Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
Marcela
Mouseketeer

Disney on My Mind: The Pre-Trip Stress keeps nagging!

After 5 months of waiting, our family (me, DH, DS 16, and DD 10) is finally leaving for our Disney vacation tomorrow morning.

For the past couple of weeks, we all have been really psyched , and since I am a control freak , I have also majorly stressed everything about the trip. I've told myself over, and over again that everything will work out, and moments later, I would talk myself right out of it.

I've been watching the weather closely, and freaking out over the rain predictions for every day we are there. I ran out to buy 4 rain ponchos in hopes that if I am prepared for the rain, the rain won't come. Can you say delusional? I've also been reasoning with myself that Florida weather has rain in its forecast all the time, and it rains for a bit every day. Right????

Last weekend DH got the annoying sinus/cold, and has been sick all week. I had quarantined him away from the rest of us, and have been pumping him full of OTC medication.

I've been packing for the past few days, and have been worrying 24/7 that I am forgetting some very essential items that we can't live without. I even wake up through the night, with my thoughts immediately on packing, weather, and everything else that's been stressing me out.

I know that once our plane lands in Orlando, I will relax significantly, go with the flow, and make the best of any situation that is thrown at me! But until then, I will be a stressed out nutcase!

I am praying that I am not alone in this, and there are other crazy, controlling moms out there, trying to make sure that their families have the BEST time on their Disney Vacations!
Marcela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
DisneyLilly
Mouseketeer

Joining in!
I hope your husband is feeling better!!
Have a fantastic trip!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Marcela
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much!
Marcela is offline   Reply With Quote