and distribute as FE gifts... not a bad idea.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #143
kmitchel
DIS Veteran

That IS a really good idea for the used Disney Gift cards! We use them all the time and you could easily embelish/personalize them.

Now, I just wish the Magic and Wonder would upgrade to the new door locks too!
kmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #144
Minnie Monellen
DIS Veteran

Laundry Bags

Not sure if this idea has been posted before. I saw brightly colored laundry bags in our local dollar store for only $2. You could put a heat transfer of your meet group's logo on the bag.
Minnie Monellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #145
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Monellen View Post
Not sure if this idea has been posted before. I saw brightly colored laundry bags in our local dollar store for only $2. You could put a heat transfer of your meet group's logo on the bag.
Thats a GREAT idea! Maybe for my next cruise, I just bought the stuf for my upcoming cruise.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #146
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
**If you're in my FE group, don't read this possible spoiler!**

Anyone have suggestions for a graphic designer? I can do just about anything on a computer, but I'm not as confident in my crafting to make some of these creative FE gifts I've seen.

I was thinking about giving the adults a CD that would include fun borders and other elements that they could use on their own photos from the trip (like a digital scrapbooking package). Do you think that would work? Or would that be too "digital" for some people??
I think that is a GREAT idea. I don't scrpbook (just don't have time) but that would make it fast and easy to do. (and I would do a few pages) I would also print a few photos to frame with the borders. If you have the ability to do that it would be an awesome FE gift!!! I have bought the photopass CD in the past to get the borders, but it is soooo expensive. I'm sure what you would do would be even better, as it would be customised to your specific cruise.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #147
AmanduhAnn
Mouseketeer

My daughter and I live in Japan, so I was thinking of buying Japanese snacks and candies to bring for one of our FE gifts.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #148
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanduhAnn
My daughter and I live in Japan, so I was thinking of buying Japanese snacks and candies to bring for one of our FE gifts.
I think that'll be a big hit. Great idea!
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #149
asemaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanduhAnn
Great idea!
We live in Sweden, so I'm thinking the same but Swedish candy and perhaps some simple Swedish food. More people should try the Swedish salty candy liqourich (sp?)
WDW 2012 POFQ
DCL Fantasy Western Carribean april 2012
asemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #150
BAT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asemaria View Post
Great idea!
We live in Sweden, so I'm thinking the same but Swedish candy and perhaps some simple Swedish food. More people should try the Swedish salty candy liqourich (sp?)
I would love to get those! I discovered salty licorice a few years ago and now I look for it as an occasional treat in the European section of a grocery store.
BAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: