Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #256
lumpy08
Mouseketeer

OMG! I am so loving all your pictures. You are making me so excited for my trip. We only did the rope drop for SWW at HS. Now I am thinking I should change one of my days around for rope drop at MK.

On morning of EMH do they do a rope drop? How does that work?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #257
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys were having a great morning. MK looks wonderfully empty. I am with you on getting there at rope drop and experiencing low crowds. Shame on your DH for not taking pictures...
My children are older and they never want to go to sleep at night so as our the week goes on it gets harder and harder to make rope drop.

Oh yeah...I love that puffy sweet cinnamon goodness too! your picture makes my mouth water. The CP is always a must do for us.

Looking forward to more... Have a great day!

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #258
kmab00
DIS Veteran

I just saw the link to this in my TR! YAY I'm so glad you have another TR going! I just loved your last one! Your little girl is getting big!! How neat you guys got to stay at Cotemp, Board Walk, and the Poly! Sounds like fun!!!

I LOVE CP breakfast! Yummy!!! Y'all got to do a lot in one morning! That's awesome! Great report so far!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #259
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY I love being there for rope drop!! How fun to be one of the 1st families to ride Dumbo!! And YAY for finding Cinderella's horse!! Looks like you got to ride a lot in a short amount of time--another benefit of getting to the parks before they open!! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #260
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Great morning at MK. Fantastic that you got on Dumbo without all the waiting....Dumbo and Peter Pan are still two of my favourites at MK.
Me too! Love Dumbo and Peter Pan! I am very excited to see what the imagineers have in store for us with Dumbo in the next year or two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
I just those pics of your DD and DS as you all are waiting for Fantasyland to open!!!! Peter Pan is my favorite ride and it is soooo Disney to me!
Thanks! I love those pictures too...those moments just before rope drop are so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
What a great morning! Peter Pan is my favorite ride in Fantasyland too! When I ride it, I feel like I'm instantly 5 again!

Everything is going so smoothly!!

Sara
We certainly had a great morning at Magic Kingdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Oh the Dumbo Dash! I just love it! Usually we participate in it starting at the main rope drop, but one time we did have an 8:00 CP ADR and made it to the Fantasyland Rope Drop and on that first Dumbo ride. My youngest still talks about "winning" the Dumbo Dash because we were there first!
There is nothing like the feeling of "winning" the Dumbo race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Your pictures are gorgeous Trish! So vibrant and colorful!

Sounds like you are having a wonderful morning. I really would like to take an extra long trip sometime so that I could feel like we could take it easy and go with the flow - I try to do that, but I'm not always successful
Honestly, the 11 days really tricked me on this trip. Til now, I think the maximum number of consecutive days I have spent in the Parks was 4 or 5. So this trip seemed very luxurious to me. However, even though we didn't tour the parks as much as we could (or should have), we still didn't come close to getting everything I wanted done. (And I thought I had pretty realistic expectations as I had cut a lot of "non-essentials" out of the agenda). Even if I had been able to completely control our agenda, I still think this would have happened. So is 11 days to much time to be in the Parks....not even close!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthemoon4mickey View Post
Hi! I am SO in on this trip report. I like the fact that you are willing to report the ups and downs that happen on a vacation. I can relate so much! Adorable family! looks like you had a great time all in all. I wish I could sprinkle some pixie dust on your husband and make him love Disney like the rest of us do. Since my husband may love Disney even more than I do, I'll use your trip reort to remind me how blessed I am. Love the report...can't wait for more.
Thank you and welcome!

A husband who actually likes Disney more than me??? WOW!!! Now that would be pretty amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benolathe View Post
Enjoying your trip report, and looking forward to your next installment.

Unfortunately, my husband sounds EXACTLY like yours. So, I know what you mean by traveling with someone who does not enjoy being at WDW.
Thank you and welcome!

Sorry you are in the same boat as me with the Disney-resistant husband. At least we can comiserate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
I'm glad Katie woke up feeling better! great pics of the empty main street! Isn't it sooo wonderful to see it like that?!we loved CP too! great pics of the characters! we didn't catch tigger either! We wanted to make rope drop! yay for being on the first dumbo ride!!

awww sooo sorry about your DISfriend. Twice you were unable to meet her!

we loved HM as well! I agree, a true Disney classic! I'm glad Declan liked it!

can't wait for the next update!
What is it about that Tigger? We have missed him on 3 separate trips to CP now! He is so elusive!

And yes, there is nothing like walking up a near-empty Main Street!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #261
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I ADORE the pictures of the kids awaiting rope drop from behind. Adorable and such a cute perspective. I dont' wonder why your friends wanted you to photograph their wedding reception. You have quite a knack!!
Thanks...I love looking at those pictures too. Brings back the excitement in those few moments before rope drop, and of course, all of our fun memories from our first morning at the MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
I LOVE your photos! I feel like you are really capturing the feeling of being there. It sounds like you guys were having a great morning. I also like that pic of the kids running off to Frontierland - you can tell how excited they are, even from behind.
We did have a great morning! And the kids were definitely excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
This morning seemed to go well! PP is my absolute favorite Fantasyland ride (tied with Philharmagic, which I guess isn't really a ride!)-- glad Declan loved the HM so much!!
Peter Pan is great! And I completely agree with you about Philharmagic! That is definitely a can't miss attraction, and one of my absolute favourites! We didn't fit it in during our 1st morning, but we definitely get to it later in the trip!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #262
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy08 View Post
OMG! I am so loving all your pictures. You are making me so excited for my trip. We only did the rope drop for SWW at HS. Now I am thinking I should change one of my days around for rope drop at MK.

On morning of EMH do they do a rope drop? How does that work?
I actually avoid going to the MK on EMH mornings as a result of the fact that there is no early entrance. So I may not be the right person to ask. However, the last time I did it was back in 2007 when they opened the Park early for the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour. As I recall, everyone was let into the Park shortly before 8am, walked up to the Castle and the entrance to Fantasyland, and I believe there was then a separate rope drop at Fantasyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeemamma View Post
Looks like you guys were having a great morning. MK looks wonderfully empty. I am with you on getting there at rope drop and experiencing low crowds. Shame on your DH for not taking pictures...
My children are older and they never want to go to sleep at night so as our the week goes on it gets harder and harder to make rope drop.

Oh yeah...I love that puffy sweet cinnamon goodness too! your picture makes my mouth water. The CP is always a must do for us.

Looking forward to more... Have a great day!
I am right there with you on the early Park touring! Close friends of ours (who are notorious late risers) went with us on our 1st trip to Disney with the kids in 2007. We stayed offsite, and they were on property. We joked that for whatever reason they could never manage to arrive at any park before 11am, just as we were about finishing our morning touring. While we always met up for dinner, we never saw them in the parks the whole trip before 11am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmab00 View Post
I just saw the link to this in my TR! YAY I'm so glad you have another TR going! I just loved your last one! Your little girl is getting big!! How neat you guys got to stay at Cotemp, Board Walk, and the Poly! Sounds like fun!!!

I LOVE CP breakfast! Yummy!!! Y'all got to do a lot in one morning! That's awesome! Great report so far!!!
Hey Karen! Thanks for coming over!

And yes, our 1st morning at the Magic Kingdom could not have gone much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY I love being there for rope drop!! How fun to be one of the 1st families to ride Dumbo!! And YAY for finding Cinderella's horse!! Looks like you got to ride a lot in a short amount of time--another benefit of getting to the parks before they open!! Can't wait to hear more!
Yes, we got a lot accomplished that morning! Great way to kick off the trip for our first visit to the parks!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #263
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
I hear ya about the commando-tendancies! They are hard to break. Especially if you were indoctrinated in the ways of TGM, as I was for the kids' first trip back in 2007. Everytime I do something against the rules (such as riding the Carrousel as our 2nd ride at 9:05am in Fantasyland) I have to fight all of the TGM voices in my head telling me what a mistake I am making!
I have been using TGM for many years. I know exactly what you mean about NOT following his words of wisdom. It almost makes me feel guilty.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 06-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #264
mickeyphile
Earning My Ears

Smile

Trish can you believe the number or responses on your thread and you are only on your first park day!!!! Loving the report and pics but please don't keep us hanging on for so long. Update soon.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #265
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
I have been using TGM for many years. I know exactly what you mean about NOT following his words of wisdom. It almost makes me feel guilty.
We were taught well, weren't we? The program should come with some type of disclaimer: Warning - you if you follow this program and see how well it works you will never be able to leisure-tour the parks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyphile View Post
Trish can you believe the number or responses on your thread and you are only on your first park day!!!! Loving the report and pics but please don't keep us hanging on for so long. Update soon.
So sorry! I had been hoping to update this week, but unfortunately life got in the way! I haven't even downloaded photos I took at a wedding reception last Saturday for the bride's family.

I won't bore you with all of the things going on lately, but suffice to say, I am never home! And when I am home I am failing miserably at keeping up with all of my regular chores and tasks.

I also feel bad because I haven't been able to keep up with everyone else's TRs that I have been reading.

And it is not going to get any easier. Next week I am determined to start running again. My husband is running a half-marathon in October, and I would like to join him by running the companion 10k race. And I am also out of town for work 3 days next week!

I also have Declan's Pirate Party creeping up on me and a million things to do beforehand to get ready for it. This weekend will be spent being all crafty / Martha Stewart!

So realistically, I don't think I can commit to doing more than 1 or 2 updates over the weekends. If I am able to throw one up mid-week I certainly will, but no promises!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #266
PrincessMomto2
Mouseketeer

Well your first full day seems to be going along great. I also make sure I book 8 AM ADR's for the MK. Just love walking down Main Street before park opening at least one time during our trip. Having breakfast at CP and making a mad dash for DUMBO is something we always do as well. There is nothing worse than waiting on a looooooong hot line at DUMBO. So we try to get that done our first day as well.

I'm very impressed on how crafty you are! Wish I had that talent. I do understand about being busy this time of year. So many things happen during the month of June. Don't worry take your time and we'll be here waiting! :
June 2009 Polynesian (without daddy but with Aunt Andrea)
Aug. 2007 - Polynesian (dd2's first trip.) Feb. 2002 - Polynesian (dd's 5th bday)Nov. 1999 - Polynesian (dd's 1st time)
prev trips - Dixie Landings & Contemporary

Next Trip - in the planning stages and too far away! :sigh:
Old 06-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #267
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Whew! I'm all caught up. I'm so sorry that Katie was sick and your first night was not what you had hoped it would be. But your morning sounds like it went very well! And you do have some beautiful pics, I can see why your friend asked you to take some at the wedding. Can't wait to read more!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 06-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #268
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMomto2 View Post
Well your first full day seems to be going along great. I also make sure I book 8 AM ADR's for the MK. Just love walking down Main Street before park opening at least one time during our trip. Having breakfast at CP and making a mad dash for DUMBO is something we always do as well. There is nothing worse than waiting on a looooooong hot line at DUMBO. So we try to get that done our first day as well.

I'm very impressed on how crafty you are! Wish I had that talent. I do understand about being busy this time of year. So many things happen during the month of June. Don't worry take your time and we'll be here waiting! :
I am with you about avoiding the long lines at Dumbo...if we can't do it 1st thing, we don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Whew! I'm all caught up. I'm so sorry that Katie was sick and your first night was not what you had hoped it would be. But your morning sounds like it went very well! And you do have some beautiful pics, I can see why your friend asked you to take some at the wedding. Can't wait to read more!
Thanks! Yes, things definitely picked up big time on our 2nd day!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #269
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

The breakfast at CP looks yummy. I will have to plan on doing it one of these years. What a great time it appears you had during your MK morning.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #270
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
The breakfast at CP looks yummy. I will have to plan on doing it one of these years. What a great time it appears you had during your MK morning.
Thanks Stephanie! It was a lot of fun, and definitely a trip highlight!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: