Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #1366
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

LOVE the EPCOT report, my favorite too, can't believe Declan caught the ball on the first ride! We are getting excited for our trip, your report is helping! Thanks a bunch!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #1367
drmommy
Mouseketeer

I finally got caught up! I commented early on in your report...then lurked when I had time. Yesterday I was able to get completely caught up. It was kind of nice to go through the ups and downs in one sitting. And frankly, I think every family has those moments on vacation...at least mine does (I've been wanting to do that. You give us a at the perfect times!) Sometimes it takes a little more effort to find the magic. I, too, had moments of insanity thinking I could handle a 4 month old (then again at 10 months ) in the Florida heat. In the end, the good times are what I try to remember and what keep us going back!

Can't wait to hear more!
July 2008 - AKL - First Trip - 18 weeks pregnant with DS#2
May 2009 - Contemporary Resort
September 2009 - Contemporary Resort
June 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
December 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
May 2011 - Boardwalk Villas
December 2011 - Bay Lake Tower/CSR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #1368
dreajoyanne
Our Fairytale Beginning

Whoa, on Soarin' there is an actual Ball to catch? Seriously? I never knew that!

but....isn't that kinda dangerous??
2010 - POFQ - Celebration of my completion of J.D.!
2012 - POFQ - BABYMOON - our little bundle is due July
Planning our 2014 trip with baby Hugo!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #1369
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if that was a new part of Soarin" (catching the golf ball) then realized it would be WAY too dangerous But that was cute!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 09-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #1370
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreajoyanne View Post
Whoa, on Soarin' there is an actual Ball to catch? Seriously? I never knew that!

No, there's not an actual ball to catch.

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #1371
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Oh good, I thought she was kidding, but then I started to wonder if there really was a ball!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #1372
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

That's a great morning at Epcot - minus the FP issue.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 09-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #1373
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Sounds like a pretty good morning in Epcot! I hope things continued to go well!

I love your flower and garden pictures!!! It makes me super excited to get 2 trip during F&G next year!!!
Epcot never looks better than during Flower & Garden - that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
looks like a great morning Epcot!

I love the entrance into the park from International Gateway.. especially the walk through an empty World Showcase

It must have been great for Declan to try all those rides for the first time!

Emma x
It was such a great trip for us with everyone now being able to do the rides. So many "firsts" for Declan this trip, which made it really special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
So far so good on the Birthday morning at Epcot! It's great when the whole family can ride everything together! Waiting to hear about your Dismeet and World Showcase!
You are right Nichole - it is so much better when everyone can ride. You must now be there as well with Thomas. BTW - do you guys have any trips coming up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDisneyfan816 View Post
Wow, great pictures from Epcot! Sounded like a great day!
It was both a productive and fun morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Great update!
You had fantastic timing with the major Epcot attractions.
I love the Four Parks One World CD. It's a great dose of Disney in the car or while I'm busy doing things at home. LOVE it!
It is so nice to bring a little bit of the Parks into our daily lives, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Sounds like a great Epcot morning. It is so great when you can finally give up baby swap and all ride together!
I agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
it sounds like a great morning so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was! So far, so good!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #1374
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looks like a really fun morning. Hurrah for Declan's first trip on Soarin'. Too funny he could anticipate the scenes based on your shout-outs in the car! And how cool about the golf ball!?!? Is that a treat from the CM's or did you and Chris work that magic?

You really did get a lot done that morning! Chris does look like a Test Track fan.

Loving the pictures of the topiaries. I last went to F&G in 2006 and thought Epcot was so gorgeous. Can't wait to see it again!!

Looking forward to hearing about the DIS meet!!
You are right Christine....Mom might have had a little something to do with that golfball!

Who would have thought such joy and pleasure could be expressed by my husband for a DIsney ride?!

I know you will love getting back to Epcot for F&G. Even though I saw it in 2009, in just one year I forgot how beautiful it really is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I love your family's Test Track picture!! Chris looks thrilled-- looks like Declan was a little scared, though!
You know...you are right. He does look a little scared. But ironically, he wasn't scared at all in line for the ride - Katie was!!! We had to practically pull teeth to get her to ride...and keep reminding her how much she liked it. Of course, as soon as we climbed out of the vehicle, both kids were begging to go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Looks like a fun morning at Epcot. Your pics are really great. Hope you get your treat and Illuminations for your bday!!
Thanks! It was a perfect morning in my favourite Park. Great way to spend a birthday!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #1375
cdotla
Trish

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I was wondering if that was a new part of Soarin" (catching the golf ball) then realized it would be WAY too dangerous But that was cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
No, there's not an actual ball to catch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Oh good, I thought she was kidding, but then I started to wonder if there really was a ball!
Sorry to mislead....I probably should have made it clear that Momma had something to do with that golfball ending up in my son's hand.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #1376
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
me too! Is there?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #1377
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
LOVE the EPCOT report, my favorite too, can't believe Declan caught the ball on the first ride! We are getting excited for our trip, your report is helping! Thanks a bunch!
Yay! I love hearing that! The trip reports I enjoy the most are the ones that get me excited for my trip...glad to know I can return the favour to someone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmommy View Post
I finally got caught up! I commented early on in your report...then lurked when I had time. Yesterday I was able to get completely caught up. It was kind of nice to go through the ups and downs in one sitting. And frankly, I think every family has those moments on vacation...at least mine does (I've been wanting to do that. You give us a at the perfect times!) Sometimes it takes a little more effort to find the magic. I, too, had moments of insanity thinking I could handle a 4 month old (then again at 10 months ) in the Florida heat. In the end, the good times are what I try to remember and what keep us going back!

Can't wait to hear more!
Well, thanks for checking back in! Hopefully the links helped get you back up-to-date quickly. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go as quickly as I would like in updating. I am looking forward to finishing up so I can catch up on all of the other TRs I have been reading!

Yes, you are right. We all have the ups and downs in life...even on vacation...and even at the most magical place on earth. I guess that is what makes us appreciate the good times even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
That's a great morning at Epcot - minus the FP issue.

Amanda
It would be great if they got those machines straightened out. However, in the whole scheme of things, I was very thankful with how the day had gone so far. The FP was almost a non-event really. The only blemish on an otherwise perfect morning!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #1378
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
me too! Is there?

Let me be perfectly clear: there are no golfballs thrown at anyone in Soarin'. My son just happened to have one "fall" into his hand by a stealthy mom.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #1379
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post

Let me be perfectly clear: there are no golfballs thrown at anyone in Soarin'. My son just happened to have one "fall" into his hand by a stealthy mom.

love it!!!! I will be stealing this idea in November.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #1380
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Trish!

So happy to read your Birthday morning was fun and you enjoyed your meal at Cape May. Looks like a fun place to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post

A couple of years ago during YOAMD we rode Soarin' with a Dream Team Member. She told us to concentrate really hard and see if we could 'catch' the golf ball. Well, I caught it!!! It even had the Mickey head on it. My kids were in awe. The Dream Team CM told them "your mom is a ninja!". I said you know at night when you guys think I am sleeping, well I am actually practicing my secret mama ninja skills. (that is why I am so tired most of the time)
My DD still questions the golf ball incident... Fun memories!

I absolutely LOVE the Test Track pic...your DH looks like he is having BIG fun . The look on his face really cracked me up . So glad you have a picture of him having a good time.

Hope you are having a great week!
TTFN
Darlene

BTW...I think you are a ninja mom too!

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: