Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #1456
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Beautiful Christmas cards! And I love Declan's hooded sweater. It really caught my eye. I can't wait to see the missing cards.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 10-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #1457
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

That Ditch looked so empty...like something was missing...oh, I know...ME!! We all left the day before- what a perfect plan you all had, hitting the Ditch on Cinco de Mayo.

Those sweaters Chris likes are BEAUTIFUL- I'm surprised they're even too heavy for you up in Canada- I'm freezing all winter in NJ- how can you be warm withOUT that sweater up there is what I want to know!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #1458
momof2cutegirls
DIS Veteran

Beautiful cards! Sent you a PM and would love the information you offered!
DD11

Planning for Marriott Grand Vista - November 30-December 7, 2014
Boardwalk Villas - one night only February 10, 2013
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - November 24-December 1, 2012
Boardwalk Villas & Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - November-December 2010
Marriott Grand Vista - 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003
Old 10-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #1459
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

LOVE your Christmas card, it turned out beautifully!

I'm excited for you for your quick solo trip and really bummed that I couldn't work it out to be there as well. Hope you have a great time!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:26 AM   #1460
Momto4DisneyFans
Earning My Ears

Just found your TR yesterday and am already caught up! Awesome report! It's like a good book, I just couldn't stop reading. Can't wait to read the rest and I'm glad to hear it will not be your last trip after all. That would be tragic!

Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #1461
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Trish ~ I absolutely LOVE your Christmas card...how beautiful!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #1462
Disney Geek
Mouseketeer

I'm baaaaack!!!!

Had a great trip! Absolutely loved MNSSHP. Had I known that I would like it so much I may have planned to attend 2X!!! Spend Canadian Thanksgiving with friends in Homestead FL. They were kind enough to surprise us with a thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings, I was realy touched!!!

Did I read correctly??? Did Katie start her riding lessons??? If that is correct, I am soooo excited for her! As I told you, I will be living vicariously through her since my DD wants nothing to do with horses!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #1463
geeech
FLAorBUST

I'm in. Awesome TR. !!

Old 10-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #1464
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

HI!!! I am back and all caught up (read my PTR for my reasons for being away )

I loved your EPCOT day! The kids (and shopping hubby) seem to have a blast! What a neat DISMeet too!

I am SO happy you reviewed San Angel Inn! My DH has really wanted to try that, but we are always scared to. Thanks!

Beautiful Christmas cards! Just love them. Also, how cool of those people to be paddling in pumpkins! WOW! Can't wait to read about Jiko!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #1465
berliozcat
Earning My Ears

Please

Please will you continue your report. I'm obsessed with how it all ends!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #1466
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
WOW, I LOVE your Christmas cards. I'm just trying to plan our outfits (our December trip) and I'm hoping we can get one amazing pictures in front the the castle during the party night (then I realized the outfits I got us we will need to wear a coat if its too cold...I might have to go to GF and get one in front of the tree...I saw someone post last year and loved it).
My husband laughs at me that I'm plotting the outfits and don't know the weather b/c its can be cold or warm. Shopping today and I told him that we cant wear it until December and he looked at me
I am right there with you on plotting out in great detail outfits for a family photo shoot. As it turned out, we had to make a last-minute change for ours, but sounds like you will be smarter than I was and have a warm weather and cooler weather option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Sounds like a fun weekend!! Love all the pics. Your Christmas card is great!! Congrats to Hubby on the race. Avery and I are going to see Secratariat when she has a day off from school on Oct 22md.
Have fun at Secretariat tomorrow! Believe it or not, Katie and I are going for the 2nd time tomorrow too with some friends who haven't yet seen it. You will LOVE it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Yep, just posted my Jiko dinner on my TR this morning! We had ADR's after AK EMH's, it was a late night!

I am insanely jealous of your quick trip! I haven't had the chance to meet C yet and Howard Jones is just icing on the cake in my book!

can I just say how funny it strikes me to see a Tim Horton's banner at the end of a 1/2 marathon Looks like you've had a fun weekend!
Hey Katie!!! Good to hear from you again! You are right - it is a little ironic to see a donut chain sponsoring a half marathon!

I will have to get back over to your TR to hear all about your meal at Jiko. I have not been on here much lately. I guess a trip to Disney is a good excuse to be absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Congrats to your hubby, that is no easy feat..good for him!

Love the kids outfits, they are so cute!

I love that you guys have a pumpkin regatta....how fun does that look?

Ok....now about that Christmas card.....G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! They did an amazing job with those pictures!

Thanks Queen!!! I am so looking forward to getting caught up on trip reports...and yours tops the list! Hopefully in another week or so things will be back to normal. I was out of the office for 6 days and just back so things are still a little crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorsLoveDisney View Post
Hi!! i have a lot to read up on.. but i was lurking and noticed the comment about San angel... we were just there last week... needless to say .. we went hungry that night.. alll the food was HORRIBLE!
Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal at San Angel. We loved it. I can see if you are going in expecting TexMex, you would be disappointed. We really like authentic Mexican food and enjoyed our meals quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Aren't the Voices of Liberty amazing?! I loved seeing them this past December. Incredibly powerful and beautiful!

A little solo time at Epcot, gotta love that!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Looks like a very fun weekend - the gourd scavenger hunt sounds like so much fun! What a GREAT idea. I just might have to go pick up some gourds and do that with Henry, even though we don't have Thanksgiving for another month, it will still be a fun activity! Super cute pics of the kids in the tree.

Your Christmas card turned out beautifully! I wish I could see the others, I'm sure they are just as beautiful! Perhaps the pictures will come back.
Thanks for the comments on the cards....I actually had them mailed to me at the Beach Club of all places since they don't yet ship the cards to Canada. I just picked them up Monday and they look great. I will take some photos over the next few days and repost them so you can see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Love the Christmas Card!!! Looks great! I'm almost done making our cards, too. The advantage of a summer trip to Disney!

Amanda
I would love to see your cards Amanda!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I can't believe how much those sweaters cost. Alone time sounds like a nice birthday treat. I have never seen the American Adventure and I really want to. It is on my list for next trip for sure.
I think American Adventure is a must-do. Especially if you are American! While I like Hall of Presidents, AA is far more moving and poignant IMO.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #1467
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Beautiful Christmas cards! And I love Declan's hooded sweater. It really caught my eye. I can't wait to see the missing cards.
Thank you! I will try to post pictures of the other cards in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
That Ditch looked so empty...like something was missing...oh, I know...ME!! We all left the day before- what a perfect plan you all had, hitting the Ditch on Cinco de Mayo.

Those sweaters Chris likes are BEAUTIFUL- I'm surprised they're even too heavy for you up in Canada- I'm freezing all winter in NJ- how can you be warm withOUT that sweater up there is what I want to know!!
You are too funny! We certainly missed you girls at our Cinco Meet!

As for the sweaters....yes, we definitely get our cold days up in Atlantic Canada. But because we are surrounded by the ocean, our temperatures tend to be warmer than inland areas...like NH! Sorry!

In all seriousness, I would guess our temps are pretty comparable. But DH always seems to be on the hot side of comfortable, even in the dead of winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2cutegirls View Post
Beautiful cards! Sent you a PM and would love the information you offered!
Sorry for the delay....I have been away. I will be sending out the codes to everyone tomorrow or Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
LOVE your Christmas card, it turned out beautifully!

I'm excited for you for your quick solo trip and really bummed that I couldn't work it out to be there as well. Hope you have a great time!
Thanks Michelle! It was a great little trip, even if it was a quick one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto4DisneyFans View Post
Just found your TR yesterday and am already caught up! Awesome report! It's like a good book, I just couldn't stop reading. Can't wait to read the rest and I'm glad to hear it will not be your last trip after all. That would be tragic!
Thanks for posting! So glad to have you here! I will have an update or two up over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Trish ~ I absolutely LOVE your Christmas card...how beautiful!!!
Thank you!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #1468
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Geek View Post
Had a great trip! Absolutely loved MNSSHP. Had I known that I would like it so much I may have planned to attend 2X!!! Spend Canadian Thanksgiving with friends in Homestead FL. They were kind enough to surprise us with a thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings, I was realy touched!!!

Did I read correctly??? Did Katie start her riding lessons??? If that is correct, I am soooo excited for her! As I told you, I will be living vicariously through her since my DD wants nothing to do with horses!
No kidding! I was at MNSSHP on Oct.17th? Were you there too by chance???

Yes, Katie started her lessons and has been absolutely loving riding! Actually we are both enjoying it - I am riding with her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeech View Post
I'm in. Awesome TR. !!
Thanks! Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
HI!!! I am back and all caught up (read my PTR for my reasons for being away )

I loved your EPCOT day! The kids (and shopping hubby) seem to have a blast! What a neat DISMeet too!

I am SO happy you reviewed San Angel Inn! My DH has really wanted to try that, but we are always scared to. Thanks!

Beautiful Christmas cards! Just love them. Also, how cool of those people to be paddling in pumpkins! WOW! Can't wait to read about Jiko!
Oh Katie....I assumed quite incorrectly that you were busy (in a good way)with life all this time. I just read your PTR for the update. How terrible! I am so, so sorry!!!

We have had a number of things come up recently with our house too. The list includes replacement of both fireplaces (Chris is convinced the masonry is failing and possibly causing water leaks into both chimneys) and installation of a steel roof (Chris is convinced the 15 yr old asphault shingles are at their limit and is keen on a steel roof as we are right on the ocean and get blasted by strong winds and salt), plus replacement of the patio doors off our kitchen and master bedroom. Major, major, major expenses. I was feeling sorry for myself as I have also been questioning whether an October family trip at the BC is really in the cards next year. Then I read your update and felt absolutely sick for you and immediately stopped feeling sorry for myself. I am so glad that you are still going in December. You will definitely need this trip and I am so happy that you are still taking it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berliozcat View Post
Please will you continue your report. I'm obsessed with how it all ends!
Don't worry...I may not be as fast in writing this report as I have been in the past, but it definitely won't be abandonned. If you can stick with me, I promise I will finish. I was away for 6 days, and I am just coming up for air, and still very much in the process of catching up at work and at home.
However, I should have an update or two to throw up sometime over the weekend.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #1469
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Love your christmas cards.....glad that your photo session worked out so well for you.

Did you have a nice time away?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 10-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #1470
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Hi Trish! I know I've been MIA from the DIS the past few months but I'm back and I just spent the morning catching up on your TR!! I can't wait to read more and see how your birthday dinner goes! And I LOVE your Christmas cards!! WOW! You are ahead of the game! I will be rushing to get ours done when we get back from our trip since I want to use pics from our trip with all of the Christmas decorations! Oh--and I wanted to add that I just ADORE Katie's Tiana custom--BEAUTIFUL!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: