Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #271
natureprincess
Earning My Ears

Wow, what a great trip report. I'm really enjoying it... I like your storytelling and your pictures are really great, too! Can't wait to read the next installment!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #272
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you've got a busy few weeks coming up! It's been crazy busy here too so I compeletely understand. Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming. Interested to hear about your running plan. I am on Week 8 of the Couch to 5K Program and have found that surprisingly I like it! I'm hoping to run teh 5K in October at WDW. I've heard of a program called Bridge to 10K that I thought I'd try next. Do you follow any sort of program or do you just get out there and run?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #273
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureprincess View Post
Wow, what a great trip report. I'm really enjoying it... I like your storytelling and your pictures are really great, too! Can't wait to read the next installment!
Thank you and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Sounds like you've got a busy few weeks coming up! It's been crazy busy here too so I compeletely understand. Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming. Interested to hear about your running plan. I am on Week 8 of the Couch to 5K Program and have found that surprisingly I like it! I'm hoping to run teh 5K in October at WDW. I've heard of a program called Bridge to 10K that I thought I'd try next. Do you follow any sort of program or do you just get out there and run?
Hey Michelle! I haven't quite figured out yet what kind of program or schedule I will be following. I have to get that nailed down this weekend. I am of mixed minds on the couch to 5k. Even though I am essentially starting at ground zero, having not exercised for longer than I care to admit, I am also someone who likes to see results fast. It's the only way I stay motivated. I find the start of the couch to 5k doesn't push me hard enough. That said, it is a fine line, as I don't want to push so hard that I quit before I begin either!

Last edited by cdotla; 06-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #274
pinkle
DIS Veteran

Great thread.
I'm in.....
I live 'north of the border' as well.....you're DD birthday party was so great, I can't wait to see DS party.
I hope your trip is going to be more good than bad,,,,,,,Disney is soooooo wonderful
Good luck with the 10km.....I haven't gotten passed 7km before but it is a goal.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #275
VanessainWonderland
Mouseketeer

Smile

Great TR so far! Sorry about Katie getting sick.

You never know with little ones.

Going back....Have some catching up to do!

Me (28) DH(31): DD(3)DSS(8)

Old 06-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #276
cdotla
Trish

A Family Milestone...someone hits 44 Inches!!!

After spending a wonderful 1st hour in the Magic Kingdom with walk-on crowd levels everywhere, we were having a terrific day! And the excitement was just continuing as we were on our way to our two Favourite Mountains - Splash and Thunder!!!

One of the things I was most looking forward to on this trip was the fact that our youngest family member had not only hit the elusive 40 inches, but had also grown to stand exactly 44 inches tall!!!

The last time we had been in the Parks as a whole family was two years earlier when Declan was just 2 years, 10 months old. At that point, he hadn't quite reached 40 inches. As a result, our family always had to break up to ride the height restricted attractions.

On this trip, we were looking forward to hitting a new Family Milestone: being able to ride so many of our favourite Disney attractions together as a Family for the very first time, including:
-Splash Mountain

-Big Thunder Mountain

-Space Mountain

-Soarin'

-Tower of Terror

-Test Track

-Mission Space; and

-Expedition Everest!!!

With the exception of Rockin' Rollercoaster and Primeval Whirl (for which I was quite happy to sit out) we would now be able to experience every attraction in all four Parks together as a Family!

After bravely tackling the Haunted Mansion, Declan was ready to attack the Mountains. And I was so excited to see him do it!

First we headed over to Splash Mountain and grabbed a FastPass.

Then we headed over to a 5-10 minute stand-by line for Big Thunder.

"Hang on to them hats and glasses cuz this here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

I adore Big Thunder! It is the perfect introduction for pre-schoolers to "big" rollercoasters. It is just fast enough to be thrilling and fun to ride without making anyone sick or scared. As expected, Declan loved it!

There is nothing quite like seeing your child's smiles and hearing their laughter as they experience their first "real" Disney rollercoaster! (I don't have any still photos because I was too busy videotaping!)

The excitement of lining up in the short que, loading onto the train, starting out of the station, jerking forward and back in your seat as you climb the mountain with the rock walls rolling toward you, bursting down the track, ducking under the longhorns, and sliding in your seat for the curves, all with the Big Thunder soundtrack playing in the background is just about the best all-round Park experience in my books.

(Continued)

Last edited by cdotla; 06-11-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #277
cdotla
Trish

(Continued from above)

With Big Thunder accomplished, and our family having the time of our lives, it was now time to hit Splash Mountain. Although our FastPass time hadn't yet come up, the Standby line was only 10 minutes, so we decided to hop in line.

Once again, I was so excited to share this experience with my son. Riding two of my favourite rides for the first time with my little guy beside me was definitely one of the highlights of the trip!

Although Katie to this day still gets nervous on Splash and Tower of Terror, my little man is the complete opposite. So brave! I was so happy...he takes right after Mom in loving the thrill rides!

Zippity Do-Dah, Zippity Day!
My oh, My, What a Wonderful Day!

Once again, Splash was another hit. Everyone loved it. By the time we finished our first ride, our FastPass time was coming up, so we got back in line and rode again, this time with a different partner. Just as fun the second time!

After finishing our last ride, and floating in our log to the loading area, we spotted these guys:

By this point, it was close to 11am, our check-out time at the Contemporary. So regretfully we had to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom for now.

I took some pictures on the way out.

Unfortunately, we would not have a chance to make it over to Tom Sawyer's Island on this trip. Next time!

On our way out of the Park, we decided to take a nice leisurely ride on the Walt Disney World Railroad, which dropped us off right at the Front Gates.

Perfect way to end our morning!

UP NEXT: Goodbye Contemporary!

Last edited by cdotla; 06-13-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #278
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

What great pictures! And what a thrill to be able to do all those rides as a family together. The walk-on times worked out great for you!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 06-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #279
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkle View Post
Great thread.
I'm in.....
I live 'north of the border' as well.....you're DD birthday party was so great, I can't wait to see DS party.
I hope your trip is going to be more good than bad,,,,,,,Disney is soooooo wonderful
Good luck with the 10km.....I haven't gotten passed 7km before but it is a goal.
Thanks so much for posting and saying hi! And Welcome to a fellow Canuck!

I will certainly keep you posted on our plans for the Pirate Party. I thought it was going to be the 1st weekend in July, but one of Declan's best friends will be away. So we have moved it once again to the original date of June 26, with a rain date of June 27. Unfortunately this is the same day that another child in his pre-school class is having her Toy Story 3 Party. However, our party is 1-3pm and her party is only starting at 4:30pm. So I think it will be fine. I was nervous to go on Sunday for fear of rain. I have an outside Treasure Hunt planned!

Anyway, now that the date is moved back by one week, I really have to get cracking on things this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessainWonderland View Post
Great TR so far! Sorry about Katie getting sick.

You never know with little ones.

Going back....Have some catching up to do!
Thanks for posting and Welcome!

I have all the chapter links posted in the 2nd post on page 1, and links at the end of each chapter once I get the next one posted, so hopefully it won't take you too long to catch up. I am still only on Day 2!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #280
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
What great pictures! And what a thrill to be able to do all those rides as a family together. The walk-on times worked out great for you!
Thanks! Yes, it was a great morning. We got so much accomplished due to the limited crowds.

I know everyone else in May at our time has been remarking about high crowds, but for the most part I did not find them bad at all. I have been to WDW the 1st week of May at least 15-20 times and this was one of the lightest crowd levels I have seen.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #281
edk35
DIS Veteran

Keep em coming!!! Great trip report!!! We are DVC members and have stayed at BCV twice and LOVED it both times. Can't wait to hear all about your stay!!!!

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 06-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #282
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY that Declan was able to ride all of the rides!! How fun to experience them as a complete family this time!! I was hoping that Claire would be 40 inches for this last trip but she was just under!! Hopefully by November she'll hit the mark!! It will make park touring much easier for sure!! LOVE BTMRR!! GREAT ride pics from SM!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #283
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad Declan liked Splash and BTMRR! He sounds like my youngest - he was 4 on his first trip and he rode everything he was tall enough for and loved them all, no fear for him!

Can't wait to see your pics from the BC!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #284
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Our Declan had his first coaster ride on BTMRR as well. He has been a thrill-ride junkie ever since.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 06-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #285
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

That update brought a smile to my face...you made me feel like I was right there.

I love the pics from Splash Mountain....when we went in January it was down for refurbishment, but I know it will be open next August when we go

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: