Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2010, 07:30 AM   #871
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi! Lately I have been reading your updates right before bed at night and I don't post- and then forget to in the morning! First off, very sorry to hear about your Aunt. I hope your family is recovering from their shocking loss.

I LOVE the yogurt parfaits at the BC!! Yummmmm!!! I ALWAYS have that for breakfast when I am there- I love it so much I have it at home, too- but a lower calorie version. I do have a pic, just not uploaded yet. When it is, I'll post it over here.

How was your SIL done with the park after an hour and a half???? Did she go to a different one later that day? Well, I'm glad she liked Stormalong Bay....

Looking forward to more soon!!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #872
disneymom06
DIS Veteran

I feel your pain! My DH is also a resister, but when I tell him that he doesnt have to come with us, he always tags along. His parents were worse. They meet us for a few days, I had extra tickets for them and they stayed with us in our rooms. After 2 hours, which included having to stop for lunch because my FIL was hungry, they also were finished with DHS. I was shocked. (My kids were so angry.) All they did was complain about how high the prices were and they weren't paying!

I am now VERY protective of my Disney Vacations.

Looking forward to reading more
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #873
jv110897
Earning My Ears

Wow!! Your posts are fantastic to read!! We are planning our second trip for January 2011 and I am so excited to try some of the restaurants that you mentioned. Thanks for all of your wonderful insight into WDW!!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #874
cmr154
Earning My Ears

My vote is for your next trip just you and the kids go, leave all the other non-park fans at home!

I couldn't imagine spending all that money and leaving so early. Maybe it'd of been better if it was in the winter when the weather was better? All I have to say is you are wife and in-law of the year!!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #875
seamama71
Mouseketeer

I've had so much fun catching up on your TR today! I can't wait to hear more. Of course as I've shared before, I'm gobbling up your descriptions of the BCV and plotting where to request our room.

I'm also sorry for your family's loss. It sounds like you are all close and supportive of each other. The descriptions of all the relatives you got to spend time with on your trip were so nice and touching - you all seem so sweet!

Look forward to reading more

Beach Club Villas, here we come!!! Planning for an April 2012 Grand Gathering
Old 07-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #876
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

WHAT! they left that early!! I just don't understand people.. why they heck even bother!! Good for you for staying a bit longer though..
Poor Katie.. I have a feeling that is how my DS3 will be so I don't think I am even going to take him on it.. DS7 can't wait to go on it
Old 07-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #877
sly1971
Earning My Ears

Trisha, you are on the right track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Yes, but this would imply that I know the answer. Sadly I don't. But if you ever hear of such a book, I am buying!
Hi Trisha! I have been having a blast reading your TR and just wanted to let you know you are on point with Chris...visiting WDW with other like-minded friends or family is a must-do if your spouse (and mine) are not quite as enthusiastic as you/we are. Even just having another guy friend around when you visit in Oct 2011 should be enough to brighten him up next year...and it is a brilliant idea to give him extra space to enjoy Disney his own way for part of the day.

I am counting down the days til Nov 4th this year, when we embark on an 8 night stay at WL with six close friends and family - all coming to help me celebrate my 40th B-Day (2 months early) in grand style. This is our 7th trip since honeymooning at POR in 1997 and DH was starting to get a little tired of Disney (sigh!) so I dreamed up the idea more than two years ago to bring our closest friends with us. It worked! Glenn is now starting to get almost as excited as I am as the trip draws closer every day...he even read your TR with me this afternoon! And we booked a specialty "Illuminations Cruise" today (his idea no less), which is going to be a surprise for our crew. There's nothing like travelling with "newbies" - it really does enhance your experience BEFORE and DURING the trip.

So happy for you that you have a new trip to look forward to. For people like us, that is half the fun, right? Thanks again for your terrific reports. It is great to read one from a fellow Maritimer.
Shelley
Old 07-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #878
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I'm finally all caught up

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss in the family, and the trouble you faced from your husband on this vacation.

Awesome news that you guys at least have another vacation in the works though.

Looking forward to more

Old 07-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #879
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

As one half of a couple who spends the entire day in a park, from rope drop to closing, I just can't wrap my head around the idea of leaving early. You sure have a lot of patience, I would have told my DH to suck it and enjoy the hotel alone lol. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #880
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Awww I feel bad for Katie and the TOT ride, but so glad she's going to try it again one day. Great that Declan finally got to meet Lightning McQueen! And I agree, your pics are better! Chris's Minnie is amazing! Yours is pretty good yourself! I want to do the animation class when we go.
The animation class is really fun! We love it! I am not so much a fan of the "pre-show", but we just skip it and go directly to the class. Once you have seen the pre-show once, that is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
At least you got the major attractions done in your morning at DHS! And for beating your husband at TSM! I have to agree that your husband's Minnie is really good.

I can't believe that after spending that much money to add on days to the park hopper, that they were ready to leave before noon! I don't get it.

Love the Cars pics. Meeting Lightening had been our one big mission to our trip in August. My little girl loves him!
You know, I was hopeful that my SIL would really like the Parks, but I wasn't really surprised. I knew she wanted to spend a lot of time at the pool, and a significant amount of time shopping, so when you only have 4 days, you can't do it all.

However, I have to say that I was floored when every other adult but me wanted to leave after just 3 attractions and less than 2 hours at HS.

Thankfully we got DH to agree to stay a bit longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy08 View Post
OMG I am reading your post and cracking up. Last time we went to DHS we did the Fantasmic dining package and had dinner at the Hollywood and Vine. I was so nervous from reading all the comments on the boards about the dinner portion... Actually no one complained about the food at all. As we started for Fantasmic I forgot to bring the kids earplugs for the Fireworks... My MIL said "oh there are the buses right there" Let's just head back to the resort... Of course I wouldn't settle for that I was so happy to get into Fantasmic. So I went to the nurses station and they had earplugs and we went to the show. After the whole thing... My MIL was so happy we stayed she loved the show.

Hopefully we will get to meet McQueen this trip. Last time he wasn't out... And my girlfriend made me a McQueen pillowcase dress so I was bummed he wasn't out.
Glad you got to see Fantasmic! I was happy we got it in the 2nd nite because with the limited showings, it can be hard to fit into the schedule.

We loved meeting McQueen...you will definitely have to check him out the next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Poor Katie! But it's great that she wants to try TOT again.
I can't believe everyone wanted to leave so soon! I hope they return in the afternoon for some Disney magic.
Believe it or not - my SIL and her boys did not return to the Parks that day. So, I think for 2 days of tickets, they ended up paying over $200 per attraction for the 3 of them to ride TOT, TSM and RNRC. I love those attractions, but not that much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
LOL, this is great; your inlaws sound like my sister and her husband! We love them dearly, but don't go anywhere with them any more because all our time is spent either driving/traveling or waiting. Now when we get together, we just tell them when we'll be certain places and that they can catch up with us as best they can.

Your photos are far superior to the Photopass photographer's. You can cancel the pre-purchase by invoking the satisfaction guarantee; I did, after 1) seeing very few Photopass photographers in 8 days, and 2) thinking that the photos they took were horrible.

I want to read about lunch in Le Cellier! Canadians for Canada!
Actually, I already ordered the CD. But fortunately, I was the leader of a Photopass Share. I used to lead these on the Dis up until about 2 years ago when they banned them. SInce then, I have organized my last couple trips on Tour Guide Mike. So my share of the CD was only about $20.

The photos taken by the Beach Club photopass photographer (the family ones on the beach and the pool candid shot) in my mind were worth the $20. Especially since they are some of the only photos I have from the trip that I am actually in the photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Oh goodness...you had only just got there and they wanted to leave!

Didn't the teenagers want to stay and ride alone?

I bet your MIL would have liked to sit and watch beauty and the beast.
I think my MIL would have liked the Beauty and the Beast Show too. But she was very happy to leave with my SIL. She found the heat and walking hard.

My nephews did not seem to have any problem leaving either. They are certainly old enough that they could have stayed by themselves, or could have even stayed with us, but they seemed happy to leave with their mother and grandmother and go sit by the pool. Oh well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I really feel for you that you have such a difficult time enjoying your time at WDW. Even if I wasn't thrilled to be there I would doing whatever I could to help my family enjoy the vacation and doing my best to make my own time enjoyable.

I can't believe your SIL would spend all that money and not stay in the parks. I hope the returned later in the day.
Nope...my SIL and her boys did not return to any of the Parks that day.

From that point on, once they decided to leave HS after just 3 attractions and just over 1 1/2 hours in the Park, I stopped feeling concerned or guilty about the amount of money they had spent (or wasted) on tickets. It was their choice to use so little of the tickets they had spent so much money to purchase.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #881
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
Poor Katie and ToT! My daughter was equally freaked by it and highly doubtful if she will ever do it again.

She was 6 1/2 when she went. I don't do rides with drops like that. So dh took her on. She was all excited to go, however as I saw her walking out of the ride once it was over, she was white as a sheet. Dh said he thinks it was more the pre-show that did her in but he wasn't sure. We were also going to head to RnRCoaster but with the way she was looking, we decided a break would be best. Poor thing was so freaked by ToT, it took two days for her to get back to her usual thrill seeking self. I talked her into going on BTMRR and then she was back - did Space Mtn 3x's by the time we went home

I can't believe that after all the money your sil spent on tix, she was done that quickly. I would have sent dh back to the hotel with them and spent the rest of the day enjoying myself.
Sorry to hear your DD also had a scary experience on the TOT. You just never know - I have seen kids who seemed very scared getting onto it, walking off laughing. And little guys, like my 5 yr old son, can really love it.

If Katie decides she doesn't ever want to ride again - that is totally fine with me! Sounds like your DD may also be in the non-rider camp.

I just wish we had gotten her onto RNRC first, because I *know* she would have loved that one, and only didn't ride because she was still a little freaked out from TOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Oh I was so excited to read these comments thinking perhaps you have found another Disney lover in your family....
Yeah Katie....unfortunately no such luck. I am afraid Chris' family proved to be even less Disney-enthused than he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I'm glad Katie decided she would like to try ToT next year! Chris' drawing of Minnie is great! I can't imagine leaving a Park so early - I hope you all got to go to another Park later in the day
I thought Chris' Minnie was pretty good too!

Unfortunately Chris' SIL and nephews did not get back in the Parks again that day. We only caught up with them again around 9:30pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Sorry that ToT didn't work out better. Nathaniel was scared out of his mind last year on that ride! Too bad because I love it!!!
Animation class looks great. We may have to take Nathaniel to that!

Amanda

You should definitely try the animation class! We all loved it...except Declan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Subbing! Love your TR and pictures, now I'm about half way through it, so gotta get caught up!
Thanks and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I finally finished reading everything!!!! Lovin' it! I'm very anxious to hear about the rest of your trip. I will have to admit, though, that I feel bad for y'all when you speak about your DH not enjoying everything That breaks my heart. At least he does like the resort!! That's a plus! Guess I'm super fortunate in the fact that my DH loves WDW. I have very dear friends that want to go to Disney, but their DHs won't do it....at least your DH will go!!!..... At least he is there. My poor friends are going to have to make a trip with the kids minus husband

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks Heather! And thanks for feeling for me due to a sometimes less-than-entusiastic Disney spouse.

I must admit that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your TR, but I am also very envious! You not only have a husband and kids who seem to "get" and love Disney as much (or almost as much) as you, but your lovely parents "get" it too!

I can't tell you how happy I would be to take a trip like that - where everyone was fully on board and enjoying the vacation as much as I was!

I know you already know this, but you are so, so lucky to get to share and experience all of those magical and special memories with your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcDisney View Post
Yeah, I don't think anyone on this board would get how these people could not be having fun. It's like, if you're tired find a beautiful place to sit down and relax or watch a show. If you don't like rides, just walk around or shop. Heck if I know what the deal is. Maybe they are overstimulated and it gets too overwhelming?

Can't wait to hear about Epcot next.
I am so, so glad to hear that others think it was as bizarre as I did how quickly my family was finished with the Parks.

I know at the start of my TR people had suggested that maybe checking into 3 resorts and commando touring were the reasons my husband didn't enjoy the trip.

Honestly, the 1st nite at CR and last nite at the Poly was not any great trouble. And we had 8 WHOLE DAYS at the BCV to relax and stay put - longer than a lot of pepple have for their whole trip.

And I really don't think we toured commando at all. Unless you consider Park opening to lunchtime, then leaving for the rest of the day, and sometimes returning around 8pm for the nighttime entertainment. Which to me, is not commando at all!

Yes, I tried to ensure that we made rope drop each day - but we are not the type of people who sleep in AT ALL! That was no hardship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Sounds like today wasn't off to to bad a start..at least DH stayed and seemed to have a good time up to this point. Hope that continues.
Yes, all in all my family had a pretty good morning at HS, even if we did leave a little early. I was so, so glad my husband decided to stay after his family left. I would have stayed with the kids anyway, but I was much happier to tour as a family.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #882
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
I agree! That's why I LOVE our Mom/Daughter only trips. We can have fun and do whatever, whenever, and not have to worry about pleasing or not pleasing everyone else.
I hear you loud and clear! My favourite trip ever was the only just Katie and I took back in 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighbass06 View Post
I understand how Katie was feeling, I don't like ToT either!

That animation class looks like fun! I didn't know they had anything like that. Is it in the Art of Animation building?
Yes - the animation class is in the Art of Animation building. Check it out - it is a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I would be sick if I paid that much money and didn't stay any longer than that. Please tell me they went back to a park later!

We did the Animation class for the first time last trip and really liked it. We got to draw Pooh, one of my favorites.
I would have been sick paying all that money on the tickets too! Oh well...each to their own!

Wow! We never drew Pooh yet!

[QUOTE=jillyb;37478351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I would be sick if I paid that much money and didn't stay any longer than that. Please tell me they went back to a park later!
Nope! They were done for the day. So for 2 days of Park hoppers, they paid over $200 for each of the 3 attractions (TSM, TOT and RNRC)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Sorry you had to leave the parks so early + miss One Man's Dream-- that really stinks. At least Chris stuck it out with you after his sister + nephews left!
Yes - I was very sorry indeed to miss One Man's Dream, one of my favourite attractions in all of WDW. Especially because we did not end up fitting it in on our next visit to HS later in the week.

So it is a TOP priority on my next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Love it! Chris and I are super competitive and can't wait to try this ride on our visit! Any tips? He usually beats me too, but I'm bound and determined this trip!

Awwww...poor Katie on ToT! Who knows, maybe she'll try it again in the future!

So glad Declan finally got to meet McQueen!!!

We LOVE the animation studio too......glad you got to do it!
You will love, love, love TSM! There are actually a number of places online that show you how to do high scoring. I haven't hunted them down, but from what I understand, the key to the high scores in working together as a team to get the "secret" spots that open up higher value items to shoot. Apparently, you need both players to both get some of the secret areas before the higher value items unlock.

However, I was not really that hard core. Instead, I just focused on trying to get the high value items, focussing for instance on getting one 1,000 item over four 100-value ones.

I also recall that my accuracy score at the end was also higher than DH's, which absolutely floored me. I have no idea how that happened. DH is usually REALLY good at that, whereas me... not so much.

So I am not really sure how I ended up beating him to be honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecats View Post
I can sympathize. My husband can totally take or leave WDW, with preference for the 'leave' part--and it's my favorite place in the world. I am the bouncing-on-the-bed-at-6-am kind when I am there.

If it's any consolation, I am really enjoying your TR so at least know you have some people who are vicariously enjoying your trip a ton!
Thank you! As I said before, I am sorry that there are so many of us in this camp. But I am also relieved that I am not the only one who has to deal with this!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #883
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Congrats for "winning" in TSM!

Done by 11am??

How cool the CMs helped you get your MIL's hat back. Disney magic!

Poor Katie and the ToT... I so know how she feels. Except I did my nails into strangers' arms...

Hurrah for finally meeting McQueen!

DH draws a nice Minnie!!

Can't wait to hear about Le Cellier lunch. I so hope everyone loved it!
about you and TOT! Sounds like you and Katie would get along just fine!

I was so happy to get a Lightening McQueen meeting under our belts on this trip!

And as for LeCellier....although it is one of my FAVOURITE restaurants in all WDW, it wasn't the best meal. I hope to have an update on this later tonite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Jasmine hated ToT this first time I made her go on....that's right....she tells everyone I forced her Ok, I probably did but she screamed at me on the ride that she hated me....I almost fell over, at that point I knew I shouldn't have forced her to go, but on the upside, she did go on the very next trip and then I couldn't keep her off

I love the animation studio....glad you got to do that!!! I love One Man's Dream too....Jasmine, not so much, but she goes to keep mama happy
My trip actually felt very incomplete not getting One Man's Dream in. I have to do that and Mickey's Philharmagic every trip or things just don't feel right in the universe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkle View Post
I can't believe that your family was ready to leave at 10:30 ...that's unheard of........i thought when my DH has had enough at 2:00 that was ridiculous
What a lot of money to spend on park passes and not enjoy the parks....I just don't get it!
I can't wait to hear about Epcot!
So glad other people would have been as baffled as I was about the early exit from the Park.

For awhile, because it seemed like I was the only one wanting to stay, I was thinking that *I* was the weird one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear23 View Post
Sorry she didn't enjoy TOT! I want my DD to go on it...but I know she would be scared!
You SIL sounds like my DH. We drove over to MK (it takes 90min to get there!)...spent 3 hours there and he is ready to go home !

Your DH's Minnie looks great. We will have to check it out next time!
Definitely check out the Animation Class. I know DH ended up liking it, because if he didn't, there is no way he would have spent all that effort on making such a great Minnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-a-dee-dude-da View Post
I have been reading this trip report and I have to say I feel a bit for you Tricia.....LEAVE AT 10:30..... WHAT IS THAT ABOUT...the nephews didn't even want to stay...Your SIL has never been to park and she shells out 650 bucks for breakfast and a cup of tea...where was she going, to meet the Queen...what was so important she had to leave....

If I were you I'd take the kids by myself and do it the right way.....life is too short to spend it forcing people to relax and have a little fun
Finally - vindication!

So many times on this trip I felt like I was on candid camera or something. Everyone around me kept making these ridiculous choices and I kept scratching my head wondering if I was the one who was not "getting it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Oh Trish! Half a day at DHS? That's it????

Well, at least you got all the major rides done and some others for the kids!
Thank goodness we stayed the extra hour or so and got to meet McQueen and do the animation class. It really made a world of difference. I would have felt very unsatisfied leaving after just 3 attractions, one of which I didn't get to ride as I chose to stay back with the kids so DH could ride with his sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glite View Post
Sorry to hear about that your SIL and nephew's left early. Between that and spending time in Tampa and at the beach, I know you lost some Disney time which I'm sure you wasn't happy about. Well, at least you and the family had fun in Tampa and at the beach. Hope you all had a great day despite them leaving early. But, good news that you and your family have another trip planned with friends.
Yes, the day at Tampa and the Beach ended up being a lot of fun afterall!

And yes, I was very happy that DH decided to stay with us a bit longer at HS. It definitely could have gone either way once the rest of his family decided to leave, so I was glad he stayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh Trish!

That's only barely a half day at that! How frustrating. I do think it gets easier as kids get older and you see family more to just say, you go back, we are staying. I'm glad at least you stayed to see Lightening.

Good for Katie for being open to try TOT again next time. Kids are amazingly resilient and then alternatively traumatized and I swear, you never know which one will stick!

Last PP pic? Already????????????????
Yes that is right - no more photopass pictures! It was crazy how few we got. One was in front of the Castle on day 2 as a family, Two was on the rocks at the BC on our way to the Brown Derby and Fantasmic, Three was of me, the kids and my MIL in the Pool, and the Fourth and final Photopass was just the kids with McQueen!

It wasn't just Chris - everytime I asked the kids to pose for a photopass photographer with me, they weren't interested.

I suppose I could have jumped into a couple just myself - but what is the point of that?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #884
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi! Lately I have been reading your updates right before bed at night and I don't post- and then forget to in the morning! First off, very sorry to hear about your Aunt. I hope your family is recovering from their shocking loss.

I LOVE the yogurt parfaits at the BC!! Yummmmm!!! I ALWAYS have that for breakfast when I am there- I love it so much I have it at home, too- but a lower calorie version. I do have a pic, just not uploaded yet. When it is, I'll post it over here.

How was your SIL done with the park after an hour and a half???? Did she go to a different one later that day? Well, I'm glad she liked Stormalong Bay....

Looking forward to more soon!!
Oh yes - please post your pic of the yogurt cup from the BC Marketplace! I am kicking myself I didn't take any photos of it! It was so delicious!

I loved seeing them make it in front of me each morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom06 View Post
I feel your pain! My DH is also a resister, but when I tell him that he doesnt have to come with us, he always tags along. His parents were worse. They meet us for a few days, I had extra tickets for them and they stayed with us in our rooms. After 2 hours, which included having to stop for lunch because my FIL was hungry, they also were finished with DHS. I was shocked. (My kids were so angry.) All they did was complain about how high the prices were and they weren't paying!

I am now VERY protective of my Disney Vacations.

Looking forward to reading more
Ugh! I really feel for you with that vacation with your in-laws.

I too now realize how important it is to be selective about how we spend our WDW vacations. Sometimes family are not always the ones you should be travelling with unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv110897 View Post
Wow!! Your posts are fantastic to read!! We are planning our second trip for January 2011 and I am so excited to try some of the restaurants that you mentioned. Thanks for all of your wonderful insight into WDW!!
Thank you so much! I am glad you are getting some useful information for your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr154 View Post
My vote is for your next trip just you and the kids go, leave all the other non-park fans at home!

I couldn't imagine spending all that money and leaving so early. Maybe it'd of been better if it was in the winter when the weather was better? All I have to say is you are wife and in-law of the year!!
Once I realized that I was the one most concerned with how much money my SIL seemed to be wasting on the trip, and realized that she had no problem leaving after just 1 1/2 hours in the Park, I stopped worrying about it.

She actually had another problem with the rental car. Long story short: when she went to pick up her rental car at the airport, they had no record of her reservation. So instead of the 4 day rental being under $100, they charged her over $500!

Right then and there I would have either gotten on the magical express (which she was pre-registered for) or gotten a cab.

Of course I suggested a number of other things, including returning the car, and getting a new rental car for the remaining days using my code from mousesavers for a discounted rate of $20-25 a day.

However, she didn't seem to want to deal with the hassle of fixing the problem or returning the original car and picking up a new one.

So eventually I also stopped worrying about this as well once I realized that I was more concerned about it than she was, and it wasn't even my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamama71 View Post
I've had so much fun catching up on your TR today! I can't wait to hear more. Of course as I've shared before, I'm gobbling up your descriptions of the BCV and plotting where to request our room.

I'm also sorry for your family's loss. It sounds like you are all close and supportive of each other. The descriptions of all the relatives you got to spend time with on your trip were so nice and touching - you all seem so sweet!

Look forward to reading more

Thank you! Honestly, there aren't that many bad locations at the BCV! They do warn that because they are almost always at capacity, there are slim chances that your request will be honoured. But it certainly worked out for us - we got our exact 1st choice room!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #885
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
WHAT! they left that early!! I just don't understand people.. why they heck even bother!! Good for you for staying a bit longer though..
Poor Katie.. I have a feeling that is how my DS3 will be so I don't think I am even going to take him on it.. DS7 can't wait to go on it
Hopefully your 7 yr old will love the TOT! But based on my experience with Katie, if you have doubt about your 3 yr old, I would probably hold off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1971 View Post
Hi Trisha! I have been having a blast reading your TR and just wanted to let you know you are on point with Chris...visiting WDW with other like-minded friends or family is a must-do if your spouse (and mine) are not quite as enthusiastic as you/we are. Even just having another guy friend around when you visit in Oct 2011 should be enough to brighten him up next year...and it is a brilliant idea to give him extra space to enjoy Disney his own way for part of the day.

I am counting down the days til Nov 4th this year, when we embark on an 8 night stay at WL with six close friends and family - all coming to help me celebrate my 40th B-Day (2 months early) in grand style. This is our 7th trip since honeymooning at POR in 1997 and DH was starting to get a little tired of Disney (sigh!) so I dreamed up the idea more than two years ago to bring our closest friends with us. It worked! Glenn is now starting to get almost as excited as I am as the trip draws closer every day...he even read your TR with me this afternoon! And we booked a specialty "Illuminations Cruise" today (his idea no less), which is going to be a surprise for our crew. There's nothing like travelling with "newbies" - it really does enhance your experience BEFORE and DURING the trip.

So happy for you that you have a new trip to look forward to. For people like us, that is half the fun, right? Thanks again for your terrific reports. It is great to read one from a fellow Maritimer.
Shelley
Hi Shelley...so glad that you are starting to win your DH over to Disney. But I must say...you certainly had a "leg up" on me from the get-go. There was no way in the World I would have been able to get DH to go to WDW on a honeymoon!

Fortunately when we were married Disney wasn't even on my radar.

I loved WDW growing up as a kid. We spent 2 weeks every May in Florida growing up, and probably got to WDW every 2-3 years or so. I probably took about 6-7 trips to WDW btwn the ages of 4-18. But then I took a little break from it.

After I met DH in 1991 at age 18, we took one trip to WDW together in May 1998 for the opening of Animal Kingdom.

Then we didn't get back for almost 10 years, until 2007 when we took our first trip with the kids. In the 1 1/2 years leading up to that trip is when I became the hard-core fan that I am today. During this time I discovered the Disney online community and Disney podcasts.

For me, it was the joy of introducing my children to the same Parks I enjoyed as a kid that brought back all of my love and affection for WDW.

I have yet to do an Illuminations cruise. What a wonderful idea to share that with your friends and family on your next trip in November! Which will be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
I'm finally all caught up

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss in the family, and the trouble you faced from your husband on this vacation.

Awesome news that you guys at least have another vacation in the works though.

Looking forward to more
Thank you! Yes, I love having another WDW trip coming up in the future. Even if it is 1 1/2 yrs away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoShan1719 View Post
As one half of a couple who spends the entire day in a park, from rope drop to closing, I just can't wrap my head around the idea of leaving early. You sure have a lot of patience, I would have told my DH to suck it and enjoy the hotel alone lol. Can't wait to hear more!
I have yet to tour a park from rope drop to closing - no break. Even on my 2 solo trips. That is pretty impressive!

I have a feeling when the kids are teenagers, I will probably take them on a short 4-5 day trip - just the three of us - when we can go hard-core like that and really get a lot done.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: